April IUI's!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-14-2008, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazcat View Post
Aly, I'm sorry this wasn't the month for you. As I was reading the thread, I was so excited, then so sad....what a rollercoaster. But as you said, you learned something and that's better than not knowing anything! Sounds like injectables minus the IUI is a good move. Do you think there might be progesterone issues?
From all the tests it seems to be fine but just incase I have been on progesterone the last two cycles so I'm not thinking that is it.

I really dont know what the deal is, a few years back when I was 21 (I'm 27now) we got pregnant WHILE ON BC, it ended in a m/c But while I was m/cing (still bleeding, dr told us it was just spotting, only to find out the next day it was a m/c) but that night dh and I bded (I mean what's the harm I was already pregnant right???) well turns out that I got pg AGAIN from that ONE time of bding, DH lived in a different state at that point so we know we only bded ONCE) It appears I o'd while I was still spotting and after watching my beta fall to ZERO, 2 weeks later it went RIGHT BACK UP!!! 10 wk m/c there. So as you can imagine we thought we were fertile myrtile!! I got pg over a year ago only 3 months after coming off BC again, 9 wk m/c and D&C...Now a year later we cant get preg at all. My dr has been really proactive with us since we have had 3 m/c (this month would be 4, but this was more like a chemical then an actual pg) So after 6 months of TTC naturally again and tons of test he started us on fertility meds. I have no idea what is going on with my body, I have normal periods, 28 days everymonth, I respond well to the meds and DH has a steller SA. So here I sit, diagnosed Unexplained Infertility after TTC for about 15 months. I honestly should not complain bc some people have been trying WAY longer then we have, but to be so close so many times just to have it snached away in the end is well...just really hard.

Not sure why I felt the need to tell my WHOLE life story there, but um...there it is!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2008, 02:20 AM

No, I'm so glad you did. Very very interesting, and of course very tragic I did a little googling and came across this - http://www.miscarriage.com.au/basepage.cfm?id=39. Has your doc done this kind of testing? Looks like pretty sophisticated stuff....I bet not too many do.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the welcomes...
turns out I may need some more support from y'all - i had my second RE appt yesterday, and they said my FSH was at menopausal levels. They think it is probably a lab error so they are having them re-run the test, but I am still freaking out. Have you ever heard of this? Through my googling, I found it could be premature ovarian failure???? I'm so stressed about this, paranoid I'll never even have the chance to harvest my last eggs before I descend into hot flashes.

any thoughts?
Old 04-15-2008, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Biomama:Wow, I really think that is a lab error!! My half-sister went through menopause at 21, she found out 10 YEARS last that she has a auto immune disease called Addisons Disease that caused it. I am NOT sugggesting that you have this, bc she has a whole big list of other health problems, but yes I have heard of unexplained on-set of early menopause. (side note, my sister went on to adopt two amazingly beautiful blonde hair, blue eyed children, who look JUST LIKE HER, If you cant tell I love them just a little bit HAHAHA )

I really think it is probably lab error though, When will you find out the results? Just what you need while TTC, something NEW to worry about! let us know how it goes! Good Luck!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:24 PM

Biomama- I hope hope hope that it was just a lab error, and that your levels are ok!!! How scary!

Aly- i'm sorry about your prior m/c. How heartwrenching to keep going through that! I'm glad your dr is being proactive. I have only had one m/c, but that was after 3yrs of ttc. Because of that, my dr went all out with tests, since I expressed concern about waiting another 3 yrs to get pg, only to m/c because of some undiagnosed problem. I hope they are able to find out what's going on.

I had my cd4 u/s (should be cd1-3, but between the wknd and schedules, that didn't happen). I'm feeling rather beaten up and defeated. Everyone was in a hurry, all of a sudden they were saying my insurance wouldn't cover things (which isn't true, unless they are coding it as part of an iui), and my left ovary looks like bubblewrap. Every time I go in it looks like that, regardless of where I'm at in my cycle. I should just discount that ovary altogether, since it never seems to produce anything but dozens of ridiculously small follicles/cysts. I don't want to do this anymore. I promised dh I'd try to keep my spirits up at least for this last cycle, but I don't know if I can.

Sorry to be a downer. I hope everyone got enjoy some of this beautiful weather (if you were lucky enough to have beautiful warm weather today!! )!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:01 PM

hi again,

well I really feel like I belong in the infertility group now - no lab error, high FSH at CD2 was real. They took more blood today (CD5) for FSH, LH, estradiol, and hCG, I'm not sure why. I'll find out for those tomorrow. I've looked more into premature ovarian failure, and it could be related to autoimmune, like your sister, Aly. Most of the time they can't find a reason for it. Either way, it's not good news. I'll let you guys know tomorrow what happens.

Kristen and Aly, big hugs. Thanks for your thoughts, and good luck to you guys this cycle.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:05 PM

Oh no!!!!!! I'm so sorry! Have they given you any info/advice yet, or is it still too early in the dx phase? I can't even imagine how you must be feeling right now, I know I would be just reeling. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you navigate your way through this latest challenge.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomama View Post
hi again,

well I really feel like I belong in the infertility group now - no lab error, high FSH at CD2 was real. They took more blood today (CD5) for FSH, LH, estradiol, and hCG, I'm not sure why. I'll find out for those tomorrow. I've looked more into premature ovarian failure, and it could be related to autoimmune, like your sister, Aly. Most of the time they can't find a reason for it. Either way, it's not good news. I'll let you guys know tomorrow what happens.

Kristen and Aly, big hugs. Thanks for your thoughts, and good luck to you guys this cycle.
Biomama, I'm so sorry. At this stage, no one needs anything more to worry about. Another poster on the IF board has a similar thing happen, hers was 14 and I think she was around your age, maybe a bit older. She started a "is there anything to improve fsh" thread and then began rigorous acup./chin. herbs and hers went down to 10ish, I believe after one around a few treatments. I'm not sure I'm getting the whole story exactly, but that's the gist. Perhaps that could also help you?

Kristen, I'm so sorry this is such a hard path to be on. Wishing you :

I'm still waiting for the surge around here...and opking frequently! Thinking IUI will happen sometime Thurs-Sun?

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 04-15-2008, 11:46 PM

thanks guys. i found the high FSH thread, w. the acu info. I'm not sure the point is to lower the FSH, rather than achieve pregnancy, or at least get some eggies out of there before it's too late... I guess I'll see what my doctor says. Plus, my FSH was above 40, so not exactly close to the cutoff range.

thanks for letting me vent, and for the support. I know none of us want to be here, but I'm glad we can at least help each other out along the way.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:34 PM

So giving an update... We went to the back out doc today... We had a follicle scan and on the left side we had one large follicle about 20x18 in size with a few small ones too... On the right side it we had a follicle size that was 18xsometihng(i forgot) and one that is 10xsomething and with about 5 small follicles too.... We had the trigger done about 3:30 this afternoon and we will be doing an IUI on Friday morning at 9:15am. Hopefully this will be the month. Our Dr... said "with her fingers crossed forth come pregancy on Friday." shes awesome...
Our Dr said that shes is very happy with the results that came from 50mg of Clomid...
Wish us luck!

~*~*~*~*~Baby dust to all~*~*~*~*~
Old 04-17-2008, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Biomama: I hope you figure out what is going on very soon.

Sstapp: : yay for good follies and getting your trigger! I hope your IUI is a lucky one this month!!

Old 04-18-2008, 12:12 AM

I'm so so so so happy you guys - the lab messed up my FSH twice, can you believe it?? I had another blood draw (for a 3rd FSH, plus some other hormones), and it came back normal levels!!!! The lab admitted their errors, and they said the normal level was the correct one.

I was so relieved, I feel like the luckiest person in the world, now we're just back to male factor infertility, which seems great compared to menopausal and male factor! I've been floating today.

I'm really mad at the lab for messing it up twice though, I'm hoping to get at least a refund for all the lab costs (I don't have infertility coverage).

So we're back on schedule for the double IUI this month, most likely next week Wednesday or Thursday, and again the next day.

sstapp, good luck tomorrow! those follicles sound great. What CD are you?

poetgirl, any sign of the surge?

kristen, any updates?

Aly, are you hanging in there?

Everyone else?
Old 04-18-2008, 12:43 AM

Biomama, I am SOO SOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! That is wonderful news. I know you're still dealing with MFI, but you must be floating on Cloud 9 with this news!

Sstapp- good luck with your iui!!

Nothing new here, just dealing with my crazy emotions (I vented in the general IF thread earlier today). I'm nervous about my u/s next Wed., that there won't be any good follies or that my estrogen levels will be too low. ACK! I'm not supposed to be obsessing like this until the 2ww!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:32 AM

Hi all, AF arrived on Tues, 15-Apr. Was really depressed and bummed...if with 5 follicles and 45 mil didn't work, what are the chances that this will eventually give us what we long for?

Anyway, I spoke to my Dr. and he wants to try another IUI, with 150mg Clomid. I asked about injectables but he is relunctant for me to use injectables because he said Clomid is working for me. I wonder, what are the reasons for using injectables? Is it only when you don't ovulate on 200mg of Clomid?

This round, I'm taking Clomid from CD5 - 9 instead of CD2-6. The reason for this is because DH and I are going for away for 3 days, and these 3 days so happen to be CD 12 - 14!! So hopefully taking the Clomid later will delay ovulation a bit and then we will do the IUI on CD15.

Sstapp - keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. Good luck for your IUI!!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

:: BIOMAMA:I am so glad the lab screwed up your labs (um...well not glad they screwed it up, but glad, those were not your numbers) That must feel like such a HUGE weight lifted off your shoulders!

someday_a_rainbow I know how you feel last month I had 6 follicles, and we did double IUI, with like 45 and 65 mil sperm. Nope no baby, it really made me feel like, well, if that didnt work nothing will. I just started injectibles after 6 clomid cycle, my dr only switched me bc he says that if you do too many cycles of clomid it can be harmful to you. I responded really well to clomid too.

As for me: Well today at my cd9 u/s they saw 5 good follicles, they said it looks like I should trigger on Monday! YAY!! Back to the 2ww. On a side note, the lady from the military IVF clinic called me and I have been initailly accepted into the program and I have a consult on April 28th and if all goes well, I will be able to do a June IVF cycle! Hopefully this month works though and I dont need to do Ivf!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 03:37 PM

Today we had our IUI done... Thanks for all of the good luck wishes.

We are on CD14 today. Our Doc said the vial we had was "movin and groovin" which is awesome that is what we wanted to hear. When she walked in she said "are you ready to be preg?" More than ready is more like it.

The injectable our doc gave us was Ovidrel on CD12 afternoon. She said it will release and mature the egg in the follicle. We were on Clomid from CD5-9 only 50mg.

Were hoping this is our month.

Everyone wish us luck!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:28 PM

Hey this was our first IUI...

Has anyone experienced any light bleeding after IUI. Trying to find out if its normal or not.

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstapp View Post
Hey this was our first IUI...

Has anyone experienced any light bleeding after IUI. Trying to find out if its normal or not.

Thanks!
Sstapp, I have heard of this. Just had a friend who had an IUI this past monday and the same thing happened to her, was told it's "normal."
GL!!!

Looks like I'll be waiting with you, I got my surge this morning so tomorrow is our day! I have heard people say it's beneficial to have an orgasm either before or after the IUI (or both? not sure) to relax all those muscles and increase blood flow to the area. Anyone do this?
Also, there is a 2 hour window between DH giving his swimmers and my part of it. We will be there together. : Any ideas of how to pass the time in a mellow way?

Biomama, I'm not so religious but, well Hallelujah! They screwed this up twice? Unbelievable! Still, that is great news to have that issue off the table. Amazing how these mistakes can completely alter your life for two days...aas if the ride didn't already have enough twists and turns.

Aly and Rainbow, I am really sorry you had such perfect cycles and they didn't work out. This must be so disappointing. GL to both of you for this time around. :

Old 04-18-2008, 07:18 PM

Thanks I found searching google that it could be normal. It was just shocking at first and I called our Dr. Office and our nurse with in with a patient awaiting her call back. ugh...
We asked our doc about the orgasm for an IUI. It was not necessary because where they are putting the swimmers for an IUI is where they need to be with the egg present. She stated that was not necessary take it easy for a few days and think fertile thoughts.

Since we had ours today... Hopefully we will both be getting those postive results in 2 weeks...

Baby Dust to you!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 12:01 PM

wow, everyone is starting their TWW right now! I'm still waiting for mine... I think I might ovulate mid to late next week.

I'm nervous and excited about the IUI...

Hey, so for MFI, I know the donor (DH) is supposed to abstain for 2-3 days before the IUI, but if you don't know when you're going to ovulate, how do you make sure you get the timing right? I know it can be bad if he abstains too long, right?

So when should our last BD be, do you think?
Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 PM

Okey doke, IUI #1 completed!
What a relief! Just not knowing what it would be like was a bit of a stressor (my blood pressure was um, strangely high) but it was really not much of a big deal and I'm happy to have this option.
The nurse said DH's sample was great (she didn't give us #s and even though I wanted to know, in the moment, the enthusiastic "great" was enough--he was 30 mil on the SA but he's been taking maca). I still tested positive this morning at 6:30 for LH so that was a 24 hour surge for me. Is that normal? I can't remember how long it's supposed to be, seemed kind of long. It's neg. now. I asked about doing one tomorrow too because of it but the nurse said our timing was great, to do it tonight and tomorrow morning and see what happens. Does this all sound right?
I have been quite crampy today (really just laying very low) and lots of sensation on the ovaries. Here we go!
How's everyone else?

Old 04-19-2008, 11:10 PM

Yay, Jennifer! I hope the little guys find their target!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:38 AM

Hey Jennifer- Congrats on getting through the IUI! I'm glad it wasn't too bad. About your LH surge, I've heard of positive OPKs for several days, as you catch the surge going up, and then again going down. Do you have another insemination this cycle or do you just have one?

sstapp, how are you feeling?

Everyone else?

I'm just anxious to get this done! I'm still waiting to O but noticing signs that it's near, and also my CBEFM had a "high" reading yesterday!!! Yay!
Old 04-20-2008, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I have 8 mature follicles this cycle... My dr told us that if we were doing IUI he would have cancelled it, but since we are just bding he will let us go ahead and try.

The follicles are 1@20, 2@19, and 6@17

They actually called on Friday and after looking at my that mornings blood work and told me to come in on Today (sunday) bc he didnt think I could wait until monday. So they went ahead and triggered me. Its going to be a busy 4 days of bding!!

Old 04-21-2008, 01:03 AM

Fingers and toes crossed for all this month!

I've been on Clomid for 3 months (at 100mg), then a 1 month break and Clomid for another 3 months (at 150mg). This is my 6th cycle on Clomid.

I have read that Clomid may have an effect on the uterine lining, making it less thick or something like that. I am afraid that this might have happened to me, as I have noticed in the past year, I've been getting less AF. Usually I get AF for 4-5 days, but now I only get AF for 2.5 - 3 days (sorry if TMI). But when I asked my doctor, he said no, Clomid doesnt have that effect or reduce AF doesn't mean less uterine lining... :
Old 04-21-2008, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

someday_a_rainbow: I have heard that about clomid thining the uterine lining. Are you being monitored via u/s? If so they will be monitoring yoru lining as well. I did 5 cycles of clomid and 1 of femara and never had a problem with my lining. Good Luck!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 02:52 AM

Ugh we are in the 2 week wait.. It’s only been 3 days and it seems like forever already

My partner and I are hoping this 2 weeks go by faster resulting (positive results)

Since the trigger shot my partner has had the queasy off and on. Today kinda of bloated and tired... So let’s see if these are positive signs. I know maybe it’s too early but we can always hope for the best...
Old 04-21-2008, 06:14 PM

Hey I was wondering if anyone here has had the HCG Trigger shot before.

If so can you tell us how long it is before its out of your system...
Old 04-21-2008, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

I've had quite a few of them....Well it usually stays in my system for about 7-10 days. It depends on your dose, and everyone is different.

Here is what I usually do bc I AM A POAS-aholic.

At 10days past trigger (usually 8 or 9 dpo) I take a HPT, if it shows up positive, I KNOW it is still the trigger bc it is WAY to early for it to be real, so I don't get my hopes up, I know its just the trigger, then I test again in about 2 days, if it gets darker instead of going away then it is then a REAL BFP. If it is negative at 10dpt, then I KNOW the trigger is offically gone from my system therefore any two lines after that point is a real BFP.

HAHA, looking back that sounds very confusing!! I hope this helps!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
Well I figured since there was a IVF thread we should have an April IUI thread!

APRIL IUI'S

Aly22681: Follistim and trying naturally this month while decided whether to move on to IVF.

biomama: Non-medicated double IUI cycle.

kristenok18: 5mg femara cd5-9 with hcg trigger. Trying it natural this month with preseed after cancelled IUI.

LiamsMommy31905: 100mg Clomid, HCG Trigger, u/s 4/4 with possible IUI on 4/7 or 4/8.

poetgirl: Waiting to start clomid for first IUI cycle.

rubidoux: 225iu's gonal-f cd3-9, 2 follies 19 and 20mm, HCG trigger evening of cd10, iui's the next 3 mornings on 4/4, 4/5, 4/6, pg test scheduled for 4/18.

someday_a_rainbow: 150 mg Clomid, First IUI, HCG Trigger, 5 follicles. IUI 3/29, Sperm 45 mil.

snowbell: 50mg Clomid, IUI 4/14

sstapp: Clomid Cd 5-9, HCG Trigger, IUI on 4/17

User Tag List