April IUI's!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

#121 of 163 Old 04-25-2008, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
someday_a_rainbow:Sometimes you only get eggs on one side OR the other. I had many of months where I only got eggs on on side, Since you have 3 on your right, and they ARE giving you a trigger, I would DEFINITLY go ahead with your IUI. Wait, do you have both tubes?? Is that why you are worried about no eggs on the right? Either way, Good Luck!!

As for me: Well, here I sit at 4dpo

I am dying to test, the good news is they only gave me 5,000 units of HCG this month, so it should be out of my system in 5 days so if I get a BFP anyday from now on I know it should be a real one.

I went to the Dr this morning for more blood work and a u/s to see how many eggies released. I ovulated 5 eggs this month!! ::

In case you cant tell I'm really proud of myself (and a little scared of quintuplets

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 163 Old 04-25-2008, 03:06 PM

So on Wednesday morning I went and had blood drawn... Our progesterone levels were 12.2. I think I read anywhere above 10 is good.

Can anyone give me any insite if 12.2 is good and looking good for us. Today ends week 1 of our waiting so far..
#123 of 163 Old 04-28-2008, 10:54 AM

Bad Sunday over here. AF showed up yesterday afternoon.:

I can't even begin to think about another month of treatments.

I hope you all get better news than me this month.

Aly22681, congratulations on those 5 eggs!
#124 of 163 Old 04-28-2008, 10:56 AM

snowbell, I'm sorry.
#125 of 163 Old 04-28-2008, 11:45 AM

Oh dear, seeing AF at this stage seems very hard indeed.
Snowbell, I am so sorry. Thinking of you.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#126 of 163 Old 04-29-2008, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

I am so happy MDC is back up, I was really obsessed for a few days while it was down.

I've been in NC since Sunday, having my IVF consult. It went GREAT!! They said I was a PERFECT canidate for IVF and they are going to try to get me into the June cycle!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

I'm still hoping this cycle worked though, and we wont have to bother with any of it!!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#127 of 163 Old 04-29-2008, 08:45 PM

hi ladies,
glad MDC is back! I had been checking it all weekend to see if it was back!

snowbell, so sorry about AF.

sstapp, progesterone of 12 sounds good! I just had my 6dpo prog this morning, and it was 14. They said that was good and now I just have to wait! I hate waiting!
kdcraig, what happened with your prog situation? Did you end up taking them?

Aly22681, I can't believe you had 5 eggs! Congratulations to you and your hardworking ovaries! One of them has to have gotten fertilized, it just has to! Also glad to hear your IVF consultation went well, though I hope you don't need it!

someday_a_rainbow, any word on your left follicle? I'm so sorry they decided to be a bit lopsided... what did you guys decide to do? did you make it on the airplane with your cooler full of hormones? I was laughing so hard when I read that.

As for me, I'm just waiting... did I mention I hate waiting? I can't believe I'm only 6dpo. I'm testing Sunday, I decided, if AF hasn't shown up yet. Part of me feels like it will be negative, like it always is, but the other part feels so hopeful... since this is our first IUI and DH made such good samples
#128 of 163 Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 AM

I'm back! Re our logistics problem, we packed 2 bags:
1. 1st bag for DH and my clothes
2. 2nd bag, we put the hCG trigger into the 1 foot X 1 foot styrofoam box with the icepack, and then we put the styrofoam box in another bag (about cabin size)

At the resort, when the bell boy helped me with my bag from the boat, he commented "Wow, your bag is so light, I thought of helping you thinking it was heavy". I just smiled at him. Then he asked "Do you have anything inside?"

That's not the end of it, when we finally checked in, after waiting 2 hours for a room, we found out that the rooms did not have refridgerators!! So I had to go to the front desk and ask them to keep the hCG trigger for me in their kitchen!

On Monday, DH was my hero, he gave me the hCG shot, and I hardly felt a thing. I told him it was slightly painful, but maybe if I didn't see him sinking the needle into my tummy, I probably won't notice it much.
#129 of 163 Old 04-30-2008, 09:51 AM

rainbow- It's funny how much we have to go through sometimes! I'm glad your dh was able to give you the shot without too much pain. I think those suckers hurt no matter who gives the shot (then nurses or myself). And they hurt worse after the fact! Good luck, and I hope this is your cycle!

biomama- you're half-way there to Sat!! :

aly- yay!! I hope you don't need to do ivf (still keeping my fingers crossed for all those eggs!), but it's good to know you're such a good candidate for it if it's necessary.
#130 of 163 Old 05-01-2008, 05:06 PM

Tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow ends the 2WW for us... We have not tested yet and its really hard not to just go and test now... We are hoping that AF does not come tomorrow and if she doesn't then we plan to test on Monday.

We are hoping for a

I hope everyone else gets the results they are wanting this month...

Baby dust to all...
#131 of 163 Old 05-01-2008, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstapp View Post
Tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow ends the 2WW for us... We have not tested yet and its really hard not to just go and test now... We are hoping that AF does not come tomorrow and if she doesn't then we plan to test on Monday.

We are hoping for a

Baby dust to all...
GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!

If anyone wants to start a May thread go for it, Whether I get a BFP or do IVF (I'd be on BC) I'm out for the May cycle!!

#132 of 163 Old 05-02-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:

We are hoping for a

Baby dust to all...
GL Sstapp! I'm in the same boat, broke down and tested 12 dpiui with late afternoon urine (weak moment, what can i say?) BFN. So I think I'll wait a day or two to try again. Good news is that I finally got a progesterone read over 10 (it was 13.8). It's usually 6ish, so at least the 100 mg clomid is *working* on some level for me. That said, this will be really hard if the bfn remains.

: to everyone here!

#133 of 163 Old 05-02-2008, 09:23 AM

any news sstapp? I hope AF is keeping away!

poetgirl, sorry about your test, but there is still hope!! 12dpiui is early (our doctor told us not to test before 14dpiui - we're ignoring that )
and it wasn't with FMU, so I'd say you can't conclude anything from it... I know that doesn't make it easier to see the BFN... but hang in there!
and congratulations on the good progesterone levels. That is certainly good news.

someday_a_rainbow, glad the trigger shot worked out! It's great to have some humor on these threads, and you certainly gave us all something to smile at! How did everything else go?

Aly, I just want to give you a big hug right now... I've been reading your other threads and I really admire your poise and positive attitude. I'm hoping you get a BFP this cycle (with twins ).

For me, I'm going nuts. I have to wait at least until Sunday night to test (DH is out of town) but I swear I think I have a triphasic chart already! I'm trying to prepare for another BFN, and wouldn't believe our luck if our first IUI worked... but could it have? It's possible, right? I swing between getting my hopes up, and then trying to be realistic and reasonable... and it doesn't help that DH is gone :

How's everyone else?
#134 of 163 Old 05-02-2008, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Biomama: Thanks we have been struggling for a while now and I feel like finally things are starting to come together.

I tested today at 11dpo (way to early I know) and of course BFN!!! Oh well maybe monday will bring me better news.

#135 of 163 Old 05-02-2008, 02:40 PM

So were planning to wait until Monday to test... But we just couldn't wait any longer. We tested this morning and we have a faint line... Does faint mean that we have a BFP??? So we called the doc... She said "Hooray Hooray" on the faint line which means we can get somewhat excited now.. Right??

Tomorrow morning we are going to take a serum preg test and test our progesterone level again...

Then we have to wait for results like Monday and Tuesday....

We have tested before and we have never gotten a faint line before...

Has anyone else heard of a faint line being a positive preg test....????
#136 of 163 Old 05-02-2008, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

sstapp: faint or not, a line is a LINE!! Every BFP I have ever gotten has been A FAINT line, :CONGRATS!!!:

#137 of 163 Old 05-02-2008, 08:10 PM

sstapp, congrats! i think any (double) line on a hpt is considered a positive, so that qualifies!!! if you want to obsess, there is a page on Fertilityfriend with OPK/HPT photos.

I think you can celebrate! congrats!
#138 of 163 Old 05-02-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
So were planning to wait until Monday to test... But we just couldn't wait any longer. We tested this morning and we have a faint line... Does faint mean that we have a BFP??? So we called the doc... She said "Hooray Hooray" on the faint line which means we can get somewhat excited now.. Right??

Tomorrow morning we are going to take a serum preg test and test our progesterone level again...

Then we have to wait for results like Monday and Tuesday....

We have tested before and we have never gotten a faint line before...

Has anyone else heard of a faint line being a positive preg test....????
Congrads!! have a h&h nine months!!
#139 of 163 Old 05-03-2008, 11:51 AM

Well, this morning my temp was WAY low (0.5F below what I'd been the days before)... and a day earlier than my temp usually plummets. I'm only 10dpo, how can my LP be so stinkin short? My 6dpo progesterone was normal (14), so what is my problem? I'm going to ask the RE if I should supplement my prog anyway... if the embryo is only now just getting into the womb, it's finding a disintegrating lining and no place to implant

I feel PMSy - I have cramps and that kind of acidy feeling in my vagina that I usually have before I bleed.

And DH is gone so I'm all alone today. He called this morning and we already were talking about next cycle's IUI and what we could do differently.

I feel so bummed... the stormy weather outside matches my mood.
#140 of 163 Old 05-03-2008, 11:58 AM

Biomama, hopefully your drop in temp and your crampy feeling is from implantation and not AF on her way!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#141 of 163 Old 05-03-2008, 12:21 PM

thanks blueyezz4, I wish that is the case! I'm going to try to be more positive, but it's hard. I feel really really hopeless and blue. Maybe I need to get up from the computer and do something today!
#142 of 163 Old 05-05-2008, 02:19 AM

sstap: Congratulations!!

biomama: Hope you feel better today. Can't offer much help, I've never done temping for BBT.

Update on my IUI - sorry the update is so late. We went for the IUI last week Tues, which was CD15 and about 32 hours after hCG trigger.

DH's SA count was 55 million/mL. Now, if you've read my other post on DH's SA, we've gotten pretty extreme counts, from 9 million/mL to 95 million/mL. I think our doctor has just about given up on an explanation and said that DH count just seems to vary a lot.

This IUI went ok, but was more painful than the first IUI I had. Today is 6 dpiui, I'm hoping with all my might that this is the one, but afraid to get my hopes too high too.
#143 of 163 Old 05-05-2008, 08:12 AM

someday_a_rainbow, nice count for the IUI! That should have given you a good number! sorry it didn't feel so good though.

Still no AF, temps still above coverline at 12dpo (AF is due today), but a BFN! Ug.
#144 of 163 Old 05-05-2008, 11:25 AM

sstap CONGRATULATIONS! :

biomama, hang in there. The last day of the 2ww is torturous. But no AF yet is a great thing! Good luck!

I am on day 8 of my cycle. I just finished up 100mg clomid cd 3-7. I go in on Friday for 12 day u/s. I am hoping, hoping, hoping that I have two or three good follicles.

How is everyone else?
#145 of 163 Old 05-05-2008, 11:44 AM

Sstapp! Yeah! I'm so glad someone on here got a BFP! Congrats! Has the line gotten darker as the days have passed? Hoping everything sticky for you.

My update is that I am def. not pregnant. 16 DPO and lots of BFNs. Unfortunately, I can't get AF until I "concede" that the cycle is a bust and stop taking my progesterone. I hate that extra added decision every month, but I've got pre-AF headaches, the temp is coming down and if the preg. stick were any whiter, I'd need sunglasses. This is really hard.

GL Biomama, Rainbow and Snowbell for the 2WW and a new multi-egg cycle respectively.

#146 of 163 Old 05-06-2008, 05:48 AM

Can I join in?

I saw my obgyn this morning to start an IUI cycle. We did a FET IVF cycle in Nov 07, which was a BFN, and have just been trying naturally since then. I've got PCOS and don't ovulate at all (and have cycles up to 110 days long), DH has dismal sperm count (<1million). IVF ICSI is our best option, but since our DS was miraculously conceived via IUI, we're going to have a couple of IUI cycles before trying IVF again.

I started on 50iu of puregon (FSH) this morning, which is CD6, and I've booked in for a scan at my obgyn on CD12.

Mothering my 4yo DS and 1yo DD
I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
#147 of 163 Old 05-06-2008, 08:22 AM

Peppermint Poppies, welcome! I hope you have another successful IUI!

poetgirl, that must be so hard... if you are sure you're not pg, at least if you stop the prog, you get to start next cycle sooner...

thanks snowbell, the day did go by so slowly. I hope you get some nice perky follies at your US!

Still no AF for me... but another BFN this a.m. I'm only 13dpo but I've never made it this long before. I'm still not feeling PMSy or crampy... Today I will be running to the bathroom to check for AF all day, just like yesterday. ARgh!!!
#148 of 163 Old 05-06-2008, 05:50 PM

So let’s start the emotional rollercoaster over again... *sigh* so we had that faint positive line only not to really be a positive. AF showed up Saturday. We weren’t sure if it really was that or not since we had the positive test. We called our doc and she said to have the blood work anyways. So we did yesterday. So today we were in her office and from the blood work it’s not a positive test. It was a BFN... So were trying again this month but were doing the IUI twice instead of once.

She did a follicle scan on us today and we will start 50mg of Clomid in the morning (cd5-9). Today on cd4 we had a total of 8 follicles. 3 on the left side and on the right side 5 one that was on the right side was 10x5x10 mm in size. This is bigger than last month on cd4 the largest last month was 7mm in size. So maybe this is our month who knows... Were staying hopeful though... So she told us today that we are going to do 50mg of Clomid for 3 months and if we don’t get a BFP she’s going to send us to 100mg. It makes it reassuring that we have a doc that had to go through fertility treatment herself to get preg which is what we were told today... So that is reassuring we have a doc that understands our emotional rollercoaster too...

Baby dust to all this month...
#149 of 163 Old 05-06-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
So let’s start the emotional rollercoaster over again... *sigh* so we had that faint positive line only not to really be a positive. AF showed up Saturday. We weren’t sure if it really was that or not since we had the positive test. We called our doc and she said to have the blood work anyways. So we did yesterday. So today we were in her office and from the blood work it’s not a positive test. It was a BFN... So were trying again this month but were doing the IUI twice instead of once.

She did a follicle scan on us today and we will start 50mg of Clomid in the morning (cd5-9). Today on cd4 we had a total of 8 follicles. 3 on the left side and on the right side 5 one that was on the right side was 10x5x10 mm in size. This is bigger than last month on cd4 the largest last month was 7mm in size. So maybe this is our month who knows... Were staying hopeful though... So she told us today that we are going to do 50mg of Clomid for 3 months and if we don’t get a BFP she’s going to send us to 100mg. It makes it reassuring that we have a doc that had to go through fertility treatment herself to get preg which is what we were told today... So that is reassuring we have a doc that understands our emotional rollercoaster too...

Baby dust to all this month...
Oh Sstapp, I am so sorry. It's an emotional roller coaster *as is* this must have made it all the more so. Good for you for keeping positive and looking forward, truly all we can really do here. HUGS . I hope next cycle is it for you. For us all.

I'm 17 dpo and though I know I'm not preg. (takes forever for me to get AF after taking progesterone), I had a blood preg. test today to take the weight off me having to make the call.

Biomama, Rainbow, Snowbell, how are you?

#150 of 163 Old 05-07-2008, 10:58 AM

not good not good... my temp dropped like a rock this morning, so I expect AF any second now... on to cycle 7, IUI maybe now with clomid?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page