April IUI's!!! - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 163 Old 05-07-2008, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sstapp, I'm so sorry. Good luck with this upcoming cycle. I hope it's the one for yous...

poetgirl, if you start AF soon, we'll be pretty much synced up for this cycle - I got AF today, just as I thought. I am amazed at the predictive power of the temp - on the first day below coverline, AF shows up. At least I'm not caught without a tampon :

I talked to my RE's nurse and we're going to do 25mg clomid this cycle, so I'm going in for my baseline ultrasound on friday. I feel so blue today, so crappy. And now I have terrible cramps and a backache.

everyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 163 Old 05-07-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomama View Post
Sstapp, I'm so sorry. Good luck with this upcoming cycle. I hope it's the one for yous...

poetgirl, if you start AF soon, we'll be pretty much synced up for this cycle - I got AF today, just as I thought. I am amazed at the predictive power of the temp - on the first day below coverline, AF shows up. At least I'm not caught without a tampon :

I talked to my RE's nurse and we're going to do 25mg clomid this cycle, so I'm going in for my baseline ultrasound on friday. I feel so blue today, so crappy. And now I have terrible cramps and a backache.

everyone else?
Sorry Biomama. I think we can all relate to these particular blues, they are so utterly blue. May something tender find you today.
I think I will be close with you for this next cycle. to us both.
I'm expecting AF any moment as blood test was a 2, so come on and hurry up so we can move on here. A 3ww that doesn't end in pregnancy is just not entertaining to me kwim?

Did you have your u/s yet Snowbell?

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#153 of 163 Old 05-07-2008, 07:43 PM

Biomama. I'm so sorry that AF showed up. Take care of yourself today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
A 3ww that doesn't end in pregnancy is just not entertaining to me kwim?
ITA. The frustration (and tiny glimmer of hope) just about does my head in. I hope AF comes quickly so that you can get started on another cycle.

Sstap I'm so sorry about your negative BT. What a kick in the teeth. Your follies sound like a good size though, so sending you babydust thoughts for this cycle.

I'm on CD7 now, and my third day of FSH injections. So far so good - no side effects, no bloating and no headaches.

Mothering my 4yo DS and 1yo DD
I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
#154 of 163 Old 05-07-2008, 08:52 PM

poetgirl, sstapp, biomama, i am sending you all lots and lots of hugs. This is all so difficult...

Peppermint Poppies! I'm glad to hear you are having no side effects from the injections.

I'm on cd10, so Friday is my 12 day u/s. I am nervous for it. My body ovulates on its own and last month on 50mg of Clomid I only had one good size follicle,which means the Clomid didn't do much for me. I am on 100 mg of Clomid this month, so I am hoping to see a few good follicles! I'll keep y'all posted.
#155 of 163 Old 05-07-2008, 09:16 PM

by the way, I started a new thread for May IUIs, so if you guys want to join me over there, you're welcome to! Of course I'll still be checking out this thread to see how y'all are doing.

thanks for all the support and hugs, you all are the best
#156 of 163 Old 05-12-2008, 12:53 AM

poetgirl, sstapp, biomama: hugs for everyone

I have something horrid to confess: I had major breakdown a couple of days ago as DH's brother's wife had their baby. Obviously, I knew she was pregnant and the baby had to come out (suppose to be June but was 1 month early, still thank goodness baby is healthy) and I am happy for them, I'm just really, really sad for us. DH just couldn't understand why I kept and and that made me feel like I'm a real meanie (which I am).

Today is 13dpiui for me. I am tempted to POAS...but afraid it would be too early. I keep telling myself not to POAS, somehow I think it's a jinx, if I have enough willpower not to POAS, then it would be positive. Do you gals have the same thinking or am I just crazy?
#157 of 163 Old 05-12-2008, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someday_a_rainbow View Post
I keep telling myself not to POAS, somehow I think it's a jinx, if I have enough willpower not to POAS, then it would be positive. Do you gals have the same thinking or am I just crazy?
Completely! I do that too. Of course, I know logically it makes absolutely no difference; if you're pregnant, you'll be pregnant regardless of what you pee on! I'd say wait until tomorrow morning for FMU and 14dpiui. Or did you already POAS???

I know exactly how you feel about others having babes too. I spent most of today just being so sad and weepy feeling. I almost cried in the grocery store b/c we saw a very pregnant woman and I thought, that will never be me. I know I'm overreacting to the day, and I'm trying to keep some perspective... it's so hard some days... other days it's not so bad.

I almost broke down and told my mom about what we're going through today too... no one knows we're TTC at all, so obviously they don't know about the IF. DH really wants to keep it secret, he feels it's too private. I agree logically, and know how he feels, but I need someone to talk to sometimes other than him. That's another reason I'm so glad I have all of you, my friends in the interwebs

sigh... well, tomorrow is another day.
#158 of 163 Old 05-12-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Today is 13dpiui for me. I am tempted to POAS...but afraid it would be too early. I keep telling myself not to POAS, somehow I think it's a jinx, if I have enough willpower not to POAS, then it would be positive. Do you gals have the same thinking or am I just crazy?

I think the same thing too! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I know it's crazy to think that but every time I have POAS it has been negative. So maybe one day when I get a BFP I won't think it's a jinx!

biomama, it can be a hard decision to decide whether to tell people about IF. We are lucky to have this board to talk with other women. I told my mom and sometimes I wish I hadn't. Overall, I think I'm glad but the way she handles it is by not bringing it up. I know she doesn't want to upset me but sometimes I feel as if I would like her to talk about it with me, since it is a huge part of my life right now.
#159 of 163 Old 05-13-2008, 12:26 AM

I'm so grateful I joined this forum and have all of you to talk to. People who are not going through IF do not understand how hard it is. My mother knows, and she's supportive, she listens to me when I give her updates but never pressures me about this. I really want to give her a grandchild, she is the best mother (for me anyways) and she would be a fantastic grandmother.

My in-laws do not know. DH doesn't seem to want to tell them, and I don't really want to tell them either, I'm afraid they would just blame me (blocked right tube) although it's both of us (DH has borderline count). Sometimes I wonder is it better for them to think we are not planning yet (because I am a selfish career-minded woman intent on climbing the corporate ladder) or for them to know that we are trying hard, but are infertile.

My bestfriends are far away, and as one of them is happy dating and questions if I really want a baby, and the other one had an "opps" pregnancy, I do find it hard to talk to them about this.

So my dears, you are all my friends and probably know more about me than most of my family and friends (although TMI sometimes right? haha)
#160 of 163 Old 05-14-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someday_a_rainbow View Post

So my dears, you are all my friends and probably know more about me than most of my family and friends (although TMI sometimes right? haha)
I completely agree with you.
#161 of 163 Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 PM

The adventure of the 2ww again =)

Today we had a follicle scan done and we have 2 good follicles. One is 18x18mm and the other is 19x17x18mm. We had the trigger done today too... We are having the IUI done tomm afternoon and on Friday morning... So tomm/Friday we will be in our 2ww again... We are hoping this is the month..

Our doc was happy with the 2 big follicles...

Does anyone know after you have an IUI done does having an orgasim help?? I have read where some say yes and some say no...

I agree with the friends and family not really understanding. My best friend claims she does but she has 3 girls and always got preg so easy.. Sometimes that drives us crazy lol

Baby dust to all...
#162 of 163 Old 05-16-2008, 01:01 AM

sstapp: Your two follies sound great! Let us know how your IUI went. :

About your other question, I think it's no harm. You can ask your doctor if you can still BD after the IUI!
#163 of 163 Old 05-16-2008, 01:33 AM

Our IUI went well today. We have another one early in the morning...

About the other thing well today we didnt ask because we didnt want to throw that out there in the doc office...

She just said... "Studies have shown the people who have an orgasim after insemination does have a higher sucess rate.. So after the IUI is done I will be leaving wont come back from 30 min" she goes "I am just throwing that out"... =) How awkard would it to be to have that in the doctor office..lol

But at least we know there are studies on it...

So we are officially in the 2ww now...

Hope this is our month...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page