The APRIL 2008 Infertility One Thread!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 118 Old 04-14-2008, 04:08 PM
 
hope4light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: OH
Posts: 586
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
Well after a super early m/c this past cycle I am now on CD 4

Can you please change my info This cycle I am doing Injectibles (Follistim) and bding naturally while we get the ball rolling on IVF.

Thanks so much!!!
Aly - I'm so sorry.... :

Lovemy Jonah - Congrats!!!!


Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!



www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

hope4light is offline  
#62 of 118 Old 04-15-2008, 07:54 AM
 
Needle in the Hay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post

: Welcome, Needle in the Hay. My dd also gets dragged to all my appointments. She always holds my hand when I give blood.
What a sweetheart!
I'm sorry to hear about your negative test.
Needle in the Hay is offline  
#63 of 118 Old 04-15-2008, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter
 
mischievium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: in a van down by the river
Posts: 1,661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When my DH and I were officially told that we would need to see an RE, we were recommend to an RE in SF. I called and made an appointment for a phone consultation (a FREE phone consult), then DH and I decided it didn't make sense to pursue treatment in SF because we are moving to Seattle-- I wanted to cancel the phone consult, but DH figured it was a free chance to get an expert's opinion. Anyway, we talked to her this morning. She looked at our records and had was concerned about a few things that our other doctors weren't-- namely that DH's strict morphology on the last SA was 2%. The reproductive urologist we had seen mentioned that this was low, but wasn't too worried about it. The RE we spoke to today was, she said she would want a repeat strict morphology, but that if the numbers stayed the same and given his other issue with antisperm antibodies, she doesn't think IUI has much of a chance of working. She said that, given our ages, there would be no harm in trying it, but she would cap it at 6 attempts before moving on to IVF.

As for me, she said she wants to wait and see what my regular endocrinologist thinks is going on, but doesn't think it will affect how I should proceed. Given the variability of my ovulation day, she said she would recommend clomid and HCG trigger if we decided we wanted to try IUI. In the meantime, she said I need to have an HSG done.

DH had to go to work right after the phone call, so we haven't had time to discuss it, but I think we need to have him do a repeat strict morphology to see if the 2% was an anomaly or DH's baseline and then make a decision. If it's his baseline, I just can't see putting myself through months of IUI for such a tiny chance of success.
mischievium is offline  
#64 of 118 Old 04-16-2008, 09:07 AM
 
songbird45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mischievium. These decisions are so hard.

I've been thinking that since I can't have Clomid anymore, it seems likely that we'll be trying more invasive treatment. And I want to be a mom, I really do, but Clomid was really emotionally hard, and I don't know if I can handle anything more invasive. Has anyone here tried therapy at all, to help you make these decisions? Was it helpful? Would it be more helpful just to talk to my dh and maybe a few select friends?

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
songbird45 is offline  
#65 of 118 Old 04-16-2008, 09:48 AM
 
kristenok18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 2,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mischevium. Will you get another SA done now, or wait until you get to Seattle? Has your dh tried supplements at all? Dh's morphology is not quite that low, but still way below what it should be (as are all the other factors they test for). Supplements are starting to creep into the discussions more and more, and will be required by me if this cycle fails (I'm ready for an extended ttc break, he's not). I know how heartbroken you must be to have heard this news yesterday.

songbird- has your dr discussed femara at all? Women with pcos who don't respond to clomid, often will respond to femara. It doesn't have the side-effects that clomid does. I get a little more emotional than usual on femara, but by now I figure that's par for the course in this crazy journey. I have thought about therapy, but I think the hardest part would be finding someone who is knowledgeable about infertility. I found it helpful to talk to dh about our decisions, and a few friends who mainly listened.
kristenok18 is offline  
#66 of 118 Old 04-16-2008, 09:53 AM
 
hope4light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: OH
Posts: 586
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
When my DH and I were officially told that we would need to see an RE, we were recommend to an RE in SF. I called and made an appointment for a phone consultation (a FREE phone consult), then DH and I decided it didn't make sense to pursue treatment in SF because we are moving to Seattle-- I wanted to cancel the phone consult, but DH figured it was a free chance to get an expert's opinion. Anyway, we talked to her this morning. She looked at our records and had was concerned about a few things that our other doctors weren't-- namely that DH's strict morphology on the last SA was 2%. The reproductive urologist we had seen mentioned that this was low, but wasn't too worried about it. The RE we spoke to today was, she said she would want a repeat strict morphology, but that if the numbers stayed the same and given his other issue with antisperm antibodies, she doesn't think IUI has much of a chance of working. She said that, given our ages, there would be no harm in trying it, but she would cap it at 6 attempts before moving on to IVF.

As for me, she said she wants to wait and see what my regular endocrinologist thinks is going on, but doesn't think it will affect how I should proceed. Given the variability of my ovulation day, she said she would recommend clomid and HCG trigger if we decided we wanted to try IUI. In the meantime, she said I need to have an HSG done.

DH had to go to work right after the phone call, so we haven't had time to discuss it, but I think we need to have him do a repeat strict morphology to see if the 2% was an anomaly or DH's baseline and then make a decision. If it's his baseline, I just can't see putting myself through months of IUI for such a tiny chance of success.

dh and I went to an andrologist to see if there was anything we could do for him. While she admitted that the chances were low to being able to help him (he was born w/cryptochordism), she wanted to keep trying things that would take months and months before we would have even seen if the results worked. When we questioned her about our next steps other than that, she kind of hem hawed around but admitted that we would probably have to jump to IVF. DH and I discussed it and agreed that we didn't want to waste time, money, and sanity for months of something that was most likely not going to work. So we self referred to our RE, and have not looked back. It was the best decision that we made, as our RE was much more realistic than our andrologist was.

Here's to making some of the hardest decisions that we should never have to make!! :


Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!



www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

hope4light is offline  
#67 of 118 Old 04-16-2008, 10:57 AM
 
songbird45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenok18 View Post
songbird- has your dr discussed femara at all? Women with pcos who don't respond to clomid, often will respond to femara. It doesn't have the side-effects that clomid does. I get a little more emotional than usual on femara, but by now I figure that's par for the course in this crazy journey. I have thought about therapy, but I think the hardest part would be finding someone who is knowledgeable about infertility. I found it helpful to talk to dh about our decisions, and a few friends who mainly listened.
I haven't talked to the RE yet (next Thursday...) but I know femara is an option. I actually did respond to Clomid - I ovulated on just 50mg. But with the ripply shadow side effect my doc said I couldn't take it anymore. I know that I'm willing to take the next step if it's just pills, but I don't know what I'll do if it's more than just pills and opk's and lots of sex.

My dh is being only marginally helpful. He says he's afraid to voice any opinions, because he doesn't want to unduly influence my decision. And he says that it has to be my decision because it's my body and the doctors will be doing everything to me. He said he'll support me in whatever I decide, that he wants kids, but he wants me to be happy more. I understand his point of view, but I don't know how to explain that it can't just be my decision, even if it's my body. It's too much of a burden on me.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
songbird45 is offline  
#68 of 118 Old 04-16-2008, 01:24 PM
 
kristenok18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 2,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
My dh is being only marginally helpful. He says he's afraid to voice any opinions, because he doesn't want to unduly influence my decision. And he says that it has to be my decision because it's my body and the doctors will be doing everything to me. He said he'll support me in whatever I decide, that he wants kids, but he wants me to be happy more. I understand his point of view, but I don't know how to explain that it can't just be my decision, even if it's my body. It's too much of a burden on me.
It took my dh a LONG time to get to the point where he was taking an active role in all of this. For the first 2+ years he was in denial that we needed help, and refused to believe that our fertility issues were such that this should be so hard (we both have IF issues). I'm not sure when things changed, but I have been much more vocal about my emotional needs, and what I need from him. I finally got pg only to m/c last summer/fall, and he talked with the chaplain and a couple of officers above him. At least two of them confided in him that they had gone through similar things (infertility and/or loss), and were very supportive of him talking about it/taking time off to help me or go to appts. For dh, hearing how other husbands helped/supported their wives really seemed to make a difference in how he was handling this. I don't know if this is an option for your dh? It's hard enough to get men to open up to each other...
kristenok18 is offline  
#69 of 118 Old 04-16-2008, 03:37 PM
 
CalebsMome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


I decided to come over here and join you all if that's okay. I've been on TTC 12+ months for a while but most of you now seem to be over here. I'm 26 and have a 2 year old. He was conceived naturally first shot. Baby #2 seems to be taking his/ her/ their time coming. We've been TTC for over 18 months. I have PCOS. I've lost 54 lbs since starting Metformin a year ago this month. We also did 3 cycles of Comid at 50 mg with the OBGYN (as helpful as she was). I took it upon myself to contact an RE and had our first appointment the day before this cycle started. I'm on CD 14 of 100 mg of Clomid. I had periods with the previous three cycles of Clomid on my own without having to be induced. I had my follicular scan today and there are no follicles any where near big enough to be ovulating. The biggest one was 9 mm. SO, he wants to up the Clomid and them maybe try Femara. He has yet to make up his mind. He does want to do the HCG next cycle if I have ripe follicles. (Needles make me very nervous but DH is used to them from when he was younger.) I also have a uterus that is tipped backwards (he doesn't seem concerned about that at all) and he wants to do an HSG and semen analysis next cycle, well the semen analysis asap. After that, we're onto a minimal stimulation protocol where I do the Clomid at the highest dose and one ampule of Repronex for a few days somewhere from days 3 to 7. That would be the end of the road for us as we can't afford and aren't in town enough for injectables. SO, here I am. :-D
CalebsMome is offline  
#70 of 118 Old 04-17-2008, 01:33 AM
 
crazyrunningmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Has anyone here tried therapy at all, to help you make these decisions? Was it helpful? Would it be more helpful just to talk to my dh and maybe a few select friends?
I did talk with a therapist and plan to again as it was very helpful for me. Our clinic includes one session with a therapist with each IVF cycle and they give a list of therapists who specialize in IF/reproductive health, which I think is really important.

I have a couple of trusted friends who I can talk to, but I haven't told many people about our IF issues, partially for my dh's privacy and partially because I think it would be more of me explaining what's up than me getting support.
to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMome View Post


I decided to come over here and join you all if that's okay. ....SO, here I am. :-D
and sorry you have to be here. Let's all graduate soon!

My acupuncture is going well, but certainly adding up in the $$$$$$ spent!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
crazyrunningmama is offline  
#71 of 118 Old 04-17-2008, 03:19 AM
 
ItyBty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,693
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aaaaaand I'm back. My 3rd and likely final injections and IUI cycle failed, with a mere 9 day luteal phase and the RE is now really heavily pushing IVF. I'm REALLY not sure. I just posted an entire thread about it, I'd love opinions from anyone in the same boat.
ItyBty is offline  
#72 of 118 Old 04-17-2008, 11:00 AM
 
hope4light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: OH
Posts: 586
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Mischivium - can you please update me on the first page?

TTC since March 2006 with MFI and slightly low progesterone. Currently TTC with IVF w/ICSI, cycle 1 round 1 cancelled due to hyper stim., round 2 starting now with an Antegon cycle!


Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!



www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

hope4light is offline  
#73 of 118 Old 04-17-2008, 12:40 PM
 
kristenok18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 2,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do you all deal with your "dark days"? You know, the days where you feel hopelessly sorry for yourself and feel like you could burst into tears at any and every moment?

I don't know if it's the femara (which tends to make me a little more emotional than usual), the upcoming edd for the babe we lost in Oct., tonight's scheduled c-sect. for sil's baby and his circumcision (which makes me want to vomit everytime I think about it), the horrible dr's appt I had on Tuesday, the fact that I truly feel like this is my last cycle before quitting ttc for good (even though dh isn't ready to quit), or the fact that no matter how much I exercise/diet, I can't seem to lose weight (damn pcos!!!).

I just feel so awful. : My brain knows that I will feel differently in a few days, that I won't keep feeling such despair, but my heart is not listening.

So, what are your coping strategies when you have dark days? And do they help?
kristenok18 is offline  
#74 of 118 Old 04-17-2008, 02:29 PM
 
songbird45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kristenok, I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I haven't been at this all that long, but the thing that really helped me was lining up a few friends to talk to. But it was critical that I picked the correct people to talk to. I needed people who would let me talk out all the things I was feeling, listen, reflect, not judge. Talking to some people actually made me feel worse. But once I found the right one or two people, I am seriously amazed at the difference it has made to my mental state.

I think the right people will be different for everyone, but in my case the following things seem to be important:
- good listener
- male (not sure why this is, it might just be coincidence)
- childless (so I don't have to deal with residual pain that they have what I want)
- atheist (because I am, or close to it. in discussions of this type if the person brings up some kind of faith-related thing that you don't agree with it derails the whole conversation.)
- not a member of my family. family members get upset that I am hurting, and don't give me the space I need to work through it.

Otherwise... I have no good advice. I hope you feel better soon.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
songbird45 is offline  
#75 of 118 Old 04-18-2008, 03:11 PM
 
WeasleyMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 2,876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenok18 View Post
How do you all deal with your "dark days"? You know, the days where you feel hopelessly sorry for yourself and feel like you could burst into tears at any and every moment?

I don't know if it's the femara (which tends to make me a little more emotional than usual), the upcoming edd for the babe we lost in Oct., tonight's scheduled c-sect. for sil's baby and his circumcision (which makes me want to vomit everytime I think about it), the horrible dr's appt I had on Tuesday, the fact that I truly feel like this is my last cycle before quitting ttc for good (even though dh isn't ready to quit), or the fact that no matter how much I exercise/diet, I can't seem to lose weight (damn pcos!!!).

I just feel so awful. : My brain knows that I will feel differently in a few days, that I won't keep feeling such despair, but my heart is not listening.

So, what are your coping strategies when you have dark days? And do they help?
I'm in a gloomy mood, too, as it's the anniversary of my first miscarriage, and the testing and & is going sooo sloowwwly. Anniversaries and EDDs are the worst... I don't have much of a coping strategy except tabulating what is going OK right now, and why next time might be different than the last (3) times; basically a bunch of "at least..."s. Also, I lean on whomever I can, whoever will listen; my husband, my friends, my mom, even the commenters on my blog that I only know through the internet. Sometimes just knowing that there are people who care makes a difference.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

WeasleyMum is offline  
#76 of 118 Old 04-20-2008, 08:35 AM
 
frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where footprints dance in the snow
Posts: 9,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looks like this is the place for me, now.

I saw an RE for the first time on Friday. He wants to test and monitor this cycle (which should start today or tomorrow), then do an IUI with monitoring and injectibles, specifically ovidrel and gonal f.

Insurance pays for one shot at this and that's my limit.

My intro or whatever: TTC intermittently since June 2006 using frozen donor sperm and at-home IUI with a midwife. Moving on to testing this cycle, and IUI with injectibles and monitoring in June.
frog is offline  
#77 of 118 Old 04-20-2008, 09:23 AM
 
soulshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
How do you all deal with your "dark days"?
i go for a walk. a nice long walk, preferably by myself, or with someone but i don't want tot alk about what's bothering me- distracting conversations about anything BUT what i'm down about. walking is very theraputic for the mind. before you know it, you aren't thinking about anything... the rythmic motion of your feet going right, left, right, left... breathing fresh air, being in a natural environment, these are all healing things, at least for me.

and if i can't motivate for a walk, i get in bed and allow the gloom/sadness/tears/misery to come down on me and then its done.

taking deep breaths.

i have a therapist, too. but i also have a grief therapist i see separately, and she seems to be a good sounding board for my IF issues, too. she sees IF as a loss. so she is able to listen to me without judgement, and i don;t feel like i have to explain explain explain or justify why IF is so hard for me.

ah, and to be honest, when i can't walk, don't want to cry, can't see a therapist, i think i eat alot!!! not the best, but it makes me feel better, at least at that moment when i am stuffing my face with whatever...

i am sorry you are feeling down. *hug*
soulshine is offline  
#78 of 118 Old 04-20-2008, 12:44 PM
 
Aly22681's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Columbus Ga
Posts: 1,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I just got back from the dr and I have 8 mature follicles this cycle : My dr told us that if we were doing IUI he would have cancelled it, but since we are just bding he will let us go ahead and try.

The follicles are 1@20, 2@19, and 6@17

They actually called on Friday and after looking at my that mornings blood work and told me to come in on Today (sunday) bc he didnt think I could wait until monday. So they went ahead and triggered me. Its going to be a busy 4 days of bding

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Aly22681 is offline  
#79 of 118 Old 04-21-2008, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter
 
mischievium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: in a van down by the river
Posts: 1,661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome CalebsMome and frog!!! As I've said before, welcome and I'm sorry you have to be here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty View Post
Aaaaaand I'm back. My 3rd and likely final injections and IUI cycle failed, with a mere 9 day luteal phase and the RE is now really heavily pushing IVF. I'm REALLY not sure. I just posted an entire thread about it, I'd love opinions from anyone in the same boat.
I'm not (yet) in the same boat, Ity, but I am so sorry to hear about this last cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenok18 View Post
How do you all deal with your "dark days"? You know, the days where you feel hopelessly sorry for yourself and feel like you could burst into tears at any and every moment?

I don't know if it's the femara (which tends to make me a little more emotional than usual), the upcoming edd for the babe we lost in Oct., tonight's scheduled c-sect. for sil's baby and his circumcision (which makes me want to vomit everytime I think about it), the horrible dr's appt I had on Tuesday, the fact that I truly feel like this is my last cycle before quitting ttc for good (even though dh isn't ready to quit), or the fact that no matter how much I exercise/diet, I can't seem to lose weight (damn pcos!!!).

I just feel so awful. : My brain knows that I will feel differently in a few days, that I won't keep feeling such despair, but my heart is not listening.

So, what are your coping strategies when you have dark days? And do they help?
Kristen. The coping, for me, varies-- sometimes talking helps (sometimes it doesn't), sometimes finding something to distract me helps (doesn't even have to be big things-- like seeing/ renting a movies, or trying out a new recipe), going to yoga (which really requires all of my focus, otherwise I'll hurt myself), sometimes coming here and venting or reading/comiserating, and sometimes nothing helps and I just have to sit with my feelings and, as you said above, forcibly remind myself that I will feel better in a few days even if I'm not feeling that right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
I'm in a gloomy mood, too, as it's the anniversary of my first miscarriage, and the testing and & is going sooo sloowwwly. Anniversaries and EDDs are the worst... I don't have much of a coping strategy except tabulating what is going OK right now, and why next time might be different than the last (3) times; basically a bunch of "at least..."s. Also, I lean on whomever I can, whoever will listen; my husband, my friends, my mom, even the commenters on my blog that I only know through the internet. Sometimes just knowing that there are people who care makes a difference.
Mara, I'm sorry your feeling gloomy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Looks like this is the place for me, now.

I saw an RE for the first time on Friday. He wants to test and monitor this cycle (which should start today or tomorrow), then do an IUI with monitoring and injectibles, specifically ovidrel and gonal f.

Insurance pays for one shot at this and that's my limit.
Hi Frog, wow-- that's a lot of pressure on that one cycle. I wish you the best of luck, timing, and big heaps of baby dust.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
Well, I just got back from the dr and I have 8 mature follicles this cycle : My dr told us that if we were doing IUI he would have cancelled it, but since we are just bding he will let us go ahead and try.

The follicles are 1@20, 2@19, and 6@17

They actually called on Friday and after looking at my that mornings blood work and told me to come in on Today (sunday) bc he didnt think I could wait until monday. So they went ahead and triggered me. Its going to be a busy 4 days of bding
Yay, Aly! And good luck :!
mischievium is offline  
#80 of 118 Old 04-21-2008, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter
 
mischievium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: in a van down by the river
Posts: 1,661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As for me, I got the test result back for Cushing's and it was negative (yay!), but my endocrinologist now wants to test for non-classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia (also known as "adult onset" or "late onset" CAH), so I'm waiting to hear from her assistant to schedule the test for that. Also, I talked to my OB who agreed that the time for an HSG had come and I am scheduled to have one on May 1st.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!
mischievium is offline  
#81 of 118 Old 04-21-2008, 05:47 PM
 
frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where footprints dance in the snow
Posts: 9,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HSG scheduled for Tuesday, the 29th.
frog is offline  
#82 of 118 Old 04-22-2008, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter
 
mischievium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: in a van down by the river
Posts: 1,661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We can be HSG buddies, frog.
mischievium is offline  
#83 of 118 Old 04-22-2008, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter
 
mischievium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: in a van down by the river
Posts: 1,661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone want to volunteer to be the threadkeeper for May? Pretty please:? All it involves is starting a new thread May 1st-ish-- all you have to do is just copy and paste the first post of this thread and then pop in evey few days to edit it to add people, graduate them, or change their synopsis as requested. Please?

(I'm going to be out of town/ traveling for ~3.5 weeks at the end of May/ beginning of June and will only be able to check the boards sporadically).
mischievium is offline  
#84 of 118 Old 04-22-2008, 10:52 AM
 
frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where footprints dance in the snow
Posts: 9,229
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
We can be HSG buddies, frog.
Yeah? Yay!

Bloodwork was this morning--they couldn't find a vein. Not fun (though not painful, really) and COMPLETE!
frog is offline  
#85 of 118 Old 04-22-2008, 11:33 AM
 
EastbayK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll volunteer to be threadkeeper. I've never done it before though, so ya'll be gentle with me!

In the meantime, please change me to Clomid/IUI this cycle I am finally off the sidelines and ready to be in the game! I started clomid yesterday and we have our first ultrasound on 4/30. I expect our IUI will be around May 2/3.

At the end of my previous cycle, I had spotting for 6 days straight, starting at 10dpo. It never got to the point where I could say, OK- this is AF. I went ahead and called it after I had a day of marginally heavier spotting. I took my clomid yesterday morning and, wouldn't you know, yesterday I was heavier and had cramping. So maybe yesterday was actually CD1, not CD 3? I don't know what's going on with me. I decided to contine on with the clomid b/c it will still help and it was more the IUI part we needed help with and not the ovulation part.

I can't figure out why the extended spotting though. In 20 cycles of charting, I've never had more than 1 day of spotting prior to AF. And I've never had any signs of a LP problem. The only explanation I can come up with is that it was an egg that never managed to implant. Any ideas?

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
EastbayK is offline  
#86 of 118 Old 04-22-2008, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
 
mischievium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: in a van down by the river
Posts: 1,661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Yeah? Yay!

Bloodwork was this morning--they couldn't find a vein. Not fun (though not painful, really) and COMPLETE!
Well... my HSG is 2 days after you, but I figure that's close enough .

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastbayK View Post
I'll volunteer to be threadkeeper. I've never done it before though, so ya'll be gentle with me!

In the meantime, please change me to Clomid/IUI this cycle I am finally off the sidelines and ready to be in the game! I started clomid yesterday and we have our first ultrasound on 4/30. I expect our IUI will be around May 2/3.

At the end of my previous cycle, I had spotting for 6 days straight, starting at 10dpo. It never got to the point where I could say, OK- this is AF. I went ahead and called it after I had a day of marginally heavier spotting. I took my clomid yesterday morning and, wouldn't you know, yesterday I was heavier and had cramping. So maybe yesterday was actually CD1, not CD 3? I don't know what's going on with me. I decided to contine on with the clomid b/c it will still help and it was more the IUI part we needed help with and not the ovulation part.

I can't figure out why the extended spotting though. In 20 cycles of charting, I've never had more than 1 day of spotting prior to AF. And I've never had any signs of a LP problem. The only explanation I can come up with is that it was an egg that never managed to implant. Any ideas?

Kim
Thank you for volunteering to be the May threadkeeper! It really isn't a huge amount of work or anything-- just a lot of copying and pasting and a little bit of editing. The one last thing I forgot to add is, toward the end of May, you need to post and ask for volunteers for someone to be the June threadkeeper.

I'm really sorry to hear about your spotting-- it's so frustrating when your finally ready to "get the show on the road" and your body decides this is the month it's going to do something mysterious. How's your DH doing?
mischievium is offline  
#87 of 118 Old 04-22-2008, 09:08 PM
 
trying for #1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
***WARNING, LONG!!!***


HI, I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD JOIN THE GROUP? WELL, HERE IS MY SITUATION..
MY FIANCEE AND I HAD BEEN TOGETHER FOR 3 YEARS (2006) AND I WANTED A BABY. BUT THE SITUSTION WITH THAT IS THAT HE HAD A VASECTOMY 8 YEARS AGO ( THEN). WE WERE GOING TO HAVE IT REVERSED AND TAKE OUR CHANCES BUT AT THE LAST MINUTE, THE INSURANCE DENIED IT ( I AM TALKING ABOUT 2 DAYS BEFORE THE PROCEDURE!) WE WERE DEVESTATED. I STARTED LOOKING UP FERTILITY CLINICS AND FOUND ONE CLOSE. WE WENT AND HAD A CONSUTATION AND AT THAT MOMENT, I KNEW WHAT I WANTED TO DO. I HAD MY EXAM AND BLOOD, AND ULTRASOUND DONE THAT DAY. THE NEXT MONTH WHEN AF CAME, I CALLED AND MADE AN APPOINTMENT. EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T HAVE ANY FERTILITY PROBLEMS,TH DR. SAID THAT IT WOULD GIVE ME A BETTER CHANCE IF I TAKE CLOMID. SO I STARTED ON CLOMID DAYS 5-9. IT GAVE ME HOT FLASHES..LOL . I HAD 4 MATURE ENOUGH EGGS WHEN I WENT TO GET THEM MEASURED ( 17-20 IN SIZE AND THE OTHERS WE LIKE 10) ON DAY 14 I INJECTED MYSELF WITH HCG SHOT AND THE NEXT DAY I WAS INJECTED WITH DONOR SPERN AND THE DAY AFTER THAT i WAS INJECTED ALSO. I WAS SO NERVOUS. BUT I ENDED UP PREGNANT WITH MY CURRENT 13 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER. AND NOW, I WANT TO HAVE ANOTHER. I THINK I HAVE BABY FEVER! BUT WE CAN'T TRY FOR ANOTHER RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OUR MONEY ISN'T RIGHT AND I AM SO UPSET! WE HAD TO PAY CASH FOR THE SERVICES AND RIGHT NOW, WE JUST CAN'T AFFORD IT. I FEEL LIKE HAVING A TANTRUM LIKE MY DAUGHTER DOES WHEN SHE WANTS SOMETHING. SO, DO I QUALIFY TO JOIN YOUR GROUP? I REALLY NEED SOME ONE TO TALK TO EVERY NOW AND AGAIN ABOUT IT. THANKS LADIES!
trying for #1 is offline  
#88 of 118 Old 04-24-2008, 12:48 PM
 
songbird45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I just met with the new RE. I really like her. She was willing to explain things, she gave me her e-mail address if I have questions or want to update her on stuff, and she laid out a plan that I'm comfortable with for the moment.

I'm getting off the Metformin and we're going to do more blood work next week, to rule out other possible causes of irregular ovulation. If everything comes back normal, we're going to try Femara with a bit of monitoring, up to a maximum of probably 6 cycles. She seemed really positive about Femara - she said that it doesn't have a lot of the drawbacks that Clomid has, but it's a newer and less-well-tested drug, which is why everyone goes for Clomid first. If that doesn't work, the next step is either FSH injections or IVF, but she seemed to think it most likely wouldn't come to that.

I feel a lot more comfortable with her - she isn't just trying things for the heck of it; she seems really knowledgable, and I think my treatment will be tailored to me and my problems. So I'm feeling pretty positive right now. And also, I'm REALLY enjoying my break from TTC while we wait on bloodwork, etc.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
songbird45 is offline  
#89 of 118 Old 04-24-2008, 07:50 PM
 
hope4light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: OH
Posts: 586
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
mischievium - can you please update me? crappy milestone again in this crappy road of IF...

TTC since March 2006 with MFI and slightly low progesterone. Currently TTC with IVF with ICSI, cycle 1 round 1 canceled due to hyper stimulation, cycle 1 round 2 antegon cycle canceled as ovulation started due to high e2 levels. Round 3 to start once the RE's can figure out what in the world to do with me...

Thanks


Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!



www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

hope4light is offline  
#90 of 118 Old 04-25-2008, 08:45 AM
 
kristenok18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 2,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
trying for #1- welcome, and sorry you have to be here.

songbird- I'm glad you like your new RE! Good luck with femara! It does the trick for lots of pcos ladies. There's a support thread on soulcysters for femara gals, if you're interested.

hope4light- I'm sorry.

mischievium- I need an update, too.

Femara/HCG and IUI cycle cancelled due to non-response. Next cycle moving on to femara and injectables with an IUI. Recommended IVF, but that's not an option for us.
kristenok18 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off