The APRIL 2008 Infertility One Thread!!! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2008, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My first round of bloodwork is back and everything is well within the normal range, thank God.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2008, 01:58 PM

Well, here I sit at 4dpo

I am dying to test, the good news is they only gave me 5,000 units of HCG this month, so it should be out of my system in 5 days so if I get a BFP anyday from now on I know it should be a real one.

I went to the Dr this morning for more blood work and a u/s to see how many eggies released. I ovulated 5 eggs this month!! ::

In case you cant tell I'm really proud of myself (and a little scared of quintuplets

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

changes made to here

Welcome, trying for #1! Since you are not currently TTC, I put your name in the on hold/ on a break from TTC section, I hope that's okay.

songbird45-- I'm glad to hear you like your new RE, I hope she's able to find a combination that works for you AND that's great that you're able to enjoy your break from TTC! I admit that, while we are waiting to see an RE, I vacillate between enjoying not having the pressure of TTC to being impatient with getting things going already.

hope4light-- I'm so sorry , I hope they figure out a better protocol for you, and I'm so sorry for the rollercoaster that you're on in the meantime .

kristenok-- Oh, Kristen , I'm sorry about this cycle and will keep my fingers crossed that the femara and injectables work well.

frog-- Yay for normal bloodwork!

Aly-- : that at least one of your five eggies finds a friend
Old 04-28-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
HSG scheduled for Tuesday, the 29th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
We can be HSG buddies, frog.
Mine's the 30th... can I be your buddy too?

P.S. Is it weird to be exited about a whole day off from work?

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

Old 04-28-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
Of course! We'll be the Radioactive Dye Up Our Hoohas Crew.

Or something.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:48 PM

Aly - Congratulations on the 5 eggies! That's great odds!

Hope4light & kristenok18 -

I'm having a rough day. This morning I went in for CD16 bloodwork and ultrasound. My largest follicle is a 10 and then I have several 9 and under. That's nowhere even close to what is needed to successfully ovulate. I'm so frustrated. This time I'm on 150mg of Clomid, and it's my understanding that is the largest dose you can use. Does anyone know? Also, is there anyone that has ovulated really late while using clomid? I just wish my body would respond better.

To top it off, my co-workers wife had her baby over the weekend. We were pregnant at the same time with our first and now she's had her second. I knew I wouldn't have one by then, but I was really hoping to at least be pregnant before she delivered. Stupid, but I can't help it.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 04-28-2008, 12:56 PM

Julia'smom- I've heard of people using higher doses of clomid, but I don't know of anyone personally. I had the same kind of appt last week, and it is so disheartening. Soul-crushing is more like it. You can still ovulate this cycle, but it just means that your body is doing it on it's own, not because of the clomid (at least that's how I understand it). And re: your co-worker's baby. Watching everyone else have more babies while we're not is so hard. My sil had her baby last week, too, and I've been a wreck ever since.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
To top it off, my co-workers wife had her baby over the weekend. We were pregnant at the same time with our first and now she's had her second. I knew I wouldn't have one by then, but I was really hoping to at least be pregnant before she delivered. Stupid, but I can't help it.
Not stupid! Or, if it is, it's also common. I totally hear you.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Or something.
Go, team RDUOHC!

BTW, my chromosomes are normal, so at least that's good. But I am freaking the heck out about whatever they'll find, uterus-wise, on Wednesday.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

Old 04-28-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
BTW, my chromosomes are normal, so at least that's good. But I am freaking the heck out about whatever they'll find, uterus-wise, on Wednesday.
Same here--well, except my fears are about Tuesday. But I suspect that you knew that.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
mischievium - thanks a bunch. It's heartbreaking, but then I try to look at it the other way and think to myself that if what I am going through now will help someone else later to not have to deal with as much, then so be it. There's a reason, I just can't possibly see it yet.

Aly - Here's to hoping for you!!!

Kristenok18 and julia'smom - Someday our trains will remain on track too....

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 04-28-2008, 04:15 PM

mischievium: That is fine that I am in a seperate section.... Just happy to be around women that are understanding...

Aly22681: Congrads!!! Maybe you will have twins or even triplets!!:::

kristenok18: Thank you for welcoming me and I am so sorry to here about your situation sending lots of : and 1praying::

How has everyone been in the last few days??
Old 04-28-2008, 06:05 PM

Well, results from this morning's blood and ultrasound are in. Not too surprising, they say I am not responding to the clomid. So, I have a re-consult with the RE to determine the next step.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 04-29-2008, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well, results from this morning's blood and ultrasound are in. Not too surprising, they say I am not responding to the clomid. So, I have a re-consult with the RE to determine the next step.
I'm so sorry .

Quote:

I do this all the time-- the current mental deadline is my birthday in July.

Quote:
Of course!

Quote:
Oooooh! Doesn't that sound like a beginning of a comic book?

"They were 3 everyday strangers going about their everyday lives, until, in the course of routine medical testing, radioactive dye was shot up their hoohas! Bound into sisterhood by their glowing uteri of doom, The Radioactive Dye Up Our Hooha Avengers secretly prowl the Halls of Medicine protecting innocent (and not so innocent ) hoohas from the falling prey to the evil Dr. Dildocam and his menacing Speculum of Fire!"

Quote:
Yay for the normal chromosomes! I'm right there with you, I mean, my intuition says my fallopian tubes and uterus are fine-- but what if my intuition is wrong?
Old 04-29-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:

"They were 3 everyday strangers going about their everyday lives, until, in the course of routine medical testing, radioactive dye was shot up their hoohas! Bound into sisterhood by their glowing uteri of doom, The Radioactive Dye Up Our Hooha Avengers secretly prowl the Halls of Medicine protecting innocent (and not so innocent ) hoohas from the falling prey to the evil Dr. Dildocam and his menacing Speculum of Fire!"
this is the funniest thing I have read all day. thanks!

I agree with you actually, some days I'm impatient for things to just get moving! But I'm scared of treatment too, and overall I don't really mind that we're waiting to start. And (this is going to come out all wrong, but) it's sort of freeing to have given up on my body.

How do you all deal with the totally irrational sense of personal failure? What I mean is, it's my body that's broken, and that makes me feel like I am somehow failing... or maybe not as much of a woman as I should be... totally crazy, I know, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Julia'sMom, I'm sorry things are so rough for you right now. It's a hard ride.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
Old 04-30-2008, 02:24 AM

Quote:

THAT is almost scarily well written. Good job!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
Old 04-30-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
How do you all deal with the totally irrational sense of personal failure? What I mean is, it's my body that's broken, and that makes me feel like I am somehow failing... or maybe not as much of a woman as I should be... totally crazy, I know, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Not totally crazy at all. I think it's normal, especially in this day in age where we believe that if we just work hard enough we can make anything happen. Except we can work as hard as we want at trying to beat infertility and still not get anywhere. Some days I don't deal well at all (like all of last week? ), but others I just try very hard to focus on something that is in my control. Lately it's been nutrition/exercise, probably because I feel that it'll help my pcos. It's hard, though.

Julia'smom- I'm sorry. It's hard to hear that after so much hope. When do you get to talk to your RE?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Go, team RDUOHC!
Indeed! The procedure yesterday was quick and mostly painless. There was one pinch/cramp and nothing other than that. I'm sore today, but nothing that will bother me, I don't think.

And the best news: Everything's fine! The doc actually said that there's nothing better he could have seen. I'm very pleased! Even if I don't get pregnant, at least I know that I haven't blown many, many dollars on swimmers that could NEVER have made it to their destination. And that's something, for sure.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:28 AM

eh... no news here... af is still here... blech...

mischievium... very funny... got a good giggle from me

I met my niece yesterday! she is pretty darn wonderful... I cried... a lot... but it was so great to get to see sil and my niece finally.

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

Old 04-30-2008, 10:32 AM

mischievium, you SLAY me.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
[QUOTE=mischievium;11093153] Oooooh! Doesn't that sound like a beginning of a comic book?

QUOTE]

Too darn funny mischievium! It's always nice to laugh when you're having a harder than normal time with the whole situation - keep it up, you'll have a book written in a matter of weeks, and a bunch of hysterically laughing, normally subdued woman who appreciate your humor in a way that fertiles will never understand!!!

I realized the other day that the more I go through the treatment, the more that I, and my body, is getting used to it. Now that's sad... and almost scary... I don't want to be used to it, I still want the needles and the meds to be as foreign to me as Laos!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 04-30-2008, 03:39 PM

mischievium - that's awsome. When I had my HSG many years ago I started laughing. My concerned DH in his lead apron though I was in pain. I had to tell him later that I thought I must have been kidnapped by aliens.
I was laying on a table with a wand up my hoohah and up there on a screen, turned considerately so I could see, was an alien with antenas.

We superwomen have many different origin stories - probed by uterus shaped aliens, bitten by a radioactive speculum.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel1895 View Post
I met my niece yesterday! she is pretty darn wonderful... I cried... a lot... but it was so great to get to see sil and my niece finally.
I cried my eyes out the first time I met my niece. I love her with all my heart, but it darn near killed me to meet her.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=songbird45;11094604
[/QUOTE]

While I agree it may be irrational, I think this is a common feeling for those with infertility. At least, I know exactly what you mean. It took a long time for my dh to understand why I was so upset over the c-section for my dd. To me, it was just another way of my body failing me and proof that I was less of a woman. On the plus side, since I was so upset that I needed medical intervention to get pregnant and to give birth, I was darn well determined to breastfeed. That determination led to me continuing to breastfeed my 21 month old today. I know with my mind that none of us with infertility are failing, but I still need to remind my heart of that a lot.

Looking at the bright side, we're moving this week and since I'm apparently not ovulating any time soon, if ever, I have no qualms about throwing myself whole-heartedly into helping move in and all the physical work that involves. I'm also not feeling pressure to try and squeeze in a lot of bd sessions while living with friends, moving and visiting family. Tomorrow I see the RE and we'll see what he has to tell me.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 05-02-2008, 09:03 PM

AAM: Had my ultrasound today and, according to the RE, my ovaries are "beautiful" and my uterine lining is "excellent." So we're on for next cycle. Now I just wait to bleed.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
AAM: Had my ultrasound today and, according to the RE, my ovaries are "beautiful" and my uterine lining is "excellent." So we're on for next cycle. Now I just wait to bleed.
yay for beautiful ovaries! Congrats. what's next? GL!

Julia'sMom
, what did your RE say?
I can relate a little about TTC while life is happening - we have a lot of family visiting this month, including on my projected ovulation day, so if we have to do IUI again, we'd have to sneak away for a couple hours to go to the doctor's office... I don't know if I can handle that. None of our family knows what we're going through, or even that we are TTC at all. It's getting harder the longer it goes on to keep it a secret...

good luck with your move!

how's everyone else today? this thread has been pretty quiet? everyone okay?

I'm on the last day of my TWW. I either start bleeding today or tomorrow, or I test! I'm biting my nails....
Old 05-04-2008, 11:38 AM

Well AF showed up yesterday, so its off to IVF for us. I got into the June Cycle so YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh, I'm just so nervous about the whole process!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:19 AM

The may thread is up and running-

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=889652

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person

User Tag List