ESTROGEN supplement for CLOMID cycle, OTC option? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-06-2008, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
x-posted in ttc

ok i have finally dealt with the fact that i am using Clomid finally, that was a big thing to reconcile.
Now i want to address that i already know i have low-ish estrogen levels (got blood test last cycle, have history of low cm)
knowing that clomid can exasperate this issue i want to be proactive. My doc is a goober big time and dealing with him is pulling teeth, i will be changing him asap but for right now i have one cycle left with my dh around before he deploys so i want to pull out any stops i can myself.
i know that some docs will prescribe estrogen to take from when the clomid ends till O, is there a otc version of this that is found to be helpful too? or am i stuck getting my Dr to do something?
is there any big down side to doing this estrogen supplement?

thanks for your info

fyi i am already doing everything i can for better cm
(3900 epo af-o, great vit c complex, matcha green tea, loads of water, guaifenesin tablets pre-o, and pre-seed for lube needs)

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 07:26 PM

I can't answer your question, but have you tried preseed? It's a sperm-friendly lube that is very close to natural cm. My husband and I really like it and it indeed feels really natural and is supposed to help the swimmers get where they're going!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

yes i use that too, but what everyone needs to remember is that Pre-Seed only helps in the vaginal area, it does not over come a cervix that is blocked by too thick of cm from low estrogen. the guaifenesin (robitussin/mucinex) can help thin this part out a bit, but dry is dry is dry.

do i think in the end it is a combo of things to deal with each part of it that will work the best.

thanks for the input.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 04-06-2008, 08:30 PM

I don't really know how this works but I know some women on here have used soy either in place of clomid or maybe alongside it? not sure if both.
I know Calebsmome on our trying for 12+ thread has done it. Maybe you could ask her. If you couldn't find much on estrogen supps, maybe this is an option. Also, I know they make progest. cream for us low P gals. Isn't there also estrogen cream? Hope some of that helps. GL!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 04-06-2008, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

yeah i will read more on soy, it kinda scares me, i am generally confused on what is difference if any between things they say are estrogenic and things that are anti-estrogenic, i have seen soy listed as both!
i understand that clomid works by blocking estrogen receptors, therefore setting off a chain reaction, that although at one point it increases the amount of estrogen that is flowing around, it has a net decrease on what is used by your body.
although it does not seem to need to do this to work, but it is rather the secondary action of it working.
so the questions stands as what can be done to increase the amount of estrogen that body gets without undermining the working of the clomid. I am thinking that timing has a lot to do with is this is method of treatment with good outlooks. it seems that the estrogen needs to taken in the restricted time frame after the clomid and before the O, seems common sense as well. (Clomid 3-7, E 8-O for example)

I'm starting my clomid in a few short days, so i will ask Dr. Goober and do a bunch of reading, hopefully will figure something out.

User Tag List