The MAY 2008 Infertility One Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 162 Old 05-11-2008, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are no longer ttc. We need to buy a car, and hubby wants to put it on hold ttc on hold till the end of the year cuz of it.

Laura wife to Chris proud mommy to our lil monkey (c-section 6-10-06), our other lil monkey (HBAC 3-08-09) Our next and last son (due by HBAC mid July 2011) and our angel (10-03-04). My middle son has many severe food allergies.

#62 of 162 Old 05-11-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laralee16 View Post
We are no longer ttc. We need to buy a car, and hubby wants to put it on hold ttc on hold till the end of the year cuz of it.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you can resume TTC quickly, and that you are successful right away.

baturay, congrats on all the follicles! That's amazing! You must be bursting! or? what does it feel like?

as for me, I'm trying to keep my spirits up on Mothers' Day... it's hard. I had thought I'd be at least 3-4 months pregnant by now... I just hope by next Mothers' Day we'll be expecting, or maybe even parents already. I hope!

How's everyone else?
#63 of 162 Old 05-12-2008, 01:54 PM

Today I learned the importance of bedside manner. I went to see an ophthalmologist about the vision issues that the Clomid caused. He looked up Clomid in his PDR and told me, "well, that is one of the side effects." And I said, "yes, I know, and my doctor told me that it usually goes away after some time. Since it hasn't, she recommended that I get it checked out." And so he examined me, telling me to relax and not move my eyes while he shined a bright light into them - can I tell you how hard it is to NOT focus on a bright light moving in front of your face? He seemed so annoyed that I wasn't being still enough for him.

Anyway, he said he didn't see anything unusual and he can't say whether it will go away or not. So I guess I'll be living with the weird vision forever. Warning to people who are taking Clomid - if you see weird vision things, STOP - it only gets worse and could become permanent.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#64 of 162 Old 05-12-2008, 04:24 PM

Hola ladies,
I just wanted to poke my head in and say hello to everyone. I'm on day 8 of my BCP's. I finished all of my preliminary IVF tests last week, so now I am just waiting for the Dr to review them and set me up with an IVF date. It is such a relief to have it all done though.

songbird45:Ugh, that sucks about your vision, I hope it starts to get better for you.

baturay: Good news about your follies, do you have a ER scheduled yet? Let me know how that goes as this will be our first IVF cycle! GOOD LUCK!!!

biomama: Mothers day was hard for me too, I should have had a 5 months old by now, or at least pregnant with another one....Hopefully next year we are ALL holding babies!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#65 of 162 Old 05-13-2008, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here
Today is 10dpo for me and I couldn't resist testing. There was a very faint, but discernable second line there. I told DH to look close and he saw it right away.

We're optimistic, but wondering if it is just residual from the trigger shot 11 days ago. This is our first IUI, can anyone tell me about how long it takes for that to NOT show up on a test? Our plan is to test again in two more days.

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#66 of 162 Old 05-13-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastbayK View Post
Updated to here
Today is 10dpo for me and I couldn't resist testing. There was a very faint, but discernable second line there. I told DH to look close and he saw it right away.

We're optimistic, but wondering if it is just residual from the trigger shot 11 days ago. This is our first IUI, can anyone tell me about how long it takes for that to NOT show up on a test? Our plan is to test again in two more days.

Kim
OH OH OH, that sounds promising....My trigger is usually gone by 7-8 day later, however, I must say it is NOT impossible for it to still be the trigger, I would say to test again tomorrow and see if it gets darker or lighter, If it is the trigger and it was SUPER light today, it should be gone tomorrow. Good luck!!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#67 of 162 Old 05-13-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Updated to here

Kim
GOOD LUCK KIM!
: : :
: :

Those faint lines are SOOOO irritating!!!!!! And can't the plain old passage of time be a royal pain in the arse! Get ON with it, work the magic/science, and gimme the result!!!! A peaceful wait and delightful result to you!

Jesse
#68 of 162 Old 05-13-2008, 01:30 PM

Kim, all my crossables are crossed for you!

AAM: My period arrived on Sunday, a full week early, so we're in the cycle of our final IUI! I had my CD 1-3 ultrasound this morning (on CD 3) and all is as it should be. They taught me to give myself the shots, which I'll start tonight.

And a change for me, please: Final IUI with injectibles and monitoring in May. After this, we're done trying with me and on to whatever's next on our journey to parenthood.
#69 of 162 Old 05-13-2008, 06:13 PM

Kim, I'm so excited! I hope it's real!!!
I'm worried about the trigger shot giving us false hope this cycle too - it will be my first medicated cycle so I'm nervous...

frog, good luck with this cycle! I hope it's the last one you need, not just the last IUI. And glad the CD3 U/S was good.

How's everyone else?

I'm on CD7, last day of clomid. I haven't noticed anything different yet. Just waiting... our trigger shot and U/S, and IUI will be next Monday unless I get a natural LH surge sooner.
#70 of 162 Old 05-14-2008, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

Thanks for all the well-wishes ladies! My fingers and toes are crossed as well. I opted not to test this morning, but to give it a little more time. Plus, I didn't have any tests at home. I'd rather go a little longer with the hope that I got a bfp. In the meantime, I'm just secretly analyzing every little twinge or itch, trying to remember if it's different from every other month. I checked out the test gallery at fertilityfriend.com and was glad to see that the majority of 10dpo positive tests looked just like mine.

Biomama- Our Dr. told us not to test until 14 days post IUI, to make sure the trigger had cleared out. But I'm impatient. After watching Aly for a few cycles, I knew that the trigger usually cleared out earlier, so I figured it wouldn't hurt.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#71 of 162 Old 05-14-2008, 11:10 AM

Kim - My, what patience you have. I too am wishing you the best. : :

frog - May this cycle bring you peace, one way or another. I admire your ability to discern how much is too much. :

aly - Good luck with this cycle. I know how good it feels when the decision is made and the waiting is over. :

songbird - I'm so sorry to hear about the vision issues. I hope it does clear up for you.

laralee - We'll miss you.

Please update me: TTC#2 with PCOS. DD1 conceived with met, clomid & hcg. No response to clomid, starting IVF.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#72 of 162 Old 05-14-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Updated to here

Kim
That sounds good! : :

We've finally gotten back all the test results... everything is normal. So, I guess now we TTC again with no answer as to what caused the three m/cs...

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#73 of 162 Old 05-14-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Updated to here

Biomama- Our Dr. told us not to test until 14 days post IUI, to make sure the trigger had cleared out. But I'm impatient. After watching Aly for a few cycles, I knew that the trigger usually cleared out earlier, so I figured it wouldn't hurt.
: I LOVE that I am the example of testing after a trigger, glad I could be of assistance

#74 of 162 Old 05-14-2008, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Seriously Aly, when I posted my question about how long until the trigger is out of your system, I knew you would have an answer. We all know you aren't the poster girl for self-restraint when it comes to POAS. But hey, in this case, all of your early testing actually did someone some good! You should be proud

Weasley- I imagine it's both relief and disappointment that they didn't find anything. Good to know nothing is wrong, but sad that there isn't an answer or something to fix. Best of luck at you move on!

Kim

#75 of 162 Old 05-14-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Seriously Aly, when I posted my question about how long until the trigger is out of your system, I knew you would have an answer. We all know you aren't the poster girl for self-restraint when it comes to POAS. But hey, in this case, all of your early testing actually did someone some good! You should be proud
: Does that mean I get to send yall a bill for my HPT's over the last year?? Seriously though, I keep all of them in a grocery bag under my sink, dont tell my DH but, I have over 100 of them : And most of them are FRER...EEEK, I think I just realized how much I hav actually spent on those things!

#76 of 162 Old 05-14-2008, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh man I'm so excited for you mamas waiting to test! And hoping those faint lines only get stronger!

Today was my egg retrieval. Ouch. Glad to have that part over, but...ouch. Far more painful than I had imagined. So, the surprise was that the RE right before the retrieval that he thought we'd get 25 eggs and how great that'd be. Well, we got 86! It's the most eggs he's ever retrieved from a woman since he started doing this 15 years ago. No wonder I was uncomfortable the last few days! lol

We are thinking of freezing the extra ones that make it to day 5. I hope so badly to not have to go through IVF ever again. Tomorrow we start progesterone shots (administered on the bottom by my husband) ask me how scared I am of that? How was that for you mamas that did IVF? I could handle the three shots a day on my belly, but the bottom big ole needle one is scaring me! Or is it that my husband has to do it? Egg transfer is Monday. Can't wait!!!

Giselle, natural living mama to three (and TTC our 4th)
Granola Babies - www.granolababies.com
Everything for your natural baby - visit online or in So. CA. Always free shipping within the USA.
#77 of 162 Old 05-14-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baturay View Post
Oh man I'm so excited for you mamas waiting to test! And hoping those faint lines only get stronger!

Today was my egg retrieval. Ouch. Glad to have that part over, but...ouch. Far more painful than I had imagined. So, the surprise was that the RE right before the retrieval that he thought we'd get 25 eggs and how great that'd be. Well, we got 86! It's the most eggs he's ever retrieved from a woman since he started doing this 15 years ago. No wonder I was uncomfortable the last few days! lol

We are thinking of freezing the extra ones that make it to day 5. I hope so badly to not have to go through IVF ever again. Tomorrow we start progesterone shots (administered on the bottom by my husband) ask me how scared I am of that? How was that for you mamas that did IVF? I could handle the three shots a day on my belly, but the bottom big ole needle one is scaring me! Or is it that my husband has to do it? Egg transfer is Monday. Can't wait!!!
HOLY MOLY!!!! I have never heard of any one getting that many eggs at ER, were all 86 mature??? I cant imagine how you must have felt the last few days, I have always heard that the ER is always worse the more eggs you have. Well depending on how many I get in June, I might be knocking on your door asking to borrow a couple of eggs. j/k : Dont be greedy, let the rest of us have a chance to grow some eggs too

Seriously though, CONGRATS on your eggs, I hope ALL of them fertilize, NOW THAT WOULD REALLY BE IMPRESSIVE!!

#78 of 162 Old 05-14-2008, 08:16 PM

I'll package them out and sent them overnight

I'm 34 next month and the RE said he's never seen (in his practice) someone my age with that many eggs. Downside though is that I'm at very high risk of ovarian hyper stimulation, so that's why he wants us to reconsider freezing the embryos that make it, so that we don't go through this again. Too high of a risk, he says. DH and I talked about it today and decided to definitly freeze the ones that make it. Most don't make it, so I'll feel very lucky if we have 3-4 from the 86 eggs to freeze after he has put in 2 of them. I'll let you all know on Monday how many made it!

Everything for your natural baby - visit online or in So. CA. Always free shipping within the USA.
#79 of 162 Old 05-15-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baturay View Post
I'm 34 next month and the RE said he's never seen (in his practice) someone my age with that many eggs. Downside though is that I'm at very high risk of ovarian hyper stimulation, so that's why he wants us to reconsider freezing the embryos that make it, so that we don't go through this again. Too high of a risk, he says. DH and I talked about it today and decided to definitly freeze the ones that make it. Most don't make it, so I'll feel very lucky if we have 3-4 from the 86 eggs to freeze after he has put in 2 of them. I'll let you all know on Monday how many made it!
WOW!!!! Congrats on so many eggs! I can't believe you didn't burst! I hope the Monday babes take and that you have many left to use for your next pg(s)! (if that's what you want) Good luck with the shots. Those sound not so fun :

I'm still waiting to O, trigger shot on Monday if I don't get a natural LH surge before that. Then IUIs on Monday & Tues. The clomid didn't really make me feel any different... I hope that doesn't mean it was ineffective.

WeasleyMum, glad everything looked good! That must be nice to hear! (but maybe not as satisfying as knowing what's going on?)

How's everyone else??
#80 of 162 Old 05-15-2008, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

I tested this morning, results are in and the answer is BFN. I suspected the answer based on my temp this morning, before I even tested. I guess it really does take 10 days for me to clear out a trigger shot. Not even a hint of a line on this one. DH and I spent the morning trying to hide our sadness from each other as I got ready for work this morning.

We've got two more cycles to do IUI and if that doesn't work, the RE wants to take a look at my uterus to see if they missed some scarring during the HSG.

Hope everyone else has a happy day

K

#81 of 162 Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Updated to here

I tested this morning, results are in and the answer is BFN. I suspected the answer based on my temp this morning, before I even tested. I guess it really does take 10 days for me to clear out a trigger shot. Not even a hint of a line on this one. DH and I spent the morning trying to hide our sadness from each other as I got ready for work this morning.

We've got two more cycles to do IUI and if that doesn't work, the RE wants to take a look at my uterus to see if they missed some scarring during the HSG.

Hope everyone else has a happy day

K

UGH!!!!!!! : I'm sorry you have to go through all this crap. Boo Hiss on infertility!

#82 of 162 Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 AM

EastbayK, I'm sorry. I'll say a "Damn it!" for you for this round and send lots of positive vibes for the next one.

#83 of 162 Old 05-15-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Updated to here

DH and I spent the morning trying to hide our sadness from each other as I got ready for work this morning.

K

I know those mornings, and I sympathize. To have to grieve month after month is so hard on us as individuals, and on a relationship too.

BEST of luck on the next one.:
#84 of 162 Old 05-15-2008, 12:51 PM

hey eastbay... many hugs

Crys - mom to DS, C (6/04) expecting twins 2/23/13 joy.gif

#85 of 162 Old 05-15-2008, 03:31 PM

Sorry Eastbay. It doesn't get any easier does it :-(

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#86 of 162 Old 05-15-2008, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Eastbay ~ I'm so sorry... that so hard when you start to believe that maybe, just maybe, it worked and the train kept chugging along, only to realize that it flew off the tracks and is now dropping to the water below. I'm so sorry, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Goblue ~ I know that you'll check this thread out, so hang in there. You are also in my thoughts and prayers, and I told those beans to stay sticky for me!! I wish I had more to say, but I know that there isn't. :

baturay ~ wow! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that those that they put back in stick, and that OHSS doesn't hunt you down! :

biomama ~ GL at the IUI, here's to hoping!

Well, I know that I've been quiet, just trying to deal with all that is going on around me, and silently supporting everyone. I know I missed many people from the above, but since it has been a while I hit the most recent. Those of you that struggled with Mother's Day (because I read those posts too), I feel your pain, I had a hard time to but I tried to ignore it... then by Wednesday I was blowing up at everyone for no reason, and together dh and I realized that the trigger of my anxiety and depression had been Sunday.

So, an update.

My docs office called today and they had their IVF meeting with the two RE's, and my case was apparently the talk of the table so to speak. They have come up with my new meds protocol for IVF round 1 cycle 3, so now I'm just waiting for AF to come. Wow. Never thought I would want her to come! But, of course, it's another 2.5 weeks away. ugh. They are going to have me do 2 - 3 weeks of BCP's this time around (in the past it has only been about a week). Then I'm going to go back to Lupron. Last time I did 10ml (or whatever it is), this time I will do 20. They think it will help keep my estrogen in check between the longer term of bcp's and the higher dose of lupron. Then when I start the repronex, I will start at 1.5 ampule's, and get my first blood work on day 3 (it is normally on day 5) so that they can keep a closer eye on it, so that if I do start to fly too high, they will have a little more time to work with it before it gets too far into the cycle. Then, if it does fly too high for comfort, they would either a)cancel again, or b)go ahead and do the retrieval, but then let my ovaries quiet down and do an FET.

I don't know, that's a hard decision. I know that FET's have a lower %, but really, if I fly that high again for the third time, maybe that would really be the only way for me? I know, wait and see what happens with the cycle before I really think about it, but you kind of have to keep it in the back of your mind so that you are not broadsided. With that being said, I'm probably looking at AF in early June, so ER and ET would probably be in early to mid July. Wow.

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#87 of 162 Old 05-16-2008, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. I think this BFN was especially negative because we had so many positive signs that this was going to be IT. And I really let myself believe it was going to be, instead of being cautiously gaurded. I started thinking about what it would be like, imagined myself calling DH's oncology nurse to find out what precautions to take, even peeked in the Jan DDC. And discovered that the due date would have been on my birthday. DH and I had lunch together yesterday and talked more about it in the evening. I think we have both come to terms with it and are ready to embrace the next cycle.

I'm guessitmating my next IUI will be on 5/30 (how's that for timing, two seperate IUI's in the month of May).

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Kim

#88 of 162 Old 05-16-2008, 04:28 PM

Well...I have a moderate case of OHSS Drinking protein water and juice to try to decrease the fluids around my ovaries and prevent this from getting worse. My ovaries are 3x their normal size. Most likely the transfer will not happen this Monday. I'm ok with that, since pregnancy makes OHSS worse, so it's for the best.

#89 of 162 Old 05-19-2008, 11:08 AM

We saw the RE on the 6th. I had a baseline U/S and will go back on day 3 for testing. If everything looks good, I'll start Clomid on Day 5 to Day 9, have more testing on Day 10 and then start TTC again. I am wishing and hoping that this is it. TTC for over 2 years with 4 losses is getting exhausting.

My sister gave me lots of good ideas for meditating and visualing this month.

Take care all!
Jen

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)
We are expecting baby #7 in November 2013

#90 of 162 Old 05-19-2008, 12:17 PM

AAM: I had an ultrasound this morning (CD8) and there are three follies on one ovary and none on the other. Uterine lining is where it should be. One of the three is at 20, so depending on my bloodwork, I may trigger this evening, with the IUI on Wednesday.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page