The MAY 2008 Infertility One Thread - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 162 Old 05-29-2008, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ah, yeah, maybe each clinic is different.

I'm hoping for you that they make it :

Giselle, natural living mama to three (and TTC our 4th)
Granola Babies - www.granolababies.com
Everything for your natural baby - visit online or in So. CA. Always free shipping within the USA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 162 Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinc View Post
Hey momma i had that about 3 months ago and they cancelled my IVF over it. They said mine looked like it had blood in it instead of clear fluid, but they didn't fret too much about. i was on BCP for another month to help it go down, but it didn't really help. it went away at its own pace, a full 2 months later it started shrinking. they let me start stimming with it still there, but i wish they would have cancelled my cycle b/c i only had 4 follies in that ovary. they say it had nothing to do with the cyst, but there were 10 in the other ovary so i think it did. stupid waste of $27,000:
Oh Kristin, that adds more to all of this. I am so sorry for the poor guidance by your docs and the immense grief you must be going through. I firmly believe that couples who have failed IVF should get ALL their money back, or at least half. Come on. Do you by chance remember how big that cyst was? Now I have two, right and left side and the R one is up to 40 mm. I do hope it resolves on its own. Now they're not sure if I can do fert. drugs.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#153 of 162 Old 05-30-2008, 12:09 AM

Jennifer - I just wanted to give you I don't know what to say. I do hope the RE can find an answer and the cysts resolve quickly. It is just so unfair.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#154 of 162 Old 05-30-2008, 06:36 AM

Jennifer, that sucks about your cysts. I had a few IUIs cancelled over cysts. Does IVF cost $27,000 in the states?

Maeve, wife to Bobby and TTC since August 05. Mummy to furbabies Jay and Spota since October 03.
#155 of 162 Old 05-30-2008, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Jennifer- if it's not one thing it's another. for you.

My temp didn't rise today, l expected it wouldn't, which means that yesterday's IUI probably wasn't effective. We'll keep BD'ing until my temp jumps up and hope that one of the several eggs I have will make a new friend. I told them all that if they didn't do a good job swimming with the "fishes" then they'd really be swimming with the fishes. Maybe I can threaten my ovaries into behaving?

Good luck this weekend everyone! Incubate, incubate

K

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#156 of 162 Old 05-30-2008, 10:48 AM

Hi Ladies!

Needle in the Hay
- glad for your good news about the thyroid. I hope your appointment goes well.

Willthiswork
GL!

As for me, Thanks for all your thoughts. I don't know what to say except things are getting worse and worse. My DH is in a negative spiral, the word failure is being thrown around (by him not me), and things are getting less and less sexy by the minute.

I guess I have written this month off. I am a second day of a positive opk, and I can't even get a kiss out the guy. I feel defeated. He seems kind of in denial about the fact that maybe his anxieties about infertility are connected to this. He has been putting of a s/a too. (Which if he would just do I am pretty sure it would show the issue is not him!) I am trying to give him space and not push it. Meanwhile I am off to spend $200 on acupuncture and tcm, apparently for no reason!

Thanks for the venting space.
#157 of 162 Old 05-30-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueRhino View Post
Hi Ladies!
As for me, Thanks for all your thoughts. I don't know what to say except things are getting worse and worse. My DH is in a negative spiral, the word failure is being thrown around (by him not me), and things are getting less and less sexy by the minute.

I guess I have written this month off. I am a second day of a positive opk, and I can't even get a kiss out the guy. I feel defeated. He seems kind of in denial about the fact that maybe his anxieties about infertility are connected to this. He has been putting of a s/a too. (Which if he would just do I am pretty sure it would show the issue is not him!) I am trying to give him space and not push it. Meanwhile I am off to spend $200 on acupuncture and tcm, apparently for no reason!

Thanks for the venting space.
I wish I had helpful advice, but I've never known how to get through to my dh. I guess he just has to work through it, and hopefully he'll come to you when it's time.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#158 of 162 Old 05-31-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Oh Kristin, that adds more to all of this. I am so sorry for the poor guidance by your docs and the immense grief you must be going through. I firmly believe that couples who have failed IVF should get ALL their money back, or at least half. Come on. Do you by chance remember how big that cyst was? Now I have two, right and left side and the R one is up to 40 mm. I do hope it resolves on its own. Now they're not sure if I can do fert. drugs.
at the first baseline bloodwrok & us appt the cyst was 24 mm, so they cancelled my ivf cycle, told me to stop taking the BCP's and call them back with af. well i stopped the bcp and i started stopping the next day whihc is bascially all of the period that can be expected so 4 days later i was there getting day 3 bloodwork & us again. by then the cyst was up to 30mm, so they told me to start the bcp again for 3 weeks and then would rechcek its size again. Well after 3 weeks og bcp it was only down to 28mm, but my E2 was below 100 which is clutch otherwise they will not let you start to stimm. I cysts didn't really start to disappear until close to the ER, but that ovary ovary only produced 5 follies which it hink was d/t the cyst. i wish they would ahve just cancelled the cycle instead of haing us waste all of that money and have a poor response.

with a 40mm cyst i would think it would be cancelled aka no stimms, but more important than cyst size is your E2 level. It must be below 100 to start stimms. And to be honest you don't want to cycle with that big old cyst occupying space on your ovary anyway. You won't ahve a great response.
i know it is really frustrationg, but hang in theres:

Kristin
#159 of 162 Old 05-31-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willthiswork View Post
Jennifer, that sucks about your cysts. I had a few IUIs cancelled over cysts. Does IVF cost $27,000 in the states?
Well the IVF was $10,000 and the meds were $5,000.

And the to get IVF ready with HSG & bloodwork, it cost another $5,000 for me & DH. And then he had to have a TESE to retrieve the sperm which was another $4500. Plus i have spent another $1000 on acupuncture, herbs & supplements so we are actually almost at $30,000 for 1 failed IVF, all out of pocket.
#160 of 162 Old 06-01-2008, 08:26 PM

how is everyone this weekend? hanging in there? It's been a tough week.

blueRhino, I can totally relate. It's been much less stressful for these IUI cycles since we don't have to dtd at all. Before IUIs, we would have these huge fights about who had to seduce the other one, or how, or whatever, and it was not at all sexy. We'd also fight about timing. DH thought I should know exactly when I was going to O, but of course I didn't until afterwards. Plus, I wanted to do every other day, he didn't, he wanted to save it all for the day. Oh, it's so difficult, isn't it?

Our friends with a 4 month old were over the other night and they were saying how strange it was that, "all you have to do is that, and you get this baby". Obviously they don't know about our IF. They got pg on their very first try. Sigh.

I'm at the final days of my 2ww. I could get AF any second now... let's hope not!
#161 of 162 Old 06-02-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomama View Post

Our friends with a 4 month old were over the other night and they were saying how strange it was that, "all you have to do is that, and you get this baby".
At this point in our IF journey, it's incredible to me that anyone can just do "that" and get pregnant...

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#162 of 162 Old 06-02-2008, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

The June thread is up and running here-

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page