Mothering Forum banner

JUNE 2008 IVF Cyclers!!!!!

12K views 278 replies 26 participants last post by  Seedlings 
#1 ·
Hey All!!! My name is JoAnne, and I am 37....will be 38 in July......tick tick tick tick! I will be starting my third IVF cycle in June! I am looking for other MDC ladies to share the fun

We are TTC #2 ---well sorta.....I have a 15 yo from a previous marriage, but currently dh and I suffer severe MFI, and so have no other choice but IVF w. ICSI.....but got our dd from IVF #1.....IVF #2 for a sib failed, but I was under WAY too much stress and exercising too much. Also didn't keep up with the acu and diet recs.....now I've already started acu a month ago and will transfer in the latter part of June.

~jo
37 yo, severe MFI, and eggs getting "old" IVF #3
IVF#1=dd, 15 mo old, IVF #2 BFN
15 yo ds from previous marriage

See less See more
#229 ·
Jo, I am praying for that embie! My RE told me that she had a client that had only 1 grade C embryo to tranfer and everyone was really sad about it. But that little embie took and that woman now has a daughter! It CAN happen!

Aly, I like those odds the RE gave you! Everything is crossed for you. I can't wait for your beta!

#230 ·
kfg - hang in there!

ladies i have spent the morning/afternoon reading your posts. my partner and i had our first ivf this month, transfered 2, found out on 6/20 that neither took. meeting with the dr on monday to see what the next step is.
good luck to you all.
this is a long journey that we are all on.

#232 ·
hi girls,
I have a question for you all - did you have to take a cycle off before doing your IVF cycle? I've been reading that most women take BCP for the cycle before their IVF cycle. We would be doing IVF for MFI, and I don't need help regulating my cycles, so I wonder if it would be necessary for me?

Also, at what CD do you start your medicines?

I'm trying to get a sense of timing for an IVF cycle we'll be trying to do in August if our July IUI fails. Any advice or info is most appreciated.

I wish you all the best in your cycles! GL!!

#233 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
I DID IT!!!

I some how managed to talk Dr P into transfering 3 embies this morning. We transfered 3 8 cell grade 1A little ones. I thought for sure he was going to do 2 good ones and a slacker 4 cell, but nope he decided to do the 3 perfect 8 cells. I am sooooooooo excited. The embryologist helped me talk him into it, I'm tall (5'10") so they decided together that I could handle 3 even if all of them took. The only thing that sucked is that when we got there, they told us that we needed assisted hatching. The "shell" (I cant remember the proper name for it) was really thick on our embies so they needed a little help breaking out. That cost an extra $750 but in the scheme of things thats not really all that much. Dr P gave us a 25% chance of trips, 50% of twins, and 75-80% of a singleton. UGH, Let the TWW begin!!
Aly ~ congrats and all the best to you and your growing embies

#234 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by biomama View Post
hi girls,
I have a question for you all - did you have to take a cycle off before doing your IVF cycle? I've been reading that most women take BCP for the cycle before their IVF cycle. We would be doing IVF for MFI, and I don't need help regulating my cycles, so I wonder if it would be necessary for me?

Also, at what CD do you start your medicines?

I'm trying to get a sense of timing for an IVF cycle we'll be trying to do in August if our July IUI fails. Any advice or info is most appreciated.

I wish you all the best in your cycles! GL!!
My re has all ivfers take bcps because he only does the er and et one week of the month.

So my second ivf was bfn (crummie eggs and old age
). If I cycle with this re again I would take July off and then my af arrives around the end of July. I would start bcp's until the begining of Aug. That would have me starting stime around Aug 8 (cd 3) so I would be insync with all the other ivfers in my re's practice. I would stim any where from 7-11 days and my er would 36 hours after trigger and the et would be 3 days after er.

Hth's and Good Luck

#236 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seedlings View Post
My re has all ivfers take bcps because he only does the er and et one week of the month.

). If I cycle with this re again I would take July off and then my af arrives around the end of July. I would start bcp's until the begining of Aug. That would have me starting stime around Aug 8 (cd 3) so I would be insync with all the other ivfers in my re's practice. I would stim any where from 7-11 days and my er would 36 hours after trigger and the et would be 3 days after er.

Hth's and Good Luck
sorry that your IVF didn't work.

This definitely helps! Thanks so much for the info. GL if you decide to cycle again!

#237 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seedlings View Post
).
: Ugh, I hate hearing that!

#238 ·
biomama,
the bcp's are used for 2 things, as far as i know...
one, they suppress the ovaries.
two, they help your clinic schedule your e.r.& e.t. (for instance, they count back on the calendar from when they want to schedule your e.r/e.t, add in the days of meds, etc, and then have you on anywhere from 21 to 35 days of bcp's)

some women don't need alot of suppression, so they can skip the bcp's and go right onto whatever med protocol they're doing,
and,
some clinics do e.r.'s and e.t.'s every day, all week long because they have a huge staff and lots of embryologists and r.e.'s on staff, so they don't need to use the bcp's for this purpose.

i found it pretty frustrating adding in that 'extra' month of bcp's, because i was chomping at the bit to start my stims!! but, i needed them to 'quiet' my ovaries, so it was worth it to be patient and just let the process unfold.

anyway, i have been following along with all of you, not posting, but hoping you all have a great cycle.

#239 ·
Is it too late to join? Or is there going to be a July thread? I am on bcp preparing for my first IVF in mid July.

I've been researching so much through the entire TTC process that once I picked a doctor/clinic I sort of let go and took a break. Now it's time to get back into research mode!

We just got off the phone with our doctor and I have to say omg I LOVE him! He is totally willing to work with us and do whatever we want.

He said he is putting me on the "high responder" protocol, and I think he said 25? I'm not sure exactly what that means yet. He also said I can choose any medication I want if I have a preferance! He thinks they're all basically the same and I really love having that freedom to choose if I learn something that makes it important to me.

So does anyone have any advice? On medications or on anything else I guess. I'm going to read all the posts right now to catch up too.

edited: oh I forgot to mention, I am 30, have hashimoto's hypothyroid which is well managed, and a little overweight. Otherwise as far as I know I'm perfectly healthy and fertile. We need IVF with ICSI for severe male factor infertility.

#240 ·
elcome Airmide! There is a July IVF thread started, so please come on over and join us there. I too stopped research once I was with the doctor. It's just too stressful for me so right now I'm just trusting. I think the 25 refers to dosage. I'm starting at 75, which is still really low since I have PCOS and could easily overrespond. Some women use up to 300. Anyway, no advice on meds since this is my first time and I'm still learning.

#242 ·
Hey All - wow did I miss a LOT last week when I didn't get to check (on vaca and just trying to relax and forget about everything, even though I was on shots)

I wanted to say that Aly you are in my prayers for sticky beans.

Jo - I didn't see any news from you since I read this earlier today, but I wanted to say that I hope everything is OK and that you are in my thoughts... I'm praying that all worked out and that one guy did what was needed.

I started my stims on Friday, so here's to crazy hormonal me!!

#243 ·
hey everyone! Thanks so much for the replies to my questions! That was super helpful and I think DH and I understand what will be involved timing-wise (as much as we can right now!). I'm hoping we won't have to go to IVF but I want to be prepared if we do.

I've been reading all your posts, and I wanted to say that I think you are all amazing and strong! And I really hope that all the IVFs are successful. I have been thinking about all your stories, about what you've been through. IF is a tough journey, no doubt about it. Big huge hugs all around!

#244 ·
I just got two lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally a BFP! I'm not quite sure what to do with myself right now!! EEEKK!!

#249 ·
Well, I spoke too soon!

Guess I don't need more testing anyway!

I'm PREGNANT after 9 months (how fitting)!

I just want to thank you ladies for being so kind to me, even though I just started posting in this area. I wish you all the best luck in the world! Just when I had given up, it happened, so please don't lose hope! I never believed it when people told me that, but it's so true.

#251 ·
Hi All,
I am usually a lurker, but I'm desperate for some advice.

Possible Preg Mentioned.

I am 7 dpt and I have a positive pregnancy test. Could this be leftover Hcg in my system or an actual positive? Help! Has anyone else ever gotten a positive or false positive 7dpt?

-Dana

#252 ·
Dana, I believe the trigger shot HCG can stay in your system for 10 days. If you're 7 days post transfer, your probably more than 10 days post trigger shot?

When is your beta scheduled for? I hope this is early good news!
:
:

#253 ·
danababy: I got my first faint BFP's at 7dp3dt I say to test again tomorrow and see if it gets darker. Do you know how much HCG you took 5,000 or 10,000 units??? I thinkg congrats are in order

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.