JUNE 2008 IVF Cyclers!!!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 279 Old 06-14-2008, 02:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedlings View Post
Oh I will completely back you up on this one. I wish someone had told me how constipated I would get after my er. Way tmi coming - I thought I was going to pass out on the potty it was sooooo aweful. Ladies keep up on the fiber and water believe us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post
Yep - here too! Good times! (the 3L of Gatorade kinda sorta helped... but not enough!)
WTH? I thought it was just me and I was just sharing on the off chance that someone else would have the same issue. But no, it is one of those things that "they" don't think to tell you. Off to eat some prunes now...

Really, again... be warned first timers. Bad bad bad experience.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#122 of 279 Old 06-15-2008, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah...the consitpation....ick....by the time I finally had a good bm I felt like I was giving birth!!!! (This is a very unsettling feeling when you are focused on keeping the enbryo in!!!!) definitely increase those fruits and veggies (and WATER!) while cycling......also...part of the discomofort is related to the doxycycline they have you take near/after transfer, so definitely have some activia yogurt or acidophilus milk or some sort of probiotic to replenish your gi tract and keep it healthy!!!!

Had my u/s yesterday.....best results EVER for a day 5 or 6 u/s!!! Had plenty of follies good sizes and the RE was really pleased...don't remember the numbers and I don't really care....I am just so happy they are good! (I usually have the RE threatening to cancel the cycle for understimming at this point.)

I really needed that boost of confindence....I had been having such anxiety over it all....now I am really looking forward to my appointment tomorrow!!!! (Another bw & us)

The only problem is I have been getting bad headaches in the afternoon/evening which I sometimes wonder is related to limiting caffeine....except that I've been on this same "dose" of caffeine since well before starting stims, and I only got these headaches after starting stims....and they are gradually getting worse....Hope I can make it through my last day of work tomorrow....my re says I can't take motrin for the pain...only tylenol...and if that doesn't work (which it doesn't) to call and he would order vicodin....while I have no problem with that they don't like the nurses on vicodin while at work. lol

Aly and Seed--how are the stims going now??? Any side effects like me with my h/a???? Any word on anticipated ER/ET dates yet??? Where is everyone else w/ their bcp's/lupron--any anticipated start dates for stims??

~jo
cd 6
follistim, menopur & antagon
doing acu, meditation & diet recs
next u/s & b/w Monday morning !
ER this weekend
#123 of 279 Old 06-15-2008, 12:34 PM

Jo - that's AWESOME news!!!! Yay for good follicles Bummer about the headaches. I think the reason they don't want you taking Motrin is because it's an NSAID and it does something to the prostaglandins which help mature the eggs as they're developing. I was talking about this with my acupuncturist last week and she mentioned that there's some study that found women who took NSAIDS didn't have as good egg quality. I guess there are prostaglandins in the fluid around the developing follicle that work some kind of magic. Hopefully you won't need the vicodin until you're done working

Lupron starts tomorrow

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#124 of 279 Old 06-15-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfufugirl View Post
Oh yeah...the consitpation....ick....by the time I finally had a good bm I felt like I was giving birth!!!! (This is a very unsettling feeling when you are focused on keeping the enbryo in!!!!) definitely increase those fruits and veggies (and WATER!) while cycling......also...part of the discomofort is related to the doxycycline they have you take near/after transfer, so definitely have some activia yogurt or acidophilus milk or some sort of probiotic to replenish your gi tract and keep it healthy!!!!

Had my u/s yesterday.....best results EVER for a day 5 or 6 u/s!!! Had plenty of follies good sizes and the RE was really pleased...don't remember the numbers and I don't really care....I am just so happy they are good! (I usually have the RE threatening to cancel the cycle for understimming at this point.)

I really needed that boost of confindence....I had been having such anxiety over it all....now I am really looking forward to my appointment tomorrow!!!! (Another bw & us)

The only problem is I have been getting bad headaches in the afternoon/evening which I sometimes wonder is related to limiting caffeine....except that I've been on this same "dose" of caffeine since well before starting stims, and I only got these headaches after starting stims....and they are gradually getting worse....Hope I can make it through my last day of work tomorrow....my re says I can't take motrin for the pain...only tylenol...and if that doesn't work (which it doesn't) to call and he would order vicodin....while I have no problem with that they don't like the nurses on vicodin while at work. lol

Aly and Seed--how are the stims going now??? Any side effects like me with my h/a???? Any word on anticipated ER/ET dates yet??? Where is everyone else w/ their bcp's/lupron--any anticipated start dates for stims??

~jo
cd 6
follistim, menopur & antagon
doing acu, meditation & diet recs
next u/s & b/w Monday morning !
ER this weekend
YAY for good eggs!!! I'll be having an u/s tomorrow at 7:30AM, so I'll be sure to update afterwards! I'm having no problem with the stims, only minor headaches but I think that is the Lupron. I guess my body is finally getting used to the repronex now because for the first few days it caused huge red welts on my stomach. I take it twice a day and over the last few days I have noticed that it is no longer giving me the welts. SO YAY!! I'm feeling a little bloated but besides that ALL IS GOOD over here!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#125 of 279 Old 06-15-2008, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Lisa--good luck with Lupron...have you done it before????

Aly--we will both have u/s updates tomorrow!!!! Good luck with yours and I will look for good news tomorrow! I hope to have a clearer idea of my ER date after tomorrow, too.

Ugh--if I am not complaining about one thing...its another....first, I am getting uncomfy early in my cycle and start worrying about how it will be the next week....and now....

Okay, so yesterday...(and pretty much every other day on stims) I have really been feeling my ovaries, and my u/s yesterday showed PLENTY of activity (re was really pleased--a FIRST for all of my cycles!) Anyway...I was definitely uncomfy yesterday, too....and today, I feel totally normal!!! Its sorta freaking me out....like I am so afraid my ovaries decided to take a vacation mid-cycle!!!!

Where are you ovaries????

~jo
day 5 of stims.....and waiting impatiently for next u/s....UGH!!!!
#126 of 279 Old 06-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
cycle and start worrying about how it will be the next week....and now....

Okay, so yesterday...(and pretty much every other day on stims) I have really been feeling my ovaries, and my u/s yesterday showed PLENTY of activity (re was really pleased--a FIRST for all of my cycles!) Anyway...I was definitely uncomfy yesterday, too....and today, I feel totally normal!!! Its sorta freaking me out....like I am so afraid my ovaries decided to take a vacation mid-cycle!!!!

~jo
day 5 of stims.....and waiting impatiently for next u/s....UGH!!!!
It seems likely that you are just used to it, the way you don't notice a smell after a while, what's the word for that? AND it sounds like you don't have to worry about OHSS (trying to help you count your blessings, is that annoying).

Well, I feel really stupid. I just really did the math for the first time and realized I should have taken the last two weeks of July off, not the first two weeks. Now that I've dropped that course and will be lounging around feeling bloated. I just stated BCP's on the 11th, so there's no way I'll be starting stims until at least the 10th of July. What to tell the boss, hmm.

Hope everyone is feeling good!

#127 of 279 Old 06-15-2008, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

just tell him there was a mix up in your reservations, and this is the only time you could get in. Not a lie!
#128 of 279 Old 06-15-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Lisa--good luck with Lupron...have you done it before????

I'm a Lupron virgin

Your ovaries are in your lower abdomen, one on either side. Your uterus is low and centrally located, just a smidge above your pubic bone (can vary depending on size, how many pregnancies you've had, etc.). Your fallopian tubes reach out to either side with your ovaries at the end. In the books they're up and to the side with the ovaries drooping off the ends. In real life, I'm sure it varies, but that gives you an idea.

#129 of 279 Old 06-15-2008, 11:03 PM

kungfufugirl Yeah for good u/s results! I'm glad you're stimming just as the dr likes to see!

Aly - Yeah for no major side effects. I hope all continues smoothly.

crazyrunningmama I completely understand the scheduling issues! I was originally told this whole process would take 6 weeks. Now, doing the math I realize the it's possible I won't have the beta test done until August. Ugh, that seem like forever away.

Thanks for the advice about the constipation. Although, I'm also on metformin, which has side effects that are the opposite of constipation. Maybe put the two together and I"ll be regular.

So, I've heard some mention of diet rec's. My doctor didn't give me any. Any suggestions? I'm obviously cutting alcohol and strictly limiting caffeine, which isn't a problem. Besides trying to eat healthy, I had no other plans.

Today is my last shot-free day. Tomorrow I start with the lupron and I think I quite the b/c pills on wed. Not looking forward to that af, as it's been almost 2 months since the last one. I never had af after the cancelled clomid cycle.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#130 of 279 Old 06-15-2008, 11:51 PM

I have the choice of shooting up in the morning or the evening. Those of you veterans - did you have a preference? If so, why?

I'm leaning towards doing it at night because it will be one less thing to do in the morning and I won't be pressed for time. Not sure if that means I'll be more prone to hot flash at night or not?

#131 of 279 Old 06-16-2008, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

When given a choice, I always choose late evening/night, b/c my schedule can be so hectic and irregular....and you are so right about the morning routine....I don't want to take the chance of forgetting it or taking it late, and at least I know I am always home and in bed at 10 pm, and so I have enlisted dh to prepare the shot and bring it to me at that time every night.....with a bit of ice cream as a treat for my sacrifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
I have the choice of shooting up in the morning or the evening. Those of you veterans - did you have a preference? If so, why?

I'm leaning towards doing it at night because it will be one less thing to do in the morning and I won't be pressed for time. Not sure if that means I'll be more prone to hot flash at night or not?
#132 of 279 Old 06-16-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
When given a choice, I always choose late evening/night, b/c my schedule can be so hectic and irregular....and you are so right about the morning routine....I don't want to take the chance of forgetting it or taking it late, and at least I know I am always home and in bed at 10 pm, and so I have enlisted dh to prepare the shot and bring it to me at that time every night.....with a bit of ice cream as a treat for my sacrifice
Love the ice cream idea. My dh and I were just discussing this today. We were instructed to take Lupron at night. However, we switch to morning lupron when we begin taking the stims at night and they are supposed to be ~12 hours apart. So, while I'd prefer to take the shot at 10pm, I won't be available to taking the stimming at 10am, so we are planing between 6:30 and 7pm for the evening dose and between 6:30 and 7am for the morning dose. I suppose I could still have ice cream at that time as well.

So, more questions...are any of you dealing with PCOS? I see you have stim doses of around 300, yet I will be taking only 75. That seems so little...

Also, I do have the PIO, but I also have Crinone gel and am instructed to use both after the retrieval. Anyone done that before? I had the Crinone with clomid cycles and never had trouble with ooze when I took it in the morning. Hopefully the PIO shots aren't too bad.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#133 of 279 Old 06-16-2008, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The Lupron's going pretty well. The last time I used Lupron I got these wicked headaches from it, which oddly they went away once I started the repronex. So far so good though, and I don't have the insane headaches. It tires me out a little bit, and I think that is is slowly starting to catch up with me now that I've taken 3 shots.... oh well, I'm OK with that!

I struggled with some consitpation as well, so lots of fiber definately helped me out...

Aly - I struggled really bad with HUGE red welts my first time around on Repronex... in case it helps (although I know you said it isn't as bad now) I always massaged the area for a little bit after taking the shot, and then within a few hours would put a heating pad on it for a bit.... that helped out a TON the second time around with Repronex... I still would get little red spots, but that was about it.

KFFG - I'm so glad that the follies are looking good so far!!!

LisaG - My RE actually wants me to take all my shots in the PM, that way when they do the u/s and b/w in the mornings they know they can switch me around with that days meds if necessary (which they tend to have to do with me!!).

Julia'sMom - they never told me to take them 12 hours apart, did they say why? (just being curious here)....

Well, I'm going to call the RE today and see if I can take my last BCP on Weds instead of Thurs and get in Sat morning for my baseline u/s so that we can still leave for vacation on Saturday... we'll see how that goes over...

I'm still thinking that the stims will start on the 26th for me - I can hardly wait!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#134 of 279 Old 06-16-2008, 11:13 AM

Well I just got back from this mornings ultrasound (today is day 6 of stims) and it looks like I have 18 eggs growing really well so far. The Dr will call me later and let me know how my E2 looks and give me my new dosages of meds.The nurse thinks they will be lowering it a little. I'll post again as soon as I hear from them. I'm off to lay down then at 1:30 I have a MASSAGE!! I'm sooooo excited!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#135 of 279 Old 06-16-2008, 01:40 PM

Yay Aly!! Nice job with the ovaries

hope4light - glad to hear you're doing well this time around on the Lupron. I'm hoping that I follow in your footsteps.

I'll shoot up tonight - that seemed to be the overall consensus. I'm so excited! I feel so incredibly lucky that we have this opportunity.

#136 of 279 Old 06-16-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post

So, I've heard some mention of diet rec's. My doctor didn't give me any. Any suggestions? I'm obviously cutting alcohol and strictly limiting caffeine, which isn't a problem. Besides trying to eat healthy, I had no other plans.
My accupuncturist says to cut out all coffee, even decaf. He said that caffeiene is bad, but also that the volatile oils in any form of coffee is bad for egg production. I am trying to eat a variety of fruit and veggies, hopefully hit all the vitamins, antioxidants etc.

#137 of 279 Old 06-16-2008, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

My acu also said increase fish and chicken, decrease red meat.

It was my acu that also said to slowly eliminate coffee, but when I got down to getting rid of the last cup, I got terrible migraines, so he said to keep the cup--the pain has a more detrimental effect than the coffee. He was also always very adamant about reducing the intake slowly...NOT cold turkey.

Well, u/s today showed my lining at a luscious 14 and some good follies in there.....RE says I am "right where I should be", but gosh I wish I had more follies....I always hear these other women boasting such high numbers and I feel so inadequate! Most importantly, I would like to have some embryos left over to freeze, b/c we've never had that option available to us.

We have also narrowed down ER to either Sunday or Monday. That means my beta is 3 weeks away....ACK! I know I am jumping ahead of myself....but I just can't help it!
#138 of 279 Old 06-16-2008, 07:34 PM

Well I was right they dropped my meds down to 150 iu of Gonal-F. They said my ovaries are responding REALLY well. My next Dr appt is also on Wed for another u/s and b/w. I am an IDIOT, I have been wondering all day what my E2 was and of course I forgot to ask her while I had her on the phone, so I'm going to call tomorrow and ask. Yah for both of us KFFG! They told me to expect a Sat or Sun ER

#139 of 279 Old 06-16-2008, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

cool Ali!!!!

I'm right there with ya---and will be getting the wand again on Wednesday

Looks like we'll be on bedrest & waiting it out together!!!!!

~jo
#140 of 279 Old 06-17-2008, 01:01 AM

Hi everyone!

Sorry I have been mia. Our computer has been on the fritz. My cycle happened so fast. I only stimed for 7 days, it seems like last time was much longer. I had my er today and will find out the fertilization tomorrow . Then my et is on Thursday. I am praying that my embies are growing and splitting perfectly. I really need some high quality embies this time. My age is working against me so I hope everything else falls into place for us.

Kungfugirl - Fantastic news about all of your follies. Sometimes on Follistim I would get unbearable headaches. So I feel your pain. Hope your feeling better.

Aly22681 - What a relief to hear that everything is working. You are doing excellent!

Lisag - How are you feeling after your shot? How great to hear that you vacation in Door County! We love it so much. I have a sister who lives there and my Uncle has a farm there so it means a lot to us to be there. Some day when I am rich and famous I will buy my house on Washington Island (ha ha). We laugh about the wine tasting where we think cherry wine is fabulous. Then when we get home were like ugh what were we thinking.

Julia'sMom - I do not have pcos, so I only know a little about it. Last I started at 225 of follistim then in a couple of days was dropped to 150. It was just to much, there were dominate follies and my e2 was high. So this cycle I have been on 150 and stimed for a shorter time. I am praying for higher quality eggs this time. Maybe with pcos it is better to start slower and increase the meds when they see you #'s. I am also not sure of doing both pio and crinone. I just sarted the pio shots today after my er. I do know the gel get there quicker but is not accurately measured on a blood test. Just not sure why both?

crazyrunningmama, hope4light - Glad to hear everything is going well.

If I can I'll post my fertilization report tomorrow! Good luck to us all
#141 of 279 Old 06-17-2008, 07:54 AM

Seedlings - how exciting! Can't wait for your fertilization report. Sending lots of positive vibes your way Ah yes, cherry wine - I was never old enough when we were up there to have more than just a teeny sip of my parents.

Kungfufugirl - just curious about the fish recommendation by your acupuncturist. I've heard other places that women who are pregnant or ttc should avoid/greatly reduce consumption of fish because of the contaminants in it (especially mercury and PCBs)? I take fish oil so I get the benefits of fish without the crud - apparently they can check it and make sure it's "clean"

Last night's shot was anticlimatic - guess that's a good thing After the giant needles of PIO, the Lupron needles are a piece o' cake.

#142 of 279 Old 06-17-2008, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Seedlings - I am so glad to hear that everything is going well! : that you will have lots of eggies fertilize and then they will be sticky beans! I remember what all you've been through, and I will be so happy when you get that BFP!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#143 of 279 Old 06-17-2008, 09:57 AM

Seedlings - : for that fertilization report. Wow, 7 days of stimming does sound short.

Aly & Jo - Good luck with the upcoming ER's! It's hard to realized that we are all getting so close.

LisaG - My lupron shot last night was also anticlimatic. It helped that the timing worked that I had to take it during dinner preparations, so there really wasn't much time to worry about it or stall. It was just a quick jab and go. However, I did feel side effects pretty soon as I developed a headache and felt dizzy for the next hour or so. 2 more days of bcp and then on June 30th I have a appt prior to stimming.

It looks like a July IVF thread has been started. I'll probably post there since that's more my time frame, but I'll definately keep watching this thread to see how it turns out.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#144 of 279 Old 06-17-2008, 12:00 PM

Seedlings, yay for being done with ER! I can't wait to hear your fert report tomorrow! Good Luck!!

#145 of 279 Old 06-17-2008, 09:21 PM

Here it is my fertilization report......

Retrived 8

5 mature

3 fertilized

Praying, Praying, Praying that this is my miracle cycle. It only takes one so I believe in my embies! I know those three are growing and dividing like the miracles that they are. Praying that my re also knew what he was doing this cycle too .
#146 of 279 Old 06-17-2008, 09:49 PM

Seedlings - sending lots of supportive vibes to you and your embies!

#147 of 279 Old 06-17-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
Seedlings - sending lots of supportive vibes to you and your embies!

Thank you so very much. From the best part of my heart
#148 of 279 Old 06-17-2008, 10:44 PM

Seedlings - Yeah for positive thoughts and for those miraculous and strong embies. May they multiple and divide until they're ready to find a home in you.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#149 of 279 Old 06-18-2008, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

We almost had a REALLY BIG PROBLEM.....no....I almost went postal in my kitchen a while ago....dh was drawing up all my meds....the follistim, the menopur, and the antagon.....well....EXCEPT the antagon! He couldn't find it....we searched for almost an hour and we thought he threw it all away by accident....OMFG!!!! Antagon....the one that prevents ovulation.....and it was almost 10 pm and do you think we would have been able to get a dose tonight?????? It's amazing I didn't blow up the kitchen.....I mean really. THANK GOD we found it in a cabinet we rarely use!!!! yep.....BIG DRAMA at my house tonight.......I need a drink....on no wait...can't have that....crap.....I guess I'll listen to some meditation then

personals later....all this to do has done me in......................
#150 of 279 Old 06-18-2008, 08:23 AM

kungfufugirl - - that would've put me over the edge too. Hope you were able to calm down and get some sleep after all of that.

I'm slightly panicked that dh forgot his antibiotic this morning. Not sure how big of a deal to make of it. I'm going to call the pharmacist as soon as they open.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page