Mothering Forum banner

JUNE 2008 IVF Cyclers!!!!!

12K views 278 replies 26 participants last post by  Seedlings 
#1 ·
Hey All!!! My name is JoAnne, and I am 37....will be 38 in July......tick tick tick tick! I will be starting my third IVF cycle in June! I am looking for other MDC ladies to share the fun

We are TTC #2 ---well sorta.....I have a 15 yo from a previous marriage, but currently dh and I suffer severe MFI, and so have no other choice but IVF w. ICSI.....but got our dd from IVF #1.....IVF #2 for a sib failed, but I was under WAY too much stress and exercising too much. Also didn't keep up with the acu and diet recs.....now I've already started acu a month ago and will transfer in the latter part of June.

~jo
37 yo, severe MFI, and eggs getting "old" IVF #3
IVF#1=dd, 15 mo old, IVF #2 BFN
15 yo ds from previous marriage

See less See more
#204 ·
My eggs really suck. Out of the 9 they retrieved, only 4 were mature, and only 2 fertilized....I doubt we'll have any to transfer come Thursday.

At least dh's sperm sucks just as much, so I am not in this alone...lol

Sorry no personals...I'm gonna crawl into a hole for the next few days and stay there............

#208 ·
kfg - Keep seeing your two embies as growing and thriving. Staying in a positive place is really important to one's self. We ivfers put ourselves thru so much.

Please be good to yourself. I completely understand wanting to crawl into a hole for the next few days but bring some ice cream and cookies. Praying for your embies.

Aly - Hope your feeling better. Praying that your embies are also thriving and dividing. kup'd on the fertility report.

#209 ·
Ok the Fert report is in...
Of the 19 eggs they got 17 of them were mature and 11 of them fertilized. They will be deciding tomorrow if its going to be a 3 or 5 day transfer. However I'm thinking it will be a day 3. DH and I are both really happy with these results.

#212 ·
Well, they check on the embies every morning and would call to cancel if they were no longer thriving, and they did NOT call--so we are still in the running!

I have been doing a lot of meditation, and had an acu appt today and have a renewed sense of hope, as well as feeling of connectedness to my little struggling embies in that lab so far away. It's weird, but I have this desperate desire to be reconnected to them. Maybe an odd side effect of the meditation/guided imagery....or something more???? We can only HOPE.....and pray
:

<<deep sigh>>

Thank you all ladies for your support and kind words....it has been like a life preserver to me during this time!

~jo

#213 ·
Oh Jo - I don't think that's weird at all. They're a part of you and dh! I'm so glad you've been taking such good care of yourself. Sending lots of love to you and your embies. I am so, so grateful to science and technology for all of this and yet even with all that is known there is so much that is unknown and sometimes the very best, miraculous things happen out of what may not look the best from the outside.

#214 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
Ok the Fert report is in...
Of the 19 eggs they got 17 of them were mature and 11 of them fertilized. They will be deciding tomorrow if its going to be a 3 or 5 day transfer. However I'm thinking it will be a day 3. DH and I are both really happy with these results.

Aly ~ That is great news. Praying that your embies are growing and dividing.

#215 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kungfufugirl View Post
Well, they check on the embies every morning and would call to cancel if they were no longer thriving, and they did NOT call--so we are still in the running!

I have been doing a lot of meditation, and had an acu appt today and have a renewed sense of hope, as well as feeling of connectedness to my little struggling embies in that lab so far away. It's weird, but I have this desperate desire to be reconnected to them. Maybe an odd side effect of the meditation/guided imagery....or something more???? We can only HOPE.....and pray
:

<<deep sigh>>

Thank you all ladies for your support and kind words....it has been like a life preserver to me during this time!

~jo

Kfg ~ You sound so good. What a great place to be for you et. You and your embies will be together. Is your et today? If it is good luck!

#216 ·
I just got the word, I still have 9 good embies left, and Dr. P wants to go ahead and do a 3 day transfer tomorrow. I'm trying to talk him into 3 but he really only wants to put 2 back in. I'm only 27 and pretty healthy, can any of you think of a good argument for me to talk him into 3. I'm going to ask him to put 2 of the best embies back in, and then one of the lower grades that probably wont make it to freeze anyway. I dont know, I'll be happy with 2 or 3 honestly!

#218 ·
Well...I still haven't been cancelled, so I am still in for a transfer tomorrow!! I am so happy and quite surprised that I haven't been cancelled already! Grow little embies grow!

Aly--even at my age (38), my RE wanted to only put back 2 if they were high quality....he said he would only put back 3 if they were less quality.....but I think the idea of having him throw in one of the ones that would not likely survive the freeze.....its a great idea to give that one a chance it wouldn't have any other way, too. Looks like we will both have ET tomorrow!!!!

My clinic does 4dt, they say because the extra day (instead of 3dt) gives us time to weed out those that are not compatible with life, but they say they see no extra benefit in going to day 5, and that at that point its just best to put them back where they belong.....its the first I've heard that do day 4....everywhere else does day 3 or 5.

Coco & Sri--welcome and gl with your upcoming cycles!!!

Lisa-How is Lupron treating you? When will your ER be?

Seeds-how are you handling the 2ww? Staying busy? Working? How many days left until beta? Did you ever go to that concert?

Julia's-hooray for af showing on time! Did you start stims???

DM--How are things??? What is the latest plan?

Rockies--Hey I just noticed you've been on this board a while....and 5 kids! wow! Is this your first IVF? for why? I am also a CBE and CD....and I am taking the IBCLC exam this summer!

Thank you so much everyone
for all your support, prayers, and good wishes.....it has helped IMMENSELY, and although I don't respond to each one, I read them all often with tears of comfort/joy in my eyes.

#219 ·
Quote:

Well...I still haven't been cancelled, so I am still in for a transfer tomorrow!! I am so happy and quite surprised that I haven't been cancelled already! Grow little embies grow!

Julia's-hooray for af showing on time! Did you start stims???

Hooray for those tough, spunky embies!! I'll be praying for you!

I have my pre-stim us and bw on Monday. Then we set the date for stimming. I wish it were here already. AF is almost gone and the lupron goes on. . .

#221 ·
Thanks ladies....thank you sooo much!!!

While I do have this fear that I will walk in there tomorrow and they'll take me in the consultation room and sit me down and tell me there will be no transfer, I am still overjoyed in knowing they have been checking them and have not cancelled yet, and so I am going with that!!! Keep hoping and praying that my dynamic duo makes it to transfer and settles in all warm and comfy!!!!!

~jo

#223 ·
I DID IT!!!

I some how managed to talk Dr P into transfering 3 embies this morning. We transfered 3 8 cell grade 1A little ones. I thought for sure he was going to do 2 good ones and a slacker 4 cell, but nope he decided to do the 3 perfect 8 cells. I am sooooooooo excited. The embryologist helped me talk him into it, I'm tall (5'10") so they decided together that I could handle 3 even if all of them took. The only thing that sucked is that when we got there, they told us that we needed assisted hatching. The "shell" (I cant remember the proper name for it) was really thick on our embies so they needed a little help breaking out. That cost an extra $750 but in the scheme of things thats not really all that much. Dr P gave us a 25% chance of trips, 50% of twins, and 75-80% of a singleton. UGH, Let the TWW begin!!

#224 ·
Congrats Aly--that's awesome news for you!

no transfer today....they called to say there is only one left but it is only 7 cell, but with no abruption or fragmentation, so they want to give it one more day to get to 8 cells and if it survives that then transfer tomorrow...

omg--what a roller coaster!

ps--i got the call right after settling into my meditation in the middle of an acu treatment....grrrrrrr

#225 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
I DID IT!!!

I some how managed to talk Dr P into transfering 3 embies this morning. We transfered 3 8 cell grade 1A little ones. I thought for sure he was going to do 2 good ones and a slacker 4 cell, but nope he decided to do the 3 perfect 8 cells. I am sooooooooo excited. The embryologist helped me talk him into it, I'm tall (5'10") so they decided together that I could handle 3 even if all of them took. The only thing that sucked is that when we got there, they told us that we needed assisted hatching. The "shell" (I cant remember the proper name for it) was really thick on our embies so they needed a little help breaking out. That cost an extra $750 but in the scheme of things thats not really all that much. Dr P gave us a 25% chance of trips, 50% of twins, and 75-80% of a singleton. UGH, Let the TWW begin!!
congrats, Aly. Crossing my fingers for ya!

#226 ·
Quote:

no transfer today....they called to say there is only one left but it is only 7 cell, but with no abruption or fragmentation, so they want to give it one more day to get to 8 cells and if it survives that then transfer tomorrow...

omg--what a roller coaster!

ps--i got the call right after settling into my meditation in the middle of an acu treatment....grrrrrrr

Oh geez.
: still hanging on for you Jo
: may that one li' embie be the one.

#227 ·
Quote:

I'll be praying for you and that little embie. . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.