May IUIs! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 194 Old 05-21-2008, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMome View Post
I'm hijacking, but Clomid will raise your temps and make OPK's look positive, or close to it. Mine looked almost positive the day after I stopped Clomid, but I didn't o that cycle.
Okay thanks, this really helps! Last month my temps were high when I was taking the Clomid but they came back down when I stopped, so it threw me for a loop.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 194 Old 05-21-2008, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

poetgirl, sorry about your ordeal! That sucks. I haven't heard about this side effect of clomid, so I can't really help. but... I'm giving my 2c anyway!
I wouldn't really expect clomid to delay your ovulation, and since you have ovulated so early in the past, I think it's possible you ovulated early this time too. Clomid is just an estrogen mimic, I think. I wouldn't think it could delay your LH surge... hmmm. keep us posted on what your docs say, and good luck! At least your BD timing wasn't all bad!
Oh, I just remembered that I got EWCM on day 2 of clomid... but then none after that until yesterday. ?

Livy'smom, sorry the prog is taking such a toll on you. hang in there! It is worth it, once you get your BFP! And as for seeing the babies this weekend, I think we can all relate. I have the same kind of sweet melancholy when I see pregnant women or new babies. It's a similar kind of feeling to when I see flowering trees in the spring - they are so beautiful, but temporary, and somehow I feel this terrible beautiful sadness.

frog, so exciting! Good luck with the shot and the IUI! Is the 36 hours exactly between the two on purpose, or is that just what you could schedule? I'm always so worried we're getting the timing just slightly off so my egg is gone or something. How do they determine these things?? I've read that you ovulate 24-48 hours after hCG trigger shot... does anyone here know more?

how's everyone else doing? any updates?

I'm in the TWW now, since we had our 2nd IUI this morning. I had the craziest ovulation "pains" yesterday - all day a low achy swollen feeling ON BOTH SIDES!!! So now we're hoping for twins! They said my dominant follicle was on the right, but there was also a nice big one on the left. DH samples were 50mil yesterday and 30mil today, pretty good I think! (but about the same as last cycle, which failed). I'm a little worried about testing since I got the hCG trigger shot, so I basically have no choice but just wait and take my temps. Ug. I've never seen a BFP, and I'd hate to see my first one and it just be the stupid trigger shot still hanging around.

sorry this got so long!
#63 of 194 Old 05-21-2008, 08:31 PM
DLT

Hi everyone,

Biomama, : for your 2WW! If you have 2 good follicles, here's hoping at least one takes!!

My Update: I went to the clinic this morning where they explained how to use the injections. I was SHAKING but now I'm fine. So my first one I'll do tonight. I'm taking 75 Gonal-F and going for my first blood on Tuesday.
#64 of 194 Old 05-21-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT View Post
Hi everyone,

Biomama, : for your 2WW! If you have 2 good follicles, here's hoping at least one takes!!

My Update: I went to the clinic this morning where they explained how to use the injections. I was SHAKING but now I'm fine. So my first one I'll do tonight. I'm taking 75 Gonal-F and going for my first blood on Tuesday.
GL DLT! I'm sure the first inject. are a bit tenuous but you can do it! May they serve your body just right!

Yeah Biomama for 2 follies and 2 IUI's!
Thanks for your reply also about my surge wait. I'm thinking now though that I didn't O yet for two reasons: 1.)When you said your ovul. was painful, you reminded me that mine (esp. on clomid) has lots of sensation and I haven't felt that yet at all. 2.)this afternoon's opk is darker than this morning's, so maybe it's going to gradually darken from here.
Time will tell. I wish this part weren't so elusive.

Frog, 3 Cheers for your trigger tonight. I'm really rooting for you!

Livy's Mom, I don't always struggle with the prometrium, but this month, it about did me in. Hugs to you. It's hard to feel so not yourself for so many days each month. GL to you!

How's everyone else?

#65 of 194 Old 05-21-2008, 10:40 PM
DLT

[QUOTE=poetgirl;11281995]GL DLT! I'm sure the first inject. are a bit tenuous but you can do it! May they serve your body just right!
QUOTE]

Thanks poetgirl. I'm a little anxious but I guess I just have to get the hang of it. Here's hoping I only have to do it for one cycle...
#66 of 194 Old 05-21-2008, 11:59 PM

hi everyone! wow, a lot is going on!

poetgirl, i will be thinking about you and hoping that your surge comes soon. i think you are right that you haven't surged yet. keep us posted!

biomama - i'm glad your IUI went well. welcome to the 2ww!

Welcome DLT! Let us know how the injectibles are going. If I don't get a BFP this cycle, I know my Dr. will suggest moving on to injectibles.

Frog - good luck with the IUI! How did it go giving yourself a trigger shot? Every month the nurses tell me they are going to teach me how to do it myself but so far I haven't.

As for me, I am 8dpiui. I haven't really felt any pg signs. I am trying not to get anxious during the 2ww, like I ususally do. So far so good!

BTW, have any of you used the baby psychic cherry22? http://cheri22.com/ would you guys? i saw another post on mdc and it seemed like some people had success with her. i thought it was interesting...

Baby dust to all...
#67 of 194 Old 05-22-2008, 11:19 PM

Well, day 14, no surge, temp at 98. I'm going tomorrow for an u/s. Praying the ovaries are still follicle-ready.

Good Luck to everyone at all your various stages of pre and post IUI.

#68 of 194 Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post
Frog - good luck with the IUI! How did it go giving yourself a trigger shot? Every month the nurses tell me they are going to teach me how to do it myself but so far I haven't.
Easy peasy--turtle stuck me.
#69 of 194 Old 05-23-2008, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

good luck poetgirl! let us know what happens... I'll be thinking about you!

snowbell, hang in there! The end of the TWW is the hardest...

I'm just starting TWW, 3dpo... got my FF crosshairs though! that's always nice to see. I know they don't come so easy for lots of girls.
#70 of 194 Old 05-23-2008, 12:02 PM

We're all set and starting the 2WW. The IUI went beautifully!
#71 of 194 Old 05-23-2008, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
We're all set and starting the 2WW. The IUI went beautifully!
yay! glad the IUI went well. see you in the TWW thread!
#72 of 194 Old 05-23-2008, 02:38 PM

So were at the end of our first week of our 2WW...

We had blood work done yesterday to get our progesterone level..

Today we received a call that it was 22.4 which is much higher than last month. Last month it was only 12.4. So now we have one week of waiting left *sigh*

We triggered last Wednesday and we had IUI done last Thursday and Friday..

Good luck to everyone...

Lots of baby dust to all...
#73 of 194 Old 05-23-2008, 05:49 PM

GL Everyone.

I am in a very sad state, knocked down once again. Just got back from the doctor. So they did a $300 ultrasound today and I had one follicle on the left that was too big to be triggered (26 mm) and for some reason never released on its own. On the right was a 30mm cyst that appears to be filled with something suspicious and now I have to have a full u/s in the radiology dept. to investigate it. It wasn't there 2 mths. ago. So the whole cycle is cancelled basically. I don't know the answers to any of this. I feel trapped in the wrong narrative, but I have to come to terms with what is. Didn't help that there were three preg. teenagers on the bus home, and a teen mom hitting her kid.
Guess I'll just : for a while. This is try # 19 and I've never missed my ovulation once.

#74 of 194 Old 05-23-2008, 11:05 PM

Oh, poet.
#75 of 194 Old 05-24-2008, 02:32 AM
DLT

Poetgirl sorry to hear your follicle didn't release on it's own and sorry about the cyst. You have a lot of support from all of us here.

sstapp Great news! Hope you can remain sane waiting one more week but it sounds promising....

My Update So on Thursday night I had to give myself my first Gonal-F injection and to be perfectly honest, I am a baby when it comes to needles, but this was such a breeze. It wasn't painful, and it was just a matter of doing exactly what the nurses told me to do, and remain calm. S

So I'm relieved I got that out of the way. Going for blood test on Tuesday morning to see what's happening.
#76 of 194 Old 05-24-2008, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

DLT, congrats on doing the injection! That's great that it wasn't as bad as you thought it'd be. TTC gets us to do lots of things I didn't think I'd do - like stick my finger up to feel my cervix every day! ah, the things we get used to.

sstapp, yay for high progesterone! that's great. now let's just hope it stays high!

poet, another big hug for you.

for me, nothing to report except I'm waiting and pretty impatient. 10 days left.

enjoy the weekend everyone!
#77 of 194 Old 05-24-2008, 01:15 PM

poetgirl,

DLT, congrats on giving yourself the injection! I'm proud of you!

i am 11dpo and there is no sign of af but my temp dropped from 98.4 to
97.9. this can't be a good sign, right? this is my first month to really try temping, so i don't really know all the ins and outs of it.
#78 of 194 Old 05-26-2008, 12:32 AM
DLT

Yeah, it's amazing what we'll do to our bodies I'm going for my first blood test tomorrow morning to see how things are going.

snowbell sorry, I've never temp'd so can't help there.
#79 of 194 Old 05-26-2008, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post
i am 11dpo and there is no sign of af but my temp dropped from 98.4 to
97.9. this can't be a good sign, right? this is my first month to really try temping, so i don't really know all the ins and outs of it.
Snowbell, why isn't your chart posted??? I was going to chart-stalk! I hope your temp bounced back today...
what is your coverline? if 97.9 is still above coverline, or if it comes back up today, I'd say there is still hope... but, in my experience, a temp drop tells me that AF is showing up that day. I hope not for you!

I'm 6dpo and going a little bit crazy. I'm hoping for some implantation signs soon, but I've been fooled before and feel a little silly about it. I once spent an entire Saturday on the couch I was so tired, and DH and I were convinced it was from implantation. Then 6 days later, AF showed. Another time I was convinced I had an implantation dip in my chart, but obviously not - probably just low progesterone. Oh well....

how's everyone else?
#80 of 194 Old 05-26-2008, 04:10 PM

I'm checking in. I wasn't sure if I'd make it in this may thread, but I am only one day off from DLT, one day ahead actually. For some crazy reason (denial, maybe?) I can't remember what cycle day I'm on or what day my period started. lol I'm sick of knowing that useless info.

I'm doing a cycle of gonal-f (225iu's), trigger, and double iui. I had my second u/s today after five days on gonal-f and things looked really good (much better than my last cycle where I only ended up with two eggs big enough to go). My biggies were 14,13,13,12, and 11 mm. The NP thought I had a chance of ending up with 4 or even 5 of them being in play. If things go on the same schedule as last time, I think my first iui will probably be thursday or friday.

I just read this whole thread and I was hoping to see some BFP's by the end. Maybe in the next few days.

Poetgirl, I'm so sorry! That's really disappointing.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#81 of 194 Old 05-26-2008, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome rubidoux! Thanks for reading through the thread, and I hope we will see some BFPs soon too! I have to wait another week before I know... stupid trigger shot is forcing me to hold off testing until AF is late.
Glad that you have so many candidate eggies! I hope the IUI goes well and you get your BFP!

poetgirl, how are you holding up? We're all thinking about you

DLT, good luck tomorrow for your blood tests! What are they going to look at? Are you getting an U/S too?

Tomorrow I go for my 7dpo progesterone, but I think it will be fine since my temps are well above my coverline.

How is everyone else?
#82 of 194 Old 05-26-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomama View Post
poetgirl, how are you holding up? We're all thinking about you
Thanks Biomama, and Everyone for the well-wishes, hugs and sorrys. This one was a toughie for me, esp. if they had given me the darn u/s when I asked, we could have triggered the follie. But here's the conundrum as of late, I kept temping and darnit if I didn't have a temp shift that stuck thata would have been in line w/ Oing day 10. Morning 9 is when I had the nearly pos. Answer test. Then I thought about how the nurse said ultimately she couldn't really tell if I O'd or not, it just looked like I didn't because the follicle edges were clear. Then yesterday which would be 7 dpo in this "maybe I did O" scenario, my breasts started hurting as they do when I O.
Can you have a temp shift and not O?
I guess we'll see what the mystery follie looks like tomorrow.

GL Biomama on your 7 dpo test and Snowbell, what happened to your temp? Even though its on the late side, could have been an implant dip.

Rooting for everyone!
and hopes for BFPS here this month!

#83 of 194 Old 05-26-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Can you have a temp shift and not O?
I've been lurking on this thread, but since my cycle was all screwed up I didn't get do do anything in May.

Anyway, I can answer this question: yes. It happens to me all the bleepin' time, unfortunately. I wonder if sometimes an egg is actually released, but that it was of poor quality (low estrogen levels before temp shift, not great progesterone levels after temp shift). Even in my long cycles, which I say are anovulatory (based on length and ultrasounds showing no follicle growth and many many negative opks), I ALWAYS eventually have a temp shift, followed by my usual-length luteal phase. Gets rather confusing and frustrating. Many hugs to you during this rollercoaster.
#84 of 194 Old 05-26-2008, 07:55 PM
DLT

I went for my blood test to day just for them to see how my hormone levels are going, and then they will tell me when I need to come back for my first u/s to see how many follies there are - hopefully 1-2 leading ones...

It could be tomorrow or Thursday.

rubidoux I'm glad we're close in our cycles. You can give me the heads up on what's coming for me :-)
#85 of 194 Old 05-26-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomama View Post
Snowbell, why isn't your chart posted??? I was going to chart-stalk! I hope your temp bounced back today...
what is your coverline? if 97.9 is still above coverline, or if it comes back up today, I'd say there is still hope... but, in my experience, a temp drop tells me that AF is showing up that day. I hope not for you!
biomama, i want to post my chart but i don't know how. if you can tell me how to do it, i'll post it. so my temp shifted up to 98.4 and then this morning it plummeted to 97.7. it's still above coverline (97.0) but i began spotting today. so i'm pretty sure tomorrow will be cd1. suprisingly i am okay. i am going into a non-medicated cycle and actually looking forward to it. i am going to spend my time focusing on acupuncture, acupressure, herbs, yoga and diet. so, i won't be on the iui board for june but i will be lurking and rooting everyone on. hopefully though this month brings lots of BFPs!!!! GOOD LUCK to everyone!
#86 of 194 Old 05-27-2008, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

stolen from texaspeach (thanks!)
"on your main fertility friend page, look on the left side and mouse over the button that says "SHARING" a menu will come up with several options, click on "HOME PAGE SETUP"

when you're there, you'll see a box labeled "Your Charting Home Page Web Address:"

copy the url in the box - that is your chart web address"

snowbell, sorry about the spotting... though your attitude is great! Sounds like a good plan to focus on those things.
#87 of 194 Old 05-27-2008, 11:06 AM

thanks biomama! i'm going to set that up later today.

so, i'm definitely out. my spotting became bleeding yesterday, so i am now on cd2.

i hope you're doing okay poetgirl.

peppermint poppies, how are you doing?
#88 of 194 Old 05-27-2008, 12:01 PM

Poet- I am so sorry for you! I hope everything works itself out for you.

GL to everyone in the TWW. We need some BFP's for the month!

We are gearing up for our second IUI, forcasted for friday the 30th. I'm on double the amount of clomid from last month and had a total emotional freak-out on sunday. But everything is fine now.

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#89 of 194 Old 05-27-2008, 07:23 PM
DLT

Snowbell Sorry that AF arrived.

I have to go back for more blood tests on Friday and then I'm sure I'll have an U/S over the weekend.

How is everyone else doing?

Good luck to all on 2WW
#90 of 194 Old 05-28-2008, 09:23 AM

Kim, sorry to hear about the meltdown. That's, by far, my least favorite part of this process.

AFM, I'm just hanging around, eating pineapple. :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page