May IUIs! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2008, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DLT, I am pretty sure they did go back to the same size after. I did gain 7 pounds during that cycle, though. So I'm not totally sure. Anyone else gain weight from all the hormones? And no, I'm not taking any hcg shots during the 2ww. Are you taking progesterone, too?

SSTAPP, Yay for another line!!! And I'd think the blue veins would be a good sign. I don't think I got them until much later in my pregnancy, but it just seems like there must be something going on.

So, today I start the progesterone. Blah! lol My beta is scheduled for 6/13. We are leaving two days later for five weeks, which is not ideal either way. No time to sit around feeling sorry for myself and no time to celebrate.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
frog, what cd are you on?
I'm 9DPO today.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:25 PM

sstapp, you are SO knocked up.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:27 PM
DLT

rubidoux I feel I have put on some weight the past couple of weeks, but I have also been eating badly.... not sure if it's psychological or from the hormones.

I'm only taking Gonal-F and then the Pregnyl. No other meds.

I'll find out this afternoon whether IUI is scheduled for tomorrow or Wed. I'm getting quite excited about it.

SSTAP - holding thumbs for you. It's sounding good

biomama - hope you're also going to announce a BFP soon!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:50 PM
DLT

HI Ladies, why is everyone so quiet? No posts for the past day or so???

I went this morning back for my 2nd ultrasound and my one big follie is 19mm, so they'll let me know later today, but I think IUI will be scheduled for tomorrow, which means trigger shot tonight
Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbond04 View Post
poetgirl-did they not trigger you because of your cyst? because your follicle was 26mm. I had 2 bigger than yours and they triggered me.
Hi CBOND, They did not trigger me because my foll. was 26 mm--it is my fert. dept.'s practice to not trigger anything over 22 mm. Typically an egg should release when it's 18-22mm. Tey said that when it's bigger it may not be viable and they just would not do it. ??? However, please don't let that get you down...as we know, different RE's have totally diff. ways of looking at things and your follicles were probably just fine. Maybe it's food for thought if there's a next time--they might do the u/s eariler and give a trigger shot at 22 or perhaps they have a diff. way of looking at it. At any rate, you're in the 2WW and I wish you lots of !

YAHOO Livy's Mom!!! It sure is great to see some of us get BFPs!

: for Sstapp!!! And for FROG! (that circus boob comment really had me . Hope soon you have full-on carnival preg. bbs!

Biomama, I'm so sorry for the temp drop. Hang in there. Thinking of you.

As for me: I have got all kinds of weird stuff to process. First of all I started spotting today (which they said wouldn't happen for a few weeks). This corroborates with my feeling that I did actually ovulate this cycle on cd 9 or 10. Anyway, all the RE's got together to talk about me and they decided I should keep taking Clomid and not worry about the cysts. :
They didn't even want to do another u/s to see if they'd grown. So I arranged through my OB to have one on Wed. so she can measure them. If they got smaller, I'll consider it. If not, we're going au natural this month. I just can't see pputting my body through any more hurdles. I'm currently taking chinese herbs to help the cysts go down.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 06-02-2008, 11:50 PM
DLT

Hey Poet, I'm glad you've booked your own u/s to give you peace of mind about your decision. I know how stressful it is going through a month of Clomid, and it's not worthwhile if you know the cysts are growing. I hope they have gone down, so you can make the most of this cycle. :
Old 06-03-2008, 03:55 AM
DLT

My IUI has been confirmed for tomorrow morning. I'm really excited. :
Old 06-03-2008, 07:38 PM

Lets count not 1 not 2 but 3 positive hpt. Our doc is out on vacation this week I said of all weeks *sigh* but our nurse sent us yesterday for a blood test. We found out that we did achieve preg but our HCG level is pretty low at a 6. We have to return Thursday for more blood work to make sure that our levels are increasing to sustain preg. Then we will move from there...

We were worried that yesterday we experienced some bleeding and its still there.. Its defiantly not heavy like a normal period would be and is really light.

For now our nurse assumes were preg and said take it easy no lifting etc...

She was going to talk to the on call doctor and said if there is anything concerning to her then she will call us to come in and see her.

Were hoping that this is a sticky preg since we had all of the positive test...

I hope all of the others in the 2ww club is going well...

Baby dust to all....
Old 06-03-2008, 08:42 PM

We're done.

There's no pregnancy. This was our final attempt.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:56 PM

Hello everyone
sstap congradulations take it easy and I will be praying for you.
DLT good luck with your IUI and 2ww.
rubidoux, I to am taking progestorone and I feel your pain.
Biomama keeping my finger crossed for you.
Frog I'm so sorry to hear that this is it for you. You'll be in my prayers.

Nothing new with me just waiting until Thursday to have 1st ultrasound and see how many eggs took. I will let you all know.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

AF just showed up.
on to our third IUI cycle... starting to think there is something else wrong...
Old 06-03-2008, 09:10 PM

frog and biomama, I am so so sorry. :
Old 06-04-2008, 12:27 AM
DLT

sstapp - I'm hoping for you that it sticks! Good luck. :

frog - so sorry to hear that AF arrived. My thoughts are with you.

biomama - I was so hoping that you'd share a BFP with us. Good luck for your next IUI. Please keep us updated on how you progress.

I went in this morning for my IUI. Well firstly, I had my trigger last night. It was the most nerve wrecking experience - I'm not good with needles, so I got a bit freaked out. But the actual injection wasn't too bad.

My IUI took 2 nurses and a doctor to get it right, so it was uncomfortable and took about 30-40 mins. I was one of those 'difficult' patients. :

But I'm thrilled that it's done and now I'm in the 2ww. I also have to take pregnyl injections every 3 days for the next week to assist with the whole process.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:18 AM

I'm so sorry, frog. I know this may sound terrible if you're not feeling this way, but are you a little bit relieved? I feel like if even if doesn't work (and maybe even especially if it doesn't work) there will be a time, not long from now that I just want to move on -- whether that means an altogether different strategy for adding a child to our family or to decide not to pursue it at all. Sometimes I feel like I'm ready for healing and I can't do that as long as I'm still trying. I have not done alot of procedures (I'm only on my second IUI) but I've been ttc'ing for over four years.

Biomama, I'm sorry about AF arriving. I would be very frustrated, too, after two IUI's. I don't think it necessarily means something else is wrong, though. But more testing never hurts. We did some testing between our first and second IUI's that had surprising outcomes that it's good we know about, but the doctor didn't suggest it, we just said we wanted to do it.

Livy'smom, That's so cool that you'll know whether it is multiples so soon. I assumed we'd have to wait till we were like seven weeks or so. How many days past IUI will you be when you have the u/s?

SSTAPP, That sounds like awsome news! Congratulations, mama!

DLT, When are you doing your blood test? Mine's on the 13th. Still feels so far away. I have had five IUI's so far and one was a pita like you're talking about. The NP had a really hard time finding my cervix and getting a grip on it. Ugh. But all the other times have been really easy. So, I'm hoping, of course, that'll you'll never have one again, but if you do, it won't necessarily be so bad.

Is anyone else still in the 2WW or just me and DLT?

Old 06-04-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I'm so sorry, frog. I know this may sound terrible if you're not feeling this way, but are you a little bit relieved? I feel like if even if doesn't work (and maybe even especially if it doesn't work) there will be a time, not long from now that I just want to move on -- whether that means an altogether different strategy for adding a child to our family or to decide not to pursue it at all. Sometimes I feel like I'm ready for healing and I can't do that as long as I'm still trying. I have not done alot of procedures (I'm only on my second IUI) but I've been ttc'ing for over four years.
That doesn't sound terrible at all. It's good that we'd decided on an end point to all of this--the emotional, financial and physical tolls were not small (though the physical far less so, since we only did one medicated cycle). I'm not feeling relief just now, but I suspect I will.

Right now, I'm sad, angry and crampy as all hell. This is the worst period I've ever had, and I suspect it's because of the meds.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:13 AM

Rubidoux, I had my IUI on May 15th so I'll be 21 days past tomorrow. I think they are looking to see how many sacs are there. I had three good eggs this past IUI so I know there will be three or less. I'm just praying for one healthy one and if there is more it's just a blessing. Good luck on your 2ww. Hope everyone else is in good spirits
Old 06-04-2008, 11:25 AM

Frog- I'm so sorry. I wish I could say that there's always a chance it could work out for you without any intervention, but I know that in your case, that's probably not likely.

sstap- Hoping it's a sticky baby in there!

I'm in the TWW again. I had an IUI on 5/29, but didn't O until 5/31. Just worked out that I had 2 in the month of May this time.

K

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
Old 06-04-2008, 12:02 PM

congratulations sstapp and livysmom! i am so happy to see some BFP's this month!! keep us posted on the ultrasounds. wishing you two lots of health and happiness over the next 9 months!!

good luck DLT, rubidoux and EastbayK in the 2ww. i'll be rooting for y'all!

frog and biomama, lots of hugs. hang in there.

rubidoux, what other testing did you do? i'm "undiagnosed" so i'm interested in more testing to get a clearer picture of what's going on.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:56 PM

Hi girls...long time no see!

First of all, I'd like to offer huge s to frog & biomama. Hang in there.

Secondly, huge CONGRATS to Livy'sMom & SStapp! Woo-hoo for BFPs!

GL to those ladies in the 2WW. I'll be stalking your charts!

Poetgirl: I could have written your entire post. I'm a super-responder to Clomid as well. I produce insane amounts of mature follicles to a very low dose of Clomid (in March, I had 6 follies, in April, I had 5.) Obviously, my RE wouldn't allow us to go forward with an IUI either cycle seeing as how we had a very good chance of higher-order multiples. I went back for my baseline ultrasound in May and found that I had huge Clomid-induced cysts. So, I was forced to sit out May (Clomid-free...woo-hoo) as well. My cycles have been all wonky. I ovulated EVERY cycle as evidenced by CD 21 bloodwork despite being told that I wouldn't. Blah. I don't know who to trust anymore.

An update on me: currently CD 3. Going in for a baseline u/s and bloodwork on Friday AM to determine if the cysts have resolved themselves. If so, we're staying FAR away from Clomid and trying an unmedicated IUI. I'm trying not to get my hopes up...we're coming up on 11 months TTC #2 and we've had to sit out 5 LONG cycles. It's getting rather irritating.

Will update again on Friday pm.

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
Old 06-04-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastbayK View Post
Frog- I'm so sorry. I wish I could say that there's always a chance it could work out for you without any intervention, but I know that in your case, that's probably not likely.
:

Best groove I've had today. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2008, 05:12 PM

rubidoux-we do have male factor infertility. His first SA was 12million, Second 18 million, Third 6 million, and then this last time 24.6 million with TMC of 44million. His motility isnt too made. It has been consistent around 38-40%. His morphology is also low. With his first SA it was 12%, all the SA's done after that have been done with strict analysis and he has ranged from 2-5%. So, I hope one of those good ones made it to my eggs.

poetgirl- I thought the smaller the follie size the less viable. I know different RE have different practices, but surely my doctor wouldn't steer me in the wrong direction. The RE practice I go to is #1 in my state. I figured the bigger the follie maybe the larger the target,lol! I dont know, I am not going to stress over it. I am going to try and relax during my 2ww and see what happens. It's in God's hands.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:15 PM

rubidoux- I also forgot to add that this last sample of 24.6 was after my husband being on Clomid 50mg every other day for 3 months. The clomid seemed to have helped increase our count and it also increased his volume.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:46 PM
DLT

rubidoux My blood test is on the 20th. You're a week ahead of me. Are you taking any injections post IUI? Sticky vibes for both of us!!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:55 AM

I know that clomid will increase volume. DH's former roommate was a body builder who took clomid to compensate for the effects of the testosterone he also took. I was privy to some pretty gross discussions about "load size". I have no idea how it affects morphology or anything else though because they weren't concerned about that!

Frog, maybe if you wear a skirt to a bar and just stand real close to a manly man the magic will happen. I've heard it works for other girls : They swear they never slept with the guy and but somehow they still got pregnant. Just a thought...

K

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
Old 06-05-2008, 10:57 PM

Frog and Biomama, I'm so so sorry. Sending you lots of s and comfort in your days.

GL Rubi, Kim, Cbond and DLT!

Liam'sMommy, to you! I felt so bad when that chain of cancelled cycles befell you and now I understand the frustration even more. GL with the natural method. I'm sure it will feel so great just to be able to Try again. It's like we're sick of trying and then That gets taken away and seems (pathetic as it may sound) a great freedom. I hope you get preg. right away. They don't actually think I overproduce, now they're saying it was a fluke.

Here's my update: Well well well, something Positive! Yes you heard right! So.....after the cyst news last week and the news we'd have to stop for months possibly with possible surgery to a big shift in which the REs decided no biggie, take your Clomid, don't worry about the cysts, I insisted on an u/s no one wanted me to have. Mon. I had acup. and she did v. strong belly points to break up stagnation and I began herbs for cysts. I felt a certain pain on R that night and thought, maybe this cyst is bursting. My Reiki friend also did energy work on me twice for 30 min. So yesterday, I go in and find out the R one HAD actually been up to 4.9 cm (Ouch!) so I was gearing up for the worst. Lo and behold, we couldn't find it, just some leftover material that added up to 1 cm. Negligible she said. The left one was still there but a basic cyst and could actually really be the follicle that I may have O'd from. I said the R one would have to be drast. diff. to do the Clomid again and after much delib. I have cautiously begun it again and we'll see where it leads. It's a catch22 because I really have so little a chance of getting preg. w/out it. One day, one minute at a time here.

Cbond, . I agree with you not to worry about it, but it does make me want to find out what really is optimal for the future (hopefully you're preg. right now!). I'm guessing my clinic is more conservative about giving triggers and doing exp. OOP procedures it the conditions aren't perfect. Others may operate on the idea that you've done all this extra stuff and any egg tech. could get you preg, what's to lose? I personally prefer that approach better. I'll try to find out more.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 06-06-2008, 04:40 AM

DLT, How many days is that between IUI and test. My test is 14 days after my first IUI. Yours seems longer.

Cbond, I think we'll be asking our doctor about clomid. I had no idea it was helpful for men. I hope he has a darned good reason for not mentioning it himself. He seems like such a decent guy in person, but I'm starting to fear he may be a little shady.

Poetgirl, I'm so happy you were able to jump back in again. What a relief that must have been!

Livy'smom, Where are you? lol We need an update!

Old 06-06-2008, 05:12 PM

After 3 BFP hpt and 1 BFP blood test we thought this was it... To have to repeat the blood work due to bleeding..

We received a call from our doc today and we did actually conceive and we were actually preg. To find out today according to everything we had a miscarriage... And they suggested we sit out this month and start back in July...

This rollercoaster is something else...
Old 06-06-2008, 05:46 PM

Sstap I'm so sorry for you. It's hard to get your hopes up and then have them dashed.

K

Old 06-06-2008, 08:19 PM
DLT

sstapp, I am so sorry to hear this. All I can say is that we are here for you for support. I feel so sad for you both.

rubidoux, it's 16 days between IUI and blood test. My IUI was 4/6 and my test is on 20/6. I think that's because I have longer cycles normally of 34 days, so they're just making sure.

User Tag List