May IUIs! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 194 Old 06-14-2008, 06:19 AM
DLT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey rubidoux, don't be too despondent please. Your levels should double every day or two from here. Keep your chin up and look after yourself. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 194 Old 06-14-2008, 06:20 AM
DLT

Today for the first time I'm feeling not convinced that the IUI worked. My skin is breaking out and I'm eating a lot (like I would before AF). So hopefully AF doesn't arrive at all, but I'm not as hopeful as I was last week.
#183 of 194 Old 06-14-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
::::: ::
Oh Rubi, I'm so sorry this is not what you wanted to hear after waiting so long to get to this point. I'm hoping for lots of doubling. It can increase from here (I remember a woman on this thread who had a healthy preg. w/ an initial HCG of 5) and I SO hope it does. I'll be praying for you and sending
: Take super good care and be gentle right now. We are totally rooting for you.
Oh Jennifer, it's really nice to hear of someone with an hcg of 5 who made it. That's really awsome. I am finding this part of things so much more taxing emotionally than anything that came before. It's really weird. I thought that I had been pretty down in the dumps before. I think part of it though is that dh is away and we're flying to meet him tomorrow (thank goodness). It is so hard to be really sad around my ds when we're alone. I feel like things are already low energy when it's just the two of us.

But check this out: http://www.babyzone.com/Community/Po...419080&brd=591

According to the chart I am exactly average. And that chart is consistent with all the others, which say normal is something like 15 to 400 for day 14, but it's the only chart I've found that gives an average. Could it be that the chart is wrong? Why would my doctor put me through this if I was just totally average. I can't wrap my head around it. On the one hand the chart makes me feel better, but then I think they'd never tell me this if there wasn't a reason. WAH!

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#184 of 194 Old 06-14-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT View Post
Today for the first time I'm feeling not convinced that the IUI worked. My skin is breaking out and I'm eating a lot (like I would before AF). So hopefully AF doesn't arrive at all, but I'm not as hopeful as I was last week.
I think alot of people get pms-like symptoms when they're pg, so I wouldn't count that stuff against yourself.

One thing that I had no idea about before this cycle is that apparently people often respond better to their second IUI cycle with stims than their first. The doctor told us that before we started this cycle and I only half believed him, but it did seem to be true for me. So, if it doesn't work out this cycle, you will have that going for you next time. I hope you don't have to get there, though... My fingers are crossed.

#185 of 194 Old 06-14-2008, 07:54 PM
DLT

rubidoux - average is good. You must feel much more comfortable now that you have that info. I'm hopeful that your levels increase dramatically over the next few days, and hope that you can start getting excited about your BFP.

Yeah, the doc told me that with the 2nd and 3rd IUI your chances increase a lot. But I'm just not sure how I'll cope if AF arrives. It just seems like it's been such a tough ride. I guess everyone here understands and has been through it too. so I'm greatful that this thread and forum exists. Anyway, I should just be patient and wait and hope for the best.
#186 of 194 Old 06-15-2008, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT View Post
Yeah, the doc told me that with the 2nd and 3rd IUI your chances increase a lot.
really? How is this possible? I thought it was the opposite, which is one of the reasons I've been feeling so down... I thought if it didn't work the first time, your chances were lower for the second, and by the third, if it hasn't worked, it likely won't at all (or only very rarely).

Does anyone have the actual stats on this? I'll have to ask my doc Monday...
I should start a list of my questions! I am also going to ask about sperm lifetime in the uterus.

Hang in there DLT! I agree with Rubi, I've heard that pre-AF and preg symptoms are v. similar. I know what you mean about how you'll react to another AF... we are making plans now for next cycle, and the cycle after that. At first that made me feel depressed, but it really helps DH deal with it. Now I think it's helping me a bit too. Just to know what we'll do next gives you something to focus on and move forward with if it doesn't work. But I really hope you will only need to plan for a baby!!!
#187 of 194 Old 06-15-2008, 01:56 AM
DLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomama View Post
really? How is this possible? I thought it was the opposite, which is one of the reasons I've been feeling so down... I thought if it didn't work the first time, your chances were lower for the second, and by the third, if it hasn't worked, it likely won't at all (or only very rarely).
Before we started this cycle my doc told me that your chances increase as you go. He said the chances are 20% 1st cycle, 40% 2nd cycle and 60% 3rd cycle.

I would also like to know how long the washed sperm lives in the uterus.

Yeah, I guess I have thought of a second cycle, but as I went through this cycle, I got so excited that this is the one - we've all been there. Anyway, I guess I'll only know the outcome this week.
#188 of 194 Old 06-16-2008, 09:03 PM
DLT

rubidoux - have you been for another blood test to check your levels? Are they up?
#189 of 194 Old 06-16-2008, 09:56 PM

I just got my results and they were great! It went up to 221 in 72 hours, so that's a doubling time of 1.38 days! I am so freaking relieved. I think I'm gonna start celebrating for real now. I still have to do one more test, though...

When are you testing, DLT? I was thinking thursday, but I don't know if that's my thursday or yours. My fingers are crossed for you.

#190 of 194 Old 06-16-2008, 10:10 PM
DLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I just got my results and they were great! It went up to 221 in 72 hours, so that's a doubling time of 1.38 days! I am so freaking relieved. I think I'm gonna start celebrating for real now. I still have to do one more test, though...

When are you testing, DLT? I was thinking thursday, but I don't know if that's my thursday or yours. My fingers are crossed for you.
I am so happy for you. Congratulations again! And Yes, definitely start celebrating now. It's official!

I'm testing on Friday morning (your Thursday afternoon). 3 more sleeps and it's driving me totally batty! I'm just praying that AF doesn't show. I've been having major AF symptoms this past week, but now I'm just hoping for the best.
#191 of 194 Old 06-16-2008, 11:21 PM
DLT

Hey rubidoux - it seems AF has arrived. I'm so angry and upset. I'll wait for the rest of today and tomorrow to confirm that it's AF, but I think it is.
#192 of 194 Old 06-17-2008, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

rubi,
glad your numbers are looking so good! I'm so happy for you!!

DLT, big big hugs. I'm so sorry.
#193 of 194 Old 06-18-2008, 03:16 AM

Aww, DLT, I'm so sorry! I really hope that cycle #2 is the one for you. I know it totally sucks to end a cycle that way.

#194 of 194 Old 06-19-2008, 01:46 AM
DLT

Thanks rubidoux, taking a break this cycle, so we'll see how I go.

How are you doing?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page