June IUIs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 95 Old 06-06-2008, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

My cycles are apparently synced up to the calendar. I'm starting my next IUI cycle as June is starting! Anyone else want to join me in the new thread?

Let me know your request to join in bold, along with any info about your cycle/situation, and a link to a chart.

I'm convinced June will be a great month for IUIs - many many BFPs for us!!!

Eastbayk- IUI #3 w/clomid forcasted for June 28. TTC #2 since June 2007 :

Leah - hopefully IUI'ing June 15th or 16th. Unmedicated from now on due to Clomid-induced hyperstimulation.

Biomama - 3rd IUI cycle, 2nd one with clomid and hCG trigger. :

poetgirl - IUI with clomid 6/11

DLT - IUI 6/4

kristenok18 - waiting for a July IUI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 95 Old 06-06-2008, 04:59 PM

Well, my IUI was actually May 29 and I O'd on May 31, so I'm close to a June IUI. I'm not feeling good about this one due to the timing, so I expect I'll have another IUI on June 28.

Eastbayk- IUI #3 w/clomid forcasted for June 28. TTC #2 since June 2007
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/165d5b

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#3 of 95 Old 06-06-2008, 05:32 PM

Just got my blood results back...after five LONG cycles of waiting, I've been cleared for an unmedicated IUI! We are absolutely thrilled. My u/s still shows a pesky leftover cyst, but my RE says it's decreasing in size and my e2 levels are within normal range. Woo-freaking-HOO! It's about time!

I'm currently CD 5...my RE told me to start OPKs next Wednesday...so hopefully we'll be IUI'ing June 15th or 16th. I'm unmedicated from now on due to Clomid-induced hyperstimulation. We've been TTC #2 since July of 2007 (with a miscarriage on Christmas Day and have been sidelined since then.)

GL all!

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
#4 of 95 Old 06-11-2008, 06:45 PM

Okay let's get this party started.
I thought I would be out of commission, but my huge cyst burst and was gone the next time we did an u/s, so I'm back on board for one more Clomid round and it's moved really fast. I took Clomid day 2-6 and lo and behold, yesterday on day 8, I got my LH surge. So I looked at my prev. charts and I'd got surges at 3dp clomid twice and once 6 days past, so we had to just go with it though I worried whether the egg could really mature in that time or not. But the NP said my cervix looked ready to ovulate, soft, high and good cm, so we did the IUI today. Onto the 2WW...

to everyone here!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#5 of 95 Old 06-11-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamsMommy31905 View Post
Just got my blood results back...after five LONG cycles of waiting, I've been cleared for an unmedicated IUI! We are absolutely thrilled. My u/s still shows a pesky leftover cyst, but my RE says it's decreasing in size and my e2 levels are within normal range. Woo-freaking-HOO! It's about time!

I'm currently CD 5...my RE told me to start OPKs next Wednesday...so hopefully we'll be IUI'ing June 15th or 16th. I'm unmedicated from now on due to Clomid-induced hyperstimulation. We've been TTC #2 since July of 2007 (with a miscarriage on Christmas Day and have been sidelined since then.)

GL all!
Oh Liam'sMommy, I am SO happy to hear you are out of waiting and ready to try this month. I'm rooting for you

#6 of 95 Old 06-11-2008, 07:24 PM
DLT

Hi everyone!

I had my IUI done on 4th June. I go for my pg test next Friday, 20th June.

LiamsMommy31905 - that is really such wonderful news. Good luck for this cycle and sending you lots of

EastbayK - when are you going for your pg test? Don't give up hope just yet.
#7 of 95 Old 06-11-2008, 07:44 PM

Hey everyone! I'll be lurking and rooting for everyone this month! I'm taking a month off from meds for my ovaries to recover. They seem to refuse to cooperate if I do more than 1 medicated cycle between non-medicated! So, hopefully I'll be joining the July iui thread (if my cycle dates line up with dh's travel dates, that is ). And as much as I'd love the company then, here's to hoping that you all will have graduated by then!
#8 of 95 Old 06-11-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenok18 View Post
Hey everyone! I'll be lurking and rooting for everyone this month! I'm taking a month off from meds for my ovaries to recover. They seem to refuse to cooperate if I do more than 1 medicated cycle between non-medicated! So, hopefully I'll be joining the July iui thread (if my cycle dates line up with dh's travel dates, that is ). And as much as I'd love the company then, here's to hoping that you all will have graduated by then!
Thanks Kristen! I will be rooting for you in July whether I'm there or not. Have a restorative month and perhaps even a lucky one!

QUESTION: Today at my IUI, the NP said that sperm from a Fresh Sample (not frozen) live in the uterus for up to 72 hours. ??? I thought fresh and frozen were the same here, only 7-12 hours. She was pretty convincing but it made me DH and I go Can anyone confirm this?

#9 of 95 Old 06-12-2008, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
QUESTION: Today at my IUI, the NP said that sperm from a Fresh Sample (not frozen) live in the uterus for up to 72 hours. ??? I thought fresh and frozen were the same here, only 7-12 hours. She was pretty convincing but it made me DH and I go Can anyone confirm this?
I thought the sperm didn't live as long once they were in the uterus. I don't remember where I read/heard that though... I'll ask next week at my appointments.

Poetgirl, I'm so happy that your cycle got rescued and you had your IUI; good luck in your TWW!!!

kristenok18, I hope we've all graduated too, but I can't imagine not checking these threads to see what happens with everyone... I have been checking here almost every day for months, I feel like it's home!! I'm also crossing my fingers that you have a lucky natural cycle!

I'm feeling better about this cycle, starting to be hopeful. I have to stop worrying so much about what will happen next if we fail again... It sends me into a dark place. I have to believe it might work this time.
#10 of 95 Old 06-12-2008, 09:56 AM

Hi girls...

Here's a quick update: Got my smiley face this morning (CD 11 - the earliest it's ever been!)...so I put the call in to my RE and we should be good to go for an unmedicated IUI tomorrow morning!

Wooot!

BBL for personals.

#11 of 95 Old 06-12-2008, 04:50 PM

DLT- I'm feeling very zen about testing and haven't really been into it this month. I might test on sunday if AF doesn't start saturday. I haven't been sleeping well, so I haven't had my morning temps lately. Last night our downstairs neighbors had their D#$% TV up so loud it was keeping me awake until well past 1am.

GL everyone!

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#12 of 95 Old 06-12-2008, 07:12 PM
DLT

LiamsMommy31905 - wow D11 is very early. Lucky you!! Good luck for tomorrow, hope it all goes well.

Kim - Holding thumbs for you this weekend. Hoping it's a BFP for you!
#13 of 95 Old 06-12-2008, 09:00 PM

Liamsmommy, I was glad to hear you got your surge on day 11 as I just had one on day 8.

I'm worried now though that maybe it was a false positive which I guess you can get if you test the days right after stopping Clomid. I've always begun testing right away becuase naturally I am such an early ovulator. It's ridiculous and maddening that my RE's office won't monitor me w/ ultrasounds. My positive was positive on three different tests over an 8 hour period and the NP did say my cervix was SHOW when she did the IUI yesterday. The IUI didn't hurt at all and if I wasn't ready to O, I'd think it might be uncomfortable, right? Today it felt like my cervix was LF. Today I've had some uterine sensation. So, what do you think? Did I O?
I'd just keep testing in case and not worry about it but unfort. I have to start my prometrium tonight...but somehow if it was a false pos. that would really screw things up. I didn't even know about the false pos. thing. I did have (what I thought were) surges 3dp clomid before. I'm worried now because I read online that o'ing before day 10 on clomid is NOT normal.

As if the 2WW isn't stressful enough. I wish I had a clear answer. I should probably just go with it and let it go.

P.S. Oh just wanted to add if it's relevant to my scenario, I had an intense headache Mon. and a migraine yesterday.

#14 of 95 Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Hi girls...

Here's a quick update: Got my smiley face this morning (CD 11 - the earliest it's ever been!)...so I put the call in to my RE and we should be good to go for an unmedicated IUI tomorrow morning!

Wooot!

BBL for personals.
GL tomorrow!!!

#15 of 95 Old 06-12-2008, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

poetgirl, I was just going to write that your temps will tell if you o-ed but you are starting progesterone, which will send your temps up regardless... I don't know how else you can tell. I guess keep checking your fertile signs? Hmmm. I have read that the only way to be sure a woman has really ovulated is if she gets pregnant! Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure...

Leah, good luck in your IUI and TWW! I hope it goes well and you get a BFP!!

DLT and Kim, how is the tww treating you?

I'm feeling okay... my temps have been a bit wacky now that it's hot out, I think I'm much warmer at night. We've been using fans instead of A/C, so our house is pretty hot. I hope they settle down and I can see a nice thermal shift! Though all my perfect cycles in the past ended in BFN so maybe a wonky cycle is just what I need! Here's to endless TTC rationalizations!

How's everyone doing?
#16 of 95 Old 06-13-2008, 12:25 AM
DLT

poetgirl - what does SHOW mean?

Also, about o'ing before D10 on Clomid, I wouldn't worry too much. All our bodies respond differently, and it seemed by you're tests that you did O.

You could go for a blood test to confirm ovulation in a week's time if they'll do that for you.

biomama - 2ww is going ok (actually I'm driving myself mad!! ) I have my last pregnyl injection tonight and then have to wait a week before my pg test. I'm trying to make plans for the evenings and keep myself busy at work to try and distract myself. My bbs seem like they're bigger and a little tender, but that is also a side-effect of the pregnyl, so I'm not using these symptoms as a sign just yet.

Are you taking injectibles this cycle?
#17 of 95 Old 06-13-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT View Post
poetgirl - what does SHOW mean?

Also, about o'ing before D10 on Clomid, I wouldn't worry too much. All our bodies respond differently, and it seemed by you're tests that you did O.

You could go for a blood test to confirm ovulation in a week's time if they'll do that for you.
Thanks DLT. I'm simply making myself batty over here. SHOW means the cervix is soft, high, open and wet, which from what I understand it only does right before O for a day or two and then never again the rest of the cycle. Not to be crass, but I have a feeling I'll be checking my cervix position a bit fanatically. It was still SHOW yesterday afternoon, but this morning had noticably dropped and was firm. I will have a 7 dpo test for sure, though I wonder if I'm on the progesterone if that will even be accurate. Oy Vey.

Gl with your last week wait. Good plan on keeping busy. I know how hard that is, but I have high hopes with your super high P level. :

Thanks also Biomama for lending an ear. I will also raise a glass to endless TTC rationalizations as this week has been a doozy for them. Phew, back to the guided visualization.

#18 of 95 Old 06-13-2008, 10:01 PM
DLT

poetgirl, thanks for the explanation. The 7DPO test will be accurate even on the progesterone. It just may mean your levels look higher than normal - which I think is what happened with mine, but they can still tell whether you've o'd.

Good luck in your 2WW and sending back to you some :.
#19 of 95 Old 06-13-2008, 10:34 PM

Hi girls -

Went for my IUI this am after waking up with a low temp. We were so scared that we had a false poitive yesterday. The u/s showed one small follicle (15 mm) and an open cervix. The nurse wasn't entirely positive that I had O'd given the size of the follicle and the early date. She ordered some STAT bloodwork to check LH/progesterone levels to confirm ovulation. In the meantime, DH produced his "sample" and I returned to the office 2.5 hours later after the andrologists finished washing the sperm. He had great numbers: 64 million, 79% forward-moving.

They did the IUI (the attending nurse said it went smashingly well and my uterus was a very hospitable environment ) and I got a call a few hours later confirming that I did in fact ovulate and the reason teh follicle was small was because it had ruptured a few hours before and slowly had begun to leak fluid. Woo-freaking-hooo! We're gonna try au naturale again this evening for one last hurrah.

Poet: thanks for your kind words! What OPK did you use? My RE told me it's very rare to get a false positive OPK (especially on digital tests.) BTW, I had a migraine this afternoon as well. I wonder if that's typical on O day.
Bio: my temps are a bit wonky as well due to the weather. GL this cycle!
DLT: Woo-hoo for the 2WW! What day are you testing? I totally know what you mean about distracting yourself...I am constantly on google researching this or that symptom. I need help!
Eastbay: Wouldn't that be so cool if you tested on Sunday and got a BFP for Father's Day? Fingers crossed big time for you!
Kristen: I've definitely been in your shoes (5 months running) so I know what you're going through. Can't wait until you can join the fun too.

Have a great evening!

#20 of 95 Old 06-14-2008, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Hi girls -

Went for my IUI this am after waking up with a low temp. We were so scared that we had a false poitive yesterday. The u/s showed one small follicle (15 mm) and an open cervix. The nurse wasn't entirely positive that I had O'd given the size of the follicle and the early date. She ordered some STAT bloodwork to check LH/progesterone levels to confirm ovulation. In the meantime, DH produced his "sample" and I returned to the office 2.5 hours later after the andrologists finished washing the sperm. He had great numbers: 64 million, 79% forward-moving.

They did the IUI (the attending nurse said it went smashingly well and my uterus was a very hospitable environment ) and I got a call a few hours later confirming that I did in fact ovulate and the reason teh follicle was small was because it had ruptured a few hours before and slowly had begun to leak fluid. Woo-freaking-hooo! We're gonna try au naturale again this evening for one last hurrah.

Poet: thanks for your kind words! What OPK did you use? My RE told me it's very rare to get a false positive OPK (especially on digital tests.) BTW, I had a migraine this afternoon as well. I wonder if that's typical on O day.
Bio: my temps are a bit wonky as well due to the weather. GL this cycle!
DLT: Woo-hoo for the 2WW! What day are you testing? I totally know what you mean about distracting yourself...I am constantly on google researching this or that symptom. I need help!
Eastbay: Wouldn't that be so cool if you tested on Sunday and got a BFP for Father's Day? Fingers crossed big time for you!
Kristen: I've definitely been in your shoes (5 months running) so I know what you're going through. Can't wait until you can join the fun too.

Have a great evening!
Yeah Liamsmommy for a confirmed O and smashing IUI! Excellent news! And great timing!

Q: how do they tell if you O'd from the u/s? My RE's office said you couldn't really tell that from an u/s but I kind of felt like you could. Amazing after all this time how the questions keep coming. Thanks also for passing on the rare false pos. comment. I used an Answer opk and it def. looked pos., so I tested the same urine w/ a CB dig. and got the and later that night (8 hrs) I did a CB again, still . From what I understand the false pos. are more likely after taking Clomid, but I've always tested right away even the last day of taking Clomid and never got one before. It's tricky because since I'm such an early O-er, I have to test right away. We're hoping the Clomid puts off the O but my body seems to want to shoot out those eggs. Maybe after having those cysts, our bodies were ready to release???

I'm feeling more like I can let the worry go and believe that I did O. Cervix has been low and firm since and all opks since have been neg.

#21 of 95 Old 06-14-2008, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT View Post
poetgirl, thanks for the explanation. The 7DPO test will be accurate even on the progesterone. It just may mean your levels look higher than normal - which I think is what happened with mine, but they can still tell whether you've o'd.

Good luck in your 2WW and sending back to you some :.
Thanks DLT! I'll def. do the progest. test next week!!
How are you holding up? Recaulking your bathtub, weatherstripping your windows yet?

#22 of 95 Old 06-14-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post

Q: how do they tell if you O'd from the u/s? My RE's office said you couldn't really tell that from an u/s but I kind of felt like you could.
My RE's office is SO good with explanations. I have a million questions every time I go and the nurse is so knowledgable.

A follicle is filled with an egg and cushioning fluid. Once you ovulate, the follicle ruptures and the fluid leaks out. You can tell if you have ovulated via ultrasound by looking for free fluid (that has escaped from the ruptured follicle) in the uterus. Also, the follicle looks a bit misshapen and deflated (not a perfect circular shape.)

Also, definitely great news on your CBE digital positive result...that's what I use and she said that the only thing that would cause a smiley face is a sharp rise in LH which is indicative of impending ovulation. Woo-hoo!

#23 of 95 Old 06-14-2008, 06:50 PM
DLT

poetgirl - I'm definitely going mad. All the cupboards at home are now re-packed and tidy But I'm starting to feel less confident as I'm getting such strong pre-AF symptoms. I'm snacking more, becoming more irritable, and just not feeling as positive as last week. But I'm still trying to be hopeful. :

I guess I just don't know how I'll respond and cope if AF arrives this month.

LiamsMommy31905 - I'm testing on Friday. IT's so great that the nurses you deal with are so responsive to all your questions. It makes such a difference when you understand all the details. Good luck in your 2WW
#24 of 95 Old 06-14-2008, 07:54 PM

What amazing timing...I saw this article on the BBC site this afternoon:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7447942.stm

It shows photographs of ovulation during a surgical procedure. It may be a bit TMI...but it's seriously not gory.

#25 of 95 Old 06-14-2008, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
What amazing timing...I saw this article on the BBC site this afternoon:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7447942.stm

It shows photographs of ovulation during a surgical procedure. It may be a bit TMI...but it's seriously not gory.
SOOOOOOOOO cool!!! I love those images! How amazing! I wonder what magnification that was? It didn't look all that zoomed in... I wonder if the egg sac is really that huge? I guess a full size follicle is a few cm, so it could be that big?

Thanks for posting that!
#26 of 95 Old 06-15-2008, 01:00 AM
DLT

Those pictures are amazing. Nice to know exactly what's going on during ovulation.
#27 of 95 Old 06-15-2008, 07:14 PM

Okay, girls...I'm really committing now.

I posted a link to my FF chart in my sig. I usually don't do that because I have an online stalker but I think she's found another victim.

#28 of 95 Old 06-16-2008, 01:20 PM

Poet- I'm pretty sure I had a false positive from clomid this past cycle. For this upcoming one, the dr. says no OPKs.

My cycle is all screwy now. I'm 16 dpo with 2 BFN's but still high temps. I've has spotting for 3 days now, beginning on the day I expected AF, but it's never gotten any heavier. I saw the RE this morning who checked me for a cyst, saw none and gave me a new rx for another round of clomid. It got upped again, to 150. I've been responding to the previous dosages, so I don't know if he figures eventually I'll have so many eggs that one will have to fertilize and implant or what. He said increased monitoring this time and no OPK testing due to the false positive and bad timing for the IUI last cycle. I asked him if maybe I could get an rx for something to help build my lining better (making the connection that it's too thin and that's why AF is so sparse and I can't have implantation if it's too thin...) but he didn't want to give anything quite yet.

Good luck everyone else!

kim

#29 of 95 Old 06-16-2008, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Kim, did your doctor do a blood hcg beta test? I've always had one even when I have a heavy period with a temp drop because they don't want me to take clomid if I'm pg, so they are super paranoid to rule it out. They have said they wanted to double check because at my CD3 U/S my lining was still a little thicker than they'd have expected...

I'm a little surprised they are going forward with the next cycle given your signs/symptoms... Keep us posted!!

LiamsMommy, sounds like you had a great IUI! good luck in the 2ww... feel free to vent here as much as you like!

poetgirl, won't your prog be high because you are taking it? Or do they expect it to be higher than a certain level when you are taking prog sups? I'm confused...

how's everyone else??

I'm going in for my U/S today (CD13) but also for the IUI!!! I got my "peak" on my CBE monitor yesterday so I guess my surge is early this cycle too! Not quite as early as some of you though... I'm also getting my trigger shot today. I feel like it's all a bit too late, but if I ovulate today, who cares if I also get a trigger shot, right? I am also hoping today is good timing with the IUI. I'm starting to get paranoid that the timing is all-important, down to the hour. Like, what if I ovulated this morning, and we do the IUI this afternoon. Will my egg still be alive? ?????? I guess I'll get more info today at the U/S. I'm also asking about how long sperm live, and the stats for success rates per IUI.
#30 of 95 Old 06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
DLT

EastbayK - I agree with biomama, you should have a blood test to just confirm what the doc thinks.

biomama - good luck for your IUI today. Hope this is the one!!

I'm surviving this 2ww (BARELY)! I have 3 more days of work and then Friday morning is my blood test. Hope AF is far away and doesn't show up for the next 9 months... :

I need to keep myself distracted, but it's so difficult. How are the rest of you doing?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page