Looking for fertility software (charting) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-10-2003, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any of you use fertiltiy software? I always charted manually and found it a pain. (7 years of IF) A close friend found out she has severe endometriosis (like me) and has a really short window of fertility and needs it to be as simple as possible. I suggested charting, but I know she will get overwhelmed with trying to learn it all within a few weeks (she runs a daycare...WAY busy!) and am looking for some of the software out there that can make it easier for her. Any suggestions?

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-12-2003, 01:27 PM

There are two good resources for charting that I know. One is www.fertilityfriend.com. It is an online charting and fertility guidance service. It has different levels of membership, the most basic is free! The other that I have heard is good, but have not used is the TCOYF (taking charge of your fertility) software. If you do a search for the site, it will have the info about the software. HTH
#3 of 7 Old 10-12-2003, 10:57 PM

I've used the Ovusoft TCOYF software for a few years. I used to chart manually and technically I still do, but I really like having something to fiddle with, lol.

I think the best investment would be the TCOYF book as long as you black out the bogus info about triphasic charts meaning your pregnant.
#4 of 7 Old 10-13-2003, 03:14 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
I have used both TCOYF and FF. I prefer FF because it is web based, which means I can get to it anywhere. So if something changes at work I can still enter the data.

I also like the the fact that they are continually updating their stuff. They continue to update their software to include new stuff, and you never have to download it.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#5 of 7 Old 10-31-2003, 12:00 AM

I manually chart and have used the TCOYF, Ovusoft for about a year. The software has actually miscalculated my cycle a few times. Thankfully, I had the paper charts to back it up.

I, too, like to fiddle with things so I came up a good solution: I laminted a paper chart, and my DH is in charge of recording temps on this. Then, when I get to work, I enter my signs into the software. That we we are both happy : )

Palmetto
#6 of 7 Old 11-09-2003, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AdinaL
I have used both TCOYF and FF. I prefer FF because it is web based, which means I can get to it anywhere. So if something changes at work I can still enter the data.

I also like the the fact that they are continually updating their stuff. They continue to update their software to include new stuff, and you never have to download it.
i used both FF and ovusoft (tcoyf) and prefer ovusoft. they are working on web based s/w for this year - it is in beta testing now... just fyi....
#7 of 7 Old 11-11-2003, 09:32 AM

I use the ovusoft (TCOYF) charting on the computer.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page