JULY IVF Cyclers. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 270 Old 07-03-2008, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I knew what the beta test was...I just saw the 7/7 two times and thought maybe it meant 7 out of 7??? I guess I am wrong.

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 270 Old 07-03-2008, 03:43 PM

7/7 is the date their beta is scheduled for - July 7th

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#63 of 270 Old 07-03-2008, 06:51 PM

Well, I'm not sure if I'll be cycling in July yet or not but I thought I'd chime in just in case.

Some background: My DH and I have been ttc for 5.5 years. I had a laporoscopy around that time that showed lots of scar tissue from who-knows-what (n infection, they speculated). I have an almost 9 yr old from a previouds relationship but my DH's own clock is ticking louder than mine. lol Because most of the scarring affected only my tubes we knew IVF was going to be our treatment of choice, but it took us awhile to feel comfortable with the decision and get the money together to go forward.

So now here we are. I'm on CD2 and we just did our ultrasound today. I do my CD3 blood tests tomorrow and go in on Monday for a sonohystogram.

My doc said that she thinks I have a uterine polyp (sp?) and there is a cyst on my ovary. We'll see with the sono if it is a polyp or if it's even still there (she's hoping my bleeding will take care of it). If it's a polyp she mentioned surgery later in the week.

Also if the cyst doesn't decrease on its own then she may drain it or give it more time. Anyone have experience with cysts or polyps?

So that's why I don't know if we'll be cycling this month or not! I guess we'll see on Monday. We're hoping we can because August brings too much stress into ourlives and Sept we'll be out of town...and dangit I just want to do it now!

I'm starting to get anxious, am still feeling confused over all the terminology and the process and procedures. We essentially get three tries (one egg retrieval and up to 3 transfers), so I'm trying not to get too anxious. We're young (26/27) and healthy and our chances are good but there is just so much going thru my head. How do you all deal with the rollercoaster ride?
#64 of 270 Old 07-04-2008, 06:58 AM

I just got my list of meds. Now I need to figure out where to get them as cheaply and quickly as possible, find a place to do an ultrasound for me, schedule everything, buy plane tickets, rent a car and figure out where we're staying lol.

I would love any ideas, advice or opinions anyone has! I just turned 30, have Hashimoto's that is well under control, am a little overweight and otherwise as far as I know totally healthy. We need IVF with ICSI for severe male factor. The doctor is willing to work with us (so far I LOVE him) and will even let me pick which meds to be on if I want.

So here's the meds list, what do you all think?

FSH Gonadotropin Gonal F or Follistim - #2250 total IU's. Vial or pens.
Inject 225 IU in AM . Start D2 of mense of IVF protocol.

Ganarelix 250 ug/0.5ul #5
Begin with one injection when follicles get to 14mm and inject in AM until trigger shot.

Lupron 1mg single dose, preloaded.
SC injection trigger shot

Tranderlmal Ez(es? estrogen) patches 0.1mg
Start with 3 patches the day after egg retrieval and change out every other day (that's a little confusing)

Progesterone in oil 50mg per ml. 2 10ml bottles, 20 3 cc syringe w/ 18 ql needle, 20 27g 1 1/2 inch needles
inject 1ml daily, start day after egg retrival until a negative pregnancy test
#65 of 270 Old 07-05-2008, 12:59 AM

OMG I just checked with our pharmacy. We have the best pharmacist ever. We even recognize each other's voices on the phone lol. She spent a ton of time researching stuff for me today. And somehow she got my insurance to cover everything!! I don't think they were originally going to, I'm not sure. But so far it looks like everything except maybe the ganarelix will be covered. I hope this isnt too good to be true!!
#66 of 270 Old 07-05-2008, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey All!

OrganicSister - I had a cyst during my first try at IVF w/ICSI, but it went down on it's own with my bleed. sorry that I couldn't be of more help!

Airmide - Good for you getting it covered! Mine are covered too, and it really helps tons!!

OK, so an update on me.... OMG, I am soooo excited... I've gone from cautiously hopeful to over the top... OK, breathe and give the update :

I had b/w and u/s today, after 8 days of stims (tonight will be day 9). My E is at 1500 (which is still a little high, but NOTHING compared to what it has been my previous 2 cycles!) The RE is really happy with how everything is looking. I have a bunch of follies, but not too many. He's thinking ER on Weds at the earliest, but wants to try to push me until Thurs if he can, because I will double my number of mature follies, but not push it to a level of dangerous. I have another u/s and b/w on Monday. But, the best part? Get this! He's NOT planning an FET like we were all thinking, but he's thinking fresh ET as early as next Saturday!!!!! : OMG, I can't hardly believe it.... I cried, but they were happy tears and I think dh thought I was going crazy! :

Wow. I never thought I'd be so happy just to go through ER and ET.... dh made the comment that if I were that happy just for that, imagine my reaction if the end result were what we wanted! Then he made a comment about popping open a bottle of champagne and drinking it all himself (because, of course, I wouldn't join him!!!!)

How's everyone else doing?

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#67 of 270 Old 07-05-2008, 05:46 PM

Yay hope4light - how exciting!!! ::: I'm so happy you're continuing to get good news!

For me - we're on vacation at the lake, I got to meet my 4 month old niece for the first time. She is so beautiful and sweet! My period arrived a couple days ago and I started back on the pill again this morning. Here's hoping for a smooth, uneventful, deliciously boring cycle with a happy ending

airmide_m - that's great your insurance covers your meds! Ours covers most, we just have a small copay - we feel really lucky. Just wanted to let you know, since I have Hashimoto's too, you might want to have your levels monitored while you're on the pill and while you're on the stims. Sometimes the rising estrogen levels can cause your TSH to go up. Mine were good before we started everything - right around .5 TSH. 10 days into the pill, it had gone up to 1.4 and when I checked it again after I got a positive hcg test (levels didn't rise so we're starting over again), it had gone up to 2.7. The 2nd rise was even in spite of having my meds increased. So, for what it's worth, I pass that long

#68 of 270 Old 07-06-2008, 12:36 AM

Wow, lots of good news since I last checked!

Air-mide - Yeah for getting insurance coverage! : That makes things so much easier and more relaxing. I can't advise on the meds, so I hope you got the answers you were looking for.

Hope4light - That's wonderful news! It sounds like the doctors finally got it right for you. Here's to an easy ER and an even easier ET. I also wanted to ask, did you stop bleeing? I called the nurse because I'm still spotting and light bleeding and she said that was typical. Something about t not stopping until a few days on the stim shots when my estrogen level rises.

LisaG - I hope you're enjoying your vacation. I'm ready for you to earn that last prized t-shirt.

SriRahda - It's taken me a long time to get used to so many of the abbreviations and slang. Don't worry about asking any questions, as there are probably others wodnering the same thing.

As for me. . .I just finished day 2 of stims. I've become pretty used to the lupron and the follitism pen is a breeze. Now, the repronex, on the other hand is giving me a run for the money. I'm getting the red welts and tenderness at the injection sites that they warned me about. Not too big of a deal except that I have several more days of shots to go and am running out of new injection sites.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#69 of 270 Old 07-06-2008, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSister View Post
Well, I'm not sure if I'll be cycling in July yet or not but I thought I'd chime in just in case.

I'm starting to get anxious, am still feeling confused over all the terminology and the process and procedures. We essentially get three tries (one egg retrieval and up to 3 transfers), so I'm trying not to get too anxious. We're young (26/27) and healthy and our chances are good but there is just so much going thru my head. How do you all deal with the rollercoaster ride?
Welcome and like we always say: May your stay be short!! It is confusing, please ask us any questions you have. I have learned so much from this board and it helps the stress level to be better informed, I think. Dealing with the rollercoaster ride: good question! As best as you can. For some people, that means getting lots of support from friends and family. For me, I very carefully chose two friends to tell and I lean on them a lot. My family is terrible for saying the wrong thing, so they know zip about our IF journey and I don't regret that. I go to acupuncture which is helpful. I have also seen a therapist who specializes in IF which I think was useful for me. Mostly just taking it easy on yourself I think. I am taking time off work, planning some pedicures and massages and trying to just be real with myself and letting myself feel what I feel. Good luck to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
OMG I just checked with our pharmacy. We have the best pharmacist ever. We even recognize each other's voices on the phone lol. She spent a ton of time researching stuff for me today. And somehow she got my insurance to cover everything!! I don't think they were originally going to, I'm not sure. But so far it looks like everything except maybe the ganarelix will be covered. I hope this isnt too good to be true!!
Right on, what a cool pharmacist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
SriRahda - It's taken me a long time to get used to so many of the abbreviations and slang. Don't worry about asking any questions, as there are probably others wodnering the same thing.

As for me. . .I just finished day 2 of stims. I've become pretty used to the lupron and the follitism pen is a breeze. Now, the repronex, on the other hand is giving me a run for the money. I'm getting the red welts and tenderness at the injection sites that they warned me about. Not too big of a deal except that I have several more days of shots to go and am running out of new injection sites.
ow, ow OW!! Poor you. I hope you are coping okay, that sounds really crummy. I also wanted to say : to SriRahda, please ask, I always do. You know we were all new to this at some point ( I actually shudder when I think back to how NOT informed I was when I first went through IVF).

And me - starting stims on Wednesday. I guess this means it's real, remember to breathe, breathing, breathing. I did IVF in Jan 05, had a m/c and had my dd as a result of a FET in Aug 05. My dh and I were trying to remember details and it seemed like stims went on forever, but it's only 10 to 12 days at my clinic, OMG.

And wow, I am cranky. Perhaps it will get better now that AF is here and I don't have PMS on top of everything, but that suppression nose spray makes me feel nutty and the opposite of grounded. And I really think my dh is being an idiot. But he did make me a BIG salad last night, hot weather kind of eating is also good for constipation!!
Take care everyone!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#70 of 270 Old 07-06-2008, 07:25 PM

What is supposed to be constipating, the lupron or the stims? I haven't been constipated yet and I am only on lupron. It makes me really sleepy though. I am a little concerned because I am working Monday through Wednesday this week, 12 hour days and I hope I can manage! I have been napping every morning since starting the lupron. Has it made anyone else sleepy? I am taking 20 of it until next Sunbday and then I am down to 10. When I start stims I go down to 5.

Airmide, that is awesome that they paid for your meds! : They wouldn't cover ours but it wasn't for lack of trying. They will only cover fertility meds if the are being used with "timed intercourse." It's so stupid! I mean, I can have meds if I am doing it at home but not if I am doing IVF or IUI? They just started this January of this year. Before that they would cover 4 cycles a year, regardless of the method.

Julia's Mom, I am sorry the shots are hurting you. Keep your eyes on the prize!!!

Welcome Organic Sister! Best of luck to you. I don't know how I deal with the rollercoaster ride. I cry sometimes, eat some ice cream, and just take the next step! Honestly, I am worried about the IVF not working. I am not sure how I will cope.

love to all.

#71 of 270 Old 07-07-2008, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Radha View Post
What is supposed to be constipating, the lupron or the stims? I haven't been constipated yet and I am only on lupron. It makes me really sleepy though.
I'm tired too, not sure why though. I keep harping on the constipation thing because the first time I did IVF I didn't really notice until it was really bad and I wish someone had warned me that it's pretty common ( so I could have started eating lots of prunes before even starting stims, like I'm doing this time ). So I'm trying to save any first timers the same experience. For me, any sort of messing with my hormones can make me constipated, this time I noticed it as soon as I started taking BCP's. Apparently it's really important that your bowel is empty for ER, my clinic tells you to ask for a laxative or suppository if you've been having problems. Fun times!

#72 of 270 Old 07-07-2008, 03:53 AM

Quote:
I don't know how I deal with the rollercoaster ride. I cry sometimes, eat some ice cream, and just take the next step! Honestly, I am worried about the IVF not working. I am not sure how I will cope.
Speaking of icecream, I just ate 5 different flavors of icecream for dessert tonight. I have been totally glomming it for the last week or so. I think maybe cause it's been super hot here.

Also, is anyone on a high protein diet? I am trying to be. Doing really well with the eating lots of protein and ok with eating eggs. Terrible with not eating sugar, and so-so on drinking enough water.

I just realized keifer (from trader joes) has 14 grams of protein per serving!! That's twice as much as one egg. And of course the probiotics in it are great too. Though the sugar isn't lol. I guess I could get plain but I just love strawberry so much! edited: that is 14 grams per 8oz. That's 56 grams of protein per 32 oz bottle!
#73 of 270 Old 07-07-2008, 12:44 PM

OK, I'm breathing in to the count of 3, breathing out to the count of 3... Yoga anyone?!

I had u/s and b/w this morning... my E is at 3100, my progesterone is starting to rise. I had around 10 follies that are 16 and above (a couple at 20!), a bunch more at 14/15 and then a bunch of 13 and smaller... between Sat and Today they all grew anywhere between 3 and 5 cm's... SO, I trigger tonight at 11:30, I have ER at 10:00 am on Wednesday, and transfer on Saturday! He even gave me a picture of my right ovary where the biggest 5 follies are! He showed me the difference in all three of my cycles and is still saying that I am right where he wants me to be... but he doesn't want to push it until Thursday with the way everything is looking!!

How's everyone else?

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

#74 of 270 Old 07-07-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
And me - starting stims on Wednesday. I guess this means it's real, remember to breathe, breathing, breathing. I did IVF in Jan 05, had a m/c and had my dd as a result of a FET in Aug 05. My dh and I were trying to remember details and it seemed like stims went on forever, but it's only 10 to 12 days at my clinic, OMG.
Good luck with the stims! I find they're not making me too nuts. The first day I almost broke down in tear at the 4th of July parade. Not sure what that was about, so I blame it on the drugs. Stims are an average of 10 days at my clinic.

Quote:
What is supposed to be constipating, the lupron or the stims? I haven't been constipated yet and I am only on lupron. It makes me really sleepy though. I am a little concerned because I am working Monday through Wednesday this week, 12 hour days and I hope I can manage! I have been napping every morning since starting the lupron. Has it made anyone else sleepy? I am taking 20 of it until next Sunbday and then I am down to 10. When I start stims I go down to 5.
I started to get constipated on the b/c and worse with lupron. Once stims started, it wasn't so bad. However, I am still very tired and sleepy. I was on 10 units of lupron for 2 weeks and went down to 5 units when starting stims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4light View Post
I had u/s and b/w this morning... my E is at 3100, my progesterone is starting to rise. I had around 10 follies that are 16 and above (a couple at 20!), a bunch more at 14/15 and then a bunch of 13 and smaller... between Sat and Today they all grew anywhere between 3 and 5 cm's... SO, I trigger tonight at 11:30, I have ER at 10:00 am on Wednesday, and transfer on Saturday! He even gave me a picture of my right ovary where the biggest 5 follies are! He showed me the difference in all three of my cycles and is still saying that I am right where he wants me to be... but he doesn't want to push it until Thursday with the way everything is looking!!
::: Wonderful news!!! May your ER go smoothly and produce some beeaauuttiful embies for Saturday.

As for me, no big changes or feelings while on the stims. However, my spotting has turned into full force af. : Not sure what to make of that. I have my first u/s and b/w appt tomorrow morning, so I'll ask then. I'm not too concerned, but it's awfully hard to do my meditation at night where I'm trying to picture my body preparing this beautiful home for a baby when I feel like my lining still isn't building.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#75 of 270 Old 07-07-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:

Airmide, that is awesome that they paid for your meds! : They wouldn't cover ours but it wasn't for lack of trying. They will only cover fertility meds if the are being used with "timed intercourse." It's so stupid! I mean, I can have meds if I am doing it at home but not if I am doing IVF or IUI? They just started this January of this year. Before that they would cover 4 cycles a year, regardless of the method.

Julia's Mom, I am sorry the shots are hurting you. Keep your eyes on the prize!!!

Welcome Organic Sister! Best of luck to you. I don't know how I deal with the rollercoaster ride. I cry sometimes, eat some ice cream, and just take the next step! Honestly, I am worried about the IVF not working. I am not sure how I will cope.

love to all.
I'm sorry that they're making you sleepy... they make me really tired too... the Lurpon does, and then the repronex just makes it worse.... I think the same with the constipation.... GL to you, hang in there, the stims will be over before you know it!!

Julia's Mom - The same to you, they get a little better... I had that problem really bad my first try around, but I found keeping them to the stomache, massaging the area until my fingers hurt, and then using a heating pad for a little bit afterwards made a HUGE difference... hang in there, your in my prayers! As is everyone else!!

#76 of 270 Old 07-07-2008, 11:53 PM

Well, it looks like July is a No Go. We did the Sono today and although my cyst is looking good, we are going to have to do a hystoscopy (sp?) to remove the [thing she thinks is a polyp] from my uterus. Goodness, I hope it's just a polyp.

I'm very disappointed. After waiting over 5 years to do this, waiting another month or two seems like eternity! Then there is the fact that August is a busy and stressful month for us anyway and we're suppose to be flying out of town the beginning of Sept. Will I even be able to fly?

So I'm not looking forward to the surgery, however minor she says it is and I'm really bummed to have to put this off longer. But whatever will be will be, right?
#77 of 270 Old 07-08-2008, 08:19 AM

OrganicSister - I had a similar thing happen to me in November when I had my IVF workup. My doc found polyps that had to be removed. I ended up having a laparoscopy done at the same time to remove some scar tissue/septum from a previous surgery, but if you're having just a hysteroscopy it's pretty easy. As much as it sucks to be delayed, it's really a good thing they found them before going forward because they can interfere with implantation. Take good care and I wish you a speedy recovery

#78 of 270 Old 07-09-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSister View Post
I'm very disappointed. After waiting over 5 years to do this, waiting another month or two seems like eternity! Then there is the fact that August is a busy and stressful month for us anyway and we're suppose to be flying out of town the beginning of Sept. Will I even be able to fly?
I know what you mean about waiting. Once your decision is made, you just want it over with. As far as timing, my ivf cycle is taking a full two months. I started bcp's for it 5/20 and don't expect to get the preg test until August. So...the process can take a while longer than your typical cycles. As far as flying, my RE has no restrictions on that. I'd only be concerned about it after the ET. Definately something to ask about.

Hope4light - I'm thinking about you this morning and hoping your ER goes smoothly. Update when you can.

LisaG - How are you doing? Do you know how long you are on bcp's before starting the lupron?

As for me, I had my first stim check-up yesterday (day 5 of stims). My estrogen was 331 and I had 15 follicles on the right and 10 on the left, mostly around 10-11mm. Thankfully, I've stopped bleeding and my lining was 14, which they say is great. I'm to stay on the same course and dosage with all my meds and I go in again tomorrow for the next check. Since they say it's typically between 9 -12 days of stim before ER, I'm anticipating it this weekend or early next week.

I should have listened to you ladies a long time ago. The shots in the belly are soooo much easier. I had been giving them in my thigh and only switched when I could not longer find a non-bruised location. Something about the belly just intimidated me.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#79 of 270 Old 07-09-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I should have listened to you ladies a long time ago. The shots in the belly are soooo much easier. I had been giving them in my thigh and only switched when I could not longer find a non-bruised location. Something about the belly just intimidated me.
Glad to hear the shots in the belly are easier (note to self ) That's great news about your stim response - very exciting!

I'm on bcp until next Friday (the 18th), start lupron Monday the 14th, baseline u/s and blood work is the 24th, stims to start on the 26th, tentative ER is the 6th and we'll see where we go. Here's hoping

My hcg results last Thursday (cd1) were still at 21 (up from 19) Had it drawn again today, hoping for a big, fat zero. How many blood tests does it take to prove I'm really not pregnant? Although I understand that they want to rule out ectopic.

#80 of 270 Old 07-09-2008, 07:26 PM

Hey all!

I'm doing pretty good, a little tired and a little sore. They got 14 eggies, and poor dh had to give 2 samples as his numbers were so low. I call them tomorrow morning at 10:30 to find out the fertilization report, so here's to hoping for some really good news! RE gave me the progesterone suppositories, which aren't too much fun, but they're better than more shots I think! Just a pantyliner and I'm good to go! But, it's three suppositories a DAY!!!

Julia's Mom - I'm glad to hear that everything is looking good! That is SO very exciting! I'm glad that the shots in the belly are working out better... I was pretty intimidated by the belly my first cycle too and was putting them in my thigh's and arms... so I totally hear you!

LisaG - I hope that you hurry up and get that 0 so that you can for sure move on!!!

#81 of 270 Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Hey all!

I'm doing pretty good, a little tired and a little sore. They got 14 eggies, and poor dh had to give 2 samples as his numbers were so low. I call them tomorrow morning at 10:30 to find out the fertilization report, so here's to hoping for some really good news! RE gave me the progesterone suppositories, which aren't too much fun, but they're better than more shots I think! Just a pantyliner and I'm good to go! But, it's three suppositories a DAY!!!
hope4light ~ What a great er! I am so glad everything went well. Praying for all of the embies to be growing and dividing :
#82 of 270 Old 07-09-2008, 09:28 PM

hope4light - yay for all those eggies! :::

#83 of 270 Old 07-10-2008, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey all!

Julia's Mom - I'm glad to hear that everything is looking good! That is SO very exciting! I'm glad that the shots in the belly are working out better... I was pretty intimidated by the belly my first cycle too and was putting them in my thigh's and arms... so I totally hear you!
Congrats, 14 is great! Good luck with the phone call tomorrow.

Y'all must be skinny, I had NO issues with shots in the belly, plenty of inches to pinch and it doesn't hurt hardly at all. Today was my first day of stims, mucho stressful trying to NOT screw it up.....:

#84 of 270 Old 07-10-2008, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Y'all must be skinny, I had NO issues with shots in the belly, plenty of inches to pinch and it doesn't hurt hardly at all. Today was my first day of stims, mucho stressful trying to NOT screw it up.....:
I was just sitting here wondering if that would work with a fat tummy I wouldnt' be nervous about tummy shots, only if I was thin!

Got nearly everything set up now for our trip. And found a local place to do a couple ultrasounds for me for just $160! Now I just have to figure out lodging. A friend might let us use his camper which I'll find out about tomorrow. I figure after the ER and for sure after the ET I will prefer a bed and breakfast though right?
#85 of 270 Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Congratulations Hope4light! : I can't wait to hear the fertilization report.

Quote:
Tee, hee, hee, I am definately NOT skinny. Can I still call it baby fat when the baby is two? It was just something pschological with me about sticking myself there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
I was just sitting here wondering if that would work with a fat tummy I wouldnt' be nervous about tummy shots, only if I was thin!
I asked the nurse about that, since I too was worried about my extra padding. She said it was no problem, since the shot just has to go into the layer of fat beneath the skin (and there's plenty of fat on the stomach). Besides, I thought I had read somewhere that shots to the tummy helped the drugs react faster and stronger.

I had my 2nd u/s and b/w this morning. I get the results at 3pm, but it's looking pretty good I think. I have around 18 on my right and 10 on my left. The sizes are between 11/12 and 16. The tech said they should be above 18 to trigger, so we'll see what the offical results are.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#86 of 270 Old 07-10-2008, 11:01 AM

Hope4Light I am so happy to hear they got 14 eggs! Wow. I can't wait to hear how your embies are doing today. I hope most of them fertilized. How are you feeling? Is the pain really bad? My doctor is going to give me Percocet for the pain but I am wondering if I really need it.

Lisa: I hope your numbers are at 0.

The Lupron shots have gotten pretty easy for me. The first day was the hardest. I don't really have any side effects either. Just a little tired and I had a slight headache twice. I can't complain. No constipation here, either. But that may be due to a high fiber diet.

I have AF right now. I stopped BC over the weekend. I hope this is the last AF for at least a year!!!

#87 of 270 Old 07-10-2008, 02:36 PM

Sri - No, the pain wasn't too bad. My RE gave me percocet too, but I haven't taken any yet.... I'm pretty uncomfortable today, so I MAY take one tonight to help me sleep, but I'm not sure yet... we'll see how I'm feeling....

So, my fertilization report. There were 13 complex, one of which was immature. The embryologist said my eggs were beautiful, which is always a good thing! BUT, she said that dh's morphology was really bad (it was only like 5% and his first sample only yielded some 800,000 swimmers, so you know the second sample was worse since it was withing an hour or an hour 1/2 after the first sample)..... So, here's the rest:

12 ICSI'd
7 Fertilized - 1 fertilized abnormally, 5 fertilized but the pro nuclei are not the best for some reason or another (too far apart, not in the middle, etc) and 1 looks really good. I keep reminding myself that all I need is 1....

The 5 that didn't fertilize at all, she said that the eggs looked really great, the swimmers were in the eggs, but they just weren't doing their job in communicating to each other....

So, here's to 6 embies growing and dividing as they should.... hopefully I'll get 2 to put back at the very least.

I'm just worried that I've gotten this far only to not be given much of a chance for the embies to make it... trying to stay positive, because that 1 is doing pretty good from what they say....

I'll talk to them again tomorrow to see how they are doing....

#88 of 270 Old 07-10-2008, 05:01 PM

hope4light - I'll be thinking of you and those 6 embies. May they all grow strong.

Well, my results are in. The estrogen was 851 and my follicles are between 9 and 16. I'm to continue on the same dosage and go in on Saturday for my next u/s and b/w. I guess this means the ER won't be until Mon at the earliest.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#89 of 270 Old 07-10-2008, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Congratulations Hope4light! : I can't wait to hear the fertilization report.

Tee, hee, hee, I am definately NOT skinny. Can I still call it baby fat when the baby is two? It was just something pschological with me about sticking myself there.

I asked the nurse about that, since I too was worried about my extra padding. She said it was no problem, since the shot just has to go into the layer of fat beneath the skin (and there's plenty of fat on the stomach). Besides, I thought I had read somewhere that shots to the tummy helped the drugs react faster and stronger.
My clinic didn't give me an option, they just said belly. I hope the drugs do work better that way. I still have "baby fat" too and my dd just turned 2! AND I spoke too soon, this morning's shot hurt and continued to smart for quite a while. Didn't help I was in a hurry.

Quote:
I keep reminding myself that all I need is 1....
It's true! and good luck to you. Breathe.

#90 of 270 Old 07-10-2008, 11:56 PM

hope4light - sending you and your embryos lots of good vibes, I hope those 6 continue to develop and rise the the occasion!

Finally heard back from the nurse tonight - beta's down from 21, but still 16, so I'm out for this cycle. Will test again in a week and wait for my period to start again and try this one more f'ing time. : Not particularly a happy camper. Would just like to get out of the freaking starting gate for crying out loud. I'm tired of trying to remember everything works out for a reason. Enough already.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page