JULY IVF Cyclers. - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 270 Old 07-17-2008, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Neese - hang in there and take care of yourself... hopefully your beta will tell a different story....

Julia's Mom - I'm glad to hear you have some fertilization going on!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 270 Old 07-17-2008, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hope4light - How is the tww going? You're almost halfway there!

CRM - I hope your appt goes/went well today. Any idea on when the ER will be? Also, yeah, I had u/s on days 5, 7, and 9 of stims. They must be pretty confidant in you.

Sri Rahda - How are the shots going? Hopefully better. One other thing I forgot to mention is to make sure the alcohol used to clean the area has all dried before giving the shot, otherwise it really stings!

Nese -

Kat's Mommy - How did the ET go?

LisaG - Do you know if your levels have gone back to 0 yet?

As for me, embryology says the embryos are looking good. They still can't distinquish the two best ones, so it looks like a day 5 transfer (Sat) for sure. I just have these fear they won't make it, but I pray the lab knows what they are doing. I'm still sore from the ER, but at least I don't need the extra-strength tylenol all the time. My dh did the first PIO shot last night and it wasn't so bad. Hopefully they stay like that. I never realized how hard the wait between ER and ET would be for me. I feel like I just want to run over there and insist that they give me my babies. These 5 days have seemed like an eternity and I keep thinking that it will only put off my beta for longer. Aaarrrggghhh

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#123 of 270 Old 07-18-2008, 12:05 AM

Thank you so much. I am trying to stay positive.

Julia's Mom... I know what you mean.. the wait between ER and ET is almost as bad as the TWW. Especially when you aren't sure if you are getting a 3 day or 5 day. I am praying for you

Nesehola.gif

Me (39): Bilateral Hydrolapinges (both fallopian tubes removed 5/9/2008)
DH (36): no issues
IVF#1 7/7/08: BFN
IVF#2 10/07/08: BFN
IVF #3 ER 7/25/12 - 21 eggs retrieved/ 10 fertilized. 3 day transfer 7/28 praying.gif

#124 of 270 Old 07-18-2008, 08:44 AM

So when do your clinics do your beta test? It seems like some of you have had to wait a long time (well, I guess that was over on the June IVF list) between ER and beta. My clinic tests 14 days after ER regardless of if you had a 3 day or 5 day transfer.

Julia'sMom - test on Monday showed my levels were still at 16 (my post bcp period arrived Saturday), so we're out until next cycle. Will get my levels tested again Monday the 28th. The nurse said it's not that unusual for it to take so long to come down and someone else said that folic acid can slow it down, so I've stopped taking that. Who knows

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#125 of 270 Old 07-18-2008, 10:32 AM

Hello everyone! Hows everybody doing?

Julia's Mom: I am so happy to hear fertilization occurred! : I'd rather get a report since I think not knowing would be worse for me. Or maybe they are right and it would be easier! I guess it depends on if the report was good or not! Hang in there! Some embies are going to be transferred real soon! I am looking forward to hearing about a BFP!

Nese: Hang in there, hon. I am praying for you! It's not over yet!

LisaG: I am sorry your level hasn't dropped yet. I hope it's down on the 28th.

Hope4Light: How are you doing?

I went for my baseline u/s yesterday. My ovaries are clear! but my lining was thicker than expected on Lupron so I had to get blood work done. I get the results today. The Dr. didn't seem to concerned about it and said I might just need a higher Lupron dosage. So we'll see. I just want to stay on schedule because I am planning this all around my office being closed! I am supposed to start stims tomorrow. But I will need more blood work next Wednesday morning to check if the stim dose is too high or not. If it is I may need to decrease it.

Did I tell you all the problems I had with my pharmacy? They messed up 2x last week and now they even forgot part of my order and it is coming today! I complained to my nurse about them messing up last week and that's when I found out they didn't send everything! So she called them (ands probably let them have it). The manager then called me and apologized profusely but I still wouldn't want to use them ever again (hoping I won't have to!)

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#126 of 270 Old 07-18-2008, 05:23 PM

The TWW sucks. I go back and forth between doing pretty good and freaking out. Still haven't decided if we're going to test or not, but we agreed that if we do, we won't do it before Sunday morning so that it doesn't ruin our weekend if it is bad news.

xpost info from my 'dealing with myslef' thread: I just found out today that the embryologist that told me on Weds that my other two embies made it to freeze was wrong. My embryologist called a little while ago and said that they died and didn't make it to freeze. Something about them closing up so they waited a day to see if they would open back up to blastocysts and they didn't. She said that they'd rather find out before the freeze, otherwise they wouldn't have made it through the freeze thaw cycle, and they like to make sure that they are being honest, and not getting people's hopes up falsly. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad about that, but it is still really depressing and makes you wonder about the one's they put back. but she reminded me that the two they were going to freeze were always a little behind where they should have been, where the one's they put back were at 8 cell when they were supposed to be.

I hate the TWW.

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

#127 of 270 Old 07-18-2008, 05:28 PM

Hope4Light: I am sorry about those two embies not making it to freeze! IVF is such a tough road with many ups and downs. I pray that you get the highest up you can get with a BFP! You are in my thoughts, sweetie.

I got the results of my blood work and I am to continue with the original protocol. I start my stims tomorrow. I am happy to be moving on to the stim stage!

#128 of 270 Old 07-18-2008, 05:35 PM

LisaG - I hope not taking folic acid helps. I don't know yet about my beta. I'm praying it's not a full two weeks since I'm having a Day 5 transfer, but I think it is. Speaking of the beta test, do you think it would be better to take it sooner, if offered, while my husband is out of town or to take it later when he returns? I'm debating whether it would be worse to not have the support if it's negative or to extend the tww he%&?

Hope4Light - A BIG

SriRahda - Yeah for staying on schedule! I'm glad the bw turned out well and good luck on the stims.

So, I got the call. Tomorrow we are to show up at 10:30am for an 11:00am blastocyst transfer. They still won't give me numbers, so I'm an emotional wreck. I was watching March of the Penguins and couldn't keep from bawling. My poor dh. I also over did it on Wednesday and the pain came back from teh ER. So, today I'm just lounging around and it's feeling better. Please pray, pray, pray for those little embies. I really want 2 great quality ones to transfer and of course for them to stick.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#129 of 270 Old 07-18-2008, 05:40 PM

Julia'smom: I am so excited for your transfer tomorrow! I hope it goes smoothly! Does your doctor order bedrest? Mine just says take it easy. Will they finally tell you about your embies tomorrow? Please keep us updated!

#130 of 270 Old 07-19-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Radha View Post
Julia'smom: I am so excited for your transfer tomorrow! I hope it goes smoothly! Does your doctor order bedrest? Mine just says take it easy. Will they finally tell you about your embies tomorrow? Please keep us updated!
Well, the transfer is done. They had a little trouble finding my cervix, but overall it all went well. We transfered two beautiful little blastocysts : and supposedly the stats are ~55% pregnancy rate. The good news is I get my beta on the 29th, so less than a full tww for me. Yeah! They don't order any bedrest, just take it really easy for a day or two and then no heavy lifting or strenuous activity until the beta. That works well since my dh is home on the weekend to care for me and I work on Monday at a very non-physical job. I do wish they had told me about the embies sooner, since we had plenty and I didn't need to worry at all. However, I guess I understand that it's policy and it could add more stress if some are borderline.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#131 of 270 Old 07-19-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
Well, the transfer is done. They had a little trouble finding my cervix, but overall it all went well. We transfered two beautiful little blastocysts : and supposedly the stats are ~55% pregnancy rate. The good news is I get my beta on the 29th, so less than a full tww for me. Yeah! They don't order any bedrest, just take it really easy for a day or two and then no heavy lifting or strenuous activity until the beta. That works well since my dh is home on the weekend to care for me and I work on Monday at a very non-physical job. I do wish they had told me about the embies sooner, since we had plenty and I didn't need to worry at all. However, I guess I understand that it's policy and it could add more stress if some are borderline.
YAY, CONGRATS on your ET!! 55%..Thats pretty good odds!! : Good Luck!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#132 of 270 Old 07-20-2008, 09:08 PM

Julia'sMom - congrats on your ET!! ::: Glad they were able to find your cervix The 29th will be here before you know it - in the mean time, welcome to the womb embryo's and enjoy snuggling in for the long haul! :

Sri - how are you doing on the stims? Hope it's going well

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#133 of 270 Old 07-21-2008, 11:09 AM

Julia's Mom - congrats on the ET!! Sounds like it went smoothly! How's the TWW treating you so far??!!

Neese - how's it going? Big to you...

Sri and CRM - how are the stims doing? CRM - on the u/s, even in my first cycle I had my first u/s and b/w on the 5th day of stims, but I'm sure it makes a difference that they know you're body and how it reacts to the meds.... by the time my third cycle rolled around I had my first b/w on day 3 and my first u/s and second b/w on day 5..... who knows!!

Quick update on me: The TWW is still he**ish, but I'm hanging in there... thanks in large part to you wonderful ladies! I've decided for sure that I'm not going to POAS, although I'm pretty sure that if I did yesterday the HCG would have been completely out of my system. But, I'll hang on to these last 4 days of pure hope, yk?! I'm officially 9dp3dt, and hanging in there!

#134 of 270 Old 07-21-2008, 01:26 PM

hope4light - Good job hangin' in there! The TWW has been rough for me, and it's only been 2 days! : I too am going to try and not POAS before the test. I'd rather just have a definate answer, and it does prolong the hope. So...I'll actually only be 4 days after you...8 days from now...that's not too long, right? My dh is going to have me take the beta while he's out of town, because it would mean waiting 6 additional days if I waited for his return. I just promised that he would be the first to know, so don't expect any early posts on that day from me.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#135 of 270 Old 07-22-2008, 12:14 AM

It's been awhile since I posted last.
1st of all- good luck to everyone who is waiting/stimming/or gearing up for their cycles:

The stimming part of my IVF hasn't been bad at all. A few mood swings, ovaries are getting a bit uncomfortable, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated. I have 18 follies- 14 of them are looking great. I was only a day away from triggering- but have had a setback. I am on day 8 of stims and my estrogen is now at 3700. They have decided to coast me for a day or two but I am freaking out that my ER will be cancelled. Has this happened to anyone before? Should I be worried??
#136 of 270 Old 07-22-2008, 09:14 AM

Bellyenvy - My first cycle was cancelled due to high estrogen levels and a high number of follies. My RE didn't try to coast me, but that's because I was on day 8 of stims (hadn't taken day 9 yet) and my E was over 5600... with some 60 follies.... So I KNOW all too well what your going through.

Here's the little bit I can give. I was so distraught over the cancellation, I really went home and didn't move from the couch all day. I cried and cried , and just felt like the whole world was crashing down on me and it was never going to happen. I got more uncomfortable for the next few days until there was no more stims in my system, and then as the follies died off I stopped taking the Lupron and ovulated out the dead girls. It sucked so badly. I know now that part of my overemotional response (fear, guilt, discontent, depression, and even some anger) were probably side effects from the Lupron that were multiplying the feelings times like 2000..... and I still look back at it and think it SUCKED.

However, I am glad now that they cancelled it, because it does become very dangerous in terms of the possibility of OHSS. On top of that, you don't want to use an imperfect cycle when you are spending this much money. It is worth it if cancelling a cycle helps them to determine the best meds protocal to make it happen for you. Unfortunately, I actually had two cancelled cycle's before we ever made it to ER and ET. Then they were talking about taking them and doing an FET if I flew again, but my third cycle was so much better. On day 10 of stims (I hadn't taken day 11 yet), my E was at 3100, so I triggered that night. My RE says most people are between 2000 and 3000 when he takes them.

Keep hoping that the coasting will help, I heard it does in some cases. Just remember, if they cancel, that just means that the next time around will be better in so many ways, and less dangerous for you. After all, is it really worth it if you get extremely sick?

If you ever want to talk, I'm here for you. I remember how hard it was - it was just in February for me. That was when I found these wonderful ladies, and they definately helped me through it as well!! But to you, hang in there and keep us updated on what happens! You're in my prayers... :

#137 of 270 Old 07-22-2008, 07:59 PM

Thanks for your feedback, Hope4Light!

As it turns out, my levels do not worry my RE at all. I trigger tonight for an ER on Thursday! Then hoping for a transfer next Tuesday :

I will keep my fingers crossed for you and the others in the tww!
Thank you for the support- it really does help.

Look forward to hearing some good, positive news from y'all soon!
#138 of 270 Old 07-23-2008, 09:37 AM

This morning when I went to the bathroom, I spotted bright red blood on the TP, but there was nothing in the liner... I'm a little nervous as I am 11dp3dt, so I wouldn't think at this point that it would be transplant spotting... I've had what I almost call gas-like pains since the Monday after the Saturday transfer, kind of off and on, but it felt like what my ovaries felt like after a couple days of stims, so I was hoping that was all it was....

Beta isn't until Friday... I'm worried... what are your thoughts???

#139 of 270 Old 07-23-2008, 10:22 AM

Bellyenvy - Yeah for triggering! Good luck with your ER.

Hope4light - I don't think you're out yet. I know I had a few episodes of bleeding with my first and dd was fine. Hold onto that hope! As far as the gas/cramping pains, I've been having them as well. A lot the day after ET and occassionally since then (on top of the gas and constipation). I'm assuming it's just my ovaries trying to return to normal after so much work.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#140 of 270 Old 07-23-2008, 12:53 PM

Bellyenvy - I'm glad they're going ahead, good luck with the ER!!!

So, I called the office and asked about it, and since I'm on the progesterone suppositories, they said that this was something that tended to happen because it can irritate the vagina. So, I'm feeling a little bit better, but stressed. Because not only did this happen this morning, but last night we had 4 bats in our house! So, we're waiting on pest control to go remove them, but now we're worried about the disease's that they may carry and what not.... at least the dog is up to date on her rabies vaccine!!!

Ugh, just two more days... hopefully we'll be able to stay at home tonight versus with someone.....

#141 of 270 Old 07-23-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4light View Post
So, I called the office and asked about it, and since I'm on the progesterone suppositories, they said that this was something that tended to happen because it can irritate the vagina.
You think that's something they could have told you : Did they say they may cause both the spotting and cramping? Just asking, since I'm also on the suppositories (and pio, yeah for me.)

I also wanted to say that yesterday I gave myself my first PIO shot. My dh was working too late to do it for me. : It's awkward with the angle, but didn't hurt much.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#142 of 270 Old 07-23-2008, 05:09 PM

they said my hormone levels look great : Now I just have to make it until Monday for my BETA - terrified here. THis is our last chance.
#143 of 270 Old 07-23-2008, 07:33 PM

Hi girls. I haven't been around in a few days. I had b/w today because they wanted to test my E2 level to see if they need to decrease my meds. I have been stimmed 4 times and my E2 was 1061. They said that was good but they are still decreasing my meds in half. I am now going to take Follistim 75 and 1 vial of Menopur. Is this number (E2) good for this stage in the game? I go on Friday for the same b/w and an u/s. They are going to check my follies. I'd love to have a ER on Monday but I guess we have to see how it goes.

NicoleMarie: I am hoping for a good beta result!!!

hope4light: I will be using the suppositories, too. They told me I could take them rectally but I don't know how I feel about that yet.

Julia'sMom: Hang in there! Your beta will be here before you know it! I hope this is it for you.

Bellenvy: Best wishes for a successful ER!

LisaG: My clinic does it 14 days pat ER BUT they don't tell you the results until AFTER the 2nd beta! That's going to kill me! You bet I will cave in and use a HPT.

Nese: Any news?

#144 of 270 Old 07-23-2008, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone! I wrote a big post a few days ago and the system timed me out and I lost it, since then things have been crazy so now I feel like I'm so far behind and out of the loop! I hope everyone is doing well!!

I have been on quite a rollercoaster ride. I went for u/s and b/w last Thursday, they said I had lots of follies but not big enough and upped the does of my evening stim. I went back for u/s and b/w on Saturday and they took me off stims totally because lots of my follies were big enough but my blood levels were too high. Okay. Back in on Sunday, levels had gone up, not down. Starting to freak out. :

Back in on Monday, just for b/w because they knew my follies were numerous and big enough. Started sobbing at the lab tech (she thought she had really hurt me with the needle, poor woman). She brought in a nurse who talked to me about OHSS and the possibility that they might do ER but not ET because if I did get pg the OHSS would get way worse. Not knowing WTH was going to happen made me completely stressed. And super high estrogen levels = weepy mess. They found some time for the RE to talk to me and she was very reassuring. She said I could "coast" with no meds for 4 or 5 days without it being a big problem and that the cycle would likely go ahead as planned. Later that day they called and said the lab results showed that my levels had gone down a bit and I triggered on Monday night.

So I have been doing as little as possible, my dh has been fully in charge of my dd (who is missing me and trying to jump on me and my ovaries every second it seems like). I am so bloated and gassy and uncomfortable. Trying to be NOT constipated means I have been eating lots of salad and fruit, but since I am not moving enough I am full of gassy gas! :

So this morning was my ER, it went so well!! Except for my dh having to practically break in to our friend's house because she didn't wake up when he got there to drop off dd. The adavan really did the trick for me and they looked back at my chart at how much total sedative/painkiller they gave me last time and gave me that amount right off the bat, rather than doling it out. And I think knowing what to expect made it easier and the RE doing it was fab and very reassuring. I kept telling him I was doing fine and to keep going, empty every possible follicle please! He said he did and they got....... drumroll please...... 25 eggs. I am so happy. :

I am pretty sore though and I think I'm going to pretty much have to hide from my dd for the next day or two, bit guilty.

Sorry for the novel, but I wanted to include my worries about coasting, I see that someone else has just been through that too.

to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#145 of 270 Old 07-24-2008, 09:36 AM

Crazyrunningmama: Wow, what a rollercoaster! But what really matters right now is that they got 25 eggs!!! : That is so wonderful! Will you get a fertilization report? Relax while you are recovering and treat yourself to something you really like...maybe ice cream! I have a really good feeling about this cycle!

#146 of 270 Old 07-24-2008, 10:34 AM

LisaMarieG & Hope4Light - for those betas.

Sri Rahda - Sorry, I don't know about the E number. Mine was lower at that point, but it all depends on how many eggs you have, etc. Glad to hear the stimming is going well and ER may be soon.

Crazyrunningmama - What a roller coaster indeed! Thank goodness they started to go down and wow 25 eggs is great! I understand about the toddler. I still remind mine that Mommy has an owie on her tummy to keep her from jumping too hard. Overall, she's been great about walking everywhere herself and not asking for uppy, but there's still been more tv and just plain slacking than usual. We finally made it out to the park a couple of days after ET. Definately take it easy and let dh take control. I tried to take her to the park in the wagon a couple days after ER and found out it was too much and put me back into a lot of pain.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all be in the same DDC? I think my due date would be in early April.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#147 of 270 Old 07-24-2008, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Wouldn't it be great if we could all be in the same DDC? I think my due date would be in early April.
YES! that would be so awesome. how are you doing?

#148 of 270 Old 07-24-2008, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I never realized how hard the wait between ER and ET would be for me. I feel like I just want to run over there and insist that they give me my babies. These 5 days have seemed like an eternity and I keep thinking that it will only put off my beta for longer. Aaarrrggghhh
I am feeling exactly like this!!!

#149 of 270 Old 07-24-2008, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4light View Post
I hate the TWW.
: for you at your beta tomorrow!!!

#150 of 270 Old 07-24-2008, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Radha View Post
I am happy to be moving on to the stim stage!
How's it been going?

Sorry for the multiple posts everyone, whenever I try to multi-quote I get timed out and lose it all. And if I don't quote I forget what I wanted to say (Oh, love this estrogen brain!)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page