JULY IVF Cyclers. - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
First ... 5  6  7 8  9 
Infertility > JULY IVF Cyclers.
Julia'sMom's Avatar Julia'sMom 08:08 PM 07-29-2008
Sri Rahda - Wow! 26 eggs is fabulous! I'm glad you've found some peace.

Airmide - Enjoy that whirlpool as long as you can. After ER I was told no more baths.

As for me. . .beta came back at 280. : So stupid POAS test. It was sooo not worth the stress. Please send me as many sticky prayers and thoughts as possible. I go back on Thursday for my 2nd beta. :

Oh, and both my dh and I called the PRN (patients result network) within seconds of each other. So, even with the distance we both knew at the same time.

crazyrunningmama's Avatar crazyrunningmama 08:52 PM 07-29-2008
Whooooooooooo hooo!!!!

Congratulations, Julia'smom!!! : Sticky vibes coming your way. I am so happy for you!!!!
wantads's Avatar wantads 09:12 PM 07-29-2008
Might I ask what the soonest number of days you can get a beta test at after egg transfer. Is 9 days too soon? Thanks.
Sri Radha's Avatar Sri Radha 09:42 PM 07-29-2008
Congratulations, Julia's Mom! : That's a great beta number!
pinkfriend's Avatar pinkfriend 12:15 AM 07-30-2008
Hey Julia'sMom,

I was wondering about you today! Congratulations...I am very very happy for you!
poetgirl's Avatar poetgirl 12:19 AM 07-30-2008
I'm always here : and I couldn't be HAPPIER for you Julia's Mom!
:::
It is so SWEET to see you get a BF-BETA!
All the Best to you~and everyone else here!
Julia'sMom's Avatar Julia'sMom 12:56 AM 07-30-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wantads View Post
Might I ask what the soonest number of days you can get a beta test at after egg transfer. Is 9 days too soon? Thanks.
I think it depends a lot on what day your transfer was done. I had my beta test 10 days after a 5-day ET. If I had a 3-day ET, I think it would have been 12-14 days after the ET.

Thanks for all the congrats ladies! I still can't believe it as I had myself convinced it didn't work. I'm so excited to do my PIO shot tonight, and I never though I'd say that.
Seedlings's Avatar Seedlings 02:34 AM 07-30-2008
Julia's Mom ~

:::: :: ::: ::::
Sri Radha's Avatar Sri Radha 02:40 PM 07-30-2008
19 fertilized! : I am over the moon!
pinkfriend's Avatar pinkfriend 03:15 PM 07-30-2008
Congrats Sri!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!::
by-the-lake's Avatar by-the-lake 04:18 PM 07-30-2008
Sri -So wonderful!!! Congrats::::
crazyrunningmama's Avatar crazyrunningmama 05:47 PM 07-30-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Radha View Post
19 fertilized! : I am over the moon!
Congrats, that's awesome!!
crazyrunningmama's Avatar crazyrunningmama 05:52 PM 07-30-2008
I have been through this before AND I know better, but..... my boobs hurt - maybe I'm pregnant, maybe it's the progesterone, I'm really tired - maybe I'm pregnant, maybe it's the progesterone, I'm kind of achey - maybe I'm pregnant, maybe it's the progesterone....... You see where this is going. And it's only been a week since ER, my first beta isn't until the 8th!!! Company arriving today, going away for the weekend, distractions will help!!!
airmide_m's Avatar airmide_m 11:21 PM 07-30-2008
Julia'smom I am SO excited for you!!

Sri Radha that is fantastic and I'm envious!

My egg retrieval was last night. I took a bath right before and brought hot water bottles with me. I also thought about each follicle and sort of asked it to be just perfectly ready. I don't know if that helped but it sure didn't hurt!

I had 31 follicles, and they got 30 eggs out!! The problem is that somehow my husband's sperm got even worse! The doctor stayed ALL night, till 5am and found every single live sperm he could. Now 5 are at the pronuclei phase, and he did ICSI on the other 15, but he said he had some technical difficulties so we'll see how it goes with them. I guess he didn't say if he can tell if they fertilized or not yet so I'm guessing not? He said he will update me tomorrow afternoon and we will decide when to transfer.
Sri Radha's Avatar Sri Radha 11:48 PM 07-30-2008
airmide: Wow, 30 is a lot of eggs! I am sorry that your DH's sperm wasn't doing so well. My DH was worried about his sample yesterday because he thought it was low volume. We also have sperm issues. 5 is still good. I am praying that those 5 continue to grow nice and strong for you. I hope you get news tomorrow that more fertilized. Your doctor sounds very dedicated to his work staying so late for you! Keep us updated. How are you feeling? I am still on a good deal of pain.

Crazyrunningmama: Stay strong! Remember it's too early to test. I hope these are all good signs for you!


Thank you to everyone for your kind words and support!
Julia'sMom's Avatar Julia'sMom 12:33 AM 07-31-2008
Sri Rahda - Yeah for fertilization! That is awesome! :

airmide - Wow! 30 eggs, you women are egg producing goddesses! Sorry about the sperm, but what a great doctor to go to such lengths for you! I'll keep all of those little guys in my thoughts.

Crazyrunningmama - Distractions are great! I checked out a lot of books from the library, non-baby/pregnancy/fertility related to distract me. I also did a lot of visualization of the embryo implanting and making a wonderful home. Any symptoms I had I accounted to the PIO, just to keep me sane. Take care and I hope the next week goes quickly until you get your bfp.
airmide_m's Avatar airmide_m 04:43 PM 07-31-2008
Thanks for the encouragement! I think any thoughts or prayers going to the embryos sure can't hurt! I am sort of feeling like my positive thinking may have helped some.

I am surprisingly not in much pain. I was in agony leading up to the egg retrieval, I imagine because of having SO many eggs. Right after the procedure I immediatly felt a little better, though still in lots of pain. Well enough though to stop by the grocery store and drag my feet leaning on the cart through the store lol. Yesterday we went out and did a little bit but not much. Then I was feeling tired and went to sleep about 6, woke up in the middle of the night for my PIO and estrogen patches, went pretty much right back to bed and woke up again now at 10 lol.

My husband said I look like I've lost at least 10-15 pounds since the retrieval and I sure do feel like it!

Now we are just waiting for this afternoon and getting our updates. And trying to have good distractions and lots of visualizations of all the embryos being super healthy.
Julia'sMom's Avatar Julia'sMom 05:27 PM 07-31-2008
Airmide - I'm so glad the ER went well and you're now feeling much better. I hope you only get good news.

So, the 2nd beta is back...680 (1st beta was 280)! Yeah! I am going to officially say it now...I'M PREGNANT!
Sri Radha's Avatar Sri Radha 05:39 PM 07-31-2008
Julia's Mom Congrats on the second beta! What a great number! :
bellyenvy's Avatar bellyenvy 07:16 PM 07-31-2008
stopping in to touch base:

Julia's mom- CONGRATS you did it!!

Airmide- glad to hear the ER went well! Those are good numbers:

Sri- so good to hear you also had a succsessful ER:

CRM- I am right there with you...1st beta is on the 7th & already I'm getting anxious. I am feeling some dull cramps today, which scares me. We had 3 day 5's transferred on Tuesday. I am hoping for a miracle!:
crazyrunningmama's Avatar crazyrunningmama 08:11 PM 07-31-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post

My husband said I look like I've lost at least 10-15 pounds since the retrieval and I sure do feel like it!
Me too! Take it easy if even if you're not feeling too bad, it's a rough time on your body - don't push it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post

So, the 2nd beta is back...680 (1st beta was 280)! Yeah! I am going to officially say it now...I'M PREGNANT!
: So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyenvy View Post

CRM- I am right there with you...1st beta is on the 7th & already I'm getting anxious. I am feeling some dull cramps today, which scares me. We had 3 day 5's transferred on Tuesday. I am hoping for a miracle!:
And I had 2 day 3's transfered on Saturday, making your embies one day younger than mine. (I am just being silly). Cramps could very well be due to digestion issues (yes, I AM bringing up constipation AGAIN). Also I assume that after my ovaries swelled up like grapefruits, there is some rearranging going on in there now that they are shrinking. My boobs still hurt and the progesterone is knocking me out.
Here's some : for both of us!
And everyone else out there, too.
Julia'sMom's Avatar Julia'sMom 12:50 PM 08-01-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
Cramps could very well be due to digestion issues (yes, I AM bringing up constipation AGAIN). Also I assume that after my ovaries swelled up like grapefruits, there is some rearranging going on in there now that they are shrinking. My boobs still hurt and the progesterone is knocking me out.
I also had a lot of cramping the day after the ET and then off and on during the tww. I do agree that it may be constipation. This may be TMI, but it hurt each time I had a bm since I felt like I was straining the abdomen area. Unfortunately, it still hasn't all gone away, maybe the progesterone. My boobs never hurt but I was knocked out and still need naps. I think symptom vary so much. Good luck to both of you!!!
airmide_m's Avatar airmide_m 08:00 PM 08-01-2008
As of yesterday there were 7 at the pronuclei stage, 3 or 4 looking somewhat promising. The rest hadn't gotten to pronuclei and really should have by then.

All along I have felt like this was going to be it, this was going to work for us. And now I am starting to really worry and stress. I'm trying to distract myself but it's difficult. I guess I thought we'd have more who were doing better.

The doctor said we will check in today and if there are some clearly doing better than others probably transfer today, otherwise wait another day or two. We are going home Sunday evening so we can't transfer any later than Sunday afternoon. I'm just praying there are enough and maybe more of the others perked up too.

I've been having some cramping too. I was constipated for a little while, not long thank goodness. Then the opposite happened! I thought it was because I was drinking tons of kefir and some grape juice. But my husband wasn't having either and had the same problem so who knows what it was. I actually prefer it because with my ovaries still being swollen it's less painful than constipation lol. Oh also I was wondering if some of the digestional issues could be from the antibiotic they gave me day of ER and day after.
Aly22681's Avatar Aly22681 10:15 PM 08-03-2008
Julia'sMom:: CONGRATS!!! ::
I am so happy for you!!!!
Julia'sMom's Avatar Julia'sMom 11:25 AM 08-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
The doctor said we will check in today and if there are some clearly doing better than others probably transfer today, otherwise wait another day or two. We are going home Sunday evening so we can't transfer any later than Sunday afternoon. I'm just praying there are enough and maybe more of the others perked up too.
Any updates? I'm praying the ET and your journey home went smoothly.

NicoleMarie - I'm still thinking of you...

Good luck to all of you in the tww!
crazyrunningmama's Avatar crazyrunningmama 02:55 PM 08-04-2008
Okay. I so thought that I would be more relaxed and realistic this time around, but no. I went away on the weekend, and overdid somewhat (thinking - if I'm not pg it will because I did too much walking), was subjected to crazy loud screaming yesterday at a children's play area (thinking - if I'm not pg it will be because of this awful noise level). I am officially supposed to test on the 8th, but I think I am going to go on the 7th, much more convenient for my life (I already have childcare on the 7th) and I don't want to wait over the weekend if they don't get results the same day. I have no desire to POAS though, I didn't last cycle either. I think it would just make my crazier! Btw, lots of weird twingey cramps, but I am okay with it because it could mean good things (things are "cooking" as a nurse once said to me) or digestive issues (yes, still) or just things still calming down after stims.

How is everyone doing? Did you have ET airmide, are you doing okay? Do you have a long trip home? How's your recovery from ER going Sri Rahad? Hope all is well with you both.

Blessings everyone!!
Julia'sMom's Avatar Julia'sMom 03:02 PM 08-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
Okay. I so thought that I would be more relaxed and realistic this time around, but no. I went away on the weekend, and overdid somewhat (thinking - if I'm not pg it will because I did too much walking), was subjected to crazy loud screaming yesterday at a children's play area (thinking - if I'm not pg it will be because of this awful noise level). I am officially supposed to test on the 8th, but I think I am going to go on the 7th, much more convenient for my life (I already have childcare on the 7th) and I don't want to wait over the weekend if they don't get results the same day. I have no desire to POAS though, I didn't last cycle either. I think it would just make my crazier! Btw, lots of weird twingey cramps, but I am okay with it because it could mean good things (things are "cooking" as a nurse once said to me) or digestive issues (yes, still) or just things still calming down after stims.

How is everyone doing? Did you have ET airmide, are you doing okay? Do you have a long trip home? How's your recovery from ER going Sri Rahad? Hope all is well with you both.

Blessings everyone!!
I did the same thing in the tww. I was convinced I was not pregnant and decided to trim our bushes a couple of feet. So there I was in the heat on a ladder sweating it out with the clippers. :roll I think you'll be fine. And good for you not giving into POAS. That was so miserable for me that I'll never do it again. Hopefully this week will go quickly and the 7th will be here before you know it with lots of good news!
Sri Radha's Avatar Sri Radha 03:25 PM 08-04-2008
airmide: I also hope we get an update soon! You are in my thoughts!!!

CRM: I have a good feeling about this cycle. I have it in my head you are pregnant. For some reason, I thought you already got your BFP! Hopefully this is some good intuition on my part!

Everything is ok with me. Just waiting for AF. I think I have a week before she shows up. Things will be quiet with me for some time. But I am still coming back to cheer you guys on! :
OrganicSister's Avatar OrganicSister 12:28 AM 08-05-2008
So I've popped in awhile ago when I was hoping to start a July cycle. I had the polyp successfully rmoved and we're set to start meds on Aug 18th.

Nervous. Excited. I started a baby blog: http://ourlittlebabyblog.wordpress.com/

I'll try to keep up with the posts here. Wishing us all good luck!
crazyrunningmama's Avatar crazyrunningmama 02:26 AM 08-05-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSister View Post
So I've popped in awhile ago when I was hoping to start a July cycle. I had the polyp successfully rmoved and we're set to start meds on Aug 18th.

Nervous. Excited. I started a baby blog: http://ourlittlebabyblog.wordpress.com/

I'll try to keep up with the posts here. Wishing us all good luck!
Good luck. Plan some nice things for yourself and DON'T LET YOURSELF GET CONSTIPATED!!!
First ... 5  6  7 8  9 

Up