JULY IVF Cyclers. - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 270 Old 08-09-2008, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 8dp3dt. I've been getting little pms type cramps since about Monday (3dp3dt) (TMI warning) yesterday I started getting a little *very* slightly pink/brown tinged creamy CM, then today I woke up to a tiny bit of bright red spotting.

Does that sound about right in timing and description to be implantation spotting? I did POAS and the result was a clear bfn but I expected that so early.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 270 Old 08-11-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
I'm 8dp3dt. I've been getting little pms type cramps since about Monday (3dp3dt) (TMI warning) yesterday I started getting a little *very* slightly pink/brown tinged creamy CM, then today I woke up to a tiny bit of bright red spotting.

Does that sound about right in timing and description to be implantation spotting? I did POAS and the result was a clear bfn but I expected that so early.
I don't know, but it sounds hopeful! I know I had major (lay in bed) cramping the day after a 5dt and then continue to have minor cramping on occasion even up to now.

I think you asked earlier about the timing of the beta. Mine was 10 days after ET, 15 days after ER. I did POAS 8 days after ET and it was a bfn. Hope that helps!

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#243 of 270 Old 08-12-2008, 01:05 AM

Thanks! I'm serioulsy starting to stress. 10dp3dt now and still snow white on the pee sticks. Cramping badly off and on, and still spotting somewhere between pink/brown/red off and on.

I'm really thinking I may get the first beta done on Wednesday (12dp3dt). I just can't stand the thought of waiting till Friday, and then them not calling me till Monday. Or calling with bad news Friday. We've been invited to a BBQ Saturday and I'm sorta looking forward to it so I'd rather get the devestation out of the way if it's coming (yeah I'm doing a GREAT job of thinking positive huh?)
#244 of 270 Old 08-12-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmide_m View Post
Thanks! I'm serioulsy starting to stress. 10dp3dt now and still snow white on the pee sticks. Cramping badly off and on, and still spotting somewhere between pink/brown/red off and on.

I'm really thinking I may get the first beta done on Wednesday (12dp3dt). I just can't stand the thought of waiting till Friday, and then them not calling me till Monday. Or calling with bad news Friday. We've been invited to a BBQ Saturday and I'm sorta looking forward to it so I'd rather get the devestation out of the way if it's coming (yeah I'm doing a GREAT job of thinking positive huh?)
I'd really hold off on the POAS if you can. It's just so much pressure. And don't give up yet, 10dp3dt is the same as 8dp5dt when I also got a snow white pee stick. Yet, my beta was fine. Do you notice if you're cramping badly shortly before a bm or gas? I know that's when I usually have ones that tend to double me over. Regardless, I'm sending you lots of sticky vibes :

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#245 of 270 Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 AM

Talked to the nurse and she said it was fine to go for the beta today. It was negative. Don't know the exact numbers. Should have detected *something* by now right?

I was cramping with gas sometimes but mostly just normal PMS type cramps. And once several days ago I sneezed and thought my ovary exploded lol.

At this point I'm almost relieved to have the answer even though it's bad. I was stressing out really badly everyone telling me it would be fine (not here, I appreciate that support, I mean in real life with people who haven't been through it) when I knew it wasn't going to be.

Now I have to wait till NOVEMBER because my doctor's schedule is really busy. And I am scared it won't work even then because he had so much trouble finding enough sperm this time and it could be even worse next time.
#246 of 270 Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 AM

Airmide - I'm so sorry. Take time to grieve and then I hope you do get to enjoy the BBQ on Saturday.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#247 of 270 Old 08-13-2008, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

airmide. Take care of yourself.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#248 of 270 Old 08-13-2008, 07:29 PM

Airmide: I am so sorry! Have you tried any of the ways people try to improve sperm? There's a thread about it somewhere around here. Maybe Maca powder? You are in my thoughts and prayers. I wont be having an FET until October/Novermber-ish so maybe we will be cycling together again. Much love to you.

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#249 of 270 Old 08-14-2008, 05:07 PM

This is probably a stupid question but a friend who unsuccessfully went thru IVF a couple years ago mentioned that I would continue having to do hormone shots AFTER a positive pregnancy test.

Now I admit to being sort of out of it when it comes to handling the IVF (not like me at all but perhaps my coping mechnism?) but I did *not* know I'd have to keep up with the hormones part the ET. Why? Is it absolutely necessary?

IVF is kinda out of my element as it is. We're a bunch of natural hippies. The idea of hormones WHILE pregnant worries me to no end. And are ultrasounds absolutely necessary? Cuz I really don't want one while pregnant at all.

I guess I was just hoping I could get a positive pregnancy test, then walk back to my non-western medicine lifestyle and leave all the icky stuff there. How long will I have to stick around before I can give the doctor the boot?
#250 of 270 Old 08-14-2008, 05:08 PM

P.S. I started an August IVF thread for anyone interested.
#251 of 270 Old 08-14-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSister View Post
This is probably a stupid question but a friend who unsuccessfully went thru IVF a couple years ago mentioned that I would continue having to do hormone shots AFTER a positive pregnancy test.

Now I admit to being sort of out of it when it comes to handling the IVF (not like me at all but perhaps my coping mechnism?) but I did *not* know I'd have to keep up with the hormones part the ET. Why? Is it absolutely necessary?

IVF is kinda out of my element as it is. We're a bunch of natural hippies. The idea of hormones WHILE pregnant worries me to no end. And are ultrasounds absolutely necessary? Cuz I really don't want one while pregnant at all.

I guess I was just hoping I could get a positive pregnancy test, then walk back to my non-western medicine lifestyle and leave all the icky stuff there. How long will I have to stick around before I can give the doctor the boot?
OrganicSister - the only hormone that continues after ET is progesterone (and I think there's some kinda steroid around ER and ET to help with implantation). Anyway, the progesterone is to help sustain the pregnancy and yes, it is necessary. My understanding is when they do the ER they also take away a lot of the cells that would tell your body to start producing progesterone to sustain the pregnancy. So, you need to substitute, it looks like possible until 12 weeks.

There is probably some descrepancy as to how many ultrasounds, if any, you'll need. They will want to verify location of pregnancy (uterus vs. ectopic) and the number of pregnancy (singleton, twin, etc). Beyond that the rest is for monitoring and peace of mind. I don't believe they can do anything if the pregnancy is not growing, so I don't think they're necessare required.

Your RE will likely want to keep you until around 12 weeks, however you can give him the boot when you're comfortable since you are the client. Just make sure you know what to do about progesterone and I know I'm trying to not burn any bridges in case, heaven forbid, I need help again. Good luck.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#252 of 270 Old 08-15-2008, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

My second beta came back at only 8, apparently last week is was 91 so they were a bit worried anyway (not that they told me that). So I guess I was pregnant for a minute. I hung up on the nurse before she could even tell me what happens now. Wait for AF, I guess.

#253 of 270 Old 08-15-2008, 03:39 PM

Oh no.... I am so sorry CRM. Take care of yourself...sending you lots of positive energy and hugs of course.
#254 of 270 Old 08-15-2008, 03:48 PM

Crazyrunningmama-
I am so sorry to hear your news.

Loving wife to Kate. So in love with Amelia. Born August 14, 2009
#255 of 270 Old 08-15-2008, 10:05 PM

CRM: I am so sorry. I can't believe this! I am sending lots of love your way.

#256 of 270 Old 08-16-2008, 01:00 PM

crazyrunningmama - I'm ssssoooo sorry. Take care of yourself and know that you are in our thoughts.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#257 of 270 Old 08-19-2008, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

I just wanted to say again - thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and support. I really appreciate it. I am doing okay and being thankful that we will be able to do at least one FET (13 frozen embryos). Only one friend IRL knew I was going through this and I am glad I had the extra support here.

back to all of you
and good luck to each of you on your own journey :

Oh, and we booked my flight to Vegas, now just have to organize childcare.....

#258 of 270 Old 08-19-2008, 08:32 PM

Glad to hear you have Vegas to look forward to CRM. And yay for frozen embies. Take good care of yourself

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#259 of 270 Old 08-19-2008, 10:11 PM

CRM - Yeah for Vegas! Be sure to enjoy some of those tasty beverages for me too! Good luck when you do you FET and I wish you the best.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#260 of 270 Old 08-20-2008, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
CRM - Yeah for Vegas! Be sure to enjoy some of those tasty beverages for me too! Good luck when you do you FET and I wish you the best.
I will (hmmm Bailey's). Although I wonder if people reading this think I am a complete idiot being excited about Vegas instead of being pg. My IRL friend keeps telling me "you know you're still crazy" ie. from hormones, emotions etc. and she's right. I feel like I'm not making any sense and I'm just coping moment to moment. I look forward to updates from you Julia'sMom, I enjoyed having you for a cycle buddy and I am so excited for you and your TWO babies. Are you telling anyone yet?

#261 of 270 Old 08-20-2008, 02:19 PM

Hey CRM, you gotta do what you gotta do. I know I too had contigency plans. Sure, they weren't as great as being pregnant, but it definately gave me something to look forward to if I wasn't.

Thanks for the excitement. I think dh and I are still in a bit of shock. I did get to see two heartbeats at last week's ultrasound and I go in again tomorrow. If all is well, I think I'm then discharged from the RE. Right now I'm on a search for an ob that will even consider a twin vbac. I have one potential (cross your fingers) that actually is a group of 3 midwives with an overseeing ob. I'd be so excited if they'll take me. I will keep following/lurking around here too and I'd love to see you get your bfp in no time.

Just wanted to say that at today's appt I was able to hear the heartbeats. There's still two beans in there, both with heartrates around 140. I told my dh it's time to start facing the reality of twins. He is ssssooooo freaked out. As if he didn't have any part.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#262 of 270 Old 08-22-2008, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Good luck with finding a good care provider!!! Can you imagine the good old days when people found out they were having twins when they were in labour??? Hope your dh stops 'ing soon! I will pop over to the April DDC to live vicariously once and while and see how you are all doing. Best of luck to you!!!

#263 of 270 Old 08-22-2008, 08:18 AM

My contingency plans if I don't get pregnant this fall....I am buying a Vespa!

But I'd rather have a baby.

Julia's Mom; I hope your DH comes around and stops being freaked out. I am sure he will and he will be in love with the idea of twins. I guess it takes some people some time to get used to the idea.

#264 of 270 Old 08-22-2008, 09:45 AM

Congratulations on the twins Julia'sMom - and yeah, I'd be right there with your dh I actually know a woman who had twins unexpectedly - this was her 2nd pregnancy. She had a home birth and was under midwife care the entire time, so no u/s. One twin was well tucked behind the other one. Poor woman, she was so shell-shocked. A friend of mine was at her birth and remembers after the first one came out turning to the midwife and saying "I'm pretty sure there's still another one in there". That poor mom was so shell-shocked. I can only imagine.

Sri - when's your FET scheduled? I hope you get a baby vs. a vespa

#265 of 270 Old 08-22-2008, 11:56 AM

LisaG: I don't have an exact time yet. I got AF 8/11 and I have to wait for one more. Then I start BCP's for 3 weeks, get another AF and then prepare for the transfer! I am guessing late October-ish. My cycles are irregular so I am worried it is gong to take extra long to have this next cycle on my own. If it doesn't show I will have to take provera and make the whole thing even longer!

I can't imagine being surprised with twins at birth! My friend is a twin and her mother was told by her doctor, "You might want to buy 2 of everything. That is a very strong heartbeat!" She didn't know for sure until they were born, but at least she knew it was a possibility!

#266 of 270 Old 08-22-2008, 12:47 PM

Julia's Mom - It is wonderful to hear that your twins are doing well : :.

Crazyrunningmama - I am so sorry to hear about your beta. This ivf is a pita literally. I wish I could go to Vegas with ya. That is the perfect escape from all of this. Beside you can drink pretty much all day ! Have a really fun time. Try not to get video tapped for u-tube.

I gotta run.
#267 of 270 Old 08-22-2008, 03:16 PM

Sri - that must feel like such a long time. I hope it passes quickly and that your cycle pleasantly surprises you with showing up on time.

#268 of 270 Old 08-22-2008, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Radha View Post
LisaG: I don't have an exact time yet. I got AF 8/11 and I have to wait for one more. Then I start BCP's for 3 weeks, get another AF and then prepare for the transfer! I am guessing late October-ish. My cycles are irregular so I am worried it is gong to take extra long to have this next cycle on my own. If it doesn't show I will have to take provera and make the whole thing even longer!
I'm looking at the same timeline, more or less. I finally talked to the nurse today (when she called to tell me about the second beta I hung up part way through the call, not really caring about what else she had to say). So I have to go for b/w to make sure my levels are back to zero, then wait for a "normal" AF, the bcps, suppression and hopefully ET. My cycles are long too, and no idea what will happen to this cycle following a m/c. I was only pg for a couple of weeks, but my body is not bouncing back to normal just yet. See you on the FET thread, if we start one.

#269 of 270 Old 08-22-2008, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey all,
I know that I've been MIA for a couple of weeks, and I've missed a lot in that time. Works been crazy and I haven't had time to check there, or at home because we've been trying to keep ourselves busy. We have a consult with the RE on Wednesday to talk everything out.

Either way, I wanted to say congrats to the BFP's, and I'm so sorry for the BFN's. I commiserate with you.

I will say, that this cycle off has been about the most relaxing cycle that I've had in a long time. I think I'm still trying to not remember what didn't happen, but there was no pressure this cycle at all. We didn't even really care to BD at O time.

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#270 of 270 Old 08-22-2008, 07:50 PM

CRM: We'll start a new thread when the time nears...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page