July IUIs - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
First ... 3  4  5 6  7  ... Last
Infertility > July IUIs
DLT's Avatar DLT 07:45 PM 07-12-2008
WOW, I've been offline for 1 day and SO MANY IUI's have taken place! :

I had mine done yesterday morning, and I was so relieved when they told me that they organised for one of the doctors to come in and do it for me, because of all the 'trauma' I went through last time (they took 15 mins to find my cervix, and another 10 mins, 2 nurses and a doc, to get through). So anyway, he was wonderful and it was quick and pain-free and went well!

DH count was 46 mil and 70% motility. So here's hoping. They told me I don't need to come for a progesterone test this cycle, but I do have to take the injections to keep my lining thick. I go in for preg test on 28/7.

EastbayK - are you going for a blood test to confirm this? Has AF arrived? I'm still holding thumbs for you.

dandelionsrflowers - Good luck for this cycle.

Angi - how funny your dream was I'm sure you'll be pleasantely surprised when you have your IUI done

Jelly_Bean - Great news about your IUI. Welcome to the 2WW. What date do you test?

biomama - wow, 3 mature follies - good work! You must be pretty happy with that. Thanks also for the information on possibly O'ing before trigger. I do feel better, and yes, I can't worry about it so I won't

I have one HPT that's been sitting here for 6 months, and I don't think I'm going to use it - ok, we'll see, I'm only on my first day of 2WW, so who knows how sane I'll be in 10 days time

For all IUIers, what date is your preg test due?

Jelly_Bean's Avatar Jelly_Bean 08:21 PM 07-12-2008
They told me my blood test is two weeks from friday (i think the 25th). I'm sooooo impatient when it comes to testing though! I just bought 25 preg tests on ebay that supposively pick up 10 mIU of hcg. Seems really low but we'll see! I figured I'd start testing as soon as they get in just to see when the hcg shot is out of my system. then test for real probably starting around 9 to 10 dpo...depending on how my temps look and stuff.
biomama's Avatar biomama 08:45 PM 07-12-2008
DLT, sounds good! Glad you got the doctor who knew what he was doing. It is amazing to me how much better my RE and his nurses are at inserting the speculum compared to all the other times I've had it done (for the HSG, the radiologist was the worst! soooo painful). That count sounds good. Today the nurse who did my IUI said that if you had at least 15 million, the chances were just as good as if you had more.

I am happy about the 3 follies, but I had 2 last time and that didn't work... I'm hopeful but not too much so. I am preparing for what's next: polyp removal and then IVF in Sept/Oct.

Angi, good luck! We'll be waiting to hear your description of what happens! I promise no caulking gun or cold sperm

Jellybean, I love your idea of a time series of tests. You should keep them all and take a picture of them all lined up, like the lady on peeonastick.com!

Blueyezz, what's happening? I hope it's not AF....
blueyezz4's Avatar blueyezz4 12:26 AM 07-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by biomama View Post
Blueyezz, what's happening? I hope it's not AF....

Has anyone else ever been afraid to pee???? That is where I'm at right now, afraid to use the bathroom in fear of seeing something I don't want to see (AF). So far so good. Had one spot yesterday and one today but nothing else, so who knows. Usually once I start to spot it just keeps coming and then she totally shows up so who knows. I'm not getting my hopes up b/c I've done that before.

Good luck to all of you that are in your TWW now!! Hope it goes fast!!!!
DLT's Avatar DLT 08:22 PM 07-13-2008
Jelly_Bean - Are you taking progesterone supplements during your 2ww? If so, this will definitely have an impact on your POAS results.

biomama - I hear ya. DH and I are trying to learn from this and try and prepare for our next cycle, but we're both so similar in that we're so hopeful and in the moment, that when AF shows it's a complete shock....

blueyezz4 - Yip, after my first week of 2ww, I dread going to pee Definitely holding thumbs for you.
Jelly_Bean's Avatar Jelly_Bean 09:38 PM 07-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT View Post
Jelly_Bean - Are you taking progesterone supplements during your 2ww? If so, this will definitely have an impact on your POAS results.
Yes I am. Are you sure if effects results? I know the hcg shot does but I've always been told the progesterone won't effect them it at all.
DLT's Avatar DLT 09:51 PM 07-13-2008
Jelly_Bean I'm taking shots of Pregnyl for my progesterone, and the RE said that I mustn't take any tests as they will show up as positive. So I'm not sure what you're taking, maybe it has a different effect. It's probably worth checking though. I would be interested to know.
Jelly_Bean's Avatar Jelly_Bean 11:11 PM 07-13-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT View Post
Jelly_Bean I'm taking shots of Pregnyl for my progesterone, and the RE said that I mustn't take any tests as they will show up as positive. So I'm not sure what you're taking, maybe it has a different effect. It's probably worth checking though. I would be interested to know.
Ah...that makes sense. It looks like when you google it that pregnyl also contains HCG so that's why. I'm just taking the straight progesterone suppositories and it looks like from what I've read it doesn't affect a test.
biomama's Avatar biomama 10:22 AM 07-14-2008
hi girls,

how's everyone doing?

blueyezz, what's your temp today? I'm chart stalking... I hope that spotting isn't a sign of AF. I know exactly what you mean about getting hopes up though.

My temps are so super wonky this cycle. WTF? I don't even have crosshairs from FF yet. Is it possible not to ovulate if you have mature follies and they give you 10,000 units of hCG? I'm pretty sure I ovulated... why aren't my temps confirming it? Arggggh.

I am super emotional lately too. (and tired. is that the hCG?) I flipped out at DH yesterday for no real reason at all. I found some of his old underwear (briefs, he switched to boxer-briefs when we found out about his low counts) in the laundry. I accused him of still wearing the old underwear (how stupid is this), and yelled at him for not doing everything he could to improve his counts, while I undergo all these tests and procedures. He said he wasn't wearing them anymore but he didn't want to throw them away. I threatened to throw them all away, starting yelling, crying. I am such a mess! We made up, but not after he accused me of wanting him to suffer along with me so I had company. I am afraid he is right to some extent.... I get really resentful that I had to go through all those appointments and uncomfortable tests and he doesn't really have to do anything. I know life isn't fair. And I want to do all of this stuff so we can have a baby. What is wrong with me!???
corikodjo's Avatar corikodjo 10:36 AM 07-14-2008
Quote:
hi girls,

how's everyone doing?

blueyezz, what's your temp today? I'm chart stalking... I hope that spotting isn't a sign of AF. I know exactly what you mean about getting hopes up though.

My temps are so super wonky this cycle. WTF? I don't even have crosshairs from FF yet. Is it possible not to ovulate if you have mature follies and they give you 10,000 units of hCG? I'm pretty sure I ovulated... why aren't my temps confirming it? Arggggh.

I am super emotional lately too. (and tired. is that the hCG?) I flipped out at DH yesterday for no real reason at all. I found some of his old underwear (briefs, he switched to boxer-briefs when we found out about his low counts) in the laundry. I accused him of still wearing the old underwear (how stupid is this), and yelled at him for not doing everything he could to improve his counts, while I undergo all these tests and procedures. He said he wasn't wearing them anymore but he didn't want to throw them away. I threatened to throw them all away, starting yelling, crying. I am such a mess! We made up, but not after he accused me of wanting him to suffer along with me so I had company. I am afraid he is right to some extent.... I get really resentful that I had to go through all those appointments and uncomfortable tests and he doesn't really have to do anything. I know life isn't fair. And I want to do all of this stuff so we can have a baby. What is wrong with me!???
Hugs Bio. I know I've been wacky since my orvidel. My husband and I had a fight yesterday afternoon about going away on our anniversary trip (isn't that supposed to be fun planning that trip). And then another fight last night about all of this stuff - the medical communities agenda and all of that. We never fight - so it was really sad. But we made up too. We're just all going through hard times. We all never thought it'd take this long and we'd have to have IUIs and IVFs.

So the 2ww. Yuck. It's gonna take forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly_Bean View Post
Ah...that makes sense. It looks like when you google it that pregnyl also contains HCG so that's why. I'm just taking the straight progesterone suppositories and it looks like from what I've read it doesn't affect a test.
I'm also taking the straight progesterone suppositories - and I have a silly question. It's the Endometrin 100mg vaginal suppository. And my question is......Do you BD and then put it in? I mean when you're just having sex for fun. I put it in last night and then realized that it'd be weird to BD. So I'm just curious what you all do? Do you BD during 2ww? Is this a weird question?
poetgirl's Avatar poetgirl 12:33 PM 07-14-2008
Quote:
hi girls,

how's everyone doing?

Biomama, When I took Clomid and had high temps in the FP, it took FF a while to be convinced of O, but your chart is def. post O IMO. The Clomid caused the high temps before but now there's nothing making you have >98 temps but the fact that you O'd. Don't worry about FF. It's a little slow to catch on when you use fert. drugs. As for the other stuff, oh . Hang in there. I think we can all relate. We've had some fights I'm none too proud of. What I find so hard about this in terms of relationship is that you are going through it together, but you are also going through it yourself as a woman, and I suppose he is also going through it himself too. It is happening to both of you, but down deep it is also truly happening to YOU. I find it strangely isolating and hard to stay as a team in many ways.

Cori, Yes the important how we do BD ques. I hear you! I would say BD before the prom. but not too sonn if you can help it cause you'd be putting it into (pardon) a bunch of semen. I'm a bit embarrassed to say we pretty much don't BD anymore during the 2ww for this reason, but I'm not sure that's the best solution.
corikodjo's Avatar corikodjo 07:17 PM 07-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Cori, Yes the important how we do BD ques. I hear you! I would say BD before the prom. but not too sonn if you can help it cause you'd be putting it into (pardon) a bunch of semen. I'm a bit embarrassed to say we pretty much don't BD anymore during the 2ww for this reason, but I'm not sure that's the best solution.
Thanks Poetgirl. I know BDing during the 2ww has always been hard for me. Quite frankly I'm just not that interested. But occasionally - well...... Thanks for the info. I think if we BD I'd wait 1/2 hour or so to put in - but I don't know if I could do anymore than that - I'm always so tired these days and want to sleep!
DLT's Avatar DLT 08:08 PM 07-14-2008
biomama - Please don't feel alone in the emotions department. My DH and I have had so many fights in the past 6 months over the dumbest things. I agree with poet, we feel like it's all on us (which it mostly is), but our DH's are still going through the emotional side of things. My DH keeps saying the reason he is so down is that he feels so bad seeing me having to go through all the injections, blood tests etc, and he can't do anything about it. So I really think most of us are going through exactly the same thing. Hang in there...
blueyezz4's Avatar blueyezz4 08:42 PM 07-14-2008
Quote:
hi girls,

Well, my temp was still up this morning 98.6 but I put it in F.F. as a 98.0 b/c I was pretty much awake all night long for some reason and I think that is why it was high. Also, with my FMU AF showed up too. So to celebrate I called to order my Ovidrel syringe! whooooo!! From what I've read I can look forward to some unnecessary silly fights with DH. I'll be sure to warn him before we start.

Biomama- You are not alone. My DH always give me crap about going into the "white room" to give his sample. I told him "I wish that was all I had to do in this process. I'd be happy to do that if he would take the clomid and trigger shot that may make him feel like crap". Men just don't understand what we women have to go through in life, but also with the whole IF process! It is not fun and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
biomama's Avatar biomama 08:59 PM 07-14-2008
thanks for all the reassurance, everyone. I think I tend to forget that DH is going through a rough time too, since he is so good at keeping his cool. He isn't bothered when other people get pg, the way I am (I try not to be, and I usually am only jealous for a few days). He's very good about not comparing us to others.

Blueyezz, so sorry AF showed up. Your chart had been looking so good (though we all know that doesn't mean much, does it). I'm glad you are so forward looking about it. Hopefully you won't become too emotional and crazy like me .

I think I'm also a bit of a basketcase because I've been reading this IVF book which says that clomid actually reduces fertility in normally ovulating women??? And that IUI is not useful for MFI??? I think they are trying to play up how great IVF is and how nothing else works well, because the authors work at an IVF clinic. Anyway, I've started to doubt that we have been making good decisions about treatment. I guess that's easy to do looking back at 3 failed IUI cycles. I just really hope that we can become parents, someday.

I'm going to my first RESOLVE meeting tomorrow. I hope that will help me cope.
DLT's Avatar DLT 09:30 PM 07-14-2008
Quote:
I think I'm also a bit of a basketcase because I've been reading this IVF book which says that clomid actually reduces fertility in normally ovulating women??? And that IUI is not useful for MFI??? I think they are trying to play up how great IVF is and how nothing else works well, because the authors work at an IVF clinic. Anyway, I've started to doubt that we have been making good decisions about treatment. I guess that's easy to do looking back at 3 failed IUI cycles. I just really hope that we can become parents, someday.

I'm going to my first RESOLVE meeting tomorrow. I hope that will help me cope.
Bio - Isn't it funny that the more we read, the more scenarios we play in our heads. We want to know, but we don't On the positive side, I think it is good to know what IVF is all about. I just started reading about it online yesterday (hoping I won't have to go there). How many IUI cycles did your RE say you can do before doing IVF?

Please let me know how you go at your RESOLVE meeting. When AF arrived last cycle I really wanted to go for some sort of counselling but then just didn't get round to it. And I know if it happens this cycle, I will definitely go.

I think this calls for a
LiamsMommy31905's Avatar LiamsMommy31905 11:02 AM 07-15-2008
Oh, I'm so bitter.

I typed out a HUGE personals post, hit "submit reply" and it never showed up.

Ugh.

I don't feel like typing it out again...I'm sorry! Just know that I'm thinking of all of you and hoping for lots of BFPs!

Update on me:
I have a wicked sunburn. It hurts like none other. This morning I woke up 45 minutes before I was supposed to take my BBT and my temp was sky high already! I hope it's not due to the sunburn.

Took a IC test yesterday because the arrived in the mail and I couldn't help myself. There was a faint second line, but I'm pretty sure it's from the hCG shot 6.5 days ago.

BBL! Have a great day!
EastbayK's Avatar EastbayK 11:20 AM 07-15-2008
CD 1 for me today.

Yesterday was a triple whammy of badish news- I didn't get the job I was gunning for (strangley enough, the friend of the girl who gave me a bad review after my stunning interview got the job...), my wedding dress was rejected by a consignment store for being out of date even though they had NO other ones in that size, and I started spotting. Kidzilla returns tonight after 5 weeks away so at least I have that to look forward to...

K
kiki99's Avatar kiki99 11:35 AM 07-15-2008
you know, you go away for a few days and you miss so much around here! So many IUI's! I hope they all work out for all of you. Here's to a bunch of April babies!!

biomama...if i've learned anything these past months it's to stop reading. it hardly ever helps. There is so much crap out there and there's no way to know what pertains to you and what doesn't, or what people are making up or what sort of agenda they're pushing. Try to stay positive, i know that's easier said than done but as my DH says...one way or another, it's going to happen. Just because I can't control it doesn't mean it'll never happen. I hope you're Resolve meeting goes well and it helps.

I hope for those in the 2WW it's going as fast as possible.

now...for some news on me...ummm...I couldn't take it any longer and I took a HPT last night. and guess what....i got my very first BFP!! :

I was totally shocked and actually still am. I have my "official" prego test on thursday but holy crap I saw it..twice! a double pink line!! DH was at the gym and I wrapped the stick in a red box with a bow that I had stashed in the back of my closet and showed him when he came home. I swear I thought he was going to faint. It was pretty funny actually. So now I STILL have to wait for the official results but I just wanted to tell all you ladies out there...it'll happen. I NEVER thought it would for me. EVER. and it seems (as of today anyway) that it did. So have faith...
LiamsMommy31905's Avatar LiamsMommy31905 12:04 PM 07-15-2008
Woo-HOOOOOOOOO, Kiki! Congratulations! :

Let's see the test...I need to live vicraiously through you!
Angi's Avatar Angi 12:07 PM 07-15-2008
Congratulations Kiki! That is great news!

::::

Here's to hoping your luck rubs off on me! Tomorrow is the u/s then on to IUI. I picked up the Ovidrel on Saturday. It's now sitting in my fridge and I'm going to really really hope I don't forget to bring it with me.

And again! Congrats!
Jelly_Bean's Avatar Jelly_Bean 02:53 PM 07-15-2008
I'm sorry eastbayk.

Ya Kiki!!!! That is wonderful!!!!! :::
biomama's Avatar biomama 04:04 PM 07-15-2008
kiki!!!!! yay!!! I'm so happy for you and your DH, that's so cute how you told him. : That's so fantastic!

Kim, I'm so sorry. When it rains, it pours. I'm glad you are getting kidzilla back. You know that is the cutest thing that you call him that. I always get a kick out of it.

Leah, sorry about your sunburn... and about MDC eating your post. Sometimes if my post doesn't go through I can click "back" and it's still there. I know it's too late now, but next time?

Angi, good luck! I hope it's the only IUI you will ever need! (unless you want more kids, of course).

as for me, my temp today seemed to be cooperating more. I talked to DH about that book I was reading, and he helped put my mind at ease. I trust my RE too. And clomid does seem to be helping me, at least in terms of how many mature follicles I have. Now let's see if it actually helps me get pg. Oh, and I read online that clomid is used in normally ovulating women to increase their LP, which could be useful for me, since mine is usually 11 days. I'll let you guys know what happens at the RESOLVE meeting tonight.

and one more big congratulations to kiki!
DLT's Avatar DLT 08:07 PM 07-15-2008
EastbayK - sorry to hear your run of bad news. I hope that things start falling into place for you soon.

angi - GL for your IUI. Hope it goes well!

kiki - : congratulations!!! That's such exciting news and definitely gives me, and I'm sure others here, hope that it will happen. Here's hoping this month is full of BFP's!

biomama - I'm glad you're starting to feel a bit better about Clomid and see the positives in doing this. Keep you chin up, things will come right. :

my update - I had my first progesterone injection last night which was quite sore, but I'm just sitting here through the 2WW patiently waiting (ok, not sure how long the patience will last....)
Angi's Avatar Angi 08:41 PM 07-15-2008
I keep hearing about these amazingly inexpensive dollar store HPTs. Where do you get them? Which Dollar store? I went to the local Dollar General last night, and they had none! Zippo. But then again, they didn't have any bc either.

But there was a conditioning hair creme that my mother used to use back in the 70s. Go figure.

So is it Dollar tree? Family Dollar? 99 cent store?
corikodjo's Avatar corikodjo 09:02 PM 07-15-2008
Kim - so sorry and hugs!

Kiki - Way to go! Keep us posted!

Bio - I'm curious to how you found your RESOLVE meeting and is it free?

AAM - Just waiting and reading into every little sign I have. Peeing a lot, nauseous, and gassy. Hmmmmmm. Only 10 more days till my HCG test at the docs.
corikodjo's Avatar corikodjo 09:03 PM 07-15-2008
Kim - so sorry and hugs!

Kiki - Way to go! Keep us posted!

Bio - I'm curious to how you found your RESOLVE meeting and is it free?

AAM - Just waiting and reading into every little sign I have. Peeing a lot, nauseous, and gassy. Hmmmmmm. Only 10 more days till my HCG test at the docs. I know I'll test before that though, who are we kidding.
blueyezz4's Avatar blueyezz4 09:09 PM 07-15-2008
Kiki-:::::::::: :::::

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooooo excited for you!!! It also give me such hope!!!!! I don't know your whole history, but how many cycles of IUI's have you done now? Hope you have a H&H nine months to come!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be sure to keep us updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jelly_Bean's Avatar Jelly_Bean 09:31 PM 07-15-2008
Angi - dollar tree is where we get them. But I've found you can get them even cheaper on ebay! I just bought 25 for 11 including shipping and supposively they pick up 10miU! So we'll see how they work.
Ellien C's Avatar Ellien C 10:27 PM 07-15-2008
Congrats to Kiki! It's so nice to come here and see good news.

We had IUI yesterday. They confirmed that I had one big follicle (19.5) on Monday. I got my surge Monday morning and I took the shot then. We were supposed to have the IUI on Monday but couldn't do it then. We did one IUI today and we will do one tomorrow and then I have to come back on Thurs for US to make sure I really did release an egg. DH came with me into the room for the IUI. He said he should be present at the conception of all our children. I thought that was cute.
First ... 3  4  5 6  7  ... Last

Up