July IUIs - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 281 Old 07-18-2008, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
corikodjo, i am taking progesterone suppositories but do not have the same symptoms as you. a lot of time i feel mild cramping and twinging, which started right after i started taking the progesterone. i know that doesn't help you any but i hope your symptoms ease up.

angi, good luck to you! let us know how it went!

blueyezz4, we bed approx. 48 hours before IUI. Invite Joy Into Your Life looks very good! Thanks for the recommendation.

poetgirl, i'm thinking about you and hoping you get your BFP too!

I am 6dpo and doing okay. fortunately this month I'm not thinking about it too much. but usually what happens is 4 days before i expect af i am extremely nervous every time i use the restroom. fertility friend is telling me to test Thurs. 7/24. that will be my wedding anniversary, so i'm not sure i want to test that day. i might wait until Friday, when i will be 13 dpo. when are you all going to test?

GL to us all!!!::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 281 Old 07-18-2008, 12:15 PM

So our IUI won't be for maybe 2 weeks, but no one told us if we are suppose to abstain for a certain period of time before it or not. Anyone know? TIA I also got my ovidrel shot in the mail today and when i opened it it had a freezer pack with it but it was thawed and the shot really wasn't cold at all - it was about 90 some degrees here today. I called the pharm and they said it should be fine. I sure hope they are right!!!!![/QUOTE]

We were told to abstain for 72hrs prior to our 1st IUI of the cycle. He had good counts from what I remember but then we weren't dealing with m/f. As DH puts it "my boys need capes their so good"

I just finished re-reading an older book ( I think it came out last year maybe) called the Time Travelers Wife. I read it when it first came out and fell in love and then over the last 2WW I read it again since I get so wrapped up in the story I temporarily forgot my urge to go pee on a stick...haha. It's a great book, probably one of my favorites. The first few chapters are a little confusing but once you get into it all makes sense and it's a beautiful story.
#183 of 281 Old 07-18-2008, 12:27 PM

Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA for the last few days!

Bio - we usually abstain for at least 3 days (and I make him stop drinking his evening Guinness) a week prior. I also tell him to get rid of the "old stuff" a week in advance...was that TMI? We don't really have MFI, so I think it's all just ritualistic.

Snowbell - We are only 2 days apart! I'm 9 DPIUI...but you have insanely more willpower than I do! I've already tested 4 times over the last 3 days. I try to rationalize it and say that I wanted to watch the hCG disappear from my bloodstream, but I have this weird "What if?" kind of feeling.

Angi - can't wait to hear about your IUI with the caulking gun went!

Eastbay - I think i would do the same if I were in your shoes. I'm actually considering a lap if this cycle doesn't work out...despite what my RE thinks and my clear HSG. I just don't understand why it's not happening this time around. It only took us 4 months with DS!

cori - I am having major symptoms (cramping, peeing every 15 minutes, etc.) and I think they are from the progesterone. I HATE that stuff. Evil.

Blue - sorry about AF...your chart looked so pretty!

Kiki - That is an AWESOME beta number. Do you have to go back for a redraw?

Poet, DLT, jellybean, etc - How many more days until you break out the tests?

So, my chart looks really pretty...but then again, it did last month as well. I'm starting to panic because I know that if this cycle doesn't work, we're movin' on to injectibles...and I'm not sure I could stab myself on a daily basis.

I've taken a million IC tests already. I saw the hCG leave my system...and those two pink lines were so nice. Now it's back to being stark white. I tested positive with DS at 8 DPO...so it's scary when I get a negative at 9 DPIUI. However, we think he had a twin that I lost at 6ish weeks, so that could have been the reason for the early HPT.

Ugh. I hate this. Big hugs to everyone.

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
#184 of 281 Old 07-18-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomama View Post
[snowbell, thanks. I haven't told anyone IRL about our IF struggles. Actually, DH doesn't want us to share it with anyone. He thinks it is private and doesn't see the need to talk about it with anyone besides each other. Plus, he has a hard time with the label "infertile". He thinks we would only get that label if we try IVF a bunch of times and fail, and then adopt. I really want to respect his privacy, but I'm going crazy keeping it all inside.

That's another reason why I value all of you so much, you are my support. so thanks!
Tell me about it. DH doesn't even want me posting here!

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#185 of 281 Old 07-18-2008, 02:00 PM

It's official. The TWW begins today.
Y'all were right. It wasn't a caulking gun. More of a high tech turkey baster. .

Everthing went well. The specimen count was 65 million with 70% motility. The nurse practitioner is the one that actually did the insemination, which I think helped me to relax a bit. I also had a friend with me (who is currently 11 weeks pg) who helped distract me a bit and get me to relax.

The nurse was also very impressed with my pelvic floor muscle control.

The cervix looked very good. Definitely the cervix of someone that had just ovulated, so the timing seems to be excellent. I still go in tomorrow for a follow-up u/s to make sure I did ovulate. But I felt it. I did late last night / this morning.

Some slight cramping during the procedure. But the speculum was more uncomfortable then the other part.

I'm feeling good. I'm 95% confident that it worked. There is that little 5% of me that is pessimistic to help soften the blow if it doesn't work.

So, I can either go and buy two weeks worth of dollar store pg tests and test every day, or I can just wait.

Right. Which one do you think is going to happen.

Thanks for your support ladies I appreciate it!
#186 of 281 Old 07-18-2008, 02:50 PM

Angi- Glad everything went well. Loved reading your update. I think the more I know about what is going to happen the easier it will be for me when I have to go and have it done.

Why can't anything be easy?? That is my question... Keep in mind I'm on CD 5 (clomid starts tonight, U/S on CD 12, trigger shot then IUI). So I have a history of sinus issues and had surgery this past March to clean them all out after having a sinus infection for about 5-6 months that wouldn't clear up with the strongest antibiotics available so things are better, but now the past 3-4 weeks I have been noticing some of the same symptoms that I had before. So I went to see the ENT today and he scopes me and says it looks good, but it is inflamed and he thinks I have a real mild infection going on in there right now. He wants me to take an antibiotic (augmentin 875 2x a day for 10days - which he said is safe to take while prego). I told him we are suppose to be going in for this IUI in like a week and I really don't want to be taking anything and he said it is up to me, but he thinks it will really make me feel better. I just don't want to take anything that is going to mess things up. I've never taken clomid or this shot and really don't want anything else in my system while we are trying to do this, but I just don't know what to do. I called the RE and talked to the nurse who said it is better to take it now then after you trigger, but my fear is that the really powerful crap (antibiotics) didn't work the last 2 times, why would they work this time and how am I going to know if I have some kind of reaction if it is the clomid or the augmentin if i have never taken either before???? I don't know... I just wish I could be normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha What do you all think? Would you take the antibiotic? I guess the good news is that after seeing the Dr. he offered me his two teenagers if the whole thing (IUI) didn't work out!!! I smiled and kindly said "that's okay but thanks"!!!! He has an interesting sense of humor!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#187 of 281 Old 07-18-2008, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Blue, I looked up Augmentin, and it's class B:
"Amoxicillin; clavulanic acid is classified in FDA pregnancy category B. Animal data reveal no teratogenic effects, however, there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women. While amoxicillin should be used with caution in pregnancy, penicillins are usually considered safe during pregnancy when clearly needed."

and then I looked for drug interactions, none were reported for clomid or hCG, but I found this:

"It was previously thought that antibiotics could possibly decrease the effectiveness of oral contraceptives containing estrogens due to stimulation of estrogen metabolism or a reduction in estrogen enterohepatic circulation via changes in GI flora. One retrospective study [5212] reviewed the literature to determine the effects of oral antibiotics on the pharmacokinetics of contraceptive estrogens and progestins, and also examined clinical studies in which the incidence of pregnancy with oral contraceptives (OCs) and antibiotics was reported. It was concluded that the antibiotics ampicillin, ciprofloxacin, clarithromycin, doxycycline, metronidazole, ofloxacin, roxithromycin, temafloxacin, and tetracycline did not alter plasma levels of oral contraceptives. Antituberculous drugs (e.g., rifampin) were the only agents associated with OC failure and pregnancy. Based on the study results, these authors [5212] recommended that back-up contraception may not be necessary if OCs are used reliably during oral antibiotic use. Another review of the subject concurred with these data, but noted that individual patients have been identified who experienced significant decreases in plasma concentrations of combined OC components and who appeared to ovulate; the agents most often associated with these changes were rifampin, tetracyclines and penicillin derivatives.[5239] These authors concluded that because females most at risk for OC failure or noncompliance may not be easily identified and the true incidence of such events may be under-reported, and given the serious consequence of unwanted pregnancy, that recommending an additional method of contraception during short-term antibiotic use may be justified.[5239] During long-term antibiotic administration, the risk for drug interaction with OCs is less clear, but alternative or additional contraception may be advisable in selected circumstances.[5239] Data regarding progestin-only contraceptives or for newer combined contraceptive deliveries (e.g., patches, rings) are not available."

so that was a bit long and rambling, and a bit contradictory... I'm not sure what to conclude... overall the info I found suggested this drug was safe to use during pg, and there were no reports of drug interactions with clomid or hCG.

I also didn't find anything when I googled drug interaction Amoxicillin clavulanic acid clomid hCG.

I hope this wasn't more hurt than help. I hope you feel better!
#188 of 281 Old 07-18-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Blue, I looked up Augmentin, and it's class B:
"Amoxicillin; clavulanic acid is classified in FDA pregnancy category B. Animal data reveal no teratogenic effects, however, there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women. While amoxicillin should be used with caution in pregnancy, penicillins are usually considered safe during pregnancy when clearly needed."

and then I looked for drug interactions, none were reported for clomid or hCG, but I found this:

"It was previously thought that antibiotics could possibly decrease the effectiveness of oral contraceptives containing estrogens due to stimulation of estrogen metabolism or a reduction in estrogen enterohepatic circulation via changes in GI flora. One retrospective study [5212] reviewed the literature to determine the effects of oral antibiotics on the pharmacokinetics of contraceptive estrogens and progestins, and also examined clinical studies in which the incidence of pregnancy with oral contraceptives (OCs) and antibiotics was reported. It was concluded that the antibiotics ampicillin, ciprofloxacin, clarithromycin, doxycycline, metronidazole, ofloxacin, roxithromycin, temafloxacin, and tetracycline did not alter plasma levels of oral contraceptives. Antituberculous drugs (e.g., rifampin) were the only agents associated with OC failure and pregnancy. Based on the study results, these authors [5212] recommended that back-up contraception may not be necessary if OCs are used reliably during oral antibiotic use. Another review of the subject concurred with these data, but noted that individual patients have been identified who experienced significant decreases in plasma concentrations of combined OC components and who appeared to ovulate; the agents most often associated with these changes were rifampin, tetracyclines and penicillin derivatives.[5239] These authors concluded that because females most at risk for OC failure or noncompliance may not be easily identified and the true incidence of such events may be under-reported, and given the serious consequence of unwanted pregnancy, that recommending an additional method of contraception during short-term antibiotic use may be justified.[5239] During long-term antibiotic administration, the risk for drug interaction with OCs is less clear, but alternative or additional contraception may be advisable in selected circumstances.[5239] Data regarding progestin-only contraceptives or for newer combined contraceptive deliveries (e.g., patches, rings) are not available."

so that was a bit long and rambling, and a bit contradictory... I'm not sure what to conclude... overall the info I found suggested this drug was safe to use during pg, and there were no reports of drug interactions with clomid or hCG.

I also didn't find anything when I googled drug interaction Amoxicillin clavulanic acid clomid hCG.

I hope this wasn't more hurt than help. I hope you feel better!

wow bio. that's a lot of great research you've done there. where do you get all this info from. just typing into google?

here's my question. i think i have a yeast infection. i called my doc about burning and itching and she wants me to take diflucan. how do i find info about that. am i jeopardizing the IUI - the pregnancy if there is one?
help!
#189 of 281 Old 07-18-2008, 06:10 PM

Biomama - thanks for that info!!! Still not sure what i'm going to do. Almost temped to just take 5 days worth since he said it was very mild. But we will see? Still deciding...

Cori - i know sometimes when i'm looking for into i'll either google it or with medicines i like to go to rxlist.com and then type it in there and you can look up all the info on the drug. i need to do that on the augmentin here now that i think of it. good luck to you!!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#190 of 281 Old 07-18-2008, 06:46 PM

I think we'll be doing an IUI in August, waiting for AF to show her head to start injectibles (probably in about 6 days or so). Already got pg with last IUI in March, but m/c'd in April. Waited it out a couple of cycles. I'm 42, DH is 43, we have a 5 yo ds. I have PCOS, so I've had a long struggle with my freaking fertility. My ovaries are just not what most women have, which sometimes can be quite depressing or frustrating.

blueyezz4, have you considered a homeopathic nasal spray instead to clear up the inflammation? Here's one: http://www.homeopathic.com/store/product=1537
Do you have allergies to something (inhalation or food) that could be causing it? Also, I remember reading somewhere that a lot of sinusitis (chronic) is actually caused by a fungal infection, which antibiotics would make worse. They sell a colloidal silver nasal spray that would help that. See: http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/treat/T305361.html and http://www.vitacost.com/SourceNatura...lverNasalSpray and
http://www.walgreens.com/library/con...0&docid=000062

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#191 of 281 Old 07-18-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
I think we'll be doing an IUI in August, waiting for AF to show her head to start injectibles (probably in about 6 days or so). Already got pg with last IUI in March, but m/c'd in April. Waited it out a couple of cycles. I'm 42, DH is 43, we have a 5 yo ds. I have PCOS, so I've had a long struggle with my freaking fertility.
Hi Pookie,
Sorry about the issues. I'm with you on some of this. I'm 38 with a 5 yo and currently in the 2WW.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#192 of 281 Old 07-19-2008, 09:16 AM

ok. i woke up this morning. did not POAS. went to look in the mirror and my nipples have a totally different color (right in the center and only a dots worth). this is a good sign, right? maybe i should have POAS with FMU on 8dpo.
#193 of 281 Old 07-19-2008, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Cori, I'm a graduate student so I have access to university libraries (including the medical one), and I looked up diflucan (generic name fluconazole) on clinical pharmacology:

"Fluconazole is classified as a FDA pregnancy category C drug. It should be used during pregnancy only when the potential benefits outweigh the risks. There have been reports of infants with severe skeletal abnormalities born to women who used fluconazole while pregnant. Fluconazole may produce a Antley-Bixler-like syndrome when used at high doses for long duration in early pregnancy. The nature of the observed birth defects suggests that the teratogenic effect may occur early in the first trimester.[2864] The revised CDC Guidelines for the Prevention of Opportunistic Infections in Patients with HIV recommend that oral azole antifungals, including fluconazole, not be started during pregnancy and that these agents should be discontinued in HIV-positive women who become pregnant. Women receiving fluconazole should take effective birth control."
#194 of 281 Old 07-19-2008, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Also, I remember reading somewhere that a lot of sinusitis (chronic) is actually caused by a fungal infection, which antibiotics would make worse.
I think that is mostly the case in immunocompromised patients. I think if you had that, you'd be really really sick.

Blue, I agree that it might be allergies though... GL figuring it out, and deciding what to do. (also if you decide to only take 5 days worth, I would make sure that is okay with your doctor and won't be likely to select for antibiotic resistant bacteria).

Pookietooth, welcome to the group! I hope your next cycle is the one that works! Sorry that you have gone through so much.

Cori, nipple color changes sounds very promising! I didn't know that could happen so fast! You should test!

Leah, when did you lose your positives from the trigger? I took a test yesterday thinking it'd be positive still (7dpo) and it was bfn! I was pretty surprised it was already gone. I'm going to try to hold off testing for at least a few more days now. Are you going to test every day?

snowbell, friday will be 14dpo for me. I wish I could wait that long to test! Actually, it's likely I'll already have AF by then, since my LP is ~11 days. If I make it to Friday, I'll test with you. Have a great anniversary! Congrats

Angi, how is your first 2ww treating you?
#195 of 281 Old 07-19-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I think that is mostly the case in immunocompromised patients. I think if you had that, you'd be really really sick.

Blue, I agree that it might be allergies though... GL figuring it out, and deciding what to do. (also if you decide to only take 5 days worth, I would make sure that is okay with your doctor and won't be likely to select for antibiotic resistant bacteria).
Biomama - That's me, welcome to my world of frustration...Immunocompromised!!! When i was going through all the CT scans and antib. before i had the sinus surgery they checked my immune system to see if it had anything to do with it and they checked my antibodies to Pneumococcus serotypes and they were really low so then he had to give me a vaccination b/c they were so low he said I could actually get an infection and die. I did feel a little better though after taking the other antibiotics, but from the CT scans they did nothing to kick the infection in my sinus cavities and I was having lots of pressure and pain in my upper teeth even so they needed to go in and clean house. Sorry that is my long story. So with all that being said, I think i'll take the antib. (even though I hate it) b/c I can't let it get any worse especially since our IUI is coming up hopefully at the end of next week. We will see. Hope you found a good book or something to keep you busy for your tww. How was the movie, by the way????

Pookietooth, welcome!!!! Thanks for the info on the homeopathic nasal sprays!! I really do need to look into those more especially for when I do get my BFP (can you take those while you are prego do you know?). I do use a neti pot twice a day which seems to help and have been going to the acupuncturist and chiropractor forever now trying to help with the issue. I also had already changed my diet and have been avoiding wheat, dairy and sugar. Pretty boring!!!! I do have allergies, but also think I may have some allergies to foods as well but never tested for those.

Cori, Wow!! That is exciting!!! : for a BFP!! Keep us posted.

snowbell & Liamsmommy, How are you both doing with this tww? Have a great anniversary snowbell!!!

Angi, How are you????? Still feeling good after the IUI?? You didn't have any soreness the next day did you after having it done?

#196 of 281 Old 07-19-2008, 02:56 PM

been mia for a lil while. just wanted to take a lil bit and not concentrate on this IF thing. needed to get a centered and relax a bit.

but, the iui is coming up quick... probably tuesday. we are excited and nervous all at once. the only suckey thing is that i am sick and my fever is kind of throwing off my temps.

it's kind of strange how easy this seams like it is going to be for us. no meds. hubby is going in the morining to make his "knuckle children" and then i go in a lil later for the proceedure. wish he could be there the whole morning.

ohhhh well...

looks like you all are doing pretty good.
#197 of 281 Old 07-19-2008, 03:26 PM

blueyezz - Yes you can take homeopathy while pregnant.

So I have started testing and I'm still getting a very faint positive so I'm thinking the hcg shot is still in my system. Today's was extremely faint though so I'm assuming it will be gone tomorrow! I'm getting excited the tww is over halfway through!
#198 of 281 Old 07-19-2008, 03:36 PM

I've been away for a while as well... But we did our two IUI's yesterday, and I am really excited since things went great! I'm thinking I ovulated yesterday, so I am in the TWW! :

Good luck to everyone in the TWW!

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#199 of 281 Old 07-19-2008, 05:20 PM

Liamsmommy, how's your 2ww going? hows the testing going? i hope, hope, hope you get a BFP soon!

Pookietooth, welcome!!! i am sorry about your loss. i hope your stay here is short and sweet!

Angie, hows the 2ww going?

kiki, i LOVED the Time Traveler's Wife! i highly recommend that book.

blueyezz4, i hope your sinus issues clear up real soon. i can only imagine how uncomfortable it must be.

dandelionsrflowers, GL on the IUI! Keep us posted.

Jelly Bean, what cd are you on? could those lines be BFP lines?!

quasar, great news on the IUI! I'm glad it went so well.

biomama, i have a short lp too. normally, if i hadn't gotten my period by next Friday I would assume I was pregnant but this cycle I'm doing progesterone, so I'm not sure how it will affect my lp. when are you going to start testing?

i'm doing fine in the 2ww. i'm going on vacation for the next week, so hopefully that will help. how many of you taking progesterone get your periods on your own? or do you have to keep testing until you are sure you're not pg and then stop the prog. to get af to come?
#200 of 281 Old 07-19-2008, 06:02 PM

Quasar! We are on the same schedule it seems. I had my IUI yesterday and possibly ovulated on Friday AM. Race to the pregnancy tests?

So for those that want to know (and thanks for asking) here is how the last few days have been, and maybe you can help me interpret something.

I gave myself the Ovidrel shot on Wednesday night. By Thursday morning, the "girls" were killing me. I wanted to rip off my shirt and bra the sensitivity was so high. I had some very mild nausea, but I can live with that.
Friday was the big day. At 9 am, I was inseminated. It took all of maybe 5 minutes? But that's longer then some dates I've had.

I had some very mild cramping, extremely light spotting, but the girls were still screaming. But not quite as bad. And did they feel heavy. I managed to make it through work. No nausea, light dizziness.

Today: occasional twinges. I don't think it would even qualify as a cramp. Nausea gone. Girls are still a bit sensitive, but not too bad. And I went in for a follow up TransVag u/s. Here is where I need help in interpretation.

I can feel when I ovulate. Have been able to since I was 16, just about every month. I'm less likely to feel the left ovary then the right, but I can almost always tell when I have ovulated. When I had the u/s done on Wednesday, there was a rather promising follicle at 21.6 mm on the left ovary. Today, said follicle is at 16.5 mm. Which I can understand, since it should have spewed out the egg. It would be getting smaller. A couple on the right ovary got a little bigger. My lining is at 10.4.

But the doc mentioned something about "free fluid"? According to her, when the egg is released, there is fluid that accompanies it (I remember that from biology). I guess I had very little (minimal) "free fluid". So, according to her, she can't tell if I ovulated for certain or not.

But I'm 99% positive that I ovulated on Friday morning. If I ovulated then, and they didn't do the u/s until Saturday morning, would that account for the minimal fluid? And that got me thinking: Did I actually ovulate, or did I just imagine feeling what I did because I want it to be true so badly? Is it possible the egg reabsorbed?

Or am I driving myself crazy with questions for nothing? Trying to talk myself out of the possibility, so that if the worse case scenario happens, I'll be able to say "that's what I thought would happen".

Help? I'm losing confidence.

:
#201 of 281 Old 07-19-2008, 06:43 PM

Snowbell - I'm 8dpo. Seems a little early for a bfp but not impossible. Man I'd be so happy if it was! I'm trying to not let my mind go there. We'll see what tomorrow holds!

Angi - Oh gosh...I have no idea! Can't they tell by your hormone levels in your blood too? That's how they've checked for me in the past instead of ultrasound.
#202 of 281 Old 07-19-2008, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Angi, don't worry! I would be surprised if you didn't ovulate, given what you've said. Are they going to do a 7dpo progesterone test? I've been told that is pretty definitive, if the levels are >10, you have most likely ovulated.

You don't chart, right? If you have a basal body temp chart, you can see the thermal shift indicating that your body is making progesterone, which will happen if you have ovulated.

I have heard of these super rare instances of an egg being reabsorbed, but I think that is quite rare. They say the only way you can tell for absolute sure you ovulated is if you are pregnant so you may just have to wait and see! GL, and don't stress!!!

snowbell, I tested yesterday hoping I'd see my trigger shot, but it was negative. I guess I cleared out the hCG pretty quick (it was 7dpo) or my tests were bums. I will try not to test again until maybe Wednesday or Thursday (12-13dpo), assuming I don't get AF by then. What did your RE say to do about taking the prog? I have seen other posters say they kept taking it until they were 16dpo or so to be sure they weren't getting a BFP. I think the prescription prog is enough to keep AF away, too, right? I'm interested to hear what the others think.

quasar, so exciting! GL in the 2ww!!!
#203 of 281 Old 07-19-2008, 09:29 PM

thanks everyone for the re-stoking of my confidence levels. I am going in for a 7dpiui blood test for progesterone. I guess I'm coming up with "worst case scenarios" to protect myself. I have a really bad habit of doing that.

I think I need to stop.
#204 of 281 Old 07-20-2008, 08:48 AM

Pookietooth - Hang in there. I'm 39 and wanting my first baby so bad. It'll happen for all of us!

biomama - Thanks for the info. I took the Diflucan and I'm feeling much better. I think I really needed it.

dandelionsrflowers - GL this week and I hope you feel better soon!

quasar - Glad things went well with the IUI!

blueyezz4, i hope your sinus issues clear up real soon. i can only imagine how uncomfortable it must be.

dandelionsrflowers, GL on the IUI! Keep us posted.

Jelly Bean, what cd are you on? could those lines be BFP lines?!

quasar, great news on the IUI! I'm glad it went so well.

Kiki and Snowbell - I second the Time Travelers Wife - Loved that book!!!!

Snowbell - Have a great vacation. Where are you going?

Angi - I was also wondering if you chart. Then we could see if your temp spiked. Sounds like you ovulated to me.

Know what my RE told me -- that when we have a twinge on let's say the left ovary that we are reading as....this is going to be the ovary that drops the egg, our brain cannot necessarily read what side the twinge is coming from. So even if we are sure that we feel the twinge on the left side the egg still could be coming from the right.

Weird right?

AAM I'm 9dpo and I tested this morning due to nipple color change and I had a BFN - So the Ovidrel is out of my system for sure. I did have a bit of a temp rise this morning. Hope you're all doing well. I'll probably test again on Wednesday at 12dpo. I have no idea what happens with the progesterone and AF. This is my first time taking it - So I never really thought about it before. I guess when I go in for blood work on 14dpo if it's negative they will take me off the stuff?
#205 of 281 Old 07-20-2008, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

my temp went way down today! I'm only on 9dpo... could I already be getting AF soon? Oh no. This is not good.

cori, glad you are feeling better.

how is everyone else doing?
#206 of 281 Old 07-20-2008, 11:10 AM

biomama- Are you sure you weren't sleeping with you mouth open maybe?? Lets hope that is it and not AF!!! Keep you head up!!

#207 of 281 Old 07-21-2008, 10:23 AM

sooo. i'm scheduled for 9:00 am

they did say, however, that i should be careful not to lift anything for fear of "pushing it out"... i thought this wasn't a risk, once it's in there, it's in there???

sucks. ANOTHER day off work.
#208 of 281 Old 07-21-2008, 10:59 AM

Can I just say i'm loving my chart this month! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/218118

And I see a very faint positive this morning. But it took like 7 mins to show up and the test says after 5 doesn't count....so...could be evap line. But I'm seriously holding out hope that its real!
#209 of 281 Old 07-21-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelionsrflowers View Post
sooo. i'm scheduled for 9:00 am

they did say, however, that i should be careful not to lift anything for fear of "pushing it out"... i thought this wasn't a risk, once it's in there, it's in there???

sucks. ANOTHER day off work.
First of all: GOOD LUCK!!! : : :

Pushing it out? Wow. Hadn't heard that one from my RE. Basically I was told to just take it easy, nothing overly strenuous, but a normal day was alright. So, I went back to work after the procedure.

I guess I should be taking it easier?
#210 of 281 Old 07-21-2008, 11:10 AM

Is the time frame until implantation shortened when you do an IUI? I mean, the boys have been given a head start, so to speak. Or is the 6 days counted from when egg meets sperm?

I'm just really curious.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page