July IUIs - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
First ... 7  8  9 10 
Infertility > July IUIs
Angi's Avatar Angi 10:38 PM 07-23-2008
Hey blueyezz, I'm not very optimistic. I've got some symptoms, but I don't know how many are from the Ovidrel, and how many I'm just hoping are, and if I'm just causing a "phantom" pregnancy.

I'll take the progesterone test on Friday, but I really don't think it's going to make a difference. Just kind of an instinct. I'm feeling like AF is going to show any day now, even though I'm not due until 7/31. My aureoles are darkening, and the "girls" are still very sensitive, but a friend who is on her third pregnancy is "that impossible in the first week". I'm moody, but that's actually normal for me *I've just weaned off my Anti-Depressants*.

Maybe I'm just on a down cycle while my hormones and brain chemistry decide they want to play nice. I just want it to know one way or the other. I'm finding out I don't do "not knowing" very well.

corikodjo's Avatar corikodjo 11:39 AM 07-24-2008
Started spotting last night in the middle of a get together with friends. So I guess I'm one of those who gets AF while taking progesterone. Got AF this morning. I was really really sad and down last night and still am this morning. This is so not fair.

I'm off to Dr. this morning for some blood work anyway.
Jelly_Bean's Avatar Jelly_Bean 11:50 AM 07-24-2008
Cori Be gentle with yourself today.
blueyezz4's Avatar blueyezz4 07:05 PM 07-24-2008
HELP!!!!!!!!! I'm on CD 11 today and tomorrow morning is my CD 12 U/S but today when i was driving home from work i was starting to feel those ovulation pains (middleschmerz sp?) so when i got home i did an OPK and it's a faint line right now!! So what the heck does that mean? Not sure if this is a good or bad thing that i would be Ovulating this early. I thought Clomid makes you O late??? Who knows?? Do you think i should take the shot with me to the U/S tomorrow morning, they didn't tell me to bring it when i got the script. I'd call the office, but they close at 4:30pm. Figures!!

corikodjo- Oh CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry to hear about the spotting!! Good luck with your blood work and take care of yourself! We are all here for you!!! s

Angi- Don't give up, there still is hope!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that those are early BFP symptoms!!!
Jelly_Bean's Avatar Jelly_Bean 07:07 PM 07-24-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post
HELP!!!!!!!!! I'm on CD 11 today and tomorrow morning is my CD 12 U/S but today when i was driving home from work i was starting to feel those ovulation pains (middleschmerz sp?) so when i got home i did an OPK and it's a faint line right now!! So what the heck does that mean? Not sure if this is a good or bad thing that i would be Ovulating this early. I thought Clomid makes you O late??? Who knows?? Do you think i should take the shot with me to the U/S tomorrow morning, they didn't tell me to bring it when i got the script. I'd call the office, but they close at 4:30pm. Figures!!

corikodjo- Oh CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry to hear about the spotting!! Good luck with your blood work and take care of yourself! We are all here for you!!! s

Angi- Don't give up, there still is hope!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that those are early BFP symptoms!!!
I wouldn't worry about a faint line...for an opk to be positive the line has to be as dark or darker than the control line. So a faint line still has a long way to go!!
blueyezz4's Avatar blueyezz4 07:12 PM 07-24-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly_Bean View Post
I wouldn't worry about a faint line...for an opk to be positive the line has to be as dark or darker than the control line. So a faint line still has a long way to go!!
That is good... it is definitely there!!! It is not as dark or darker than the test line, but it's noticeable like several feet away (just wanted to clarify that it is not as lite as an evap line it's much darker).
Angi's Avatar Angi 08:56 PM 07-24-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post
That is good... it is definitely there!!! It is not as dark or darker than the test line, but it's noticeable like several feet away (just wanted to clarify that it is not as lite as an evap line it's much darker).
Personally, I would still take the shot with you. Just in case.
poetgirl's Avatar poetgirl 11:33 PM 07-24-2008
Sorry Cori, . I'm right there with you. Some women do spot/get Af on prog. I don't think it means anything per se. I'm sorry though, so disappointing. I had a negative blood test Monday stopped taking my prog. and am still waiting for AF. I call this pre-menstrual syndrome for sure!!!

I went to a natural baby store today to buy a baby gift for a co-worker and the place was filled with new BFing moms (think they just had a class or something). I've been there before over the years and it's always a little tough, but maybe it was the BFN, the fact that I have been dangling off the brink of AF all week or what, but I think I almost had a nervous breakdown. I got the gift but cried on the sidewalk. I don't recommend doing this anytime near a BFN. :

Angi, GL. Hang in there!

Blue, I agree with the PP. Your opk line should be dark. If there's a line there, it's cool to watch it get progressively darker. And yes, clomid is supposed to make you O later, but it didn't me. At all.

to all
Ellien C's Avatar Ellien C 12:09 PM 07-25-2008
Well - I'm out this month. I took a test today (10-days post insemination) and it was neg. I'm due around the 31st as well. We are leaving on vacation tonight and at least I know to pack the cloth pads. I'm lining up an acupuncturist for next month as well as the second IUI.

And DH was an absolute bear this morning. He has an interview, HE left his one good suit jacket at work and HE left he socks and underwear in the washer all week and now they're moldy. But somehow it's my fault I didn't give him enough time to manage the household stuff. Once again mama doesn't get to have any feelings because I have to manage everyone elese. On the plus side - 5 yo from hell was really good this morning with no fits or breakdowns.
Angi's Avatar Angi 01:05 PM 07-25-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellien C View Post
Well - I'm out this month. I took a test today (10-days post insemination) and it was neg. I'm due around the 31st as well. We are leaving on vacation tonight and at least I know to pack the cloth pads. I'm lining up an acupuncturist for next month as well as the second IUI.

And DH was an absolute bear this morning. He has an interview, HE left his one good suit jacket at work and HE left he socks and underwear in the washer all week and now they're moldy. But somehow it's my fault I didn't give him enough time to manage the household stuff. Once again mama doesn't get to have any feelings because I have to manage everyone elese. On the plus side - 5 yo from hell was really good this morning with no fits or breakdowns.
Sorry
At least the 5 yo behaved. :
kiki99's Avatar kiki99 02:30 PM 07-25-2008
I just wanted to give to all those that got are seem to be getting AF this cycle. I'm sorry. You're all in my thoughts.

blueyezz, how did your u/s go?

Angi, how are you holding up?

Jelly_Bean did you get your second HCG results back yet? From all that I read and from my VERY limited experience, 217 is a great number for 12dpo! Congratulations again!

as for me...HOLY S#@T I'M HAVING TWINS!

It hasn't quit sunk in yet. I thought my poor husband was going to faint when I looked up at him. It was just a little black blob on the screen and then there was a second blob...it's very strange right now.
mama-lisa's Avatar mama-lisa 07:17 PM 07-25-2008
Hello all! My hubby and I have a 5yr old and 4yr old. 4 yr old had lots of health problems when he was born, so we decided on a vasectomy. Now he's healthy and we had regrets. Hubby had a vas reversal done in Jan 08. Been trying ever since. Went to RE and been taking Clomid for 4 months...going to be more aggressive and try IUI and U/S this month.

I have a hard time getting full + on OPK. Sometimes looks a little faint etc. Do brands matter - any suggestions. Got on clomid for slight PCOS.

Thanks - and congrats to the new prego's!::http://www.mothering.com/discussions...milies/joy.gif
Angi's Avatar Angi 07:45 PM 07-25-2008
Hey kiki. I'm a bit frazzled. I just got my P-levels from the doc. It's at 6.7. They wanted to see at least 10. So I'm going to be going on supplements for a week. I'm a bit concerned, but from what the nurse was telling me, it's not something to get too stress over much. The supplements should do the trick. I hope.

My fear is that it is too late, it won't make a difference. You know how it goes.
blueyezz4's Avatar blueyezz4 08:11 PM 07-25-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki99 View Post
I just wanted to give to all those that got are seem to be getting AF this cycle. I'm sorry. You're all in my thoughts.

blueyezz, how did your u/s go?

Angi, how are you holding up?

Jelly_Bean did you get your second HCG results back yet? From all that I read and from my VERY limited experience, 217 is a great number for 12dpo! Congratulations again!

as for me...HOLY S#@T I'M HAVING TWINS!

It hasn't quit sunk in yet. I thought my poor husband was going to faint when I looked up at him. It was just a little black blob on the screen and then there was a second blob...it's very strange right now.
Kiki99 - Yeah twins!!!!::::::::
How exciting!!!! My husband is a triplet so he thinks twins would be great. Good luck!! Hope you don't have too much morning sickness. I know some people carrying twins have it double. Our one friend who just found out yesterday that she is carry twins (at 26-28weeks, i think - 1st U/S) has been fine and didn't even know it was twins so hopefully you will be the same.

mama-lisa - Welcome!! Hope your stay here is short. It is a great group of gals!!!!

AFM.. Well, had that U/S this morning and the tech was not that nice. She was measuring the folicles and then when she got to the L side it was a little more uncomfortable for some reason and she made some comment that there was something more going on there. I didn't ask b/c i knew she could tell me anything. So anyways, the nurse said that my lining was 3.3 which i guess is way too thin to do an IUI and it sounded like one of my folicles was way too big. I think there were 5-6 total though. So she said to just dtd for the next 3-4 days and maybe it will happen naturally. Then next month i'm to take 50mg of clomid instead of 100mg (knew i should have gone with my gut!) and come in for an U/S on CD 10 instead of 12. They did a progesterone test too and that was like 3 so they said I hadn't Ovulated yet. When i got home i did an OPK (b/c yesterday i had an almost positive one) and it was totally gone today so I'm not sure what is up with that. So that is the scoop. I was really bummed this morning, but I just have to keep my hopes up that maybe it will happen this month anyways and it will save us some $$ too. Good luck to the rest of you that are still in it this month. Guess I'll be joining the Aug IUI group in another week. to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kiki99's Avatar kiki99 12:08 AM 07-26-2008
Angi, I know how hard it is to immediatly think the worst (I do it all the time) but try to stay positive. Having to go on progesterone supplements doesn't neccessarily mean anything is wrong or that it won't work. Have faith...you never know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that BFP for you.

blueyezz, i LOVE your attitude. From what my RE told me when I was on Clomid, it does make your lining thin and your progesterone low (sometimes, at least for me). They did the same thing, basically told me to wait and that my body would naturally surge...and it did. I remember having one follicle at 24 and still they didn't trigger me. When I asked if it was possible the follicles would get too big he said it was not a real concern. That they could be big and there could still be time enough to wait for my lining to get thicker. On the day my body surged on its own my lining jumped up 2mm (up to then I was barely getting any movement) just enough to get it to 7 which was where they wanted to be to do the IUI. Sooo, after all my blabbing the point is, I'm glad you're not losing faith because there is still so much of a chance that this could be your cycle. When do you go back for another check-up?

mama-lisa - WELCOME! This is a fantastic group of ladies. I too hope your stay is short and sweet.
blueyezz4's Avatar blueyezz4 02:25 AM 07-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki99 View Post
blueyezz, i LOVE your attitude. From what my RE told me when I was on Clomid, it does make your lining thin and your progesterone low (sometimes, at least for me). They did the same thing, basically told me to wait and that my body would naturally surge...and it did. I remember having one follicle at 24 and still they didn't trigger me. When I asked if it was possible the follicles would get too big he said it was not a real concern. That they could be big and there could still be time enough to wait for my lining to get thicker. On the day my body surged on its own my lining jumped up 2mm (up to then I was barely getting any movement) just enough to get it to 7 which was where they wanted to be to do the IUI. Sooo, after all my blabbing the point is, I'm glad you're not losing faith because there is still so much of a chance that this could be your cycle. When do you go back for another check-up?
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with me!!! It is so good to know that you aren't alone and that is the best thing about this site - we are all in the same boat, in one way or another. I actually wasn't told to come back at all!! I don't know...I sure hope that is okay. The whole thing is a bit scary I think b/c I never saw a Dr. and it seems like it is just the nurses that are monitoring everything. I'm assuming they know what they are doing.
Angi's Avatar Angi 10:18 AM 07-26-2008
Well, here I was, all wrapped up in my own little world, that I didn't even congratulate Kiki on her twins. So...

CONGRATULATIONS!

: : : : : : : : :

CONGRATULATIONS!

Well. It is twins.
blueyezz4's Avatar blueyezz4 12:18 PM 07-27-2008
Wow, this thread has been so quiet lately!!! Where is everyone and how are you all doing?????????????? Hopefully everyone is just busy enjoying their weekends. Take care!!!!!!!!
DLT's Avatar DLT 08:40 PM 07-27-2008
Hi Ladies, sorry I've been so scarce. I have been reading every day, but I've been trying to avoid obsessing over TWW. I was due for a preg test this morning, but AF showed yesterday. So I'm out. Onto IUI #3.
blueyezz4's Avatar blueyezz4 08:52 PM 07-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT View Post
Hi Ladies, sorry I've been so scarce. I have been reading every day, but I've been trying to avoid obsessing over TWW. I was due for a preg test this morning, but AF showed yesterday. So I'm out. Onto IUI #3.
Oh CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! We really need some good new around this thread!!!!!!!! Lets just hope that Aug will be a better month for all of us. I also can't believe next week we will be into Aug already!!! At least there was a couple of BFP's this past month so we all just need to try and keep the hope alive. I know, some things are easier said than done.

Angi's Avatar Angi 09:15 PM 07-27-2008
Well, if nothing else. I'll probably be the last one to test. I'm planning on testing the 31st.

:

Actually let me revise this: The one I consider "real" will be on the 31st.
dandelionsrflowers's Avatar dandelionsrflowers 09:58 PM 07-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT View Post
i've been doing the same thing... reading to keep my mind off the tww... luckly i picked a good book!

af is due to arive on aug 5th for me. on aug 1st i will be 10 piui. time is going sooooo slow! sorry to hear about af showing up :heart:
LiamsMommy31905's Avatar LiamsMommy31905 11:38 PM 07-27-2008
I'm still lurking!

Last month's picture-perfect chart turned out to be a total bust. It was flipping triphasic and everything. I just don't get it and neither does my RE.

So, thankfully, he told me that I'm done with Clomid.

Here's the hard part. I called my insurance company on 6/27 and spoke to a representative who told me that as of 1/1/08, all infertility diagnostics and treatments were covered, up to a maximum of $2 million (not including medications.) This was THRILLING news. However, I kept getting bills from my RE's office. I called again and the insurance company NOW says that infertility is only covered for $15,000 throughout my lifetime (and began on 6/25/08, not 1/1/08). This includes medications. So, all of our hopes for unlimited infertility treatment came crashing down.

So, now our choice is difficult...do we try for one IVF and blow our entire $15,000 coverage in one shot, or do we try a few injectable cycles with IUI? I have no idea how I'll respond to injectables since I overresponded with Clomid...so I'm scared that if we try for IVF and I overrespond, the cycle will be cancelled and we spent all that $$ for nothing.

I freaking hate insurance. :

BTW, CONGRATULATIONS x 2 to Kiki! Twins are so fantastic!
mama-lisa's Avatar mama-lisa 01:54 PM 07-28-2008
Hello ladies...I've been taking clomid 50mg for awhile and decided to due inseminations also. They recommended ultrasound (and trigger).
(I usually use OPK fairly successfully)...any suggestions. Do you think ultrasound is helpful?

Also, wondering why some of you have two IUI's and some have one. My RE just recommends one day after surge is detected... We bd on night of surge and next night...maybe we are missing it by a few days?

(Ultrasound scheduled for Friday with possible insemination scheduled for Sunday)

Thanks for all the help!
mama-lisa's Avatar mama-lisa 02:00 PM 07-28-2008
liamsmommy- my friend just concieved with IVF and thought went through the same thing...she did clomid for 6 months, and then insurance wouldn't pay for everything. They decided on IVF since it is soo monitered. Also, she said are about 65% success with IVF and 20% with IUI. She said also RE that does IVF makes sure you are a good candidate before going forward. Might be good to do the initial consultation and see if you a good candidate, and what your % are with each one. Then you can see if the $ makes sense for IVF or IUI. Hope this helps!
Julia'sMom's Avatar Julia'sMom 02:16 PM 07-28-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamsMommy31905 View Post
I'm still lurking!
So, now our choice is difficult...do we try for one IVF and blow our entire $15,000 coverage in one shot, or do we try a few injectable cycles with IUI? I have no idea how I'll respond to injectables since I overresponded with Clomid...so I'm scared that if we try for IVF and I overrespond, the cycle will be cancelled and we spent all that $$ for nothing.

Just wanted to jump in here and say that they will probably watch you really closely with IVF. My RE didn't offer me injectibles because he thought I would over-respond, so I was sent straight to IVF. That way, if you do have multiple follicles, it's a great thing, rather than a cancelled IUI. However, I didn't respond to clomid at all. Best to get details from your RE and definatly stats. Good luck.
dandelionsrflowers's Avatar dandelionsrflowers 02:01 AM 07-29-2008
dh has been asking me one or two times a day if we can test yet. everytime he asks i try to explain why it's too early. it's cute and frustrating at the same time!
kiki99's Avatar kiki99 12:31 PM 07-29-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama-lisa View Post
Hello ladies...I've been taking clomid 50mg for awhile and decided to due inseminations also. They recommended ultrasound (and trigger).
(I usually use OPK fairly successfully)...any suggestions. Do you think ultrasound is helpful?

Also, wondering why some of you have two IUI's and some have one. My RE just recommends one day after surge is detected... We bd on night of surge and next night...maybe we are missing it by a few days?

(Ultrasound scheduled for Friday with possible insemination scheduled for Sunday)

Thanks for all the help!

Hi, mama-lisa

In my experience, u/s were very helpful because they could pretty much pinpoint exactly how many and how big your follicles are as well as how thick your lining is. When I was on clomid, and injectibles for that matter, my RE did blood and u/s every 2 days on average. I also did a trigger, that way there was no chance that we would miss ovulation. As for 1 IUI versus 2, i guess it depends on your RE. Mine didn't leave anything to chance so we did one 12-24 hours after trigger and then again one at 36 hours after trigger. I guess this is to cover all bases. I hope that helps a little. Good luck!!
Angi's Avatar Angi 12:37 PM 07-29-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama-lisa View Post

Thanks for all the help!
The ultrasound is used to see the actual size of the follicle and which ovary it's on. I found it fascinating myself, but the sonotech is cool and spent a few extra minutes and "took me on a tour of the pelvis" when I went. They can also check the depth of your uterine lining at the same time.
If you use the Ovidrel trigger shot, let me share my experience: I felt pregnant within two days. It wasn't possible, but it sure felt like it. Then I realized how much hCG was coursing through my system! Lots! On the flip side, I know how I'll feel when I do get pregnant.

I only did one insemination, so not sure on the logic behind doing two inseminations. It may have something to do with when the trigger shot is given and when the insemination is done. You will want to check with one of the ladies that did the "double-shot".

Good Luck!
quasar's Avatar quasar 01:05 PM 07-29-2008
Angi, I can't believe you're still going to hold out until the 31st! C'mon and join me in testing today. It's a lucky day!! :
First ... 7  8  9 10 

Up