The JULY Infertility One Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 176 Old 07-11-2008, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh EastbayK, I LOVE Savannah, its my home town, I was born and raised there for 25 years. Until my DH picked me up and made me an Army wife :. I'm still in GA though so I can't complain, I get to go visit the family alot!! I hope you LOVED it!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#62 of 176 Old 07-11-2008, 02:07 PM

Hi,

I am all confused and don't know where else to turn. I had my progesterone tested yesterday and I didn't hear from my RE's but since they only call if there's a problem I'm actually glad. I called today just to see where the number was and the nurse said "it was over 40 and after 40 we stop counting so I don't have an exact number for you. Just 40+" I asked if that was good, and she said, yes, very good.

Last cycle I was on 150mg of Clomid and it made my progesterone levels VERY low; i was at 7 and had to go on progesterone suppositories. The cycle before that I was on 50mg of Clomid and it did nothing and my levels were at 17.

SOOOOOO, could i be pregnant? I'm 9dpo and the only symptoms I have are very sore and sensitive breasts and i'm sleeping like 8-9 hours (more than i usually get) and still dragging ass in the morning. I normally don't have any real PMS symptoms but I'm afraid this is all in my head and I'll get yet another BFN. Anybody else in the 2ww get their progesterone numbers back?

Thanks ladies...for all your help with my un-going craziness
#63 of 176 Old 07-11-2008, 02:11 PM

awww... I sympathize. But there's no way a progesterone number in the tww could tell you if you were pregnant or not. It's "good enough that it is possible to support a pregnancy" and "not good enough" ... I know you want to read something into this, but you really can't!

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#64 of 176 Old 07-11-2008, 05:32 PM

Kiki My progesterone last month was 115 (I took 50 mg of clomid). I wasn't preg... the Dr said it meant I definitely ovulated. Good luck!! I hope you get your bfp!!!
#65 of 176 Old 07-11-2008, 05:49 PM

i didn't really think it would, but I guess I just wanted to ask anyway. I'm just tired of the constant poking and prodding and since they never give me a reason as to why one cycle after another fails...I guess I was looking for a little glimmer of hope. 6 more days and I'll know for sure...
#66 of 176 Old 07-11-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki99 View Post
i didn't really think it would, but I guess I just wanted to ask anyway. I'm just tired of the constant poking and prodding and since they never give me a reason as to why one cycle after another fails...I guess I was looking for a little glimmer of hope. 6 more days and I'll know for sure...
Kiki, Are you taking progesterone? If so, what kind? There's one that enters your bloodstream and can make your levels very high and the suppostories are more locally absorbed so aren't always reflected in the P test. I do hope it's because you're preg. Hang in there. These are the vulnerable days...

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#67 of 176 Old 07-11-2008, 08:17 PM

Hi K - I'm new to this thread, but wanted to join in and start sharing. I'm 34, TTC since Oct 2006. My dh and I found out in June that IVF is our only option to conceive, since my husband's reversal was unsuccessful. I've had the day 21 and day 3 blood draw and I have my saline infusion on Monday. I'm really excited and a bit scared to start this journey, but I'm so glad to find a group of people with which to share the uncertainties of this experience.
#68 of 176 Old 07-11-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Kiki, Are you taking progesterone? If so, what kind? There's one that enters your bloodstream and can make your levels very high and the suppostories are more locally absorbed so aren't always reflected in the P test. I do hope it's because you're preg. Hang in there. These are the vulnerable days...

Thank you for the support, i appreciate it. They most certainly are. I am not currently on any sort of progesterone. That's why it's a little hopefull because that would mean that my body is finally doing what it's supposed to all on its own. I think i may give in and start doing a HPT on monday of next week. DH and I are going away for the weekend, meet up with some friends and try to forget the craziness for a few hours...haha. I know i'm over thinking this but at this point i can't help it.
#69 of 176 Old 07-11-2008, 09:31 PM

Kiki-did you get the trigger shot this month? be careful testing too soon b/c that can give you a false positive. I got a positive last month at 9 dpo, 11 days past trigger and I got all excited. next day was negative though. i'm bad about testing early though so I totally understand! I hope this is your month!!

I'm new to the group. I've joined in on the IUI group but thought I'd hop in here too. We've been ttc #2 since april 07. Our first ds we got pregnant first try so we didn't expect this at all. we've been through one unmedicated IUI, one month of just clomid, one month of clomid and 2 IUI's and this month we did injectibles and 2 IUI's. Just had my second one today so I"m now officially in the tww! We thought we were dealing with male factor infertility but DH's sperm samples have been all over the board. Some really high, some really low. We had good counts this month though so hopefully this is it!
#70 of 176 Old 07-12-2008, 02:20 AM

Hi Ladies!!

Seems like so many need hugs this week. Barose, Burt's Girl, Poetgirl

Kiki: Idk anything about progesterone #'s really, but still :

This was x-posted in the ttc 12+months thread:

My RE appt. reminded me of all of the stuff that I should be doing and haven't been. I have redeveloped the same infection for the third time since May. My RE was astounded that my PCP had been prescribing basically the wrong antibiotic and he told me that now I'm going to have to go on a new antibiotic and get a shot to clear the infection up. Yay! We are on TTC restriction for 4-5 weeks now as we fight to get my system cooperating and immunity back up. He says that having my immune system in peak working order is extremely important if we're going to conceive a healthy pregnancy (or develop a mature follicle for that matter). Part of his theory about why I've had my mc's is that viruses took advantage of my suppressed immunity and attacked my pregnancies. He's adding about 5 supplements for me and also now wants dh on some of those as well. It's going to be an extra $300+/month but we're committed to doing what we need to do. He also wants us on the Blood Type diet. He's been doing this since Feb (and our last appt was Dec) - and he's been having tons of luck w/ his other patients - told me about one who had a similiar diagnosis as me and she's now pg w/ twins. : Plus he's lost 20lbs in the last few months, which I don't think would upset me one bit. So that's the story for us - back to square one with some tweaks to try and get my body to cooperate. 4 weeks, I can do that, right?

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering angel2.gif 8/00, angel1.gif 5/04, angel1.gif 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09) & Bella (04/06-06/12)
#71 of 176 Old 07-12-2008, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
fierrbug and kiki - big to you both, hang in there and hoping for the best. fierrbug - just remember how far you've come, and how long it's already been.... these next few weeks will fly by!

jelly_bean and mwandjls - Welcome. I am sorry that you are on this crappy road, and I hope that your stay is short and sweet. GL to you both!

Quick update on me - I have my ET today, I'll be leaving in about 10 mins... I'm excited, nervous, scared, hopeful, and cautiously optimistic. Here's to hoping!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#72 of 176 Old 07-12-2008, 12:27 PM

I need to be removed from the "graduates" section and back to TTC... AGAIN. Thank you.

For anyone still counting, we found out (via u/s) that this pregnancy is a no-go, making it our fourth loss in a row. Now I'm in that exciting period of wondering if/when I'll miscarry naturally or whether I'll need a d'n'c. Fun times, fun times. Will somebody remind me why I keep putting myself through this?

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#73 of 176 Old 07-12-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
I need to be removed from the "graduates" section and back to TTC... AGAIN. Thank you.

For anyone still counting, we found out (via u/s) that this pregnancy is a no-go, making it our fourth loss in a row. Now I'm in that exciting period of wondering if/when I'll miscarry naturally or whether I'll need a d'n'c. Fun times, fun times. Will somebody remind me why I keep putting myself through this?
Oh WeasleyMum! I am so so sorry.
#74 of 176 Old 07-12-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:

Oh my. I am so so sorry.
#75 of 176 Old 07-12-2008, 03:13 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this thread. We've been TTC for about 1 year now. My dd was conceived through IVF/ICSI, but we don't have the $ to do another round (and no extra embryos for FET).

I'm pulling my hair out right now. I had weird period-like bleeding 7 days after ovulating, but it was lighter and shorter. Yesterday I took an HTP. Negative, but about 12 minutes after, there was a definate second blue line. But it was after the 10 minutes. So I took another one. Totally negative.

Today I took FRER, and at first there was a faint second line, but it quickly disappeared. So of course I sent dh out to get a digital. I have lots of other pregancy symptoms. But I'm 20 days past ovulation. So this really can't be pregnany.

I had mostly given up hope of conceiving naturally, and now this has my head buzzing.
#76 of 176 Old 07-12-2008, 03:58 PM

Weasleymum. I'm so sorry.
#77 of 176 Old 07-13-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:

Oh WM, I am sooo very sorry.... you are in my thoughts and prayers during yet another rough time. I don't know how in the world you continue to handle all these bumps in the road, you are a very strong woman. Hang in there!

jjawm - GL to that turning into a real BFP instead of something that just has you questioning! And welcome, may your stay here be short!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

#78 of 176 Old 07-13-2008, 11:29 AM

WM - I'm soo, soo sorry. You'll be in my prayers.
#79 of 176 Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 AM

WeasleyMum, I'm so sorry. That is terrible. I am thinking about you.

welcome mawandjls and Jellybean. I hope your stays here are short!

My temps are so super wonky this cycle. WTF? I don't even have crosshairs from FF yet. Is it possible not to ovulate if you have mature follies and they give you 10,000 units of hCG? I'm pretty sure I ovulated... why aren't my temps confirming it? Arggggh.

I am super emotional lately too. (and tired. is that the hCG?) I flipped out at DH yesterday for no real reason at all. I found some of his old underwear (briefs, he switched to boxer-briefs when we found out about his low counts) in the laundry. I accused him of still wearing the old underwear (how stupid is this), and yelled at him for not doing everything he could to improve his counts, while I undergo all these tests and procedures. He said he wasn't wearing them anymore but he didn't want to throw them away. I threatened to throw them all away, starting yelling, crying. I am such a mess! We made up, but not after he accused me of wanting him to suffer along with me so I had company. I am afraid he is right to some extent.... I get really resentful that I had to go through all those appointments and uncomfortable tests and he doesn't really have to do anything. I know life isn't fair. And I want to do all of this stuff so we can have a baby. What is wrong with me!???
#80 of 176 Old 07-15-2008, 12:02 AM

WM I'm so sorry. You are in my thought!

Biomamma I hope you are feeling better. This whole thing is such an emotional roller coaster. I can only imagine adding drugs into the mix.

As for me the news is that DH and his swimmers are totally normal. Two weeks ago he went to a urologist who did a bunch of tests and ordered a s/a etc. He at that point learned he has a common condition that up to 1 in 6 men have that sometimes effects sperm sometimes not. (varicocele? not sure) So I think we were both kind of bracing ourselves for low counts, since something is obviously not adding up. I am going to make an appointment with a RE now and look into the next stuff... hsg etc. etc. I just wish we knew what the problem was....
#81 of 176 Old 07-15-2008, 08:13 AM

blue, that's great that your DH's swimmers are normal! Did they tell you about the counts (million/ml) or the morphology?

GL getting all the diagnostic tests. I just went through a lot of them this cycle, including the HSG last week. I'm happy to answer (or try to) questions you have about the process!

How's everyone else doing?
#82 of 176 Old 07-15-2008, 04:59 PM

i am really hoping to ovulate well this month....

my doc recommended shots but i am just not ready for that yet (physically, emotionally and financially)....

so i am hoping that i can continue to work on this in a holistic way...

i am going to do some research about accupuncture in my area...i'll work more in the fall so maybe i'll start then...

i feel like time is just slipping through my fingers..
#83 of 176 Old 07-15-2008, 06:55 PM

blue - I'm glad to hear that everything came back normal. Here's to hoping that you guys figure out what is going on and why!

Tandy - Hang in there, you are in my thoughts and prayers... such a sucky road IF is....

#84 of 176 Old 07-15-2008, 07:15 PM

Quick update to my info:

hope4light TTC since March 2006 with MFI and slightly low progesterone. Currently TTC with IVF with ICSI, cycle 1 round 1 canceled due to hyper stimulation, cycle 1 round 2 antegon cycle canceled as ovulation started due to high e2 levels. Round 3 ER 7/9 and ET 7/12, beta 7/25.

#85 of 176 Old 07-15-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomama View Post
blue, that's great that your DH's swimmers are normal! Did they tell you about the counts (million/ml) or the morphology?

GL getting all the diagnostic tests. I just went through a lot of them this cycle, including the HSG last week. I'm happy to answer (or try to) questions you have about the process!
I didn't go to the appointment but dh says everything is normal. I am assuming they looked at all the counts that matter (although I know others have had issues with this...) because they seemed to have done quite a lot of tests including blood, urine, seman, prostate exam and ultrasound. It doesn't seem likely they would do all that and forget to check morphology!

However we are going to send all that info to the RE next month. I made the appointment today, finally. I feel anxious about it already. The place, as far as I can tell from their website, basically invented IVF. I am afraid they will be too aggressive for me and I will have trouble asserting myself, as I often do with doctors. IVF isn't even on the table though, ever, as it isn't covered (most everything else is) and we don't have 15,000. I really want to focus on diagnostic before we go any
further but am afraid they are going to want to jump straight ahead. It would be really really great to conceive this cycle so I don't even have to go to this appointment....

Quote:

How's everyone else doing?
Yeah, how is everyone?

Hope, I hope this is your cycle!

Tandy I sympathize with your hesitation.

Everyone else?
#86 of 176 Old 07-15-2008, 08:23 PM

Mini meltdown for me again today... yay!! Dr gave me samples of proxeed for hubby to drink. even tho his sa was normal, he said it would help "boost" fertility. Well, Dh is refusing to drink it... he says it smells like "jiz" and there is no way he is going to drink it!!! I even bought OJ and mixed it hoping it would cover some of the smell and taste. I tasted it, it really isn't the best, but anyone should be able to chug 4 oz of it!! I was so pissed... I can go thru all these procedures and take meds and get upset every month.. and he can't even drink the freakin juice??? WTF!!! Not really sure what he thinks Clomid is like... but it sucked!! The Proxeed will not have any side effects, will actually help his overall health too. He said "if its going to happen... it will happen on its own!" Well, I did things his way for 3 yrs... no fertility meds or medical intervention. That got me diddly squat.. except 3 yrs older!! This is so frustrating!! :

Also, I just found out my friend that draws my blood @ work isn't working on thurs when I need my progesterone drawn... so one of the other girls is going to have to draw it... I am such a hard stick (and a big baby about it!! )
#87 of 176 Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post
Well, Dh is refusing to drink it... he says it smells like "jiz" and there is no way he is going to drink it!!!
omg!! i am amazed at men sometimes...

i keep asking my husband if he really wants a child he talks so little about this elephant in the room!!!

he kinda rolls his eyes and says "yes"...

i am going through all this shit and he seems to just sit back and wait...

maybe i am a little jealous...
#88 of 176 Old 07-15-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandy View Post

i feel like time is just slipping through my fingers..
Tandy. Me too. A LOT, lately. I turn 35 in Oct. and as I wanted to have two or three kids, well, it's just slipping away.

I haven't updated here in a while because I'm been really down. At our IUI this month, my DH's super-excellent sample was wiped out due to a common infection or the antibiotics he had to take, neither of which was supposed to effect fert. So now it appears we are also dealing with m/f for some months to come at least. The utterly crappy thing is that we are in the process of relocating from CA to MI for DH to do a PhD fellowship, but our house hasn't sold, so he leaves Aug. 10 and I stay. I was going to bank swimmers and keep going but now I can't. It's been a really hard week and evidence yet again that I just can't control this.

Crys-mom, Forgive if this is off the wall, but perhaps buy your dh his fave spirit and pour a shot and tell him to throw back the proxeed and then chase it with the shot? (maybe that's not the healthiest idea) Could bring him back to his teen days and get what you want. Sorry, I know that's frustrating. p.s What's proxeed?

Blue, It's great you ruled out m/f and that you are very in touch with your reservations about the RE. I hope you don't have to go either, but knowing where you stand will help you cope when you're there. For the record, I wasn't looking forward either to that step, but I actually found it sort of clarifying.

Hope4Light, I'm praying for you sister! :::
You've been through a lot.

Weasley mum, Again, I'm so sorry. Thinking of you and sending you lots of .

***My acup. raised a new idea with me yesterday. She says my heart energy is often low and what can happen when you are so fixated on fert. and preg. (understandably at this stage) it can "burn up" that core heart energy and leave little left for actually getting preg. In TCM the heart governs the uterus. Hmmm, I've always despised the don't think about it/give up/relax thing, which she said she was not trying to dish out, but somehow this explanation has shifted something slightly in me. WDYT?

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#89 of 176 Old 07-16-2008, 09:06 AM

poetgirl, that situation is so frustrating. It sucks that so much is out of your control. I hope things start getting easier soon. We are here for you! I don't know anything about TCM, but I do see the value in "letting go" a little bit. I'm not always sure how to do that, but I think obsessing and trying to plan/control everything is counterproductive. I am as guilty of trying to do that as anyone though.

crystal-mommy, did you see my rant earlier about DH's stupid underwear? I was almost happy to see your post because your feelings were so similar to mine! I know it's hard, and DHs can be so stubborn and seem like they don't understand what we are going through... And here comes the whole giving up control thing again. We can't control what our DHs do, or what our bodies are doing. And you can drive yourself crazy trying, right?

Tandy, ditto! Seems this is a common theme lately.

blueRhino, I agree with poetgirl. Seeing the RE can be calming, reassuring, and in a way it takes the control away from you even more. But into the hands of a professional who is hopefully a caring and understanding person. I've been to 2 REs and one is the best and one is just kind of a factory and very blunt. His nurse told me to call when I get my period to come in for more testing, and I think you should never say when to an IF patient, always if you get your period. So I hope you have a good RE and s/he makes you feel at ease.

hope4light, GL! I am so nervous and excited for all of you on the IVF threads, I read them daily and sometimes wish I could post there .

As for me, I ended up not going to the RESOLVE meeting last night. A few things came up, including finding out my newly pg friend's fetus died. She is waiting for the m/c. It's pretty upsetting, and she is already baseline a bit depressed. She's the one I was about to tell about our IF struggles, but she told me that she was pg so I couldn't really say it after that. Now I don't know if the timing to tell her is worse or better. Obviously I'd wait a while anyway... she has to heal.
#90 of 176 Old 07-16-2008, 12:57 PM

biomama - for your friend

poetgirl - I'm not into the "just relax" thing either, especially when its coming from friends who know nothing about infertility, but for me, I think some of it holds water. Stress causes me to gain weight, lose sleep, or sleep too much, eat too much or too little so it would be crazy to think that it doesn’t affect fertility in some way.

crystal-mommy - No matter how many times I've been stuck, I still sweat in my chair when having my blood drawn.

I would kindly remind your DH about all of the crap we have to go though: needles (in the office and with injectables), vaginal ultrasounds, pelvic exams, taking drugs that turns us into monsters, and so on. I think he can survive one nasty drink. :

jjawm - I hope that was really a BFP.

Everyone else - I haven’t forgotten about you!

Me - I called my ND yesterday (instead of my OB) to see what she recommends to start my period because that horrible Provera my OB gave me. ND called in an Rx for Prometreium which is much gentler for the mind and body. I've taken it years ago and totally forgot all about it! Of course the $50 co-payment because it doesn’t come in generic form pissed me off. Why is everything that is more natural and/or better for you always cost so much more.

I started taking it last night and between that and the 5-HTP that I'm taking, I'm a walking zombie!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page