The JULY Infertility One Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 176 Old 07-23-2008, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Congratulations, mischeivium! You created this thread, and I'm happy to see you graduate!
Thanks! I do have to say, I feel a bit sheepish. I never expected it would happen this cycle. I really thought we were IVF-bound and I was just giving the IUI the old college try first. Well... I guess we all now have a story to counter the "just be positive and it will happen" crowd . Because until about 11dpiui, I was SURE that it wasn't going to work. Then I started feeling a weird slight ache/ fullness in the ovary/ uterus areas and, while I usually have breast tenderness toward the end of my cycle, this time I had that and NIPPLE tenderness. Off to get my blood test... :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 176 Old 07-23-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
Thanks! I do have to say, I feel a bit sheepish. I never expected it would happen this cycle. I really thought we were IVF-bound and I was just giving the IUI the old college try first. Well... I guess we all now have a story to counter the "just be positive and it will happen" crowd . Because until about 11dpiui, I was SURE that it wasn't going to work. Then I started feeling a weird slight ache/ fullness in the ovary/ uterus areas and, while I usually have breast tenderness toward the end of my cycle, this time I had that and NIPPLE tenderness. Off to get my blood test... :
I'm really happy to hear you say that. Because in my head I know that my attitude has nothing to do with conception / implantation / etc (otherwise nobody would ever have a surprise or unwanted pregnancy!) but every time I tell myself "I know I'm not pregnant!" (which alternates with "I must be pregnant!" ha) I wonder if I am somehow jinxing it. This whole thing just makes you completely crazy, doesn't it? Anyway, your story makes me feel better about not jinxing it!

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#123 of 176 Old 07-23-2008, 05:51 PM

yay!! i am glad you relaxed and let it happen

so happy for you!
#124 of 176 Old 07-23-2008, 05:56 PM

Ha really!

I'm trying to be a bit more laid back about all of this. I just about had a break down a few weeks go. I was at the worst I have ever been since my loss.

Now, I'm all about self-care, relaxing and enjoying the other things in life (with the help of thearpy, 5-HTP, daily excercise, etc) Not easy sometimes, I tell ya, but its worth it!
#125 of 176 Old 07-23-2008, 06:15 PM

what is "5-HTP?"

maybe i need some....
#126 of 176 Old 07-23-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
yay!! i am glad you relaxed and let it happen

so happy for you!
Yes, moving states while going through your first medicated cycle is SOOOO relaxing. Interestingly, the negative attitude and busyness kept me from obsessing that much during the 2WW... until about 11dpiui, that is. And let's just say that virtually nothing has gotten done in the past few days .

Quote:
Originally Posted by barose View Post
Ha really!

I'm trying to be a bit more laid back about all of this. I just about had a break down a few weeks go. I was at the worst I have ever been since my loss.

Now, I'm all about self-care, relaxing and enjoying the other things in life (with the help of thearpy, 5-HTP, daily excercise, etc) Not easy sometimes, I tell ya, but its worth it!
See, now that's what I think the "relaxing" is good for-- It's not that you will suddenly get pregnant because you "relaxed," but rather it's about trying to find a way to have some quality of life while dealing with infertility. Good for you, barose. You have always impressed me with all the positive changes you've been able to make for yourself (weight/ lifestyle- wise).

That all said, this was definitely decidedly NOT a relaxing few weeks in the mischievium household !
#127 of 176 Old 07-23-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
Yes, moving states while going through your first medicated cycle is SOOOO relaxing. Interestingly, the negative attitude and busyness kept me from obsessing that much during the 2WW... until about 11dpiui, that is. And let's just say that virtually nothing has gotten done in the past few days .

See, now that's what I think the "relaxing" is good for-- It's not that you will suddenly get pregnant because you "relaxed," but rather it's about trying to find a way to have some quality of life while dealing with infertility. Good for you, barose. You have always impressed me with all the positive changes you've been able to make for yourself (weight/ lifestyle- wise).

That all said, this was definitely decidedly NOT a relaxing few weeks in the mischievium household !
Thank you. Sometimes you get to the point that something has to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
what is "5-HTP?"

maybe i need some....
Check out this thread of mine http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=919815 I go in to it towards the end. Let me know if you have more questions.
#128 of 176 Old 07-24-2008, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Mischievium - I posted this on the other one too, but I had to say it again,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Here's to sticky baby vibes, and a happy and healthy 9 months!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#129 of 176 Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Mischievium!!! HH9M:

AAM- Going back to charting to avoid this month is an interesting twist. Trying to decide if I've got fertile CM and I need to avoid is much more challenging than knowing that if it's not fertile CM we can just keep doing it until I ovulate.

K

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#130 of 176 Old 07-24-2008, 02:53 PM

I just wanted to poke my head and (as per requested) let you ladies know that I just got back from my u/s and I'm having TWINS!!

I honestly could not have done it with out you ladies support over the last 18 months! Ya'll are the best!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#131 of 176 Old 07-24-2008, 03:27 PM

Mischeivium - : CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :

Aly - Wow! Twins!

I wish you both a very happy and healthy nine months! :

I do still lurk on this forum, even though I don't post much. I just wanted to offer to all of those who need them and are facing another cycle. I'm currently in the tww after ivf and trying not to think about it.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#132 of 176 Old 07-24-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
I just wanted to poke my head and (as per requested) let you ladies know that I just got back from my u/s and I'm having TWINS!!

I honestly could not have done it with out you ladies support over the last 18 months! Ya'll are the best!
I am SOOOOO happy and excited for you!! CONGRATS!!
#133 of 176 Old 07-24-2008, 06:02 PM

Thanks for all the congrats!

I just got the result of my first beta hCG-- a very healthy 148!!! efinitely NOT leftovers from the shot ! That fear has now been firmly put to rest. They want me to come back in 2-3 days for a follow-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post

Congratulations times two, Aly!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
I do still lurk on this forum, even though I don't post much. I just wanted to offer to all of those who need them and are facing another cycle. I'm currently in the tww after ivf and trying not to think about it.
::::
#134 of 176 Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 PM

congrats, Aly!!!

i hope to find this place as much of a support as you did!!!
#135 of 176 Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 PM

mischievium: CONGRATS right back at you!!!! :

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#136 of 176 Old 07-24-2008, 10:35 PM

mischievium, and Aly Huge congrats!

JenaMom to ds & dd Proud to
#137 of 176 Old 07-25-2008, 12:03 AM

mischievium Congratulations!!

Aly - wow twins. That is so exciting!

It is good to see so some good news over here on this board. Hopefully it is contagious.

I have been lurking rather quietly mostly because I don't have much to say. I am in the two week wait. I am trying to decide if I should move my cover line because two crazy temps before ovulation have put it really high. Obviously it doesn't really matter, whatever is or isn't going on inside of me has nothing to do with a silly line. I am trying to be cautiously optimistic. My CM seemed to have dried up really early this month, which is disconcerning. However we BD a lot both with fertile CM and also right at ovulation.

Wishing everyone the best.
#138 of 176 Old 07-25-2008, 12:28 AM

May I join please?

I am 38 married to hubby 37 and we have been ttc #1 since 2005 (although no prevention since we were wed in late 2002)

Found out last year we are dealing with mild MFI (low motility) and unexplained. Not sure about IUI and Clomid which the RE suggested to us and really would like to do something proactive considering my age but money is a factor. Praying and hoping that somehow with the help of prayers, Vit C, E and Zinc for husband, we will be blessed. If not I believe next year we may pursue ART after we have saved some money. I'll be 39 soon and so long to be a mother.

Stay blessed!
#139 of 176 Old 07-25-2008, 06:41 AM

#140 of 176 Old 07-25-2008, 09:33 AM

Aly - Twins? That is really wonderful!!!

Held - Welcome, and as we always say, I hope your stay here is short!

I had my beta today, and now I'm just waiting for the results... I didn't POAS, so I really have no clue at this point, but I'm hoping for some good news sometime today!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

#141 of 176 Old 07-25-2008, 10:37 AM

Congrats on the twins, Aly! Here's hoping for a boring, uncomplicated pregnancy and two healthy babies at the end!

Held, welcome. This group has been great for me, I hope it's as helpful to you!

hope4light and bluerhino: good luck! :

Me: Temp drop this morning. I'd been spotting for the last two days, but I held out hope until I saw this morning's temp. I called the clinic about more drugs and possibly an hsg. I called and insurance covers it. So I decided to go for it. If there's a problem with blocked tubes, there's no reason to waste more time with IUI's..

#142 of 176 Old 07-25-2008, 03:02 PM

Thanks for the welcome songbird45
#143 of 176 Old 07-25-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Congrats on the twins, Aly! Here's hoping for a boring, uncomplicated pregnancy and two healthy babies at the end!

Held, welcome. This group has been great for me, I hope it's as helpful to you!

hope4light and bluerhino: good luck! :

Me: Temp drop this morning. I'd been spotting for the last two days, but I held out hope until I saw this morning's temp. I called the clinic about more drugs and possibly an hsg. I called and insurance covers it. So I decided to go for it. If there's a problem with blocked tubes, there's no reason to waste more time with IUI's..
My thoughts exactly!! Doesn't matter how many follicles, ovulation, progesterone or sperm are available if something is blocked!! Good luck!! I scheduled my lap for next thursday. Hopefully, if there is something wrong, it can easily be fixed. I guess we get to be cycle buddies again... hopefully for the last time!!
#144 of 176 Old 07-26-2008, 01:28 AM

Tandy and hope4light thanks for the welcome. I must have missed your posts somehow

Many congrats to those with baby blessings on the way
#145 of 176 Old 07-26-2008, 09:10 AM

question?? Af showed up in full force yesterday (friday). Should I count my period as having started on thursday when I started spotting?? Or friday when it got a little heavier?? Usually it doesn't matter, but I have to start taking Femara on CD 3 (either today or tomorrow-not sure which to pick!!) Last month I didn't spot just started AF. thanks!!
#146 of 176 Old 07-26-2008, 10:44 AM

my nurse says it's the day of the first full flow...
#147 of 176 Old 07-26-2008, 02:21 PM

1st day of full flow (not just spotting)... but honestly it's not terribly crucial. My doc said that they use Femara days 3-7 but if you can't get the script filled in time (like if AF starts on the weekend and you can't get a hold of the office until Monday or something), 4-8 or 5-9 will work too.

#148 of 176 Old 07-26-2008, 08:31 PM
soc

Well, I FINALLY got to see a RE after MONTHS of waiting!
After assessing our case:
* 30 yo female & 34 yo male
* Trying for 22 cycles
* Don't drink or smoke
* Home fertility tests appear 'normal'
the RE decided that we should try IUI until December... and if nothing happened we would need to consider IVF.

So, here I am... a newbie to this thread!

I had my appointment on CD7... and luckily the clinic managed to squeeze me in for a SIS on CD10 (otherwise I would have been waiting till next month). Upon having my SIS, the Doc said everything looked good... he even got a glimpse of a 'nice big follicle' which meant I would O in 24-48hrs - sure enough he was right.

I'm currently on antibiotics, as a safety measure following the SIS, and DH is scheduled for a SA on 5th Aug. I will be starting all the drugs when my next cycle starts in early August... and going for more bloods on CD2.
The whole 'self-inducing' needle thing will be a bit scary! But at the same time, I can't wait to make a start!
#149 of 176 Old 07-28-2008, 09:07 AM

Please update me:

hope4light TTC since March 2006 with MFI and slightly low progesterone. Currently TTC with IVF with ICSI, cycle 1 round 1 and 2 canceled. Round 3 left me with a BFN.

Thanks....

#150 of 176 Old 07-28-2008, 09:27 AM

well, i ovulated (so says fertility friend)...but it was 3 days after the last time we BD'd bc hubby was away on business...so i highly doubt i will get pregnant...

i told him that if they want him to travel again during my O time that i am going with him!

i hate wasting a perfectly good ovulation!!

anyone else know the feeling?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page