The JULY Infertility One Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 176 Old 07-03-2008, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
July- Heating up with BFP's

The Infertility ONE Thread

A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Trying to Conceive

barose TTC since 1999 (with intermittent breaks), 1 30wk MC, PCOS (treated with diet/ lifestyle) and Hypothyroid.

biomama TTC since November 2007. 4th IUI cycle, now with clomid and hCG trigger.

blueRhino TTC #1 since June 2007. Currently doing very preliminary diagnostic testing, and Chinese herbs and acupuncture.

BurtsGirl TTC #1 since Aug 2007 using frozen donor sperm

Corikodjo 39, TTC since August of 2007,1 Chemical Pregnancy 11/07,1st cycle with clomid

crazyrunningmama TTC #2 with MFI, DC#1 conceived with IVF/ICSI. Weaned dd in order to do IVF, doing weekly acupuncture and gearing up for another cycle of IVF/ICSI.

Crystal-mommy TTC #2 w/ PCOS on and off for 3 yrs. 2 clomid cycles-BFN, 1st cycle w/ femara

EastbayK TTC #2 since June 2007 with unexplained infertility and while treating cancer (DH). TTC with clomid/IUI.

FierrBugg - TTC #1 since February 2001, mis-dx w/ PCOS in 2002, but do have hormone and ovulatory issues. Finally dx in 2007 w/ a host of clotting properties, low Growth Hormone compensated for by elevated Cortisol and past exposure to nasty viruses that don’t bother me, but love to attack my pregnancies. Taking a mix of supplements and conv. meds. Starting cycle 1 of clomid + injectibles as soon as af rears her ugly head.

hope4light TTC since March 2006 with MFI and slightly low progesterone. Currently TTC with IVF with ICSI, cycle 1 round 1 canceled due to hyper stimulation, cycle 1 round 2 antegon cycle canceled as ovulation started due to high e2 levels. Round 3 ER 7/9 and ET 7/12, beta 7/25.

Julia'sMom TTC#2 with PCOS. DD1 conceived with met, clomid & hcg. No response to clomid, starting IVF.

kristenok18. TTC#2 since 2004, taking a break.

kristinc Grieving after failed IVF w/ ICSI attempt #1. Trying to figure out a new game plan and find a new RE who doesn't think my 27 year-old eggas are too old.

Mawandjls TTC since Oct 2006 with MFI due to vasectomy. Preparing for IVF.

Perdita_In_Ontario TTC#2 since December 2007, started TTC#1 in 1999, MFI (CBAVD) diagnosed in 2002, DC#1 concieved via IVF/ICSI in October 2004. IVF#3 - BFN - Consult w/o June 1 for next steps

poetgirl TTC since October 2006 with low progesterone, possible LPD and hypothalamus dysfunction. Removed polyp 3/08. On 21st cycle, doing IUI, acupuncture and pre-O cleanse. Progesterone in LP

songbird45 TTC #1 with PCOS since January 2007 - 2 failed Clomid cycles and no longer a candidate for Clomid. Now trying Femara for the first time...

Tandy~36 yrs.~TTC #1 for 4 years (2 years with doctor and 1 year break) after 2 miscarriages due to hypercoagulation (blood clotting) solved by taking a blood thinner when i get pregnant again...taking Metformin 1500 mg daily...and natural progesterone cream after possible conception every ovulatory cycle...shouldn't take clomid due to a mood disorder so trying to avoid it...weight/nutrition issues due to other medications but now getting it under control by tapering off those medications and eating better and exercising...

WeasleyMum TTC since October 2006, 4 MCs

Willllthiswork - 25 - TTC #1 since September 05 - First IVF failed

Graduates
(May everyone who passes through this thread find their way to this section)

GreenFlower TTC#2 since Spring 2007--> MARCH 2008

LoveMyJonah TTC #2 with Endometriosis since 11/2007--> MARCH 2008.

Stacymom TTC since March 2006, 1 MC (2007), diagnosed PCOS (treated with Metformin), --> MARCH 2008

soulshine TTC since June 2005, full-term unexplained stillbirth (2005) and MC (2006), with unexplained secondary infertility. --> APRIL 2008

kJad29 TTC since July 2006 with possible MFI, TTC naturally -->MAY 2008

Gillian28 TTC#1 Since April 2007 --> JUNE 2008

Puffnstuff TTC #1 since early 2007. --> June 2008

laralee16 --> June 2008 (while on a break!)

baturay TTC#3, DC#1 and 2 conceived with Clomid. --> June 2008

Aly22681 TTC #1 since January 2007, 3 MCs. --> July 2008

Kiki99 TTC #1 since Apr 2007 (unexplained infertility) with DH. 1 unmedicated IUI - failed, 2 Clomid IUI's - failed and had my 4th IUI with injectables. --> July 2008

mischievium :TTC since February 2007 with MFI (antisperm antibodies) and possible mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Currently TTC with Clomid and IUI. --> July 2008

Jelly Bean TTC #2 since April 07. one unmedicated IUI, one month of just clomid, one month of clomid and 2 IUI's and this month we did injectibles and 2 IUI's. --> July 2008

PLEASE let the threadkeeper know if there is anything you would like to add/ delete/ change from your synopsis above (including silly things like not liking the color your username is in) either by bolding the information you want changed/ updated in your post or by sending the threadkeeper a PM. And PLEASE check to make sure that the correct chart is linked to the chart icon in front of your username.

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#2 of 176 Old 07-03-2008, 10:53 AM

EastbayK, thank you for the new thread!

I'll repost what I posted in the June thread.

Congratulations, Aly! Here's hoping it's sticky!

Thanks for your thoughts on injectibles. The dr. told me that the only reason to go for IVF vs. injectibles is the risk of higher order multiples. I'm uncomfortable with selective reduction but not completely opposed. I'm worried about its risks, but I'm just as worried about the risks of a high-order-multiple pregnancy. Injectibles are still less invasive than IVF, so I'm still sort of leaning towards it, but I'm not completely sure.

I'm not religious, but just the idea of seeing 4 beating hearts on an ultrasound and thinking I should stop two of them...

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#3 of 176 Old 07-03-2008, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Administrative stuff-
I cleaned up the list and took off everyone who hadn't posted last month. Please feel free to post and get re-added if I took you off!

Tandy
Bungalowmama
Kiki99
voltige
Crystal-mommy
Coridodjo
Post a bit about yourself to be added to the roster. Please post in BOLD so I catch it

I lost all the formatting when I copied and pasted and had to re-do it all...

Fun Stuff-
We had LOTS of BFP's last month and have started the ball rolling!

: Congrats to Aly and Luna on their BFP's!!! I'm so happy for you (and a bit jealous too :

After work today, I have 10 days off! I'm so excited

K

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#4 of 176 Old 07-03-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastbayK View Post
Administrative stuff-
I cleaned up the list and took off everyone who hadn't posted last month. Please feel free to post and get re-added if I took you off!

Tandy
Bungalowmama
Kiki99
voltige
Crystal-mommy
Coridodjo
Post a bit about yourself to be added to the roster. Please post in BOLD so I catch it

I lost all the formatting when I copied and pasted and had to re-do it all...

Fun Stuff-
We had LOTS of BFP's last month and have started the ball rolling!

: Congrats to Aly and Luna on their BFP's!!! I'm so happy for you (and a bit jealous too :

After work today, I have 10 days off! I'm so excited

K
Hi K. Thanks for the thread. Here's some info about me
39 years old
TTC since August of 2007
1 Chemical Pregnancy 11/08
1st cycle with clomid

Thanks a bunch!!
#5 of 176 Old 07-03-2008, 01:33 PM

Tandy~36 yrs.~TTC #1 for 4 years (2 years with doctor and 1 year break) after 2 miscarriages due to hypercoagulation (blood clotting) solved by taking a blood thinner when i get pregnant again...taking Metformin 1500 mg daily...and natural progesterone cream after possible conception every ovulatory cycle...shouldn't take clomid due to a mood disorder so trying to avoid it...weight/nutrition issues due to other medications but now getting it under control by tapering off those medications and eating better and exercising...

that's it in a nutshell sorry if it's too long...that's as short as i could say it..feel free to edit where you see fit...

and after dh and i made love last night, i noticed that some of the progesterone i had inserted that morning was a little tinged brownish redish...that is not at all normal for me...this was on day 25 so possible implantation...doubtful but let's hope...
#6 of 176 Old 07-03-2008, 03:08 PM

Hi K, Thanks for starting up a new thread

Here's the info on me currently

TTC #1 since Apr 2007 (unexplained infertility) with DH. 1 unmedicated IUI - failed, 2 Clomid IUI's - failed and just had my 4th IUI with injectables. 2WW here I come...

Congratulations to all the BFP's! Couldn't be happier for you all!
#7 of 176 Old 07-03-2008, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

Thanks ladies!

Today, I'm bored at work so I'm obsessing. I've been a major witch to DH for the last three nights. It has to be a hormonal thing, b/c he hasn't done anything out of the ordinary. But my goodness is he grating on my nerves. Can I have PMS starting only 3dpo? And then today my my lower abs feel... weak? Tired? Like I just did 100 crunches or something. But I'm sure I would know if I had done something like that. Or maybe it's them telling me that they would like me to do something beyond sitting in front of a computer all day...

Kim

#8 of 176 Old 07-03-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastbayK View Post
Updated to here

Thanks ladies!

Today, I'm bored at work so I'm obsessing. I've been a major witch to DH for the last three nights. It has to be a hormonal thing, b/c he hasn't done anything out of the ordinary. But my goodness is he grating on my nerves. Can I have PMS starting only 3dpo? And then today my my lower abs feel... weak? Tired? Like I just did 100 crunches or something. But I'm sure I would know if I had done something like that. Or maybe it's them telling me that they would like me to do something beyond sitting in front of a computer all day...

Kim

Hi Kim -- oops my chemical pregnancy was 11/07, my mistake (duh, not 08)

Thanks again!

I have also been a total witch to my hubby. I think it's just a mix of it all. Hang in there!
#9 of 176 Old 07-03-2008, 06:35 PM

Hi Kim, thanks so much for starting the new thread!

I'm on my 4th IUI cycle, now with clomid and hCG trigger. We're thinking if this one doesn't work we need to ramp up and maybe jump to IVF, which is a bit scary to me!

This is also a diagnostic cycle for me: HSG and saline histosonogram next week, also lots of bloodwork and U/S checking. I have a doctor's appointment every day next week!

Congrats to all the BFPs, this has been a good week! Very happy for y'all.
#10 of 176 Old 07-03-2008, 06:56 PM

I'm on CD 49 or 50 and due to see my OB on Monday to see why I dont have AF even though I have strong post-O symptoms (since around June 10) but a neg HPT on the 21st.
#11 of 176 Old 07-03-2008, 11:04 PM

TTC #2 w/ PCOS on and off for 3 yrs. 2 clomid cycles-BFN, 1st cycle w/ femara.

I have my first u/s on monday to check follicles. Kinda nervous, my last cycle w/ clomid my 4dpo progesterone was 115, so they think i ovulated more than one egg. DH isnt going to want me to do HCG shot if there is the possibility for multiples. I am feeling kinda restless today.... the glucophage is making my stomach upset, and the femara makes me hot! Still not nearly as bad as I felt on clomid, so trying not to complain too much!!
#12 of 176 Old 07-04-2008, 12:12 AM

I'm taking a break, deciding whether I want to keep doing this dance or accept things as they are and move on. Still taking metformin, but I'm not doing any other medications or planning another iui. :
#13 of 176 Old 07-05-2008, 11:09 AM

Hi All. Just wondering what all your TSH levels are. Mine is 3.01 and while my RE has never mentioned this being a problem - I'm reading lots of stuff that says it should be between 1 and 2.

What do you all think? I'm on clomid this cycle and if my TSH is too high will a pregnancy even stick?

I guess I'll discuss this with the Dr. on Monday.

Sometimes I hate the internet.
#14 of 176 Old 07-05-2008, 01:48 PM

cori, I'm getting my thyroid checked now too, I had blood drawn on Thursday for it. I'll let you know what it is.

kristenok18, hugs. That's tough. I wish this were easier for all of us.

barose, let us know what happens! Do you think you might be pg?

crystal-mommy, good luck on Monday. I hope you and your DH can come to a resolution about what you'll want to do. GL!

I have my HSG on Monday, I'm majorly nervous about it. Not sure why... I'm worried it will show my tubes are blocked or something. I'm also worried about how I'll feel physically, and I'm going by myself (against orders ) so I'll have to drive home after (or to work, depends on how I feel).

I guess we will all be updating Monday night!
#15 of 176 Old 07-05-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomama View Post
cori, I'm getting my thyroid checked now too, I had blood drawn on Thursday for it. I'll let you know what it is.

I have my HSG on Monday, I'm majorly nervous about it. Not sure why... I'm worried it will show my tubes are blocked or something. I'm also worried about how I'll feel physically, and I'm going by myself (against orders ) so I'll have to drive home after (or to work, depends on how I feel).

I guess we will all be updating Monday night!
I am having mine on Tuesday. I really didn't want to do it - cause I have been pregnant once before -- AND I'm on Clomid already - but the RE said we'll just do it to rule it out. I am going alone too!
#16 of 176 Old 07-05-2008, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Cori - On most of the tests I don't remember my numbers, it was so long ago and I had slightly low progesterone, but all else was within normal ranges. I wish that I had more experience to help you out!!

Barose - That seems so strange... If anything, here's to hoping that you might, just might, be carrying that sticky little bean!

Quick update on me, through this hellish third attempt at IVF with ICSI, I am actually thinking that I might make it to an ER and an ET! Today will be day 9 of stims, had b/w and u/s today and the doc was very pleased with how I'm coming along, especially considering my history. My E levels are still a little high, but he's hoping to push me to Thursday, but ER could be as early as Weds... ET (yeppers, a FRESH one!) could be Saturday!!! WOOO HOOOO!! :

Update to my notes:

hope4light TTC since March 2006 with MFI and slightly low progesterone. Currently TTC with IVF with ICSI, cycle 1 round 1 canceled due to hyper stimulation, cycle 1 round 2 antegon cycle canceled as ovulation started due to high e2 levels. Round 3 lupron and repronex again, ER possibly 7/9 or 7/10 with possible ET 7/12ish.

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#17 of 176 Old 07-06-2008, 02:23 AM

Can't remember exactly what my Dr said about higher TSH levels, but it was something to do w/ having a baby that has llower IQ. Holy crap!! Never thought about my fetus being "dumb'" cause of all this!! My head was spinning as he was talking, he talks about a 100miles a minute!! I think it "can" implant if levels are a little higher, but they like to see them lower. My tsh has always been normal, but my anti-thyroid levels are super high (levels are supposed to be under 4 *i think* and mine was >120! Anxious to see what the Dr has to say about that.

I was supposed to have a HSG this cycle, but think it is going to be postponed since I just switched dr's. The whole holiday weekend really got things off track!!

I asked DH if he wanted to go w/ me on monday to the dr. It will hard cause don't really want my 5yr old to see all this stuff. But, he will prolly decide he doesn't want to go anyway! And if something happens and I do get preg w/ multiples I can always say " i asked you if you wanted to go"!! lol
#18 of 176 Old 07-06-2008, 01:41 PM

Hi ladies:

songbird45: I had never heard that about injectibles. Thanks for mentioning it - I'm going to have to research it now. My RE wants to put me on injectibles w/ clomid - we have some friends who did it and didn't have any issues w/ multiples. But twins run in my family. Thanks again!!

Tandy: : that you had implantation spotting.

biomama: GL w/ your slew of dr's appt.'s

barose: I'm kind of in the same boat as you. GL w/ your Dr.'s appt.

EastbayK, crystal-mommy, kristenok18, hope4light, corikodjo:

Congrats to the June bfp's. :

I started June out on the thread and then went away. June was a crazy month for us - I turned 31, dh was in the hospital, not to be outdone mil was in the hospital the next week, I had the flu and was dead to the world for about 4 days. Everyone's ok. Life was just super crazy there for a while. I'm on cd87 and have been spotting since Monday. I was waiting for cd3 to go in for a pre-clomid u/s but when I called the RE's office and told them I haven't had an af since April, they told me I should come in next week. Go figure. My cycles haven't been this wonky since my first mc - when I would go 6 months w/o an af. But I don't have that kind of patience/time right now. I'm just tired of waiting for my body to cooperate, I'm at that point where I'm going to MAKE it cooperate.

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering 8/00, 5/04, 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09), Bella (04/06-06/12) & Keevah (06/03-04/14)
#19 of 176 Old 07-06-2008, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

I think I got everyone! I'm going on vacation and won't be online until thursday am or so, so it will be a few days if you have an update. My chart is looking nice so far, I just hope the trend continues- http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/165d5b

fierrbugg- Glad you are back, sorry last month was so rough for you. I hope things take a turn for the better!

GL to everyone!!!!

K

#20 of 176 Old 07-06-2008, 05:36 PM

fierrbug, Clomid with injectibles doesn't make a lot of sense, unless you're talking about an hcg trigger. I can't have Clomid or Femara, so we're talking about injectible FSH, which tends to mature more than one follicle at once. I don't think an hcg trigger shot has anything to do with how many follicles mature.. I think it just releases the mature eggs.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#21 of 176 Old 07-06-2008, 10:15 PM

EastbayK - Nice chart! Have a good vacation.

fierrbugg - Thanks!

hope4light - This has been on our mind this weekend too.

biomama - Not sure, but I'm going to be bitting my nails until tomorrow (appointment is at 4:00PM )

We are back from being away for the holiday weekend and now nervous about my appointment tomorrow. Nothing has changed: still sore breasts, creamy CM (not sure what that means), etc.
#22 of 176 Old 07-06-2008, 11:49 PM

You can do both Clomid and injectibles, Here is how my dr explained it to me...
Clomid blocks your brain from LIMITING the hormone that grows your eggs, so they get alot more of it while your on clomid.
Injectibles take your brain out of the equation all together, the injectibles feed the eggs the hormones to make them grow.
(I'm SURE this is not the medical way it all happens but this was just his way of dumbing it down for me )

So if you do both they usually do Clomid Cycle days 3-7 then Injectibles 8-12 (or however long you need them)

Its a pretty aggressive protocol but I've heard of ALOT of women getting pg by doing this GOOD LUCK!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#23 of 176 Old 07-07-2008, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
Its a pretty aggressive protocol but I've heard of ALOT of women getting pg by doing this GOOD LUCK!!
And I was not ready for it 6 months ago, which is when we decided just to have me on the meds/supplements and go through 3 'normal' cycles. But since I haven't had a normal cycle since 2007 - I'm just ready to move on and up. We've been ttc long enough, and I've been fighting to do it as naturally as possible for 7-ish years and all that's gotten me is 1 possibly 2 chemicals and lots of frustration. So, I've learned alot of about myself in the mean time, but I'm just tired of futzing around. I'm about 1 year behind dh w/ this decision, but he's been awesome about letting me figure out what I want to do - because I'm the one who has to be poked and prodded, etc.

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering 8/00, 5/04, 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09), Bella (04/06-06/12) & Keevah (06/03-04/14)
#24 of 176 Old 07-07-2008, 08:41 AM

I dislike afternoon appt's!! It seems like it consumes my whole day! Of course, any other day I would sleep til 11 or 12 (I work nights so our schedule is a little different around here) and that would be fine w/ a 3pm appointment. Today?? Up @ 6:30am!!! I am going to have lunch w/ some girlfriends, that should pass some time. oh well, @ least that gives me plenty of time to shave, lotion and all the other primping involved w/ having to get up in the stirrups!! lol
#25 of 176 Old 07-07-2008, 08:44 AM

oh barose, I hope it's good news! GL!!!
#26 of 176 Old 07-07-2008, 01:23 PM

well, it wasn't implantation spotting...i started my menstrual cycle....

here we go again....i have a doc. appt. tomorrow to discuss things...

hubby might be away on business this month while i am ovulating...but if i am exactly on time (day 16 or 17 for me) then he will be home...only those 2 days though...wouldn't that be funny if it worked out?

i am not as depressed about starting my cycle this month as i was last month...no tears...just a desire to move on....
#27 of 176 Old 07-07-2008, 03:56 PM

Tandy, I hope your scheduling will work out! Treat yourself with something nice to make up for AF showing up. I find it makes me feel better to have a nice glass of wine, or watch a girly movie, or something else a little indulgent when I get AF.
#28 of 176 Old 07-07-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
well, it wasn't implantation spotting...i started my menstrual cycle....
#29 of 176 Old 07-07-2008, 04:23 PM

thanks for the support...i am handling it unusually well this month...maybe it's because i got a lot of sun over the weekend!!!
#30 of 176 Old 07-07-2008, 04:44 PM

I just wanted to update, I got my beta and it was a lovely 84!! So it looks like only one of my embies took! DH and I are ecstatic! Now lets hope it doubles!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page