August IUIs - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 147 Old 08-13-2008, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=DLT;11920626]Hey Cori & Poet,Count yourselves lucky - you're 4 days ahead of me in the 2WW When are you both testing?

Hi DLT - I am going in for blood test on Monday -- but I know I'll test in a day or two. Maybe I'll try and hold out till Saturday when my husband isn't working. And you Poet?
#62 of 147 Old 08-15-2008, 08:03 AM

Well, after TTC #2 since 2004, doing huge amounts of charting, husband having an apparently unnecessary varicocele repair, spending two years and tons of money in an ultimately failed adoption process, finally getting serious about infertility medicine, making a really long trip to the IF clinic, and lining up the letrozole and the IUI for this month as soon as my cycle started, it never did start. I appear to have gotten pregnant. I've had MCs before Junior was born, so I'm not getting all bouncy or 'nuthin quite yet, but....
#63 of 147 Old 08-15-2008, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaberg View Post
Well, after TTC #2 since 2004, doing huge amounts of charting, husband having an apparently unnecessary varicocele repair, spending two years and tons of money in an ultimately failed adoption process, finally getting serious about infertility medicine, making a really long trip to the IF clinic, and lining up the letrozole and the IUI for this month as soon as my cycle started, it never did start. I appear to have gotten pregnant. I've had MCs before Junior was born, so I'm not getting all bouncy or 'nuthin quite yet, but....
Congrats!!!! Thinking sticky sticky sticky thoughts.

AAM - I totally tested this morning 9dpI and I got a BFN -- but my chart is looking pretty good! Waiting is the hardest part. I think I've said that before.
#64 of 147 Old 08-15-2008, 11:15 AM

GOT EVIL AF TODAY! UGH! Well, onto next month! At least the anticipation is over...:
#65 of 147 Old 08-15-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama-lisa View Post
GOT EVIL AF TODAY! UGH! Well, onto next month! At least the anticipation is over...:
I'm sorry, but I'll see you in next month's string. I'm skipping this month. The parents are visting in Mid September, and their visit will be over and done with by the time the IUI rolls around. They will be happily and safely 1200 miles away. ::::

Don't get me wrong, I love my parents. But my mother tends to drive me batty. : But then again, there must be something about her. My Dad has stayed married to her for 42 years.
#66 of 147 Old 08-16-2008, 02:19 PM

isaberg- Congrats to you!!!!!!!!!!!::::
Positive and sticky thoughts are being sent your way!!!

mama-lisa- So sorry to hear you are out!! I know what you mean when you say the anticipation is over. That tww is the worst!!! Good luck to you in your next cycle.

corikodjo- Keep the hope alive!! to you that your chart keeps climbing!!!

AAM... Well, we went in for our CD 10 U/S this morning. the actual dr did my U/S b/c the one girl (tech) doing it was running behind. So at first he walked in while i was undressing and then he was kinda totally clueless with how that machine worked b/c he said it was an older model than the one he is used to. So my uterus was better (thicker) this time, i think it was like 7.3 (was 3.4 last time) and he said i have like a total of like 7-8 folicles again, but only two of them were the right size, one on each side that they were "the eggs of the day" as he called them. haha. He talked to us after and said to have sex the next 3 nights (i think DH paid him to say that ), and when i get home to give myself the shot (which i did and it wasn't too bad, except when they tell you to squeeze it to get a drip at the end of the needle i think i squeezed a little too hard and almost sprayed myself in the eye. My body has been responding pretty well to all these drugs so i'm sure a little less of that hormone won't hurt me). So DH goes in on monday at like 11:00am and i have to be there at 12:30 for the iui!!! Yippe!!! : I'm excited b/c after last month with the clomid thinning the lining too much I wasn't getting my hopes up with the 50mg this time, but it turned out better than I had expected. I'm starting to feel like Ovulation pains especially on the Rt side, but it is tolerable but a little worse than my norm. :!!!!!

oh, and he said i have like a endometros (it wasn't endometriosis but something that sounded just like it with a different ending) on my Left side and if it happens to show up again in the next U/S (hopefully there won't be one) then that will be a problem. His hope was it was just like a cyst or fluid left over from the last clomid cycle since it wasn't there last time. anyone else been told this??????

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#67 of 147 Old 08-16-2008, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Hi All! I just got my BFP. I was up all night at a birth last night. Came home and slept from 2-6pm and tested and it's a faint line - but it's positive. I don't even know what to do with myself.

OOOOOOH! I just hope it sticks.
#68 of 147 Old 08-16-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corikodjo View Post
Hi All! I just got my BFP. I was up all night at a birth last night. Came home and slept from 2-6pm and tested and it's a faint line - but it's positive. I don't even know what to do with myself.

w00t!!!!!!!!!

: : : : :

Sticky thoughts!!!!!!!!
#69 of 147 Old 08-16-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corikodjo View Post

Congrats!!!!!! :::::::
That is so awesome!!! Fingers crossed for a one!!!! Keep us updated!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!:

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#70 of 147 Old 08-17-2008, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

thanks so much guys!! i'm still a POAS addict. the madness has not stopped. GL to all of you!
#71 of 147 Old 08-17-2008, 07:34 PM
DLT

isaberg, what fantastic news! Sending you lots of :

cori OMG!!! : Congratulations! That is such wonderful news! How many DP IUI were you when you tested? How exciting!

blueyezz4, GL for your IUI. I hope you have great news after your 2WW.

my update, well, I'm still sitting in the 2WW. I took my 2nd pregnyl injection last night and the 3rd one will be on Wednesday. and then I have 1 week after that to wait for my blood tests. This 2WW feels like a 2 year wait
#72 of 147 Old 08-17-2008, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT View Post
isaberg, what fantastic news! Sending you lots of :

cori OMG!!! : Congratulations! That is such wonderful news! How many DP IUI were you when you tested? How exciting!

blueyezz4, GL for your IUI. I hope you have great news after your 2WW.

my update, well, I'm still sitting in the 2WW. I took my 2nd pregnyl injection last night and the 3rd one will be on Wednesday. and then I have 1 week after that to wait for my blood tests. This 2WW feels like a 2 year wait
Hi DLT - I was 10 dpIUI - I couldn't believe it!!!
#73 of 147 Old 08-17-2008, 08:53 PM

DLT- sorry to hear your tww is feeling like 2 yrs!!! : for you!!!!

Here's a question:
After you give yourself the trigger shot will you continue to get positive OPK as well as hpt until the hcg is out of your body???? I think i read somewhere that you can use an OPK as a hpt? Is that true or did I make it up?? Also, anyone use the CBEFM and continue to get peaks after the trigger shot??? I was tempted to use a hpt tonight just to see what a positive looks like, but i resisted!!! Our first IUI is tomorrow at 12:30. :

#74 of 147 Old 08-17-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post
DLT
I was tempted to use a hpt tonight just to see what a positive looks like, but i resisted!!! Our first IUI is tomorrow at 12:30. :
Good luck Blue!!!!
Yes you get positives on the HPT after the trigger. I did for six days after the shot. And I couldn't resist the temptation after the trigger shot, so I now know what a pos looks like. It just brought me down when after a few days it was BFN, so don't do it! Resistance isn't always futile!

Here's sticky thoughts on tomorrows IUI!

: :
#75 of 147 Old 08-17-2008, 11:50 PM
DLT

Cori, were you taking any injections or supps after the trigger and IUI?

I know I won't be able to test until about 5 days after the last pregnyl injection.
#76 of 147 Old 08-18-2008, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT View Post
Cori, were you taking any injections or supps after the trigger and IUI?

I know I won't be able to test until about 5 days after the last pregnyl injection.
Just progesterone suppositories. I'm off to get a blood test!

Temps still very high!
#77 of 147 Old 08-18-2008, 04:45 PM

First IUI complete!!!! So i lay here as i am typing with my butt on a pillow that is folded over once and i so need to pee really bad, but i don't want to, in fear i might lose some swimmers. So everything went well, but i guess it is suppose to only take 5-10 mins and then you are suppose to lay for 10mins, but it took 2 nurses and then finally the dr. to come in after a half hour of trying to get the little catheter to go through my cervix. that was the only thing that was painful b/c the first nurse kept trying and she said "oh let me try again" like 3 times and then went out to call the dr in and another nurse said "i'll try" so she did like 3-4 times and then finally the dr was paged and came in and got it. so it took like a half hour and then i laid there for 10mins. It was cute, DH was so proud of his #'s !!! he said he had a little talk with those guys (a pep talk) beforehand. haha. I was nice and calm the whole time and just tried to relax too. i figured me getting tense would only make it harder. once they got through the cervix i just felt a little cramping, but not too bad. kinda like the hsg cramping i had so that was good. i hope my cervix closed up as tight after the injected as before so the swimmers will stay in there. They said i had good cervical mucus so that is good timing. DH had like 17.5 mil swimmers and the motility was 84% after they washed them. i guess it was like 47% before the wash so that is good that it improved. I think those numbers are good, but since this is my first time i'm kinda clueless, so now we just hope and pray they find the egg/eggs and implant. she said to take a hpt on Sept 2nd. i haven't decided if i will try some before just to see when the hcg shot is out of my body, we will see. i have a bunch of the $ store tests upstairs now. i might hold off though or at least try to hold off. so i'm not doing anything today and just laying around relaxing. thanks so much everyone for all of your thoughts and wishes. : for a speedy tww!!!!!! how is everyone else doing? Seems like after last month this thread has bee a little quiet. to everyone!!!!

#78 of 147 Old 08-19-2008, 03:05 PM
soc

Hey blueyezz4... cycle buddy! Great to hear that you get the IUI done. Hopefully them little swimming guys will find your cosy egg(s).
::

Well, having gone for a scan yesterday (CD12) - my lining apparently looked 'good' (I think it was 10mm), and I had 2 good sized follicles (19mm, 15mm), both on my RHS.
So, I was instructed to take the HCG injection this morning (CD13) at 6am, and have my IUI with DH sperm tomorrow (CD14) :
I was so anxious about taking the injection this morning, I didn't end up sleeping very well!

So, this is it... my first IUI tomorrow... I'm nervous & excited.
I hope with all my heart that we will achieve success with this IUI. Wish me luck! :
#79 of 147 Old 08-19-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Here's a question:
After you give yourself the trigger shot will you continue to get positive OPK as well as hpt until the hcg is out of your body???? I think i read somewhere that you can use an OPK as a hpt? Is that true or did I make it up??
peeonastick.com has a great explanation of why you can use an OPK as a HPT. Not sure how reliable it is, though. It seems like a "just for fun" sort of thing.

I'm one week into the tww. Relatively calm so far.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#80 of 147 Old 08-19-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soc View Post
Hey blueyezz4... cycle buddy! Great to hear that you get the IUI done. Hopefully them little swimming guys will find your cosy egg(s).
::

Well, having gone for a scan yesterday (CD12) - my lining apparently looked 'good' (I think it was 10mm), and I had 2 good sized follicles (19mm, 15mm), both on my RHS.
So, I was instructed to take the HCG injection this morning (CD13) at 6am, and have my IUI with DH sperm tomorrow (CD14) :
I was so anxious about taking the injection this morning, I didn't end up sleeping very well!

So, this is it... my first IUI tomorrow... I'm nervous & excited.
I hope with all my heart that we will achieve success with this IUI. Wish me luck! :
Soc - Good to hear from you cycle buddy!!! I have been stalking your chart over the past couple of days, keeping tabs on you!!! Good luck tomorrow!!! I will be thinking about you and sending good vibes that it all goes well. !!!!!! I'm sure you will do fine. I just hope your cervix is more relaxed than mine and it doesn't take a beating like mine did yesterday. Last night and today I've felt just a little crampy, but not bad. I just broke down and took a hpt just to see if that hormone showed up and it did. My body has always had weird thing happening to it so i was just thinking "watch i'll take it and there won't be anything there" but it was there. My first time ever getting a BFP, but I can't get excited, that has to wait. Good luck again. What time is your IUI? Be sure to let us know how it goes!!!! :::

#81 of 147 Old 08-19-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
peeonastick.com has a great explanation of why you can use an OPK as a HPT. Not sure how reliable it is, though. It seems like a "just for fun" sort of thing.

I'm one week into the tww. Relatively calm so far.
Songbird - thanks for that link!!! I did look at it and you are right, it is a good explanation. Thanks, that helped. As i said above, i broke down and took a test (hpt) this afternoon and got a BFP, but i know it is a false positive. I just hope it stays positive for a long long time!!!! Thanks again.

#82 of 147 Old 08-19-2008, 11:34 PM

Hi girls.... First time posting here. I'm onto my first IUI after over a year of trying. May I ask you a question?

For those doing an IUI without a trigger - do you get it done on the day before you ovulate? Or the day of? My doctor said I'd be coming in the day after my first positive OPK, but I'm worried it would be too late, or too borderline. What do you think?
#83 of 147 Old 08-20-2008, 04:38 PM

Jazcat- The day after LH surge is standard. It takes 12-36 hours after LH surge to ovulate, So, the 24 hr mark is what is used. Your egg can live up to 12-24 hours, and sperm for IUI usually lives about 8 hours post wash in your uterus. Its like throwing a dart at a balloon. Many variables. The success with well timed IUI's are nearly the same as well timed intercourse. Which makes me wonder why the human race is as profilic as it is (for some).

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#84 of 147 Old 08-20-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazcat View Post
Hi girls.... First time posting here. I'm onto my first IUI after over a year of trying. May I ask you a question?

For those doing an IUI without a trigger - do you get it done on the day before you ovulate? Or the day of? My doctor said I'd be coming in the day after my first positive OPK, but I'm worried it would be too late, or too borderline. What do you think?
jazcat - I know the first time a RE spoke with me about doing an IUI without a trigger (or any medicine actually) I was suppose to wait for a pos OPK and then call the office for them to schedule the IUI like the next day. I wonder why they wouldn't be monitoring you especially since you are on clomid??? I know with my first cycle of clomid (100mg a day last month) I was glad they were monitoring (Ultrasound) me b/c it ended up thinning my lining too much, so if we would have done the IUI it would have been such a waste of money since your lining is suppose to be like at 7 or higher to have it thick enough for the egg to be able to implant. I also have read that once you get a pos. OPK it could take up to 24-36 hrs to actually Ovulate. Hope that helps. Good luck to you!!!

#85 of 147 Old 08-21-2008, 03:07 PM

natrualmom - Sperm live only 8 hours in the uterus post IUI? Where did you hear that? If that's true, no wonder IUI stats are so low per cycle.

blueeyez - Interesting about your lining. I was monitored on 50mg of Clomid the first time I took it and everything looked ok. This is my 4th cycle, total, not consecutive. Never gone above 50mg.

The way I'm seeing this timing thing, I read a study where none of the participants got pregnant if the only time they had sex was AFTER they ovulated. In other words, the sperm need to be waiting there before the egg pops out.

So getting it close, before ovulation is optimal. Doing it a day before ovulation might be ok (or maybe not if the sperm only live 8 hours!). But doing it after ovulation would be a waste.

Any thoughts?
#86 of 147 Old 08-21-2008, 07:06 PM

Jazcat- My RE and OB says the sperm only live about 8 hr inside the uterus. Mind you, this is washed frozen sperm. If you had intercourse or ICI (intracervical insemination) with fresh sperm, they can live up to 5 days (at the latest) in your cervical mucus outside the uterus, and swim up whenever. The rational for IUI after LH surge is because after the surge, you ovulate 24-36 hour after. So lets say at 10:00 Thursday morning, your LH surges, and you have a pos OPK. Friday morning, 9-10:00, you have your IUI. Your egg could be released anywhere aroung that time, sperm hanging out, waiting. Thats the theory.
We use Letrazole (same idea as clomid, a bit different) for ovulation induction). Then we look for a dominate follicle via ultrasound on the 10th cycle day. If we see it , I take a trigger shot, with IUI 36 hrs after. The trigger shot is suppose to trigger ovulation 36 hrs later. Then the timing should be more refined.
There are so many vairables with assisted reproduction, as well as natrual reproduction, its amazing there are so many of us running aroung.
Hope I could help you

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#87 of 147 Old 08-21-2008, 08:04 PM

I wonder why washing the sperm would reduce their longevity by so much. Interesting. They must be feeling pretty darn dizzy after a good washing

There have been a few occassions that I ovulated on the same day (or before I took my temp the next morning) as the first positive OPK. That is why I'm nervous about missing it. I guess if we miss it, we miss it. Better to increase the odds as much as possible.

Another question for anyone - does your OB do an ultrasound to check your follicles before doing the IUI? Would you even be able to see on an u/s if you already ovulated or not?
#88 of 147 Old 08-21-2008, 11:01 PM

I would love if my OB would do an U/S before the IUI, but they don't. Have you heard of this? The one thing my OB did say if they did the U/S for follicle study, they can tell if ovulation occured by the shape of the follicle.

I think the sperm die off so soon is because the semen is removed, and the semen contains nutients for the sperm to live off of while hanging out in the cervical mucus. The cervical mucus itself is an enviroment the sperm get nutrients from as well. And yes, they are probobly dizzy and disoriented too hahaha

#89 of 147 Old 08-21-2008, 11:42 PM

Jazcat - We had our first IUI this past Monday and when they did the wash it actually increased our swimmers motility which I thought was kinda weird b/c you would think it would do the opposite. Went from like 48% motility to like 75% so who knows.

So has anyone had an increase in your temps after doing a trigger shot? My temps seem higher than normal and even higher than they were last cycle on 100mg of clomid (no trigger shot or IUI), this month was only 50mgs with trigger and IUI. Don't want to get my hopes up so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has experienced it.

#90 of 147 Old 08-22-2008, 02:25 PM

Very exciting! How did it go? How do you feel about it? When are you testing?

I'm thinking Monday or Tuesday will be our big day. My main concern is that DH spent a few hours in the very very hot springs several weeks ago. I guess if they take a look and it's not worth doing they'll let me know.

Quote:
Jazcat - We had our first IUI this past Monday and when they did the wash it actually increased our swimmers motility which I thought was kinda weird b/c you would think it would do the opposite. Went from like 48% motility to like 75% so who knows.

So has anyone had an increase in your temps after doing a trigger shot? My temps seem higher than normal and even higher than they were last cycle on 100mg of clomid (no trigger shot or IUI), this month was only 50mgs with trigger and IUI. Don't want to get my hopes up so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has experienced it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page