August IUIs - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 147 Old 07-28-2008, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I start this? I am on CD6 and should have IUI on or about August 5th. Anyone else having one 1st week of August. I'm on day 4 of clomid - let's pray for lots of follicles!!
#2 of 147 Old 07-28-2008, 06:02 PM

I'm in Cori. Thanks for the new thread! CD3 today. I am doing lots of natural/TCM therapies vs. fert. drugs that don't work so well for me and then we have an IUI sometime next week I'm guessing.
Gals from the July IUI thread might remember our last IUI resulted in very weird low s. count issues. After extensively investigating this and doing a repeat SA, DH's #s are over 100 mil again. We have no idea what happened, but perhaps the tech. who washed his sample screwed up. Praying that does not happen again, else what am I paying the $500 for?
I'm having what feels like a healthy AF and I just stopped teaching last Friday after an 11 yr. teaching career! DH is going to Michigan in 2 weeks and I will stay in SF to keep trying to sell our darn house...may freeze some swimmers to try while we're apart in case this cycle isn't the one. Anyone know how much it costs to freeze sperm for a month?

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#3 of 147 Old 07-28-2008, 07:11 PM

I think I'm in...but I am doing one cycle au naturale first. We were going to be starting injectables this cycle but I'm in a wedding halfway across the country and given my history of overstimulation, it's too risky to do injectables without daily monitoring. So, it's OPKs and timed bd'ing for us in August.

Funny that you mention TCM, Jennifer. I JUST made an appointment with an acupuncturist for this Thursday. I also made an appointment with a chiropractor...it totally dawned on me the other day that the thing we did differently the cycle I conceived DS was chiropractic care. I'm really excited. Hope it's the magic bullet for us!

So, I'm med-free and feeling great!

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
#4 of 147 Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 PM

Leah, It's such a relief to be med-free after those frustrating months on them, eh? Happy healthy au naturale vibes to us both (so much easier to "find center" this way) and let me know how it goes with the acup. It's my saving grace at this point.

#5 of 147 Old 07-28-2008, 11:24 PM

Here I am again!!!!! I'm on CD 15 right now (think I Ovulated early or not at all) and I'm hoping for a BFP with just the use of clomid after not being able to do my IUI due to lining at 3. So it looks like my first IUI : will be the second to last or last week in Aug. (hopefully earlier since my DH is suppose to be out of town that weekend). to all of you!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#6 of 147 Old 07-29-2008, 01:22 PM

I think I'm in, for later in August! Just had the first meeting with the Fertility Dr. yesterday, and will have another meeting on Fri with the local doc who will be doing the monitoring. And waiting on tests to decide on IUI vs. a cycle or two of natural. They're putting me on Letrozole - anyone use this? Advice?
#7 of 147 Old 07-30-2008, 02:43 PM
soc

Hello Ladies...

First-timer here! When AF arrives next week (I'm currently 7DPO), I'll be starting my IUI journey with injections... I'm nervous about the injections but excited at the prospect that they might actually get the baby-making process to finally work for DH & I!

Goodluck to everyone else for this month!
#8 of 147 Old 07-30-2008, 02:55 PM

Hello All,

I am new to the site, and to the pregnancy area. Although I am over 40, I never got pregnant. This month, I decided to try using fertility drugs (Follistim) with IUI. I tested today (2 weeks after) and got a negative, as some of you say BFN. I am seeing my doc on Friday....... Presently, it’s like the end of the world for me. I never tried to get pregnant before, and now that I tried, I failed. I'm am scheduled to start taking injections again on Friday August 1.

Shari
#9 of 147 Old 07-30-2008, 03:15 PM

Isaberg- Hello, just finished my 5 day course of letrzol, and will do follicle studies starting Friday (CD10). Letrazol is suppose to not increase chances of multiples or thin your uterine lining. This is my first medicated IUI, (last months unmedicated failed). I have tolerated this med well. Hope you do as well! I see from your location you are from Minnesota. So am I.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#10 of 147 Old 08-01-2008, 01:07 PM

Here we go!!! I've been taking clomid for 6 months and today is first u/s - hoping for lots of folliciles! - dh had vas reversal in Jan and has low counts. Hopefully will get to trigger tonight (I'm on CD14). Crossing my fingers for a bunch of BFP from this group this month!

First IUI around Sunday...
#11 of 147 Old 08-01-2008, 03:19 PM

Mama-Lisa- Right with you on Sunday! Had my (fun) U/S today; will have trigger shot tonight, IUI on Sunday. Good Luck to all.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#12 of 147 Old 08-01-2008, 03:26 PM

I may be any time from Sun-Wed, so I'm right there with y'all.

#13 of 147 Old 08-01-2008, 04:45 PM

I'm cheering everyone on this month!

We probably won't be doing another IUI until early sept.

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#14 of 147 Old 08-01-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharibollers View Post
Hello All,

I am new to the site, and to the pregnancy area. Although I am over 40, I never got pregnant. This month, I decided to try using fertility drugs (Follistim) with IUI. I tested today (2 weeks after) and got a negative, as some of you say BFN. I am seeing my doc on Friday....... Presently, it’s like the end of the world for me. I never tried to get pregnant before, and now that I tried, I failed. I'm am scheduled to start taking injections again on Friday August 1.

Shari
First:

You've only tried once, and in this trip, there is no thing such as failure. I've just gone through my first IUI and it didn't take. And this is for my first. (I'm very close to 40). I'm going to regroup and try again.
#15 of 147 Old 08-01-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Mama-Lisa- Right with you on Sunday! Had my (fun) U/S today; will have trigger shot tonight, IUI on Sunday. Good Luck to all.
How did u/s go. I had three good eggs, and two little ones with clomid. Going to trigger tonight....eeek. Shots are a little freaky....IUI Sunday am! Good luck and baby dust to you natrualmom. Are you bd tonight or waiting until Sun. My RE said either....think we are waiting!
#16 of 147 Old 08-02-2008, 12:03 PM

Mama-Lisa Had one big follicle, two small ones. We used letrazol instead of clomid. Survived the trigger shot; did you? We are waiting for Sunday IUI. If we bd, it won't help because dh is anejaculatory. Baby dust back to you. Maybe if we keep sending it to eachother, things will stick!:

#17 of 147 Old 08-02-2008, 12:14 PM

Morning all-

naturalmom - ouch! That trigger shot hurt! Not so much going in, but the sight is still really sore this am. I feel really tired too. (anything to do with shot?)
#18 of 147 Old 08-02-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Mama-Lisa Had one big follicle, two small ones. We used letrazol instead of clomid. Survived the trigger shot; did you? We are waiting for Sunday IUI. If we bd, it won't help because dh is anejaculatory. Baby dust back to you. Maybe if we keep sending it to eachother, things will stick!:
I was just wondering, is letrazpol the same as Femara??? I'm thinking of calling my RE once AF shows up (hopefully she won't) and I'm going to maybe ask if I could switch to that instead of Clomid since it thinned my lining too much when I took it this last month. They just want me to drop down to 50mg instead of 100mg this coming cycle, but I don't want to screw up another cycle again b/c of a thin lining. Good luck to you on Sunday with your IUI. : for a BFP this month!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#19 of 147 Old 08-02-2008, 09:03 PM

i'm STILL in the tww... chart looks good though, imo
#20 of 147 Old 08-02-2008, 09:05 PM

I've decided to not go this month. I'm going to keep charting so I can get a better idea of the cycle / temp thing, and then maybe try in September or October.
Also, my parents are visiting in September, and I really don't need that stress on top of a two week wait.

So, I'll play cheerleader, and check in here every once in awhile.
#21 of 147 Old 08-02-2008, 10:56 PM

blueyezz4- Letrazol is Femara, and it may be worth the call to the RE about it. Its not suppose to thin the lining.
Angi It sounds like you made a good choice for yourself. Its hard to wait, but hard to be stressed, too
Mama-Lisa Yes! The shot site hurts alot more today! Worth it though!. As for tired, maybe its the shot.

#22 of 147 Old 08-03-2008, 05:19 AM
DLT

hi ladies, I'm back with you for this month. It's our 3rd iui cycle with injections. Here's hoping this one works otherwise I think doc will move me to off. I'm on CD8 today so iui probably in about 10 days time. Baby dust to you all.
#23 of 147 Old 08-03-2008, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Hi All. I started this thread and have been sort of out of the loop this past week. My 2nd IUI will be sometime this week - probably tues or wed. I'm going in for blood work and sonogram tomorrow. On Friday they put me on the estradiol patch. Has anyone had this before? My lining too was thin from clomid. It's like one drug leads you to another and so on and so on and so on. Last cycle this did not happen? Oy! Anyway, I'm trying to be hopeful as last month was such a disappointment.

I'm wishing everyone good luck this week!!!
#24 of 147 Old 08-03-2008, 07:13 PM

Hi girls! I'm out of commission this cycle, so no IUI for me, but I wanted to say hi and wish you all the best in your IUIs! :

I just had a polyp removed and so my lining is all screwed up, plus my cervix is dilated from the procedure to I'm not allowed to have sex for a week anyway. So there goes my cycle!

Sounds like there is a lot going on, and some new meds around here. I hope they do the trick! Good luck to everyone!!
#25 of 147 Old 08-03-2008, 09:03 PM

Hi everyone! Last cycle I had a surprise IUI - we thought we'd be bd'ing and we weren't even sure the Femara (letrazol) would work. But it worked - I ovulated for the first time since March! They did a postcoital test and said that I should do an IUI. We did (bfn), so I guess we're here again for August. I'm generally optimistic - we finally have something that makes me ovulate, and it doesn't have the crazy side effects that Clomid had.

Good luck to all, I'll be poking my head in here from time to time.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#26 of 147 Old 08-03-2008, 09:41 PM

Hello all! Did first IUI today, and dh counts were 208 million to start and down to 27.8 after wash...are these still okay numbers? Seems to have dropped a huge amount after wash! Good luck to you all (especially those in the 2ww!)
#27 of 147 Old 08-03-2008, 10:23 PM
DLT

mama-lisa, 27mil count is great. The number will hugely decrease after washing as the ones that they use are all the strong sperm. Good luck and hope your 2WW isn't too long!

songbird45, what great news!! Always nice to have good surprises, hope you get another surprise in a couple of weeks time.

I went for my first blood test this morning for cycle tracking to see how the injections are doing. I'm sure I'll be back there later this week for another one. I'm on CD9 today.
#28 of 147 Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 AM

I'm living in China and am embarking on a Fertility Treatment journey with an expat clinic. Took Clomiphene last week but ultrasound showed thin uterine lining. We need to wait till next month to try Letrozole. Feeling less alone after reading all the messages here...The journey to get this far has been a long long one between Shanghai & Hong Kong doctors and an incorrect diagnosis of endrometriosis which resulted in a laparoscopy in HK. How weird is my life???
Good luck to all the ladies with IUI's this month - I should have been among you but hopefully will get my chance next month. Good Health
#29 of 147 Old 08-04-2008, 10:26 AM

Lou-Lou, one of the things I've learned here is that IF is SUPER common. If you don't know anyone else who's dealt with it, it's probably only because they haven't told you.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#30 of 147 Old 08-04-2008, 03:23 PM

Since this is the IUI thread, I'm posting this question here as I assume this thread is being read by people who have had (or at least plan to have IUIs).

I have had four IUIs so far. The first three were a bit "uncomfortable." I had some combination of pain, nausea, and cramping with the first three. During the first IUI, the wave of intense nausea and cramping that hit nearly took my breath away.

So I had a laparaoscopy during the first part of the cycle with IUI #4. Due to the timing I was able to still due an IUI. A lot of stuff was "fixed" during my lap (adhesions and endometriosis).

IUI #4 was a completely different experience. The catheter insertion was very quick and the procedure was completely free of nausea, pain, and cramping. I really almost don't believe that the doctor did the IUI (it was that quick and I didn't even feel the catheter go in).

My question is---Are IUIs supposed to be painless and free of discomfort? I thought the cramps and discomfort were the norm.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page