The AUGUST Infertility One Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 182 Old 08-24-2008, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
temp drop this morning. most likely we'll have a drop to the coverline tomorrow and AF.

I'm so tired of this.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#122 of 182 Old 08-24-2008, 09:56 AM

......Songbird

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#123 of 182 Old 08-24-2008, 10:34 AM

so sorry Songbird and Lola This is so hard, isn't it. We are here for you.
#124 of 182 Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

...and, that's it. CD1.

I want to blame somebody. Someone please give me a scapegoat.

#125 of 182 Old 08-25-2008, 11:52 AM

We made it through the storm. Actually it was a nice little break. We were off school/work on wednesday and thursday for the storm. But since it stalled south of us, the weather wasn't too bad, just light rain. Finally it hit on thursday night and friday. So we ended up with almost 5 days off. Kidzilla will have to make them up though, the build in weather days in the school schedule. Friday was the worst of the storm. Of course we did all those stupid things that they tell you not to do- went to the beach and got sandblasted by 60mph gusts blowing sand (ouch) and drove through big puddles in hubby's big, heavy car (hey- is that water on the floorboards?). Power was out for about 7 hours on friday.

Today is CD 13 and I had my morning ultrasound. Lining is looking good and I've got 3 follies amped up. We are giving them a few more days to cook and if I don't get a pos OPK by thursday, they will give me a trigger.

We've decided that this will be our last attempt for a while. The grad program I'm looking at is is pretty structured for the first year and it would be hard to take time off for a baby. So we'll put it on hold and start trying again a year from now. Or even better, I'll go off to school with a 3 month old baby. I'm nervous because I'll be single parenting much of the time; when DH goes back to work next spring he'll be based in Newark, NJ and I'll be in FL still. But I know we can do this.

Good luck everyone!

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#126 of 182 Old 08-25-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
...and, that's it. CD1.

I want to blame somebody. Someone please give me a scapegoat.
You can blame my MIL. Often, she is who I blame for no good reason

EastbayK: I am beginning grad school next week. We only have a couple more tries and then I have to put things on hold until next year.....at least. It's scary when we put ourselves on a deadline, but at the same time the reality of life is that if I need to look out for what's better for myself and my family as a whole. Going to grad school now is what is going to help me in and my family in the long run. All my fingers and toes crossed for you and me that we are blessed with a baby THIS cycle!!!!!

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#127 of 182 Old 08-25-2008, 01:42 PM

Songbird.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#128 of 182 Old 08-25-2008, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
You can blame my MIL. Often, she is who I blame for no good reason
Thanks!! Everyone, I am grumpy, and it's CD1, and we're moving onto month TWENTY-ONE of TTC, and it's all gumby's MIL's fault!!!!

#129 of 182 Old 08-25-2008, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just wanted to check in here.
Sorry to all who got AF
to Songbird
and hope to all of us!

I did read the last 2 pages so I am a bit in the loop:
I was on the ttc board but it seems lately that it is all new names, while most of the lucky others have moved on to prgnancy-
So I thought I would visit over here.

I guess this is about our 10h or 11th cycle ( 12 month ) of ttc #1.

I have been having this pain- dicomfort in my lower right ovary area since April- but I still don't know what it is!
I see a wonderful TCM doctor and he said cyst. It took me like 3 or monthsto get the sourage up to do the u/s ( which ended up being not bad) and the u/s revealed that I had some small follicles on the ovaries but nothing big tha would cause me pain. The gyno said he didn't think the pain was reproductive system related.

But I think doctors can be wrong a lot.
But anyway- I happened to ovulate just before the u/s- I think- but I wasn't charting this cycle but did get a +opk the day before- whatever, but TCM doc had said to stop ttc for a while to heal the "cyst".
BTW I really trust and respect the tcm doc.

SO we didn't dtd until maybe 1 dpo.
Who knows.
So I am here on CD34 yet I still tested- negatve of course.
Basically waiting for AF so we can try for next cycle.

Still unsure what the heck is up with my body.
Gyno said the follicles on the ovaries ( 4 or so on each ) were small ( quite smaller than 1cm each) but maybe ddn' look like they had matured or released?

So I have some wonder if I am ovulating- but I do get the +opks and temp changes.

phew. RAMBLING but I guess I needed to Process!

ANyway- my thing right now is more to try to strengthen my whole system with TCM herbs I am doing, and also hoping that whatever the heck I have that hurts near my ovary os not somehthing bad.
No one can seem to tell me what it is.

SO we will try again to conceive next cycle which ovulation ( if it happens ) is about 24 days from now!
So I must do other things for awhile.
#130 of 182 Old 08-25-2008, 08:06 PM

Hi,

After five failed IUI's I'm starting my first IVF cycle with Luperon supression on August 30th. I've been reading threads for a while but this is my first time joining in...so not sure I am starting in the right place.

Anyone else starting a cycle late Aug / early September? Or does anyone have any insight about the differences between and IUI and an IVF Cycles?

Thanks
#131 of 182 Old 08-25-2008, 08:37 PM

jasminewb, I hope your IVF is a piece of cake! welcome to our group, I hope you find info and support here. I am about a month behind you, on my 5th IUI with not much hope, really just killing time until we get in to the IVF schedule. I would go and join the august IVF thread, they will let you know what to expect (I've been lurking there since it started).

Kim, glad to hear you guys are okay. I was a little worried we hadn't heard from you! Sounds like you had an adventure with the sand and the beach and the driving in puddles! I could do without the power outage though. Those are soooo un-fun. We get them here in the midwest from big summer storms (and winter ice-storms) and it gets so darn hot without a/c or fans.

I really hope your cycle gives you your long-deserved bfp... it's so hard with the timing of life and baby... we thought we had it all figured out with timing but then, shoot, we didn't get pregnant! Now I don't care so much about timing, just whether or not it will eventually work.

Katie, hope you are still hanging in there. I know what you mean about the skipped cycles - we dtd 3-4 days after O last cycle, since we had to sit that one out due to my polyp removal, but I still had that sneaking thought in the back of my head, maybe my temps were wrong, maybe our timing was okay and I'm pregnant... It's hard to let it go.

I really think they would have seen your cyst on the u/s if there was one. How does your tcm person know you have a cyst? what did the RE say the pain was from? or is that still undiagnosed?

gumby and kim, I'm planning (was planning) to become a mom during grad school. It's not impossible, I have friends who have done it. I know it may not be ideal, and that every grad program is different, but it's not that school and motherhood are mutually exclusive. I don't want to sound like I'm criticizing, just hopefully encouraging you guys to keep on trying even if it seems like it'd be bad timing... for me, I feel like by the time I finally become a mom, I'll be long done with grad school and training... I hope it's sooner than that!

songbird45, you can blame the blonde guy who sneaks into our house and leaves messes. My husband always blames him, so you should too! He seems like a real jerk. And never stays around to introduce himself. How rude!

Lola, what happened today with the bw? hope your hanging in there.

I'm feeling kind of dejected. I have also gotten used to drinking again (with the last cycle off), so I think it might be hard to stop when I do the IUI next week... here I am sounding like an alcoholic! But it does help me relax to have a glass of wine or beer with dinner... I'm writing this with a nice glass of red in me! Plus DH is on call so I'm alone tonight, feeling sorry for myself. It does help to read a little pregnant (the blog) - I'm going through the archives. I know she ends up with kids (don't know how) but I'm still on her 4th IVF cycle (after 2 m/c and 1 failed), and it's hilarious and sad and makes me feel like part of a sisterhood of infertile women. I highly recommend it (though caution that it is pretty depressing when the IVFs fail or she has a m/c), and start at the beginning - go back to the archives.

wow this got long. take care girls, and see you tomorrow.
#132 of 182 Old 08-25-2008, 08:46 PM

Hey everyone......no word on the bW yet, should hear something by tomorrow. songbird, I totally understand how you feel right now. We are going on our third year of ttc, and there are many days when I think to myself that I am just chasing this elusive dream........but then dh or my mom or a friend will encourage me to have faith....it will happen when it is supposed to.

I will let y'all know when I hear back on bw.

Hang in there!!!!!!!!!
#133 of 182 Old 08-26-2008, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola88 View Post
We are going on our third year of ttc, and there are many days when I think to myself that I am just chasing this elusive dream
We are in the same place. Never seen a BFP (only on OPKs and FM sticks)

I gotta try and NOT give up :

Thanks for inspiring me tonight.
#134 of 182 Old 08-26-2008, 10:12 AM

Gumby and Bio- I think and have heard that becoming a parent during grad school is a great time. I know that going through my undergrad program, I had way more free time than I do now, and I was involved in all kinds of activities in addition to keeping my grades up. I always felt that I could have handled school and parenting or school and working part time (what I did), but not all three.

My hang up this time is that I'd be going basically as a single parent to a school ager and a newborn. Hubby will be splitting his time between flying for the airline and doing contract work here in Jax, to support me during school. School will be about 2 hours away from our current home. I know I could do it, with flair, with my son in tow, but I'm not sure how many transitions I want to attempt at one time. But if it were an "opps, it just happened" I know we would find a way to deal with it.

The first semester is pretty fixed, but then after that, it's flexible, so that I could take some time off if I needed. So we're thinking, stop TTC now, so that I can make it through the first semester and then pick up again to deliver when I've got more flexibility. But we're done with the drugs and IUI's for the time being. We concieved without help previously and we have no identifiable issues, so I have faith it will happen again.

Thoughts?

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#135 of 182 Old 08-26-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastbayK View Post
Gumby and Bio- I think and have heard that becoming a parent during grad school is a great time. I know that going through my undergrad program, I had way more free time than I do now, and I was involved in all kinds of activities in addition to keeping my grades up. I always felt that I could have handled school and parenting or school and working part time (what I did), but not all three.

My hang up this time is that I'd be going basically as a single parent to a school ager and a newborn. Hubby will be splitting his time between flying for the airline and doing contract work here in Jax, to support me during school. School will be about 2 hours away from our current home. I know I could do it, with flair, with my son in tow, but I'm not sure how many transitions I want to attempt at one time. But if it were an "opps, it just happened" I know we would find a way to deal with it.

The first semester is pretty fixed, but then after that, it's flexible, so that I could take some time off if I needed. So we're thinking, stop TTC now, so that I can make it through the first semester and then pick up again to deliver when I've got more flexibility. But we're done with the drugs and IUI's for the time being. We concieved without help previously and we have no identifiable issues, so I have faith it will happen again.

Thoughts?

Kim
Kim, I agree that two hours is a long time for an infant to be in the car, not to mention the transitions of going one place and another and then going back home again. I'm not sure I could handle it either. The fact that you were able to conceive your son w/o any intervention is encouraging as well. Maybe when your mind is focused on other things, conceiving will come more naturally? In either case, best of luck to you!
P.S. I just have to say that everytime I see "eastbay" I think of a store that was here in Wisconsin that sold lots of sports equipment when I was in H.S. It was everyone's favorite place to go shopping at. How's that for random?

#136 of 182 Old 08-26-2008, 12:41 PM

Gumby- the name came about because I used to live in the East Bay of the San Francisco. At least the name has positive connotations for you

Me and the kids would be moving 2 hours away to live near school. There is no way I could handle that kind of commute, my behavior would be worse than Kidzilla's if I had to do that every day.

Thanks for the input!

Kim

#137 of 182 Old 08-26-2008, 01:11 PM

Just back from kinder orientation for DD. Tomorrow will be 1st full day of school. It will be rough for me... she can't wait. I am also 3 yrs in TTC, but keep reminding myself that actually this is the first month that TTC might actually work. With all the work I had done during my lap, my dr says I have a chance of getting preg (not a chance in hell before lap). Feels like I wasted 3 yrs....but everything happens for a reason. On the positive note... I got bit by the cleaning bug... my house will be spotless soon!! Gotta do something with all this free time I am going to have!! Tomorrow is basement day... wish me luck, it is a jungle down there!! lol
#138 of 182 Old 08-26-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post
Just back from kinder orientation for DD. Tomorrow will be 1st full day of school. It will be rough for me... she can't wait. I am also 3 yrs in TTC, but keep reminding myself that actually this is the first month that TTC might actually work. With all the work I had done during my lap, my dr says I have a chance of getting preg (not a chance in hell before lap). Feels like I wasted 3 yrs....but everything happens for a reason. On the positive note... I got bit by the cleaning bug... my house will be spotless soon!! Gotta do something with all this free time I am going to have!! Tomorrow is basement day... wish me luck, it is a jungle down there!! lol

If it were me, I would also consider this the first cycle as well. You have a lot to be optimisitc about. Good luck with your daughter's first day of school.......I can't even begin to imagine what I am going to be like when that happens.

#139 of 182 Old 08-27-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held View Post
We are in the same place. Never seen a BFP (only on OPKs and FM sticks)

I gotta try and NOT give up :

Thanks for inspiring me tonight.
Hey Everyone.......got the bw back. My hormone levels show that I am at ovulation now, which means that WAS af, just not like any I've ever had before. I guess the clomid messed it all up. It's too late for us to do clomid this cycle, so we are now in the midst of trying "the good ol' fashioned" way!! Wouldn't that be somethin' if this was the month ! lol. So, we will proceed with plan B and start clomid w/ IUI next cycle. Held, it's great to talk to someone who is on the same # of years as me and still trying........that gives ME hope!!

crystal mommoy- I work in an elementary school, and the kinder moms always cry more than the little ones!

Peace and Good Luck to all.....here we go again!!
#140 of 182 Old 08-28-2008, 12:31 AM

Lola I am sorry it's a long road for you We'll get there!
So glad everythig came back good! Who knows, perhaps you can do this without Clomid and IUI?? Wouldn't that be something for the drs
#141 of 182 Old 08-28-2008, 04:41 PM

Hello to all! Went and had my progesterone level checked on 7DPO. Does anyone know if they are able to tell if I am PG or not by my level? Just curious? I also noticed some brown spotting today, which probably isn't a good thing.

#142 of 182 Old 08-28-2008, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

they can't tell by your progesterone level. sorry!

Spotting at 7dpo also means nothing at all.

#143 of 182 Old 08-28-2008, 08:16 PM

Kim, sounds like your life is complicated! A lot of logistics. But also sounds like you have a good plan.

I'm so out of the TTC mindset after the month off, I forgot to use my fertility monitor today! I missed the window to test, so I had to use a regular OPK. Oops! It was negative anyway, as expected on CD10. My IUIs will likely be Mon/Tues.

ok, got to go eat dinner! DH is cooking pork chops.
How is everyone?
#144 of 182 Old 08-28-2008, 10:33 PM

Hello all! I hope everyone is doing well.

So so here. Gotta love the 2ww :roll LOL Friday week is when I'll expect my period, then again she may come early just to tease me
#145 of 182 Old 08-29-2008, 10:05 AM

Hi Everyone,

I just read several pages of posts and am all caught up with everyone. I wish there was some good news around here!

I am sitting on the fence of optimism. Today is CD 28 for me. My longest cycle ever was 29 days, though I haven't had one over 26 days for quite a few months. Of course this is the month I am not charting my temps! But really I don't think I ovulated after CD 14, as my CM started out fertile that morning and dried up through out the day. I have had an LP of 12-13 days usually. I was expecting AF yesterday, but I guess I can't really say I am late until Sunday. Anyway, I haven't even thought about testing for months. I have one test in the bathroom that I am determined will be the positive test. (Save it until my water breaks?) Anyway I can't even believe I am letting myself even have these thoughts...

I hope everyone has a nice weekend!
#146 of 182 Old 08-29-2008, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

updated to here

blueRhino, good luck! It's so, so, so hard not to get your hopes up when you see signs.

jasminewb - Welcome!!! And, good luck with the lupron tomorrow! I hope everything goes very smoothly and you get the babies you want! I've had two failed IUI's and I was thinking "I don't know how much longer I can do this" ... Five must have been totally heartbreaking. I really hope this is the end of the journey for you.

Everyone: I'm going out of town this weekend and won't be able to start up the September thread. I won't be back until Friday. Is there anyone who can take it over?

#147 of 182 Old 08-29-2008, 11:16 AM

AARRRGGGHHH! Today it's been one thing after another. Took my temp this morning at 5:30am but forgot to read the number after I turned the lights on. So have to wait until this evening to find out if I had a rise or not. Then, we rushed and hurried out the door to make it to the RE by 7am to do the IUI. Appearently, they booked EVERYBODY to be there at 7am b/c I didn't get my IUI until 9:15!!! I had specifically made an early appointment so I wouldn't be so late to work and Kidzilla would make it to school on time. Nope, we were both late. AND they miscalculated my amount due and I had to stand there waiting for them to process a refund as well. Since it's my last time there if I don't get a BFP, I didn't want to have to wait for a check in three months time.

Now I'm at work, where I can veg for a bit and concentrate on good vibes instead of negative ones.

Hope everyone elses day is better!

Kim

#148 of 182 Old 08-29-2008, 02:10 PM

I seem to be having an annovulatory cycle, but then my PCOS has been a problem so that might be it. Sigh

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#149 of 182 Old 08-29-2008, 11:27 PM

Kim: In the end...i'm glad the IUI was done.....and yes....lots of positive vibes from now on!!!!!

I received a call from the nurse who told me that for 7DPO my progesterone level is excellent and I definitely ovulated on my own. So.....here's my question.......if I am spotting now.....which I am.....can I rule out progesterone issues because my level was excellent yesterday?

#150 of 182 Old 08-30-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post

I received a call from the nurse who told me that for 7DPO my progesterone level is excellent and I definitely ovulated on my own. So.....here's my question.......if I am spotting now.....which I am.....can I rule out progesterone issues because my level was excellent yesterday?
This is a totally uneducated guess, but I would say yes! That sounds very promising.

I didn't get my period yesterday and on cycle day 29. Only once in 17 cycles have I had a 29 day cycle before. I am a little anxious!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page