Question regarding Prometrium - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2008, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, hoping someone could give me a clue about Prometrium. This is my 2nd IUI. (11 day post IUI) The first one was done unmedicated, but was told to take Prometrium the day after, not because any luteal defect, just 'because it won't hurt'. Anyhoo, I knew the first one failed and I went off the Prometrium by day 12 on my own accord. With this IUI, I am not having strong`this did not work' vibes and do not know if af will come on its own while on Prometrium, if I need to stop taking it to bring on af, or if I should have a blood test done before stopping it. My doc is gone till Monday, and don't want to deal with anyone but her in the office. Any insight would be great! Thank you

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 06:23 PM

I took Prometrium several times. I started taking it the day after my period ended and (per RE's recommendations) I did not stop taking it until my period started again. All in the hopes that I would be pregnant & AF would NEVER show...no such luck
Anyway, I don't think Prometrium has any effect on AF coming or not.
Maybe some others will have chime in with some words of wisdom
Old 08-14-2008, 06:43 PM

Back when I had no cycles I had several rounds of Prometrium to get a period to happen. It builds up the uterine lining and then when you stop taking it the lining starts to shed. Once or twice AF started before I finished the pills. Once nothing happened after the pills were done and I was all excited. Turns out I had to have a second round of stronger ones. No pg.

I think you should have a pregnancy test before you stop.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:26 AM

It worked for me with my first round of fertility tx, back when I was the tender young age of 36. This time, though, it hasn't stopped me from losses. But I'm a lot older -- 42. I would say, continue with it, or try another form of progesterone supplement, like sublingual or natural progesterone cream.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

User Tag List