August IVF Cyclers - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-15-2008, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tara- I am so sorry. Please take care of yourself.

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2008, 12:37 PM

oh tara, my heart is absolutely broken for you this morning. i am so sorry to hear your news. you & your family are in my thoughts.

-sarah
Old 10-15-2008, 02:08 PM

Tara - I'm so sorry. Take the time to grieve as you need.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 10-16-2008, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSister View Post
bad news. the ultrasound today showed no baby, no sac. no more pregnancy.
I am so, so sorry. Be gentle with yourself.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
Old 10-17-2008, 12:00 AM

Organic sister ~ I am so sorry .
Old 10-17-2008, 10:50 AM

Shawna - thinking of you and your u/s today! Sending lots of good vibes everything goes well

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
Old 10-17-2008, 01:54 PM

Lisa- Thanks but my next u/s is Monday morning. Did I post the wrong date? I am sorry for the confusion. When is your next one?

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
Old 10-17-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRSMR View Post
Lisa- Thanks but my next u/s is Monday morning. Did I post the wrong date? I am sorry for the confusion. When is your next one?
Nope - apparently the confusion is all mine, I read the wrong post. Oops!

My next one is Thursday. Tick tock. Not quite as nervous about seeing a heartbeat, but definitely looking forward to seeing whether or not there are 2 beating in there.

How are you feeling? Pretty much status quo here, nothing really new to report although I think things are getting a little bit rounder in the belly area. Definitely more noticeable by touch than sight. I haven't had any sharp cramps but seem to have low grade dull ones about once a day.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:24 PM

Lisa- I am doing ok. I have some popped blood vessels all over my face from yesterdays m/s. It lasted all day. Much better today though. I can't wait for Monday. I will keep you posted. I hope the rest of you are doing well.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:13 PM

Hi ladies,

Our u/s went very well today. Baby A has a heartbeat of 125 and baby B had 120. I have been released to an Ob/gyn. I also have to meet with a nutritionist due to my lack of eating and weight loss. I hope all of you are well.:

Old 10-20-2008, 01:21 PM

Yay Shawna - that is wonderful news!!! :::

I am so sorry you're having such problems with m/s. I told dh last night I have total sympathy and admiration for women who are really sick during pregnancy. Take good care of yourself and I hope the nutritionist can give you some help.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:26 PM

Lisa - looking forward to hearing about your u/s on Thursday!

Shawna - congrats on a great u/s! it must have been amazing to hear those two heartbeats! sorry to hear you are feeling so sick, hope you get some relief soon.

for those of you experiencing morning sickness, when did it start? i'll be 5 weeks tomorrow and, except for feeling tired, don't feel pregnant at all. i'll probably regret saying this, but i am looking forward to *some* symptoms, so that it feels real!

hi to everyone else!

-sarah
Old 10-20-2008, 08:45 PM

Sarah, I had pretty minimal symptoms to begin with. Boobs a little sore, occasional flash of nausea now and again but nothing that lasted. Around 6 weeks the nausea was a little more, boobs were a little more sore. Yesterday and today the nausea kicks in early afternoon and stays but no throwing up fortunately. It requires more distraction to eat and the things that sound really good (grilled cheese sandwhich with sharp cheddar cheese) are things I can't eat because I'm off dairy and gluten. Compared to Shawna, I've got it easy. I'll be 8 weeks on Wednesday.

All that to say, don't worry, your wish of more symptoms will probably come true

This morning the boobs weren't feeling very sore at all and I could feel myself starting to wonder. The soreness kicked back in this afternoon, plus the nausea.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:00 PM

Well ladies, had our 8wk u/s and we got to see both heartbeats this time. : Both embryos are looking good and measuring on track

I'll be honest, I'm still a bit in shock over the twin situation. But, it appears there are 2 wanting to make an entrance and who am I to argue?

Old 10-23-2008, 04:38 PM

Aw, Lisa!!! Congrats on getting to hear the two heartbeats today!! That must have sounded beautiful!!

-Sarah
Old 10-24-2008, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Wasn't sure if you guys saw my update in the other thread so wanted to share this here too:

My bleeding never got bright or heavy so my RE scheduled a D&C. When she was doing a u/s yesterday she saw what she thought was fluid in my tubes and said that could've caused the miscarriage. Well within an hr of that appt I was in excrutiating pain.

I ended up in the hospital where she did a D&C, removed my left fallopian tube and did a ligation on my right. I was having internal bleeding from the "fluid" in my tube. Turns ou she thinks it was an ectopic pregnancy but doesn't think it was from the transferred embryo!!

She thinks I may have released an egg that we somehow fertilized (even though the only sex we had was with a condom. Which means I got pregnant on my own? I think she is going to send whatever she found to get tested and find out exactly what it was.

Scary thing was she told my DH after the surgery that had I not come into the hospital I "wouldn't have made it thru the night". Thank goodness I had talked to my mom and she ha warned me if I had any pain to get right back in to see her.

Strangely as soon as my surgery was over, all the worry and stress I've been feeling is gone. It's like my intuition has been going crazy for weeks and now I have a deep sense of peace about it all.

My husband had a dream last night (he has had about 3-4 dreams since I've known him and they've all been prophetic). He told me he dreamt I was hugely pregnant with twins, that we were having the homebirth we wanted and our midwife had glasses. lol He said he feels certain we are suppose to have twins and one embryo wasn't coming without the other one.

Anyway I'm feeling really good. Sore from the laporoscopy but much better than I thought. And again I feel so relieved now with all that fear gone. Still no decision made how or if or when we'll go forward but feeling good no matter what that this all turned out so good in the end.

Good luck ladies!! Maybe it'll be in the cards for me another time. Until then I'm feeling blessed to be alive and well!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:27 AM

: : .
Old 10-27-2008, 07:34 PM

tara - holy sh*t. that was a terrifying story! what a blessing to have received the right medical attention at the right time.

im glad to hear that you are feeling at peace with how everything turned out. i loved the story about your dh's dream. thinking about your twins out there, waiting to come into your life, is really sweet. you have a whole team of frozen embies, right?

sending you {hugs} and hopes that your body feels better soon.

-sarah
Old 11-02-2008, 10:17 PM

User Tag List