August IVF Cyclers - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 289 Old 09-01-2008, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies,

Jumping in to say hi and to wish everyone success in their IVF journeys. Are there also IVF w/DE women here? I'm about to do that in the next few months....in San Diego....would like to make some new friends and possibly have a little support group when I get out there.

Baby dust to all!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 289 Old 09-01-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoodbuns View Post
Hi Ladies,

Jumping in to say hi and to wish everyone success in their IVF journeys. Are there also IVF w/DE women here? I'm about to do that in the next few months....in San Diego....would like to make some new friends and possibly have a little support group when I get out there.

Baby dust to all!
Maybe start a new thread with that in the title, I'm sure there are others. Good luck to you!!!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#63 of 289 Old 09-01-2008, 02:04 PM

Thanks, Crazy. I think I will!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#64 of 289 Old 09-01-2008, 06:50 PM

Hi Mamas,

Just checking in after a wonderful long weekend. We are cutting down to 10 units of Lupron tomorrow. I am feeling pretty good now but a bit crampy today.. I am so excited that September is here!!!! YAY to us!!!:

How are all of you??

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
#65 of 289 Old 09-02-2008, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

I'm in a state of shock with a small mix of growing excitement.

We had our first follicle check today. After only four days of stims, she counted **at least** 23 eggs! She's waiting for my blood work to be done and she's pretty sure she's going to decrease the follistim and eliminate the Luveris all together.

My husband is super excited. I'm still amazed. 23 eggs in only 4 days?

I'm super irritable and feeling some tightenness along my lower abdomen, which I think is probably the scar tissue I have. I'm a little nervous about possible pain when my ovaries start expanding because they are encased in scar tissue as well. I usually experience some sharp pain with occasional ovulations, so we'll see how this goes. I never did get the opportunity to see an acupuncturist which usually helps with the scar tissue but maybe that's for the better. The only other thing my doc said was to start eating a lot of high sodium foods, which will be hard for me.

We leave for our trip tonight, but we're taking the laptop so I'l try to keep checking in. My next check is Monday morning (another reason she wants to decrease since my next check is so far away). How is everyone else? LisaG, have you had your check yet?

KJ when do you start your stims? I hope your cramps feel better soon. Maybe a hot water bottle would help?

Have a good week all; I'll try to check in soon!
#66 of 289 Old 09-02-2008, 02:45 PM

Organicsister- HOLY FOLLIES!!! Wow that is great.. How painful are the new needles?? Will you have your er early if they keep growing??

I start stimming in 4 days!! I am a bit upset that my nurse has not called me back with an appointment time for my baseline Friday..
Keep us posted..

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
#67 of 289 Old 09-02-2008, 09:33 PM

wow organic sister! How fantastic is that?! wishing you lots of healthy eggies

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#68 of 289 Old 09-02-2008, 09:35 PM

Does anyone know when you can test after IVF transfer. I've heard of people gettign true results as early as day 4 (with 5day blasts, that is)

I'm wording when the *best* time to test (before beta? Like, which day are you pretty sure of the result? 7dpt, maybe?

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#69 of 289 Old 09-03-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies5 View Post
Does anyone know when you can test after IVF transfer. I've heard of people gettign true results as early as day 4 (with 5day blasts, that is)

I'm wording when the *best* time to test (before beta? Like, which day are you pretty sure of the result? 7dpt, maybe?
I think it takes up to 10 days for the hcg from the trigger shot to get out of your system, so I wouldn't test before that. I also know several women who have tested early and gotten a bfn and then gone on to have a positive test. Personally, I don't think I want the emotional roller coaster from all of that. So for me the soonest I would test would be the day before the beta.

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#70 of 289 Old 09-03-2008, 09:14 AM

OrganicSister - congrats on your eggs! Have a great time at your conference!

Shawna - the needles aren't too bad. The menopur seems to hurt the worst for me. Feels like a pinch the whole time the meds are going in and is definitely sore after wards. The gonal f pen is pretty easy.

You'll get a chuckle out of this - I did the first leg of my trip to Denver yesterday and was due for my menopur injection about 1 1/2 hour into the drive. So I got to "shoot up" in the rest stop parking lot. I tried to be discrete, but some guy was definitely giving me the hairy eyeball as I pulled away. I half expected a highway patrol to pull up and start asking questions.

Had my first stim check yesterday morning before I left. Looks like there's about 9 follies cooking, which I'm pleased with. Unfortunately my lining is 12.4mm which is definitely on the thick side. They had me skip my gonal f last night and they've cut both my menopur and gonal f doses in half. If my lining stays as is, we're still good. If it starts getting into the 15-17mm range they'll end up doing a freeze all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it cooperates, but trusting it will all work out for the best even when it doesn't look like it and takes some interesting turns.

I'm feeling pretty good. Can definitely feel my ovaries working, but it's not painful or uncomfortable. Yesterday's drive was long, but today's will only be about 8hrs. I brought lots of knitting with me and my spinning wheel and plenty of fiber

#71 of 289 Old 09-03-2008, 09:23 AM

Lisa- Thanks for making me feel better about the needles. I am getting so excited/nervous.

I am going to watch for the rest stop drug bandit on America's most wanted. The guy watching was probably looking for some.

Keep us posted on the rest of your trip. Sounds good so far. Fingers are crossed for you and a not so thick lining. Take care

#72 of 289 Old 09-03-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies5 View Post

I'd advise against testing, if possible. I had a bfn when testing 6 days after a 5 day transfer. It turned into a bfp beta at 10 days. Those 4 days between were heck because the stupid poas test ruined my hope.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#73 of 289 Old 09-04-2008, 09:58 AM

I am so frustrated. Here it is Thursday, My basline is tomorrow and still not a call back of where and when. I use 3 locations and 1 of them is 2 1/2 hours away. It would just be nice to know to prepare myself for the long drive. UGH!!!

On the bright side I feel great today.. No more headaches or cramps

#74 of 289 Old 09-04-2008, 11:48 AM

KJSMR ~ So frustrating. It is hard to figure out why they just have not let you know where to go. Did they forget your doing ivf and subject to crazy outbursts . They should know not to leave you hanging like that.

LisaG ~ Too funny injecting at a rest stop. I am sure you were thinking oh great what next injecting by the hotel pool, grocery store or library. Oh my what ivf makes us do.

Rockies ~ I am gonna side with not testing. As a poas addict for way too long I feel much better when I do not test. But I think 7 days after a 5 dt would be fairly accurate. Good luck hope you get a bfp!

Organicsister ~ How amazing that your have so many follies. Keep up the good work! Did anybody mention drinking gatorade and staying hydrated with so many? Fantastic follies :

Msgoodbuns and crazyrunningmamma ~

afm I have been busy and more busy. My baseline did not go well. E2 level was 118 and that was even with being on lupron. I thought lupron suppressed estrogen. They do not like to see it over 100. Then the nurse did not find much of anything in my ovaries. I go in again on Friday for another baseline. I am just preparing myself for the possibility of being cancelled. Any body know of a way to lower estrogen and get a bunch of follies in 23 hours ?.
#75 of 289 Old 09-04-2008, 12:18 PM

Seedlings- Thanks for checking in. They may just keep you on the Lupron a bit longer.. To supress you more?? Did they say they would cancel your cycle??

Speaking of IVF outbursts I wrote my letter of resignation and handed it in. I really can't afford to be out of work but getting yelled at only a daily basis is not good for my mental health. I am the office punching bag.

#76 of 289 Old 09-04-2008, 02:35 PM

Hi girlies,

I have officially landed in Denver. I'm staying with my SIL's dad and step-mom. They're super nice and welcoming and the bonus is they worked with my doc 8 years ago to conceive their first. So that's very good.

Had my 2nd u/s and blood work bright and early. Lining is holding steady - she got one measurement of 13 and then double checked it and got 11. However, my ovaries, oh my ovaries. The tech is measuring and counts something like 20 and I'm thinking, oh she must be looking at both ovaries not just 1 like I thought. Oh no. That was just my right ovary. Fortunately my left one only counted 11.

Unfortunately with numbers like that I'm at higher risk of hyperstimming after the ER. We'll see what my estrogen is at today and if they adjust my meds. In the meantime, I'm chugging lemon water and taking lots of B vitamins to see if that might help keep my liver clear so it can not get bogged down with estrogen. There's also a study I need to look up that talks about whey protein decreasing the risk of OHSS. I can't do whey because of my dairy sensitivity, but I can do other forms of protein. Plus I have acupuncture tomorrow and Monday so hopefully she'll have some magic up her sleeve. Next u/s is tomorrow. Part of me is hoping the tech way miscounted. One can always hope.

Seedlings - today I injected in the parking lot of Whole Foods We'll see what other creative locations I can come up with before this is over

Sorry to hear your baseline didn't go well . Yes lupron should lower your estrogen. I think sometimes our liver's get overloaded with all the meds and unfortunately can't break down the estrogen as well. I don't know how quickly it would work but lemon water and B vitamins are supposed to be good for gently clearing the liver and I've also heard about coffee enemas as good for flushing the liver (depending on how desperate you are). As for your ovaries, I thought it would be a good thing that they're not doing much of anything yet? I thought at the baseline they basically want to see everything nice and quiet?

Shawna - how frustrating! I hope you get some news quickly about your baseline. And yay for you for saying enough with the job. Nobody deserves to be treated like that! I hope you find a much better situation quickly.

#77 of 289 Old 09-04-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRSMR View Post
Seedlings- Thanks for checking in. They may just keep you on the Lupron a bit longer.. To supress you more?? Did they say they would cancel your cycle??

Speaking of IVF outbursts I wrote my letter of resignation and handed it in. I really can't afford to be out of work but getting yelled at only a daily basis is not good for my mental health. I am the office punching bag.
Omg, are you ok? I am so glad your not gonna take it anymore. Please take care of yourself. Being the office punching bag is something no one should have to endure. and let us know how they are treating you. We'll come and show them who the punching bag is

I am not sure if they will cancel and should know more on Friday. It is complicated but a high E2 is not good for the follies which may explain why she only found 1 or 2. From what I have read a high E2 is a sign for perimenopause which at 39 is where I am. Maybe I can will my E2 down. Or let it know I'll go ivf crazy all over it if it does not go down , (if I don't laugh I'll loose it).
#78 of 289 Old 09-04-2008, 03:05 PM

just wanted to jump in and wish everyone huge amounts of luck! i did IVF last september and know how trying the whole process can be.

and re: testing early, i agree that the HCg trigger takes a while to get out of the system so testing too early could give you a false positive. i also found that a lot of the HPTs aren't as sensitive as they say they are and might not pick up on a low beta.

good luck to all!

Mama to an IVF baby girl, Lennon Emelia, born 6/3/08! and the Junebug kitty... Missing the Jeddy and Ashes kitties
#79 of 289 Old 09-04-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
Hi girlies,

I have officially landed in Denver. I'm staying with my SIL's dad and step-mom. They're super nice and welcoming and the bonus is they worked with my doc 8 years ago to conceive their first. So that's very good.

Had my 2nd u/s and blood work bright and early. Lining is holding steady - she got one measurement of 13 and then double checked it and got 11. However, my ovaries, oh my ovaries. The tech is measuring and counts something like 20 and I'm thinking, oh she must be looking at both ovaries not just 1 like I thought. Oh no. That was just my right ovary. Fortunately my left one only counted 11.

Unfortunately with numbers like that I'm at higher risk of hyperstimming after the ER. We'll see what my estrogen is at today and if they adjust my meds. In the meantime, I'm chugging lemon water and taking lots of B vitamins to see if that might help keep my liver clear so it can not get bogged down with estrogen. There's also a study I need to look up that talks about whey protein decreasing the risk of OHSS. I can't do whey because of my dairy sensitivity, but I can do other forms of protein. Plus I have acupuncture tomorrow and Monday so hopefully she'll have some magic up her sleeve. Next u/s is tomorrow. Part of me is hoping the tech way miscounted. One can always hope.

Seedlings - today I injected in the parking lot of Whole Foods We'll see what other creative locations I can come up with before this is over

Sorry to hear your baseline didn't go well . Yes lupron should lower your estrogen. I think sometimes our liver's get overloaded with all the meds and unfortunately can't break down the estrogen as well. I don't know how quickly it would work but lemon water and B vitamins are supposed to be good for gently clearing the liver and I've also heard about coffee enemas as good for flushing the liver (depending on how desperate you are). As for your ovaries, I thought it would be a good thing that they're not doing much of anything yet? I thought at the baseline they basically want to see everything nice and quiet?

Shawna - how frustrating! I hope you get some news quickly about your baseline. And yay for you for saying enough with the job. Nobody deserves to be treated like that! I hope you find a much better situation quickly.

I am so glad that your in Denver and in good hands. Now you can focus on yourself and growing those follies. Congrats on all of the follies that is awesome :. But take care of yourself because 20 on one side as you know is a lot.

Thank you so much for the advise on Lemon water and b vitamins. I will try that not so sure about the coffee enemas. But who knows what a girl will do. So on lupron they usually do not see many follies at baseline? This is my first time on lupron, but I am pretty sure on my other cycles I have had a few follies at baseline.

Enjoy your accupuncture and hope your getting out to see Denver.
#80 of 289 Old 09-04-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehairedwoman View Post
just wanted to jump in and wish everyone huge amounts of luck! i did IVF last september and know how trying the whole process can be.
good luck to all!

Thanks so much for the kind words. They are truly appreciated and welcomed.
#81 of 289 Old 09-04-2008, 06:11 PM

YAY!! My baseline is in the morning at 6:45!!! My first thought was holy crap that is early but better to get it over with and enjoy the rest of the warm weather.

Seedlings- Big hugs!! I am praying for you..I talked to my RE today and she said if i had a cyst tomorrow or my estrogen was to high they would keep me on the Lupron another week. I hope that is all for you as well.

My boss is a real big ass. I am blamed for everything. He yells and gets so angry. I do nothing but do my job and come home. He has even told me that " he just doesn't like me and he couldn't put his finger on why". After I turned his office (financially) around.

Lisa- Thanks for the support. Good luck with your next u/s. Hopefully they can just cut the meds back a bit. That is a lot of follies but sounds like you are taking good care of yourself. Keep it up and enjoy Denver. I will check in tomorrow after my baseline.. Wish me luck

#82 of 289 Old 09-04-2008, 10:56 PM

Shawna - good luck tomorrow! I've never understood why bosses think they can treat people like that. It's just insane. I occasionally do some recruiting work and I remember this one woman I interviewed talking about a former boss. Apparently she had to have a plaster repairman on call because the guy had the habit of putting his fist through the wall

Seedlings - at my baseline the doc said he saw 3-4 antral follicles, but given the number I currently have cooking obviously where you start doesn't say much about where you'll finish. I would think not seeing any follicles at this stage wouldn't be a problem. But, I'm not sure. I hope for the best for you.

Estrogen is 1600 something, the nurse said that's good. The dropped my gonal f just a little bit. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

#83 of 289 Old 09-05-2008, 10:51 AM

Good morning ladies,

So far so good. No cysts and she only saw 2 tiny follicles that couldn't be measured. The Lupron is working. I am waiting to hear back about the b/w. I will check in later when I hear my final plan. Looks like it is going to be 150 follistim and 75 of repronex starting tomorrow night. My ivf nurse said between 7-9 at night is the best time. Just wondering if you were all told the same?
Shawna

#84 of 289 Old 09-05-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Shawna - good luck tomorrow! I've never understood why bosses think they can treat people like that. It's just insane. I occasionally do some recruiting work and I remember this one woman I interviewed talking about a former boss. Apparently she had to have a plaster repairman on call because the guy had the habit of putting his fist through the wall

Seedlings - at my baseline the doc said he saw 3-4 antral follicles, but given the number I currently have cooking obviously where you start doesn't say much about where you'll finish. I would think not seeing any follicles at this stage wouldn't be a problem. But, I'm not sure. I hope for the best for you.

Estrogen is 1600 something, the nurse said that's good. The dropped my gonal f just a little bit. We'll see what tomorrow brings!
I am glad that they dropped your meds back a bit. Good luck tomorrow.

#85 of 289 Old 09-05-2008, 12:07 PM

Yay Shawna! That's great news! I wasn't told a time for my meds, just told to stick to 12 hours apart between morning dose and evening dose. At home on EST I was shooting up around 10am/10pm, now that I'm here on MT it's around 8am/8pm. I haven't had to worry about coordinating with work though since my stim start date fell on the weekend and I left for Denver after that.

U/S today went well. Follies are coming along. Still lots. Nurse is pretty sure I'll trigger Sunday for retrieval Tuesday, which is our anniversary DH will fly out on Sunday so we should be all set.

Have a good day everyone!

#86 of 289 Old 09-05-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRSMR View Post
Good morning ladies,

So far so good. No cysts and she only saw 2 tiny follicles that couldn't be measured. The Lupron is working. I am waiting to hear back about the b/w. I will check in later when I hear my final plan. Looks like it is going to be 150 follistim and 75 of repronex starting tomorrow night. My ivf nurse said between 7-9 at night is the best time. Just wondering if you were all told the same?
Shawna
:, that is great news. 7-9 days of stims sounds about right. That is about what I've done. All the best and keep growing those follies.
#87 of 289 Old 09-05-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
U/S today went well. Follies are coming along. Still lots. Nurse is pretty sure I'll trigger Sunday for retrieval Tuesday, which is our anniversary DH will fly out on Sunday so we should be all set.

Have a good day everyone!
Lisa your cycle is flying by. How wonderful that dh will be there. You both must be so excited. It must be so reassuring to be staying with family that has cycled at ccrm. : for you all.
#88 of 289 Old 09-05-2008, 08:56 PM

Well I am out, my cycle has been cancelled. Estrogen was up even more today at 217. The nurse also found 3 cysts on my right ovary. The good thing is that it is my first time getting cysts. I have done a bunch of injectable iui's and 2 ivf's so I guess I have done well avoiding them. She also found fluid on my endometrium. I may not of shed my lining completely there. So I am glad I did not do the coffee enema . They will call me on Monday with a plan.

I will still be here rooting and cheering you ladies on. I want everyone to have their bfp, healthy nine months and beautiful baby. Keep growing those follies and loving yourself.

#89 of 289 Old 09-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Oh Seedlings I'm so sorry to hear your news s. How disappointing. I hope Monday brings a good plan for you. At the very least a coffee enema free one

No gonal f for me tonight, just lupron and dexamethasone. My estrogen went from 1600 yesterday to 2800 today. I know that's a big jump but I don't know what they want it to be, just that it's high enough to have me skip the gonal f. Even I can only micromanage and fret about so many things. Acupuncture today was good. I'm glad I scheduled that.

#90 of 289 Old 09-06-2008, 01:16 PM

Seedlings- I am so sorry. What bad news. I hope Monday goes well. Take good care of yourself.

Lisa- I agree your cycle is just flying by. Wow. I am glad that DH will be home to take care of you after the er/et.

Well the baseline went very well. My estrogen is fine and I have 6 resting follies on the left and 8 resting on the right. Off to a good start. However I was told that our insurance may not cover any of it and we would have to come up with 6400.00 by the time of er. It is always something. We should hear by Mondai if we are going to be covered. I am going to start stims and hold my head up high..

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page