August IVF Cyclers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 289 Old 08-14-2008, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any other August cyclers out there?

I'm not well-versed in all the lingo but we start our meds this Monday. I'm nervous as hell about the whole thing. Would love to find some others who are going thru the same thing.
#2 of 289 Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

No one else out there?

Well I started the lupron shots today...after an excrutiating 20 minutes of trying to work up the nerve.

I'm incredibly nervous but am trying to ignore that.

Wish me luck.
#3 of 289 Old 08-18-2008, 05:50 PM

Good luck! I am sorry it seems there are no other August IVF cyclers. Last month we had quite a few.

The shots will get easier! When do you start stims?

Keep us updated!

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#4 of 289 Old 08-18-2008, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

I start the stims sometime next week.
#5 of 289 Old 08-18-2008, 08:14 PM

I wish! I have to wait until at least October to start. I would love to hear about what you are going through, and about how your cycle is going, even if I'm not yet going through it too!

GL!!!
#6 of 289 Old 08-18-2008, 11:28 PM

I'm here just cheering you on! You can also try IVFConnections.com to find others that are going through it right now. Good luck!

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#7 of 289 Old 08-19-2008, 12:19 AM

I'm an Aug/Sept. cycler. Just started lupron tonight. Don't worry, you'll soon be a pro with the shots

This is my 2nd attempt at our first IVF. I managed to get pregnant "naturally" for a nanosecond during our first attempt (while on bcp and lupron). Unfortunately my hcg didn't rise, so we knew pretty quickly that the pregnancy wasn't going anywhere. Then there was a looonnnggg wait for my hcg levels to drop below 5 so we could start again. Now we're finally out of the starting gate again

I go for my first u/s on the 28th to make sure everything is properly suppressed. If all is as it should be, I'll start my stims on the 30th.

How are you feeling on the lupron?

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#8 of 289 Old 08-19-2008, 02:32 AM

Hey good luck and happy stimming to you guys. Glad to see you're back in the game LisaG

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#9 of 289 Old 08-19-2008, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
I'm an Aug/Sept. cycler. Just started lupron tonight. Don't worry, you'll soon be a pro with the shots
Yay some one to join me!

Quote:
How are you feeling on the lupron?
Well it's hard to say so far but it seems to make me tired. Yesterday after a couple of hours after the shot I feel asleep and slept right thru dinner! I haven't done today's shot though so we'll see if it was really the Lupron or not. Could have just been exhaustion from nerves or something I suppose.

Are you having any side effects? Has anyone else had any side effects? (The only side effects on my insert seemed to be specified toward men, so unless my testes start to swell I don't know what to expect.)
#10 of 289 Old 08-19-2008, 12:49 PM

I am here.

I will be doing the er and et in Sept but I should start lupron this weekend.

It is my first time with lupron so I am clueless about what to expect. I am pretty sure I do not have testes, so Organicsister, who knows what ride we are in for!
#11 of 289 Old 08-19-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSister View Post
Are you having any side effects? Has anyone else had any side effects? (The only side effects on my insert seemed to be specified toward men, so unless my testes start to swell I don't know what to expect.)
Well, I think I can safely say I'm not at risk for testicular swelling. Good to know there's one thing I can rule out.

Lupron lowers your estrogen levels so you might experience hot flashes, headaches, fatigue, that sort of thing. I think crazyrunningmama and some others get constipated from it (although that may have been the stims?). Some women really notice it, others don't notice much at all. Last night was my first shot and so far so good. I didn't have any problems with it last time, but then it's hard to say because we found out after 8 days of shots that my estrogen was over 600 so that kind of explains lack of low estrogen symptoms.

Hi Seedlings - good to see you!!

#12 of 289 Old 08-19-2008, 07:00 PM

Well, my work here is done! I guess I did talk about the constipation a lot! My first IVF it kind of snuck up on me and got REALLY bad (you don't want to know, so start the prune juice now ladies!!). When I mentioned it to the nurses they said it was quite common and on the sheet they give with ET info, it mentions that if you are having problems to ask for a suppository because it's really important that your lower bowel is empty for ET. Well, thanks for warning me!!

My most recent IVF I noticed problems starting as soon as I started BCP's, so I started eating tons of salads and fruit and taking one serving of Metamucil everyday, helped a lot. I did the nasal spray Synarel which does the same thing as Lupron and it makes me feel very very NOT grounded kwim? Just unreasonable and pissy. Meditation would have helped or something like that. Also just warning my dh to duck and cover! Good good good luck to you!!

#13 of 289 Old 08-20-2008, 09:18 AM

I started the Lupron on 8/18. It wasn't so bad. I had a bit of a headache yesterday. I am also starting Synthroid soon. I am looking forward to going through this with all of you. Good luck..:

Im here Organicsister!!!!

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
#14 of 289 Old 08-20-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
Well, my work here is done! I guess I did talk about the constipation a lot!
You have become the IVF constipation prevention spokesperson :

Welcome to the group KJRSMR Looks like we're on a pretty similar cycle.

Just out of curiosity - do your clinics give you a set egg retrieval date? Or do they play it by ear depending on how your follicles are developing? Also, how much monitoring are you having during your stims?

I have a tentative ER date depending on how the follicles are developing. I have a baseline ultrasound & bloodwork done on the 28th to make sure everything is suppressed with my ovaries (and to rule out ovarian cysts) and then another u/s & b/w on day 4 of my stims, then daily u/s & b/w starting on day 6 of stims. Depending on how I'm responding they'll tweak my dosages.

2 shots of lupron down and all is well

#15 of 289 Old 08-20-2008, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaG View Post
You have become the IVF constipation prevention spokesperson :

Welcome to the group KJRSMR Looks like we're on a pretty similar cycle.
Looks like we're all pretty close. Is that more than a coincidence to all be starting lupron on nearly the same day?

Quote:
Just out of curiosity - do your clinics give you a set egg retrieval date? Or do they play it by ear depending on how your follicles are developing? Also, how much monitoring are you having during your stims?

My baseline u/s and a blood test are scheduled for 8/29, but that might change depending on when my period starts. (Sunday is my last BC pill, so we're estimated the 29th.)

My next u/s and blood tests are scheduled for 9/2 and 9/8. (She's working around us going out of town on the night of the 2nd until the 7th.) We don't have the third u/s scheduled or a tentative ER date. It will be based on my u/s but she did suspect it would be somewhere between the 10th and th 13th.

When is your tentative date scheduled?

This is day three of my Lupron and I'm still feeling kinda tired. But also today I have a lot of breast tenderness. I guess that's along the same lines as swollen testes eh?
#16 of 289 Old 08-20-2008, 03:55 PM

Wow, we really are on the same schedule. My re is working our schedule around a wedding..( That we are both in) My baseline u/s is scheduled for the 28th. My last b/c was yesterday. I also have sore bb's. I am going to hopefully start stimming on the 6th of September.. Day 3 of Lupron and having waves of heat.. but okay..

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
#17 of 289 Old 08-20-2008, 03:57 PM

Lisa,
Thanks for the warm welcome.. I am happy to be here.:

#18 of 289 Old 08-20-2008, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Funny story:

Told my hubby about the swollen testes side effect listed in the meds insert and then mentioned my tender and swollen breasts.

According to him I now have swollen breasticals.
#19 of 289 Old 08-21-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSister View Post
According to him I now have swollen breasticals.
Gotta love the humor of IVF

#20 of 289 Old 08-21-2008, 10:21 AM

How are you all feeling today? Day 4 of Lupron still have a headache. I may be starting my period. I feel crampy and have started to spot. YAY!!! Getting closer.. It is going by pretty fast so far..

#21 of 289 Old 08-21-2008, 05:27 PM

I'm doing pretty good today, although I've had some hot moments, but not quite what I would describe as hot flashes or at least not like they were on clomid. No headaches, knock on wood.

I take my last bcp tomorrow. I've been spotting since Monday. My nurse says it's no big deal. On my schedule it says to expect my period Monday or Tuesday but I'll be surprised if it holds off that long based on this spotting. I'm thinking as soon as I'm off the bcp it will arrive.

Shawna, I agree it does seem to be going by pretty quickly. :

#22 of 289 Old 08-21-2008, 06:29 PM

Well my meds should be arriving tomorrow and I'll start lupron on Sunday.

I am up to my usual pre ivf stuff (multi-vitamins, b vitamin, folic acid, dhea, green tea and bcps). Hoping for some grade a embies
#23 of 289 Old 08-21-2008, 07:12 PM

Lisa,
Let's hope it stays that way.. I still have the headache and hot flashes. But okay otherwise.. Glad to hear you are doing well

#24 of 289 Old 08-22-2008, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

This is Day 5 of the lupron and I'm still dealing with sleepiness about mid-day. My "breasticals" are even more tender and feel flippin' heavy. This usually happens with my period but not to this extent. My face is also more oily and I'm breaking out. WTH?? It's like PMS symptoms (without the crabbiness, thank Gd). Anyone else experiencing breakouts and sleepiness?

The only other symptom is some itchiness around my injection site for a few minutes after doing the shot.

My last bcp is on Sunday and my period should start within a couple of days of that. But seeing as how I had my last one two weeks ago and had to start the pill on day 3, I'm curious as to how much of a period I'll actually have.

The shots have been much easier to give myself. Still not fun but it doesn't take 20 minutes.
#25 of 289 Old 08-22-2008, 01:51 PM

Organicsister,

I am also so tired during the day now. My breasticles are super sore. I broke out on the pill. Places I never have before my back, shoulders. I have also started my period. It is on the lighter side but cramps are worse for me. I usually don't have bad cramps. On the bright side day 5 down!!! The shots are getting easier day by day.. My mood also seems ok but I am having some major hot flashes at night.. Anyone else????

#26 of 289 Old 08-22-2008, 03:30 PM

LisaG, OrganicSister and KJRSMR ~ I hope the lupron effects subside for ya all
#27 of 289 Old 08-22-2008, 03:31 PM

Hey gals,

I seem to be in an ongoing state of a low grade sweat today. Then I get cold and clammy when the air comes on. I was really tired yesterday late afternoon but was blaming it on not getting enough sleep. Now you both have me wondering if I should blame it on the lupron. Doing pretty good mood wise, although I was a bit snarkier than usual the other day. I might chalk that up to dh's niece having her baby and wondering just what that poor little guy is in for. Sigh. According to my SIL (her aunt) she's trying to bf but when he showed signs of hunger she refused to nurse him because he'd just nursed 20 minutes ago. Mind you this was the day after he was born and I'm sure her milk hasn't come in yet and I'm sure he really was hungry. : I'll be shocked if she bf for much longer. And honestly if she has that kind of attitude about it, it's probably better if she doesn't. But I digress.

Last bcp was this morning. I'm doing pretty good on dodging the breakouts, just a solitary zit under my jaw so far. Boobs aren't doing anything at the moment thank goodness. Last time I thought they were going to explode off my chest.

OrganicSister - a couple cycles ago I was on bcp for 6 days (starting on CD3) and then told to stop because my hcg still wasn't low enough. I took my last bcp on a Thursday morning, started spotting Friday eve., period started Saturday and I was really surprised by how much of a "real" period it was even though I'd had a period only 10 days earlier. Although I've heard other women say their's was really light :

#28 of 289 Old 08-22-2008, 05:46 PM

Is there a breasticles smilie? There should be!

#29 of 289 Old 08-23-2008, 11:11 PM

I just love setting the alarm on a Saturday morning at 6:45 for Lupron.. I was super tired and hot today. Still crampy and bleeding a bit more today. Another day down all!!!!

#30 of 289 Old 08-24-2008, 10:45 AM

Seedlings - hope your lupron start goes well today!

Shawna - yay for another day down! I opted to do my shots at night and avoid those cruel early morning weekend wake-ups Can't remember - are you done with your bcps yet?

Was about 45 minutes late with my lupron shot last night. : We were visiting family and I had prepped a syringe and brought it with me so I wouldn't have to leave early in time for my shot. Well when I went to get the syringe out of my purse I couldn't find it. So I go out to the car thinking it must've fallen out, which it did, but then I realized it had been cooking in the car for a few hours (it was in the 90s here today). I didn't want to risk taking a bad dose, so hurried home to get a fresh one but unfortunately we don't live close to where we were. I'm hoping that didn't throw things off too badly.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page