Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Infertility (http://www.mothering.com/forum/179-infertility/)
-   -   Progesterone levels and pregnancy (http://www.mothering.com/forum/179-infertility/949843-progesterone-levels-pregnancy.html)

LiamsMommy31905 08-14-2008 04:56 PM

This is our 13th month TTC #2...I've done 6 cycles of Clomid (with one miscarriage in the middle of the mix), countless progesterone suppositories and oral Prometrium, and MANY many diagnostic tests. This month we said taking a break from traditional Western medicine and decided to TTC on our own using acupuncture and chiropractic care.

So, I had some bloodwork done yesterday as part of my monthly 7/8 DPO workup. I only requested progesterone levels. My RE told me that a typical progesterone level for that time period should be 15...or 20 with supplementation (which I need because I have a short LP.)

I just called my RE's office since they never called this AM as promised to give me my results. The nurse told me my progesterone was 72. : hoa. I started flipping out and said, "OMG! What does that mean? That's so high! I can't even believe it!" She just said, "I can't really tell you anything other than it's VERY good and promising."

I've been googling progesterone levels and early pregnancy to no end since then. Can you predict a forthcoming BFP just by progesterone levels? BTW, I tested this am with an IC and saw a BFN (I'm 9 DPO.) :

crystal-mommy 08-14-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamsMommy31905 View Post
This is our 13th month TTC #2...I've done 6 cycles of Clomid (with one miscarriage in the middle of the mix), countless progesterone suppositories and oral Prometrium, and MANY many diagnostic tests. This month we said taking a break from traditional Western medicine and decided to TTC on our own using acupuncture and chiropractic care.

So, I had some bloodwork done yesterday as part of my monthly 7/8 DPO workup. I only requested progesterone levels. My RE told me that a typical progesterone level for that time period should be 15...or 20 with supplementation (which I need because I have a short LP.)

I just called my RE's office since they never called this AM as promised to give me my results. The nurse told me my progesterone was 72. : hoa. I started flipping out and said, "OMG! What does that mean? That's so high! I can't even believe it!" She just said, "I can't really tell you anything other than it's VERY good and promising."

I've been googling progesterone levels and early pregnancy to no end since then. Can you predict a forthcoming BFP just by progesterone levels? BTW, I tested this am with an IC and saw a BFN (I'm 9 DPO.) :

My progesterone on my 2nd clomid cycle was 115. BFN. I had some tubal and ovary problems so my main issue was implantation, not ovulation... Good luck!! I hope you get your BFP!!! :