Progesterone levels and pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-14-2008, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is our 13th month TTC #2...I've done 6 cycles of Clomid (with one miscarriage in the middle of the mix), countless progesterone suppositories and oral Prometrium, and MANY many diagnostic tests. This month we said taking a break from traditional Western medicine and decided to TTC on our own using acupuncture and chiropractic care.

So, I had some bloodwork done yesterday as part of my monthly 7/8 DPO workup. I only requested progesterone levels. My RE told me that a typical progesterone level for that time period should be 15...or 20 with supplementation (which I need because I have a short LP.)

I just called my RE's office since they never called this AM as promised to give me my results. The nurse told me my progesterone was 72. : hoa. I started flipping out and said, "OMG! What does that mean? That's so high! I can't even believe it!" She just said, "I can't really tell you anything other than it's VERY good and promising."

I've been googling progesterone levels and early pregnancy to no end since then. Can you predict a forthcoming BFP just by progesterone levels? BTW, I tested this am with an IC and saw a BFN (I'm 9 DPO.) :

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-14-2008, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamsMommy31905 View Post
This is our 13th month TTC #2...I've done 6 cycles of Clomid (with one miscarriage in the middle of the mix), countless progesterone suppositories and oral Prometrium, and MANY many diagnostic tests. This month we said taking a break from traditional Western medicine and decided to TTC on our own using acupuncture and chiropractic care.

So, I had some bloodwork done yesterday as part of my monthly 7/8 DPO workup. I only requested progesterone levels. My RE told me that a typical progesterone level for that time period should be 15...or 20 with supplementation (which I need because I have a short LP.)

I just called my RE's office since they never called this AM as promised to give me my results. The nurse told me my progesterone was 72. : hoa. I started flipping out and said, "OMG! What does that mean? That's so high! I can't even believe it!" She just said, "I can't really tell you anything other than it's VERY good and promising."

I've been googling progesterone levels and early pregnancy to no end since then. Can you predict a forthcoming BFP just by progesterone levels? BTW, I tested this am with an IC and saw a BFN (I'm 9 DPO.) :

My progesterone on my 2nd clomid cycle was 115. BFN. I had some tubal and ovary problems so my main issue was implantation, not ovulation... Good luck!! I hope you get your BFP!!! :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page