The SEPTEMBER Infertility ONE Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 134 Old 09-22-2008, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cycle tracking with my RE this cycle- 2nd visit today on CD11.

I have a large, mature follicle on one ovary. It looks like O could happen any time now. I've been charting/tempting for 17 months though and have NEVER O'd before CD16 and usually more like CD20. So what the heck? Also, my uterine lining is practically non-existent and does not look good for an O in the next couple of days.

I had to run out the door quickly and didn't have a chance to ask what the discrepancy might mean. Any ideas? I don't even know what to google I'm going back tomorrow though, so maybe I'll get more info then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 134 Old 09-22-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
Cycle tracking with my RE this cycle- 2nd visit today on CD11.

I have a large, mature follicle on one ovary. It looks like O could happen any time now. I've been charting/tempting for 17 months though and have NEVER O'd before CD16 and usually more like CD20. So what the heck? Also, my uterine lining is practically non-existent and does not look good for an O in the next couple of days

I O'd on CD 10 or 11 last month... the earliest I had ever O'd before was CD 14 and I think my lining was only @ 8. I got hyperstimulated on the Femara (I toook 5mg instead of 2.5) and it was way too much-cause a large cyst on my right ovary! We only bd once during my fertile time.. cause I didn't know I was fertile! I have my cd 8 u/s tomorrow- we will see what all is going on. Good luck tomorrow to you too!!
#63 of 134 Old 09-22-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post
I O'd on CD 10 or 11 last month... the earliest I had ever O'd before was CD 14 and I think my lining was only @ 8. I got hyperstimulated on the Femara (I toook 5mg instead of 2.5) and it was way too much-cause a large cyst on my right ovary! We only bd once during my fertile time.. cause I didn't know I was fertile! I have my cd 8 u/s tomorrow- we will see what all is going on. Good luck tomorrow to you too!!
Thanks. I'm not optimistic though. I am having NO other signs of O. No EWCM, no soft cervix, etc. My lining is essentially non-existent as well, so even if we caught the egg it has no chance of implanting and being viable. I'm taking this as an educational cycle, I suppose. I'm really curious to see how this cycle evolves and when I actually O and when AF shows- when/if I get my typical O symptoms and where that actually is in my cycle. I mean, what if I've been O-ing this early every cycle and not getting O symptoms until CD20-25? What does that mean hormonally? I have a pretty heavy AF, so I'm building up lining at some point right? Maybe just not when I need to?

This is all so bizzare to me. I'm feeling like all my charting/tracking fertility signs has been totally and completely useless. :

Sorry- didn't mean to grumble at you Good luck at your u/s tomorrow too!
#64 of 134 Old 09-23-2008, 05:01 AM

My hand has been throbbing for the past week because of tendonitis. It wakes me up in the middle of the night and has me in tears. I have been wrapping it wih an ace bandage and taking Tylenol because I needed to take something. Tonight, I couldn't take it anymore and I took three ibuprofen. It feels so much better, but now I feel horrible and am in tears thinking I might have messed up any chance I would have had at conceiving this month. This sucks..........i'm at 4dpo. Does anyone know what ibuprofen can do to me at this stage of the game?

Voltige: I know it's not completely the same...but, I o'd on CD15 and still had EWCM on CD 18. ISn't it suppose to become dry right away? What was your lining at?

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#65 of 134 Old 09-23-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
My hand has been throbbing for the past week because of tendonitis. It wakes me up in the middle of the night and has me in tears. I have been wrapping it wih an ace bandage and taking Tylenol because I needed to take something. Tonight, I couldn't take it anymore and I took three ibuprofen. It feels so much better, but now I feel horrible and am in tears thinking I might have messed up any chance I would have had at conceiving this month. This sucks..........i'm at 4dpo. Does anyone know what ibuprofen can do to me at this stage of the game?

Voltige: I know it's not completely the same...but, I o'd on CD15 and still had EWCM on CD 18. ISn't it suppose to become dry right away? What was your lining at?
I doubt that ibuprofen will make the different in conceiving or not. I know it so hard, we try to do everything possible to maximize the odds, but sometimes you just need to take care of yourself.

Fwiw, I've been taking Motrin a few times a week for headaches. My RE never said anything about avoiding it, except for the week or so before my laparoscopoy. I'll try to remember to ask him today. Maybe there is something you could take by Rx from your doc that would be more effective against the pain? It sounds awful, I'm so sorry!

I didn't get a chance to ask for a specific number on my lining. I'll ask today. I suppose that would be a bit more informative, wouldn't it?
I usually have EWCM build up near O and then taper off- never abruptly really. I'm still dry, dry, dry.

I also took an OPK yesterday when I got home. Negative.
#66 of 134 Old 09-23-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I doubt that ibuprofen will make the different in conceiving or not. I know it so hard, we try to do everything possible to maximize the odds, but sometimes you just need to take care of yourself.

Fwiw, I've been taking Motrin a few times a week for headaches. My RE never said anything about avoiding it, except for the week or so before my laparoscopoy. I'll try to remember to ask him today. Maybe there is something you could take by Rx from your doc that would be more effective against the pain? It sounds awful, I'm so sorry!

I didn't get a chance to ask for a specific number on my lining. I'll ask today. I suppose that would be a bit more informative, wouldn't it?
I usually have EWCM build up near O and then taper off- never abruptly really. I'm still dry, dry, dry.

I also took an OPK yesterday when I got home. Negative.
Thanks Voltige: If you remember to ask about the ibuprofen, I would really appreciate it. Sorry I have to ask, because I am sure you already mentioned this........but, did you have a hard time conceiving DC#1?

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#67 of 134 Old 09-23-2008, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

I think they tell you not to take ibuprofen because it might thin the lining a bit, but realistically it probably isn't going to be That One Thing that makes the difference.

13dpo. Temp still high. The waiting is driving me insane. The doctor's office says to test Friday (16dpo) but I sort of want to wait till Sunday (18dpo). I figure if AF is going to show, she'll definitely show by then...

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#68 of 134 Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Thanks Voltige: If you remember to ask about the ibuprofen, I would really appreciate it. Sorry I have to ask, because I am sure you already mentioned this........but, did you have a hard time conceiving DC#1?
I'll ask if I remember- I should make a list. I have a lot of questions, but DS was making such a fuss yesterday I picked him up and carried him out screaming He hates going there and I don't blame him.

We had no trouble conceiving our son. It was actually a complete woops- knowing that not using protection once *could* result in a pregnancy but thinking it wasn't really likely. I still can't believe it's possible for that to happen the first time, and then be experiencing all these issues the 2nd time around. I don't think I've talked about this at all here because I know how difficult it is to hear about such stories.
#69 of 134 Old 09-23-2008, 01:30 PM

Okay, back from my RE visit. I'm feeling somewhat better about things at the moment. My "mature follicle" is actually the cyst that the RE was unable to remove during my laparoscopy. It's changed shape a bit, more rounded and less rough around the edges. Apparently it's exactly the size and shape of a mature follicle- but nothing else makes sense. My lining is at 5, my estradiol is at 50 I think- she said 200 is more reasonable for near O. One of the immature follicles on my left ovary grew slightly as well, so my RE agrees that I'm not near ovulation. I'm relieved and feel somewhat better- I DO know my body Now we'll see if I actually have a short LP, which is what I've been saying all along.

As for the Motrin/ibuprofen, the RE said it's fine to take (talking about me at this point in my cycle) right now. He said it can interfere with the actual release of the egg from the follicle during ovulation and to avoid it when O is near. After O is not a problem either. I hope that helps a bit!
#70 of 134 Old 09-23-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Okay, back from my RE visit. I'm feeling somewhat better about things at the moment. My "mature follicle" is actually the cyst that the RE was unable to remove during my laparoscopy. It's changed shape a bit, more rounded and less rough around the edges. Apparently it's exactly the size and shape of a mature follicle- but nothing else makes sense. My lining is at 5, my estradiol is at 50 I think- she said 200 is more reasonable for near O. One of the immature follicles on my left ovary grew slightly as well, so my RE agrees that I'm not near ovulation. I'm relieved and feel somewhat better- I DO know my body Now we'll see if I actually have a short LP, which is what I've been saying all along.

As for the Motrin/ibuprofen, the RE said it's fine to take (talking about me at this point in my cycle) right now. He said it can interfere with the actual release of the egg from the follicle during ovulation and to avoid it when O is near. After O is not a problem either. I hope that helps a bit!

Thanks so much for that info. It makes me feel better. Good to hear about your O status. Good luck this cycle!

#71 of 134 Old 09-23-2008, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

I'm totally crazy.

I don't want to go to bed, because I don't want to face a temp drop in the morning.

#72 of 134 Old 09-23-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
I'm totally crazy.

I don't want to go to bed, because I don't want to face a temp drop in the morning.
Oh songbird!!!

Your chart looks great! I know that doesn't mean anything after so many months of disappointment- but how are you feeling? Anything different?

I hope you are able to sleep once you do finally go to bed. When I expect a temp drop I can't sleep. . . and never know if the temp is actually valid or not. Sometimes I think I'm better off not temping after I know I ovulate

Peace mama. I hope I can : for you this cycle!
#73 of 134 Old 09-23-2008, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

I'm breaking out and I feel crampy - both AF symptoms. And of course I KNOW it doesn't mean ANYTHING. The rational half is battling the crazy half, and the crazy half is winning.

#74 of 134 Old 09-24-2008, 08:12 AM

Still looking good Songbird!
#75 of 134 Old 09-24-2008, 10:11 AM

Songbird- your chart looks great so far! Fingers crossed for you.

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#76 of 134 Old 09-24-2008, 05:29 PM

just back from my follicle study, this is the first time I am excited and not ready to have a meltdown!! It is the 1st time I have had more than one follicle!!! I have 3 follicles- 2 smallish ones on the left and a nice 17mm on the right! Dr seems to think if i get preg it will of the follie on the right, just b/c of how my left tube and ovary were doing my lap. If i have 3 babies my husband is gonna kill me!! I am pretty hopeful and anxious to ovulate.. i am sure in a couple of days I will be a wreck again!! On the downside, he says if I do ovulate off the left it will increaed chance of a tubal preg.. so we are going to have to monitor that closely.

songbird Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! I really really hope this is your month!!
#77 of 134 Old 09-24-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
just back from my follicle study, this is the first time I am excited and not ready to have a meltdown!! It is the 1st time I have had more than one follicle!!! I have 3 follicles- 2 smallish ones on the left and a nice 17mm on the right! Dr seems to think if i get preg it will of the follie on the right, just b/c of how my left tube and ovary were doing my lap. If i have 3 babies my husband is gonna kill me!! I am pretty hopeful and anxious to ovulate.. i am sure in a couple of days I will be a wreck again!! On the downside, he says if I do ovulate off the left it will increaed chance of a tubal preg.. so we are going to have to monitor that closely.
: Good luck this cycle!

When do you expect to ovulate? We are close to being cycle buddies
#78 of 134 Old 09-24-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
: Good luck this cycle!

When do you expect to ovulate? We are close to being cycle buddies

Dr seems to think I will ovulate either saturday or sunday. he said he will know a little bit more on friday after my repeat u/s. I O'd early last month... so we will see if that happens again this month. What day are you expecting to O?

I ordered the clearblue easy monitor, should be here tomorrow. I go back and forth b/n thinking if I get preg this month that will be a $175 wasted...but hell! if that is all it takes to get preg I would gladly give a perfect stranger $175 right now!! lol... what we will do after TTC for awhile!!
#79 of 134 Old 09-24-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Dr seems to think I will ovulate either saturday or sunday. he said he will know a little bit more on friday after my repeat u/s. I O'd early last month... so we will see if that happens again this month. What day are you expecting to O?

I ordered the clearblue easy monitor, should be here tomorrow. I go back and forth b/n thinking if I get preg this month that will be a $175 wasted...but hell! if that is all it takes to get preg I would gladly give a perfect stranger $175 right now!! lol... what we will do after TTC for awhile!!
I could O as early as Sunday, but probably more like mid-week next week. I'll know more as well on Friday. We'll see!

I hear you on the $175 I hope that's the magic you need
#80 of 134 Old 09-24-2008, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

I know! When I first started I didn't want to spend $10 on preseed and $25 on OPK's ... now I hand over $350 for an IUI without a second thought! Multiple months in a row!

It will be bedtime soon... and then another temp in the morning. I feel like I'm living in very exciting times!

#81 of 134 Old 09-25-2008, 03:17 AM

I got it!!!!!! My :::

I was feeling a bit off at work last week...slightly nauseous, weird fluttery feelings and pains in my lower regions. It was cd 29 so I was expecting AF any day but decided to test because I had not had the usual slight cramps and intense sugar cravings I usually get before AF arrives. The dollar store cheapie I used showed a faint line (this was about 6pm) then once I saw the faint line and showed DH, I brought out the big guns--Clearblue Easy Digital test...PREGNANT! :::

I'm due at the end of May! I'm hesitant to tell most people, but wanted to share the news with all of you.

Good luck to all of you!!!! Thank you so much for your support during the rough patches. I really appreciate everyone who shared their stories and I wish you the best. I will be checking up to see the future BFP's here.

cd.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif
Our dream come true, Chloe Aleksandra arrived on 9-10-10.
#82 of 134 Old 09-25-2008, 08:06 AM

Congratulations oregonduck!!! :::
#83 of 134 Old 09-25-2008, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

updated to here

Congratulations oregonduck! May you have a boring, uneventful pregnancy and a healthy baby!

Me: temp drop and AF this morning.

#84 of 134 Old 09-25-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:

s

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#85 of 134 Old 09-25-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
updated to here

Congratulations oregonduck! May you have a boring, uneventful pregnancy and a healthy baby!

its so frustrating!!
#86 of 134 Old 09-25-2008, 01:39 PM

Will you go ahead and add me here?

We had been trying since May 2007, conceived in July, and miscarried at 12 weeks. We do not have any insurance and money is so tight right now I had to go back to work the day after my m/c so no RE or IF treaments, just going to be : and hoping for the best for now. Just want to be around some people going through the same thing. I wish I didn't already know so many of you.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#87 of 134 Old 09-25-2008, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

you're added!

I hope you find the support you're looking for here. I feel more at home here than on the TTC board, and the ladies here always have great support. I don't know how people endured this stuff before the internet could bring us together.

I know a few people IRL who have PCOS. One is not interested in children. Another conceived her first month trying (and is now three months along). It's just so hard to be the only one struggling with this. And I don't want to compare problems, everyone has problems... but mine hurt too, you know?

#88 of 134 Old 09-25-2008, 02:15 PM

Welcome Rochelle- I'm so disappointed to hear of your MC. I hope that you have still been able to reflect on the experience even though you had to return to work so soon.

Congratulations Oregonduck!!! what great news for you.

AAM- it was strange but nice to not have to remember to take any drugs at the beginning of the cycle. We've returned to the avoiding method, but my willpower for avoiding at O time is weak. We'll see what happens.

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#89 of 134 Old 09-25-2008, 04:14 PM

songbird
#90 of 134 Old 09-25-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
Will you go ahead and add me here?

We had been trying since May 2007, conceived in July, and miscarried at 12 weeks. We do not have any insurance and money is so tight right now I had to go back to work the day after my m/c so no RE or IF treaments, just going to be : and hoping for the best for now. Just want to be around some people going through the same thing. I wish I didn't already know so many of you.
I am so sorry for your loss. I was looking thru some posts yesterday and saw your signature and it broke my heart for you. We are here for you!

Kim I was gonna ask why you were avoiding, but I remembered you were trying to avoid b/c of school. Good luck w/ that! When we took our "breaks" I always secretly hoped I had miscounted days!! I swear the only way to truly avoid TTC is to lock ourselves in a closet w/o a calendar!! lol

AAM follow up u/s tomorrow to see how much follies have grown. my friends think I am insane for having to go to dr's appt so many times a month. I like my dr, but I can't wait to only have to see him once a month (altho I will be high risk so I am sure he will make me go @ least 2 times a month)!! yay!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page