The SEPTEMBER Infertility ONE Thread! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 134 Old 09-29-2008, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Meadowmom: Did it take a long time for you to get into see Dr. Corfman?

Naturalmom: Thank you so much for that info. on the trigger shot. I had never thought of it that way. 12-36 hours is a big window. When we conceived DS, it was with a medicated cycle and trigger shot followed by an IUI. I remember taking the trigger shot on Saturday night and the IUI was on Monday morning at 9:30. The doctor I was using at the time, told us that we NEEDED to BD that night as well. I believe we did at 1:00 in the pm. I just thought I would give you that info. to know how the timing worked for us when we were actually able to conceive. What does MFI stand for?

Lola: That is frustrating!!!! You have a much better attitude about it than I would. I'm also sorry to hear about October and November being months with so much emotional stuff attached to them.

I had spotting on 7DPO and now last night I was feeling crampy as well as today while I was sitting in class. I'm not getting my hopes up because I have had these same strange symptoms before and then....the witch makes her presence known.

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#122 of 134 Old 09-29-2008, 09:54 PM

MFI means male factor infertility. On days like this, I like to insert other explicits in this acronym

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#123 of 134 Old 09-29-2008, 10:22 PM

Gumby, it took a month I think to get in to see him. I guess it would depend on what clinic. I had about a 45 minute consult with him, then 30 with his NP. He is very thorough and makes she you understand everything before you leave.

JenaMom to ds & dd Proud to
#124 of 134 Old 09-30-2008, 03:50 AM

To what extent does Dr. Corfman practice with infertility? Is he an RE?
I am a bit miffed at my clinic now, maye i will check him out.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#125 of 134 Old 09-30-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeadowMom View Post
Gumby, it took a month I think to get in to see him. I guess it would depend on what clinic. I had about a 45 minute consult with him, then 30 with his NP. He is very thorough and makes she you understand everything before you leave.

I'm calling today! I woke up to find more red spotting. With DS, we had this wonderful doctor who was careing, thorough and really made us feel hopeful. The guy we are dealing with now is a jerk who never touched my file before walking in and immediately started rattling off a bunch of statistics before even knowing what my exact situation was. I don't really care what other 33 year olds are able to do, I want to know what is wrong with me and what we can do to make it better. I just hope I can get in sooner vs later because I am extremely worried about having the next baby during the middle of my last semester of classed.

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#126 of 134 Old 09-30-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
To what extent does Dr. Corfman practice with infertility? Is he an RE?
I am a bit miffed at my clinic now, maye i will check him out.
Yes he is an RE. You can check out his website for more info. www.mcrh.com
He will be up in Duluth on the 9th.
I could tell he really spent time on my chart and history before I met him. He had 4 pages of notes he wrote from my chart. Spoke in detail with my OB about my Lap.
He has an awesome staff that works here at the clinic.

#127 of 134 Old 09-30-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
I'm calling today! I woke up to find more red spotting. With DS, we had this wonderful doctor who was careing, thorough and really made us feel hopeful. The guy we are dealing with now is a jerk who never touched my file before walking in and immediately started rattling off a bunch of statistics before even knowing what my exact situation was. I don't really care what other 33 year olds are able to do, I want to know what is wrong with me and what we can do to make it better. I just hope I can get in sooner vs later because I am extremely worried about having the next baby during the middle of my last semester of classed.
Hope you can get in to see him quickly!

#128 of 134 Old 10-01-2008, 08:48 AM

Still cycle tracking yesterday;

On Friday (CD15)- follie was 16mm, lining 7mm, estradiol 79 (I don't know units)
On Monday (CD18)- follie was 21mm, lining 11mm, estradiol 226 (again, units?)
On Tuesday (CD19)- follie 21.5mm, lining 10.5mm, no b/w results yet. I finally got a positive OPK at home though.

My RE was vague but said that the b/w indicated that I would not be ovulating properly. It seems to me that my lining is already deteriorating as well??

I was so discouraged I fought the tears the entire way home. I didn't have time to really talk with the doc, my DS makes visits challenging and I really just needed to get him OUT of there. I am hoping on Thursday I'll get a chance to really ask some of my questions (he will be in school)- like what are normal estradiol results? What is really going on? Am I making a follicle that then just sits there and does nothing? Is the egg compromised when it IS finally released? There is so much I don't understand. And why did I get my OPK yesterday?

I think I'm in an emotionally better place than I was yesterday, but damn this is stuff is hard to take sometimes.
#129 of 134 Old 10-01-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
MFI means male factor infertility. On days like this, I like to insert other explicits in this acronym

lol!! I hear ya!!

Voltige- I finally got a positive opk monday afternoon, and am pretty sure I ovulated either late monday night or early tuesday. I used a clearblue easy opk instead of the cheapie ones- and it makes ALL the difference in the world!! I could see the surge line show up immediately, prolly about 30 sec before the reference line was dark!! I am really glad I bought the clearblue easy monitor, next month there shouldn't be any "guess when I am going to ovulate!!"

so, here we go w/ the 2ww... feeling ok right now, we bd'd @ the appropriate times. I was nice and relaxed, not really having any anxiety or upset this month. but if my dr tells me to "chill" one more time, I am gonna have to smack him!!
#130 of 134 Old 10-01-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post

On Friday (CD15)- follie was 16mm, lining 7mm, estradiol 79 (I don't know units)
On Tuesday (CD19)- follie 21.5mm, lining 10.5mm, no b/w results yet. I finally got a positive OPK at home though.

My RE was vague but said that the b/w indicated that I would not be ovulating properly. It seems to me that my lining is already deteriorating as well??

I was so discouraged I fought the tears the entire way home. I didn't have time to really talk with the doc, my DS makes visits challenging and I really just needed to get him OUT of there. I am hoping on Thursday I'll get a chance to really ask some of my questions (he will be in school)- like what are normal estradiol results? What is really going on? Am I making a follicle that then just sits there and does nothing? Is the egg compromised when it IS finally released? There is so much I don't understand. And why did I get my OPK yesterday?

I think I'm in an emotionally better place than I was yesterday, but damn this is stuff is hard to take sometimes.
We either take DS when it's his nap time and he sleeps through the meeting or I have to leave DH at home and I go alone. I don't know how you do it......I would go crazy if my DS was there. It's hard enough to focus as it is. The question I have from what I am reading, is what makes the endometrium deterioate early? It sounds hormonal. I ask because I am wondering the same about me. I now am spotting a good 7 days before my period officially starts.......not normal.

#131 of 134 Old 10-01-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
We either take DS when it's his nap time and he sleeps through the meeting or I have to leave DH at home and I go alone. I don't know how you do it......I would go crazy if my DS was there. It's hard enough to focus as it is. The question I have from what I am reading, is what makes the endometrium deterioate early? It sounds hormonal. I ask because I am wondering the same about me. I now am spotting a good 7 days before my period officially starts.......not normal.
I don't have a choice. The RE is an hour away and DS only ever naps at home- not even in the car! He's recently 3 though- so he would never sleep through a meeting now anyway

My DH works 90 minutes away- he could never been here as often as I'm seeing the RE. I'd have to pay a sitter for 3 hours, minimum, and I just can't afford that on top of everything else is IF is costing. I guess I do it because I have to, you know?

I do hope to have a chance of a real discussion on Thursday when DS is in school. I have so many questions, about hormones, about my Hashi's, about what comes next, etc. Have you had any answers about your spotting 7DPO? This happened to me the last couple of cycles before my laparoscopy- but AF shows 10DPO reliably. I have not had enough cycles post-laparoscopy to know if I still have the spotting. Maybe I'll get some answers that will make sense to both of us by Thursday.

Oops. . I notice you said 7 days before AF, not 7DPO.
#132 of 134 Old 10-01-2008, 01:06 PM

Voltige- Wow, AF on Pod#10 sounds so like a luteal phase defect, esp in light of spotting early on. I understand your frustration with getting no answers. While IF is the most difficult journey we take, its left in the hands of docs who can forget or be unaware of the dailty impact IF has on us. This last appointment doc walked in the room calling me by a different pts name. Then she saw me and was like 'oh its you'. She proceded to rush through my chart, asked if she could go see another pt first (the one she had mistaken me for) Then she came in with the us, did the follicle study, said my follies were not growing, too bad, wait for AF, call is AF had not come my 6 weeks!!, and this isn't working, goodbye.. and I really liked her. She wants me to see another doc in her practice.

#133 of 134 Old 10-02-2008, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post

This all sounds normal to me. They look for estradiol above 200 for maturing eggs. My follicles get up to 23 mm before I get a surge, so 21.5 sounds fine too. If you got a pos OPK you'll ovulate soon.

And to everyone who needs it. It's so rough.

My mom had a long discussion with me about how I'm doing everything right except I need to pray more and really trust in and have faith in God that he's going to take care of this for me. And I asked her, "so are you telling me that all the women who try for 5 years, 10 years, and never conceive didn't pray hard enough? And she said, "I don't know" which makes me think that she DOES think it's their fault. And by extension, mine, if I don't conceive. THEN she said that maybe God is doing this so that I turn to him more. And I said, "it could just as easily have the opposite effect." Because if I had a friend who played nasty games with my life and my emotions so that they could support me more and be the hero, I wouldn't be friends with them for very long. I mean, that's insane.

I'm atheist, but if I did believe in God that conversation would make me feel so inadequate and worthless. It bothers me as it is, but at least I can tell myself that I don't share her beliefs so her opinions are not really relevant.

ETA: Here's the October thread!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...8#post12299448

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#134 of 134 Old 10-02-2008, 09:43 AM

Seems like it's been a rough go around for everyone lately. AF came for me this morning...... so I guess I O'd?? I don't know. It seems like my cycle was more "normal" before the Clomid. We have decided to definitely do the IUI this month. It will be our first. I am just afraid that I will miss my surge or not O like what happened this month, and our clinic is 3 hours away............too much stress!! I just keep thinking of my friend, who has TTC for 5 years, and just got her first BFP on her first round of Clomid, so I guess I will have a little faith for a little while longer.........

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page