Fall IVFs, summer 09 babies! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 251 Old 11-16-2008, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kristina - what does your resistance mean for your schedule? I hope all goes well at your next appt.

Kitty - how did your appt go? Lots of big follies? When will you have ER?

Pink - Funny enough, I am scheduled now for Wed too. I too am disappointed, but its only one more day, right? I have about 23 follies ranging from 22.5 to 11. They want me to stimm for one more night, then go in tomorrow for ANOTHER bw/sono appt. I look like a druggie! I have needle marks all over my stomach and in both arms.

Is anyone having trouble with weird feelings in the ovaries? I feel like there is just a lot of pressure there. I still haven't gotten completely rid of the cough, so everytime I get a fit, I feel like I have to hold my stomach or I am going to pee myself or something.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I guess I'm just getting anxious. Glad to know I'm not the only one though. I'm not sure how I will handle the 2ww! I'm going crazy just waiting for one more day.

Lots of baby dust to you all!

Married to DH (1/07) Failed IVF with ICSI (11/08) Weight Loss surgery (06/10) 1st BFP EVER!! (9/10) Due (6/11)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 251 Old 11-16-2008, 09:34 PM

Hey Texas,

I'm not sure how many follies I have (less than 23) but mine all range from about 15-22. You seem to be a lean, mean follie machine! I am having cramping on and off in the ovary area and am feeling a little like a human pin cushion right now. At least I am now over my fear of needles! I'm like, bring 'em on baby! Whereas before this process, I used cry and freak out at the thought of a needle, let alone three or four a day! And no, you are not the only one feeling anxious...I am scared, nervous, excited and according to DH a little on the crazy side these days. Oh well. He's been great. I really haven't lifted a finger since it all started. Tonight, he's making pizza for dinner while I rest on the couch.
#183 of 251 Old 11-16-2008, 09:53 PM

TexasHopeful- The resistance was known before I even got my protocal, so as far as schedule I don't think it will affect it. I will have 3 more sessions of acupuncture for a total of 8 in the last month, plus I will have accu. the day of ER, prior to transfer, and after transfer. Those will be done at the clinic, so not with my normal gal.

I spent the entire day "nesting" as my hubby calls it. Fixed the fence, installed new front and back doors, laundry, just busy work. My sisters hubby is in the ICU so I am trying to keep from obsessing with that as well.

And to top it all off my mom whom I love dearly (in very small doees) wants to come to the hotel were we will be staying for the transfer and hang out for a couple days so she can baby me. Mind you my Dr told me that I am going to be on bed rest for 2 days following transfer. Oh joy..:

Sorry about the little mini rant.

Hope everyone is doing great on this beautiful sunday. I have a feeling that this is our last nice on before the snow starts to fly.:

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#184 of 251 Old 11-16-2008, 09:55 PM

Oh and... have you all decided how many embryos you will be transferring back? If so, how did you come to your decision? We are really torn. I want to do as much as possible to have it work the first time around, but don't know if I can handle carrying twins and all of the stress that a twin pregnancy would bring. Your thoughts?
#185 of 251 Old 11-16-2008, 10:48 PM

Pinkfriend- We have been trying to figure this one out as well. For us we have decided to see what the quality of the blasts look like on transfer day. I think the big thing that led us to this decision is that we don't have anything that we know of that would prevent a pregnancy.
The reason we are doing IVF is because I have had one pregnancy that ended in a ruptured ectopic, so I lost that tube, and the other tube is blocked. The Dr doesn't seem to think that its going to be an issue as far as getting pregnant and staying pregnant. But of course all I can think of is the worst case scenario..

Twins would be a blessing, as would a singleton. The max we would do is 2, and hope for the best.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#186 of 251 Old 11-17-2008, 10:23 AM

Hi everyone!

Samanthasmom: I also looked pregnant during my IVF cycle. I couldn't even fit in any of my pants. I had to buy a pair of sweatpants that were stretchy to fit my belly into. They got 26 eggs at ER. It got worse after the retrieval. Good luck. : How are you finding the progesterone shots? They are my biggest fear with this cycle. Do you do them once or twice a day?

I started estrogen a few days ago to grow my lining. I have my u/s to check my lining on 11/26, and I hope it is good. :

Hi CrazyRunningMama! How is your cycle going???

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#187 of 251 Old 11-17-2008, 12:41 PM

Hey girls...

Just a quick update - I'm out. My RE oversuppressed me because of my previous OHSS with Clomid and this cycle I only produced 4 follicles. Oh, I am so pissed.

So, hopefully my e2 levels are good enough for my RE to convert this cycle into an IUI. If not, I have to wait until January to start cycling again. I'll find out this afternoon.

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
#188 of 251 Old 11-17-2008, 09:52 PM

Oh Leah... So sorry to hear that you've been over suppressed! It may be a blessing in disguise IF they can turn this into an IUI and you get a BFP without having to go through the whole IVF process... Keep us posted.

Kristina- Thanks! I think we've decided the same thing. Wait to see how the blasts are doing on transfer day and then decide for sure.

Hi Sri.. nice to hear from you! Its funny because I have about 14 follies all growing really well, but haven't been very bloated. I just feel really full and crampy but other than that, nothing has really changed in that area for me. I guess it's different for everyone.

I got the go ahead to finally trigger tonight and ER is scheduled for Wed, morning. Now if only I could get rid if this darn cold that I picked up from the munchkins at school! Arhg!
#189 of 251 Old 11-17-2008, 09:56 PM

I am so sorry Liams! That totally stinks! What did you find out this afternoon?

Pink - I am not sure how many we are going to transfer either. I'm thinking no more than 2, I just don't think I'm prepared for that risk. I guess it will depend on how good the embies look. Sorry I can't help more. Its funny how similar we are. I've had a cold from the kiddos at school too, and my ER will be Wed morning too. Strange hu!

Kristina - I had to laugh hysterically at your comment regarding your mom. Mine is exactly the same, but lives far enough away that they don't want to drive in for a 7am appt. (about 2 hours away) Good luck with everything!

Married to DH (1/07) Failed IVF with ICSI (11/08) Weight Loss surgery (06/10) 1st BFP EVER!! (9/10) Due (6/11)
#190 of 251 Old 11-17-2008, 09:57 PM

Hey Texas...My ER is Wednesday!
#191 of 251 Old 11-18-2008, 12:03 AM

Texas- The bad thing with my mom is that we live about 9 hours apart right now, but all of my IVF is happenening about 3 hours from where they live, so she would be willing to come and visit. I have had to lie about the timing of stuff so she isn't constantly asking questions.

LiamsMommy-Sorry to hear about your oversuppresion. When will you find out about IUI?

Pink- Good luck on Wed

AFM just waiting for my withdrawal, last BCP was Friday, Starting stims on Sat and super excited. I have acu tomorrow and thursday, my suppresoin U/S is on thursday as well. Its at 8 am so we have to leave the house at 4..ewww

Hope everyones monday went well.

#192 of 251 Old 11-19-2008, 04:15 PM

Hi Ladies...
Just got home from the clinic and the ER is all done. Thank goodness! We had 19 eggs retrieved. I'm having a bit of cramping now, but other than that, the whole process wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Texas- I hope your ER went well too.

For all you ladies stimming and waiting for ER--its not that bad! If I can make it through you can too!

A big hello to everyone! Off to watch soaps and relax for the rest of the day!
#193 of 251 Old 11-19-2008, 04:55 PM

Well ladies, I am back from ER. I only got 17 eggs, which is a little disappointing considering I had about 23 follies. Anyway, I am really sleepy and cramping some, but otherwise doing okay. Will find out how many fertilize tomorrow. Good luck to everyone, I'm back off to bed!

Pink - glad to hear everything went well for you today. I said a prayer for all of us this morning before we went in. Hope to hear you have lots fertilize!

Does anyone know how many eggs usually fertilize when using iCSI? I know everyone is different, but I am getting really nervous!

#194 of 251 Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM

Texas... Congrats on your 17 eggs!
I have read that with ICSI there is about an 80% fertilization rate. But, like you said, every situation is different!

Take care.
#195 of 251 Old 11-20-2008, 02:35 PM

So I am so very depressed! We just got our fert report, and only 4 fertilized out of 17! They said it was possible for 6 others, which doesn't make sense to me! Also, they changed us from a 5 day to a 3 day. How do they make that decision? I am so confused and sad. I have broken down at work a couple of times already. I just want to go home and cry!!! Transfer looks like it will be Sat. now, which was supposed to be one of my family thanksgivings. ARRGG!!!! I am still cramping and sore from yesterday, things just don't seem to be going well at this point now.

Sorry for the rant, I hope things are going better for all of you.

#196 of 251 Old 11-20-2008, 10:37 PM

Oh Texas... I am so sorry that things aren't going as well as you would've liked. However, four healthy and strong embies can be a really good thing. You were thinking of transferring just one or two at the most right? I will pray for them each day.

I too have been crampy and bloated. Our fertilization report came back pretty good. 17 out of 19 eggs were mature and 16 out of the 17 fertilized as of this morning. DH and I are really happy, but it still seems like there is such a long road ahead. Oh well.

Hope everyone else is doing fine.

Please take care of yourself Texas... I'll be thinking of you.
#197 of 251 Old 11-20-2008, 11:52 PM

Texas, I am so sorry that you only had 4 fertilize. Now that they have changed you to a 3 day transfer are they going to transfer more embies? The six other, could those just be slower growers? Take care of yourself.

Pink- those are some numbers to be happy about.

AFM I had my supression bloodwork and U/S this morning. The only nice thing about it being 3.5 hours away one way is that by the time I get home the clinic has the results, and they are on my answering machine. I got my go ahead to start stims on Sat. I am excited but scared for DH as he needs smelling salts when he has blood drawn, so I am not sure how he is going to handle doing the injections.

Hope everyone is doing good, and remember to take care of yourselfs.

#198 of 251 Old 11-21-2008, 08:58 AM

Texas: Many clinics only do 5 day transfers if they have closer to 10 embies to work with. The theory is that during 5 days many embies will not make it to blast in an unnatural environment. So if you start with 10 and lose half or a little more it isn't a big deal. But if you only have 4 and lose all 4, then you have nothing to transfer. Also my clinic generally does 3 days and they told me there is no conclusive evidence that 5 days is better than 3. They have a very good success rate with 3 days.

So please don't be upset! I know this is such a rollercoaster!

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#199 of 251 Old 11-22-2008, 12:52 PM

Texas-Did you have your transfer today? How is everything going?

Pink- how is everything going?

I hope every one else is doing good.

I woke up this morning early so that I could do my first injection of stims(repronex). Suprisingly it did hurt like I thought it would. It didn't hurt at all. Just a little drop of blood, and thats it. I counted on my calender and until a BFP or BFN I have 42 injections left, and I have already done 13. I am going to be a pro when this is over

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

#200 of 251 Old 11-22-2008, 03:04 PM

Hi all!

Texas... I hope your transfer goes well today. Let us know how you are doing!

Kristina... I did the same thing and counted how many injections I had left almost each day! I can't believe I don't have to do them anymore. It all goes really fast and seems like a blur! You'll be all done before you know it.

Sri- how come you didn't make it to the ET last time around? I think I remember reading why back then, but forgot. Just curious.

I went to work the day after my ER and think I over did it, because I was in more pain yesterday so just took the day off. I still feel crampy, bloated and a little gassy (sorry TMI). As of yesterday, we had 15 embryos that divided and twelve of those were graded as excellent quality and three were a little less than that. We are still waiting for the call with today's update.

Hope everyone else is doing well... we sure have quieted down! Keep us posted!
#201 of 251 Old 11-22-2008, 05:12 PM

Thanks to everyone for all of the support. We had 2 Grade 1A (the best you can have) embies transfered. After the procedure, I had to pee so badly I started tearing up. They brought me a bedpan, and when they went to remove it, they spilled it on the bed. EWWWW! So I had to lay there for 1/2 hour in my own urine. Sorry if that is TMI! They did lay down some sheets and such so I didn't feel it though. I am feeling a little crampy, but DH is taking great care of me. I hope all is going well with all of you! Best of luck! Wishing for a BFP, and off to the 2ww! Beta will be 12/3.

#202 of 251 Old 11-22-2008, 11:35 PM

Hey y'all. I haven't been following this thread very closely, but just wanted to send : out there to everyone. I am on the run up to a FET and I feel weird at how few meds I'm taking, like I stop and think once in a while "did I miss shot, should I be taking a pill right now?" I can tell AF will start today or tomorrow and then I get my schedule for when to start estrace, then two weeks later go for an ultrasound, then.... plan ET. And wait. And Christmas..... Sigh.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#203 of 251 Old 11-23-2008, 01:12 AM

sorry i haven't been around. trying to keep my mind off things during my 2ww. of course that didn't work, so i caved in and did 4 hpt's. 2 regular and 2 digital. and they all said BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
my blood test is on monday....

my only advice is to take it easy, take care of yourself. let the housework go! relax....and drink alot of gatoraide! it really helped with my ohss. now that i am prego i finally don't look it. i'm sure that will keep everyone guessing at work!

+++++++++ thought to everyone!
#204 of 251 Old 11-24-2008, 12:07 AM

Hey Samanthasmom... Congratulations on your hard earned BFP (trust me, I know!).:: I hope that Texas, CRM, Kristina and myself are able to join you soon!

Texas- Glad to hear your ET went well and that you had some fabulous embies to transfer! Baby dust to you!

CRM- Thanks for the baby dust and right back at ya!

I am all set for my transfer tomorrow.. I can't wait. I am really thinking this is going to be it ladies!

Have a great night!
#205 of 251 Old 11-24-2008, 01:36 AM

first off, congratulations samanthas mom and good luck to everyone else!

i am a fellow TTC'er who will be starting the IVF process in 3 weeks.

my question is to the fellow teachers...how much time did you/are you taking off for ER and ET? would you recommend 2 days for ER (day of and day after) and 3 days for ET (day of and 2 days after)? is this too much, too little or just right? (even if you aren't a teacher please feel free to offer advice.)

i teach first grade to a group of high energy/very challenging students and i am trying to predict how much time i should take off. i want to make sure i don't go back to work too soon.

thanks for the information and i look forward to hearing about all of your BFP's!!!!!
#206 of 251 Old 11-24-2008, 03:56 AM

It has not happened for me yet, but I plan on taking 3 days for ER day before and after, and 5 days for ET day before and 3 after.My clinic requires 2 days bed rest after ET. We live about 8 hours from our clinic so we have a day travel time in addition to everything else. I am a bank teller so I am on my feet all day long so I don't want to over do it.

I would imagine as a teacher there is alot of up down, round and round, so you might be a bit sensitive to go back right away.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Started my sitms on Sat and really don't feel any different. My tummy hurts a bit from the Repronex injection, but this to shall pass.

#207 of 251 Old 11-24-2008, 02:24 PM

I am a school teacher to special needs high schoolers, and I frequently have to push wheelchairs and get up and down quite a bit. I only took the one day for ER, and was a little sore, but managed. I had retrieval on Saturday, and have taken off Mon and Tues (before the holidays) to rest. I think I may actually get out of the house today as I am going a little stir crazy sitting here all the time. I just keep reminding myself that it is all going to be worth it. If you have to choose when to take extra time, I would do it after the ET.

So we heard back from embryologist today, and it doesn't look like we are going to have any to freeze, so it looks like this could be it for us. I just keep praying and talking to my belly telling them to hold on tight!

Anyway, so I have a question. When does implantation occur with a 3dt? I have tried to do some research, but have not had much luck. I have been crampy since the ET, and I wasn't sure if that was a good sign or not.

Wishing everyone here the best of luck, and try to update when you can!

#208 of 251 Old 11-24-2008, 05:55 PM

Hi everyone,

We had our transfer today and transferred one AA embryo. The embryologist said that it is a perfect embryo...the type she doesn't see very often :.

Snowbell..I took the day of ER off and then went back to work the next day and was really sore. So I took the next day off to heal and really needed it! I am off today (day of ET) and tomorrow and will be going back to work on Wednesday. Hope that helps!
#209 of 251 Old 11-25-2008, 11:24 AM

Congrats on the ET pinkfirend.

Just a quick question for all you who have BTDT. Did your stomach muscles hurt like you have been doing stomach crunches? Mine have been that way for 2 days now. Hurts to laugh, cough, sneeze, ssit up from lying down. I am doing all three injections in my stomach (repronex, gonal-f, and lupron) They are all sub-q injections, so I don't get why it hurts. Maybe just coincidence??

Hope everyone is doing good. I go for my first u/s today so I can't wait to see how many follies I have.

#210 of 251 Old 11-25-2008, 10:38 PM

Kristina,
I didn't really have the type of sensations that you are describing. I just felt bloated and a little sore at the injection site. My guess is, everyone is different and what you are feeling is probably pretty normal.

Samanthasmom- Hope your blood draw confirmed your HPTs yesterday!

Texas- What have you been up to? I think the worst part of this whole process might just be the bedrest! Man, am I sick of daytime television!
Can't wait to get to work tomorrow (I will be taking it very easy though).

How's everyone else?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page