Fall IVFs, summer 09 babies! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 251 Old 09-17-2008, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,
I thought it was time to start an IVF thread for those of us starting IVF cycles this fall. Of course we welcome those who've recently done IVF cycles, those thinking about doing them, lucky graduates, etc. Here we can discuss our protocols, our reactions to the medications, our fears and hopes, our coping strategies, and hopefully our positive pregnancy tests!

I'll start. Our target date is 11/22 for egg retrieval, 11/25 embryo transfer.
lupron starting 10/27
injectables 11/10 (follistim and repronex)

Who will join me?
#2 of 251 Old 09-17-2008, 07:39 PM

Me! I'm in for October/November.

We have our first IVF consult tomorrow...then we get our protocol shortly thereafter.

DH is part of the AIG fiasco so hopefully we'll still have the same insurance in October and it will still cover our IF meds. :

Looks like we'll be cycling together, bio. We're using this cycle as a last-ditch effort. I can't WAIT!

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
#3 of 251 Old 09-17-2008, 10:52 PM

Hi Ladies,

I just had my sonohystogram this afternoon and everything looks great. We have MF infertility because DH had cancer two years ago and the chemo has left him with very little sperm. I haven't gotten my protocol yet. My next af is due around Oct. 8...I guess I'll be starting BCPs then, lupron shortly after until my next af. Does that sound right? If so, my ER will be very close to yours Bio...I think? I hope to get some dates soon. Thanks for starting this thread!
#4 of 251 Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 PM

Hi ladies, so glad to see this thread! I started Lupron on Fri 9/12 and will start Bravelle and Menopur tonight. Estimated retrieval 10/1 with transfer a few days later. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Lisa ~ wife to Daniel ~ mama to Claire, born July 2009 (IVF baby!)
#5 of 251 Old 09-17-2008, 11:09 PM

I'm set up for an FET Oct 1st. This is my first FET. I'm a three time IVF vet.
I've started my Lupron, my E2V injections and had my baseline on Monday. We have 4 six day embryo's and 3 three dayers.

Glad to meet everyone!!
#6 of 251 Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 AM

Hello all! I'm not really glad to be here, but glad to have some women to share the journey with.

I'll start BCP's on day 3 of my next menstrual cycle which should start next week. If all goes well, ER and ET should be the last week of November. Meaning that I don't get to go home for Thanksgiving, BOO! This is my second IVF.

DS 31/01/10, TTC #2
#7 of 251 Old 09-18-2008, 03:59 PM

hi everyone! glad to have found this group!

DP and i have been ttc since April 2007 and are moving on to our first IVF cycle. ive been on lupron since 9/10. had my suppression check this morning and got the green light to start stimming. ill begin gonal-f tomorrow night. back to the RE monday morning for more bloodwork. if that looks okay, ill add menopur monday evening. u/s and bloodwork every other day after that until ER. im very excited to be starting, at last!
#8 of 251 Old 09-19-2008, 05:00 AM

Hi everyone! This will also be my first IVF. Meds are schedueld to arrive on saturday. I'm still waiting for a schedule of when to start them from the clinic.

we're shooting for October/Nov. transfer

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#9 of 251 Old 09-19-2008, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillywiggins View Post
We have 4 six day embryo's and 3 three dayers.

Glad to meet everyone!!
Glad to meet you too! May one of those beautiful embies make you a baby or three:

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#10 of 251 Old 09-19-2008, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeecharmer View Post
hi everyone! glad to have found this group!

DP and i have been ttc since April 2007 and are moving on to our first IVF cycle. ive been on lupron since 9/10. had my suppression check this morning and got the green light to start stimming. ill begin gonal-f tomorrow night. back to the RE monday morning for more bloodwork. if that looks okay, ill add menopur monday evening. u/s and bloodwork every other day after that until ER. im very excited to be starting, at last!
nice to meet you too. Congrats on getting the green light! that is one hurdle passed.

#11 of 251 Old 09-19-2008, 05:09 AM

Bio great idea beginning a thread. Good luck to you!

Stealth, I'm glad for this group too! is it really so bad to get out of traveling?

Elizabeth, congrats on having a schedule! how exciting

Pink freind, how are you feeling? When I had mine (hysteroscopy) I feel really balh for 1-3 days afterward.

Liams, goodluck! I'm sorry for the uncertainty right now, I hope you insurance stays the same.

#12 of 251 Old 09-19-2008, 08:00 PM

Hey Rockies...I feel ok. I actually feel kind of proud of myself that I was so brave through the sonohystogram...first hurdle DONE! I am a real chicken when it comes to needles or any kind of medical procedures since I have been perfectly healthy my whole life. Never been admitted to the hospital or even had to make a visit to the emergency room for anything!!!!! I've just been feeling a little crampy. Is anyone else feeling a little scared about what's coming in the weeks and months ahead? I am really nervous about the ER day...how much is it going to hurt?
#13 of 251 Old 09-21-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfriend View Post
Hey Rockies...I feel ok. I actually feel kind of proud of myself that I was so brave through the sonohystogram...first hurdle DONE! I am a real chicken when it comes to needles or any kind of medical procedures since I have been perfectly healthy my whole life. Never been admitted to the hospital or even had to make a visit to the emergency room for anything!!!!! I've just been feeling a little crampy. Is anyone else feeling a little scared about what's coming in the weeks and months ahead? I am really nervous about the ER day...how much is it going to hurt?
Yeah, I feel the same it's all a very surreal world!! : I think other then the self administered needles the worst is over. ER is going to be a different experience, but you'll make it. I imagine you'll be so focused on the larger picture that it won't be too uncomfortable.

#14 of 251 Old 09-22-2008, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

hey everyone,
nice to see we have so much company here! I got my IVF packet in the mail today, and we gave our deposit for a late Nov. target date for ER, so it's real! I'm so excited.

I am happy that some of you are scheduled so soon, because I can learn from you! Though I'm a bit jealous I have to wait so long... but Leah, it looks like we will be pretty well synced up! I'm hoping this cycle will be a shocker and we'll get pg with no ART whatsoever. But I know that isn't likely...

ok, more later. GL everyone!
#15 of 251 Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 PM

Hey Bio,
My ER is scheduled for 11/22 and transfer for 11/25...if all goes well. Seems as though we might be totally in sync!
#16 of 251 Old 09-23-2008, 08:45 AM

Hi everybody, just checking in. Started the Bravelle and Menopur Wednesday night, still on Lupron in the mornings. I'm getting monster headaches most days. Went for blood work and ultrasound on Sunday (7am!!!) and the follicles weren't moving along as fast as the doc would like so he moved me from 3 Bravelles a night to 5. Next appt for blood work and ultrasound on Wednesday, hope to see a little progress then. Hope you are all doing well!

Cheers, Lisa

#17 of 251 Old 09-24-2008, 09:51 AM

Hi everyone...

I'm having my trial transfer and uterine mapping this morning and hopefully I'll get my protocol as well...will check in and do personals later!

#18 of 251 Old 09-24-2008, 04:26 PM

Good luck Liamsmom! Let us know how it goes!
#19 of 251 Old 09-24-2008, 05:35 PM

Hi ladies!

So, I had my trial transfer and uterine mapping today...it took all of 5 minutes. No joke. So glad I traveled an hour to the RE's office for a 5 minute visit. :

Anyway, he told me that this will be an easy transfer based on the positioning of my uterus and the fact that all my IUIs were relatively simple. We have our 1B appointment next Tuesday to discuss our protocol and any other questions we may have...and we have a MILLION! I asked about our bloodwork and the nurse said that everything looks perfect. Very exciting.

Bio, rockies, & pink: I think we are TOTALLY synced up for our October/November IVF. Yay! : I am thinking he's going to put me on Ganirelix in mid-October because he mentioned in passing that he'd rather not put me on BCPs. Eh...things can change, though.

Lisa - Good luck with the increased dose of Bravelle! Did you have an u/s today?

#20 of 251 Old 09-24-2008, 06:38 PM

Hi ladies!

Lisa - how did your ultrasound go??? how many follies did they see at the first one (compared to today)?

Leah - glad to hear your trial transfer went well. i did mine on the same day as the hydrosonogram and the whole thing was a nightmare. i was at my RE's office for over two hours (and in stirrups for *way* too much of that time!). im hoping they worked out all the problems & the transfer will be okay. are you planning to start bcps with your next cycle?

AFM - had my first ultrasound since starting the stims last friday. they saw 4 follies in the 12-13mm range, 8 in the 11-12mm range, and 7 more that were less than 10mm. im staying on the same dosage of meds & going back friday for another ultrasound & more bloodwork. the RE said I might be triggering as soon as this weekend! keeping fx those little ones catch up quickly!

waving to everyone else!

-sarah
#21 of 251 Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM

Hey Leah,

Why no BCPs??
#22 of 251 Old 09-25-2008, 09:13 AM

Good morning! I did have an u/s yesterday, and there were several follicles on each side of varying sizes, although none were more than 9mm yet. The doc seemed pleased with the progress since the previous appt - he left me on 5 Bravelles and said that on my Sunday appt we might be able to set a retrieval date! And, thank GOD, the headaches have lessened considerably. Thank you for asking, ladies.

Leah - glad to hear the trial transfer went well!

Sarah - yay for lots of big follicles! I've got my fingers crossed with you.

Quote:
Is anyone else feeling a little scared about what's coming in the weeks and months ahead? I am really nervous about the ER day...how much is it going to hurt?
Pinkfriend - Yes, I have been, although I'm calmer now. I wasn't worried so much about the retrieval - that could change in a few days, though! - but about the shots. "I have to take at least two shots a day? And get a blood stick every three days? Are you nuts????" But, while the first few days of the Bravelle and Menopur shots were bad, they've gotten better. A person can get used to almost anything, I guess. So far the worst part was the hysterosalpingogram I had in June to confirm that tubes weren't blocked. That was not the most fun twenty minutes I've ever spent! Anyway, you will get through it, and we'll be here to talk it out if you need us!

Rockies5 - did you get meds start date from your doc?

Have a good day, everybody! Cheers, Lisa

#23 of 251 Old 09-26-2008, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamsMommy31905 View Post
Hi ladies!

So, I had my trial transfer and uterine mapping today...it took all of 5 minutes. No joke. So glad I traveled an hour to the RE's office for a 5 minute visit. :

Anyway, he told me that this will be an easy transfer based on the positioning of my uterus and the fact that all my IUIs were relatively simple. We have our 1B appointment next Tuesday to discuss our protocol and any other questions we may have...and we have a MILLION! I asked about our bloodwork and the nurse said that everything looks perfect. Very exciting.

Bio, rockies, & pink: I think we are TOTALLY synced up for our October/November IVF. Yay! : I am thinking he's going to put me on Ganirelix in mid-October because he mentioned in passing that he'd rather not put me on BCPs. Eh...things can change, though.

Lisa - Good luck with the increased dose of Bravelle! Did you have an u/s today?
Glad it went so well for you dearie!

I agree we are synched up!!

My af just began and I will start meds on Monday! This is a mock cycle to see how things go (my first forray into IVF i've never taken anything but BCP before!) then we seem to be looking at a mid November transfer (I hope).

Oh ignore me. I'm talking out of my rear again.

I'm just so excited AF arrived on time and the nurse is going to mail me my med scheduel tomorrow!

OOP!:

#24 of 251 Old 09-26-2008, 03:07 PM

I'm set to go October 1st for my FET. Started my heparin last night and triggered this morning.

Lisa: Let us know how it goes the next day or two. Hopefully you get your ER on Sunday.

Here's my "injection story" for the day. I had to do my estrogen IM last night. DH has been doing them and on Monday he really tried to push it in faster and it kinda hurt. Last night I said "push it in slower this time". So what does he do?????? Puts the IM syringe in slow. I think he got it about 1/4 of the way in before I jumped about a foot forward.
I said what in the world did you do? His response "well you told me to push it in slower" UH YEAH! I MEANT THE MEDICINE NOT THE NEEDLE.
He said I should have been more specific and I said he should have clarified if he was confused.
#25 of 251 Old 09-26-2008, 03:33 PM

Lisa - sounds like you've got lots of nice follies underway. cant wait to hear the results of your u/s on sunday!

Rockie - how exciting to be starting!! have you received the med schedule yet? do you know when you'll be starting stims?

Pilly - OUCH! your story gave my sympathy pains! i havent gotten to the IM injections yet - are they bad (when done quickly) ? i think i am dreading those more than the ER/ET!

AFM - had another u/s this morning. looks like we've got 10 follies above 10mm and another 27(!) that are less than 10mm. im continuing on the stims and going back sunday for another u/s and bw. this morning, the RE guessed retrieval would be tues or weds! im hoping some of those tiny follies catch up by then!

hope everyone has a nice weekend,

sarah
#26 of 251 Old 09-26-2008, 07:10 PM

Sarah, I absolutely hate IM shots. It's not that they hurt, it's the fact that I've had my sciatic nerve hit a couple times before so it's more paranoid than anything. IF they are done fast, it's just like doing a sub-q. The needles are intimidating and the fact that DH is not a professional doing them freaks me out............AND YAY!!! FOR THE FOLLIES!!! You have some awesome numbers there. I usually get around 20-30 eggs retrieved when I do a fresh.

Rockie: YAY!!!! for your cycle starting. Give us a rundown on your meds when you get them!!
#27 of 251 Old 09-26-2008, 10:19 PM

Isnt' this all exciting! ER's, ET's, stims, starting BCP's!! Its great! Thank goodness for modern medicine.
I'm hosting a baby shower this weekend and am having such a great time planning it because I KNOW next year at this time, I'll have a little one too!!!

Have a nice weekend everyone!
#28 of 251 Old 09-28-2008, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

hi girls,
hope everyone's weekend was sunny and fun. Mine was pretty good. We had our last non-IVF cycle ovulation for a while, I imagine. So I'm actually starting my 2ww before the bcp start, unless of course the unlikely possibility that we have a pregnancy interferes with our IVF plans! I wish!

My bcp prescription is for desogen. Anyone been on that one? I haven't been on the pill since college, back when I was on lo-ovral.

how is everyone ? how was the baby shower pinkfriend?
#29 of 251 Old 09-29-2008, 12:27 AM

Hey Bio,

The shower went really well! We had a great time. I too had a pretty good weekend, lots of sunshine where I live so it was beautiful.
#30 of 251 Old 09-29-2008, 11:46 AM

Hey ladies!
Hope everyone's weekend was great...we had torrential rains all weekend! Blah.

Quick drive-by post from me. I had some pretty significant bleeding yesterday which completely scared me (I'm only CD 13 today.) We BD'ed last night since it's almost O time and I bled after that too...how romantic. Called my RE and he doesn't seem all that concerned. He sent me for bloodwork this morning...hopefully we can determine what the deal is. He thinks I'm ovulating and it's causing a fluctuation in hormones which is causing a bleed. However, I usually get headaches right before I ovulate and I haven't had one yet. I'm wondering if it's a polyp. That would just make my whole flippin' day...we'd have to cancel the IVF cycle.

I'm a worrier...can you tell?

Hopefully I'll have blood results by this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

xoxo
Leah

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page