October IUIs - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

#91 of 107 Old 10-28-2008, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbarr1174 View Post
Well, it is a week later from my IUI, and yesterday morning I had my blood drawn. The results came back and my progesterone (for day 22 of my cycle) is 134.5. What does that mean? I'm supposed to return to the dr's office Nov. 3 for my next blood test: a pregnancy test. I'm dreading it. I'm afraid to hope...

Masel - Glad you had a great weekend at the B&B. Love B&Bs. So romantic. All of us could probably use a nice B&B mini-vacation.
That sounds really high! I don't know that much about it, but I'd suspect a multiple pregnancy from that number alone (unless you're on super intense progesterone supplements or something). How many follicles did you have at the time of IUI? :

natrualmom. I'm so sorry.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 107 Old 10-28-2008, 05:06 PM

naturalmom - so sorry about AF

lexbeach - I was on 100 mg of clomid this cycle, so maybe that would kick my progesterone really high. I had three follicles on the verge of ovulating (out of a total of seven follicles) when I had my u/s on day 13. I took my trigger shot on day 14 in the evening as per dr.'s order, with IUI on day 14 & 15. I'm just hoping this is a good sign, that maybe this time, after 2 1/2 years of trying... maybe I'm just reading into this a bit much. Oh, I'm not on any progesterone supplements.
#93 of 107 Old 10-29-2008, 11:23 AM

those progesterone #'s sounds promising to me! Fingers crossed, mama!

Well, after a cycle off from IUI I'm back. IUI #2 with 100mg chlomid and 5000 then 2500 of hcg.

Sigh . . .it was so nice to be off the drugs in October. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to take them (although I really really want to keep from getting my hopes up too high this month, the last IUI cycle was DEVASTATING).

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#94 of 107 Old 10-29-2008, 10:07 PM

naturalmom so sorry about the dreaded af. Seems to be worse than the grim reaper when it comes.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#95 of 107 Old 10-29-2008, 11:00 PM

JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE,IT SEEMS TO BE SO TRUE.

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#96 of 107 Old 10-30-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
BFN: AF is here

Oh no . . . I am so sorry.

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#97 of 107 Old 10-30-2008, 12:24 PM

I got a postive on my OPK today. After my last post the ovulation signs started showing up like crazy. My cervix has never been quite this soft before and the CM is really stretchy. The IUI is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunatly my regular doc is out tomorrow so someone else in the practice will do the procedure. My doc had said she wouldn't charge her portion of the office visit since my MIL works there. I hope this dr will go along with this.
#98 of 107 Old 10-30-2008, 10:00 PM

Good luck masel.

#99 of 107 Old 10-31-2008, 12:12 PM

I had my first IUIs last Thursday and Friday and have a question. It's a week later, and I'm not noticing any pregnancy symptoms. Does that mean it didn't work, or can you not have any symptoms at all during the 2ww and still be pregnant? The only thing I noticed was some cramping a couple of days ago, but it only lasted one day and then was gone. Nothing since then and I'm feeling as though it likely didn't work.
#100 of 107 Old 10-31-2008, 01:02 PM

Somewhere is a board where they had women listed very pregnancy symptoms. I think I had googled "early pregnancy symptoms" and their responses were all over the place from absolutely nothing to immediatly "knowing". A lot said that they were sure they were about to get their period the symptoms were so similar. I say "Don't worry!". Of course, give me 10 days I'll be freaking out too.
#101 of 107 Old 10-31-2008, 01:32 PM

no you didn't alarm me naturalmom.
#102 of 107 Old 10-31-2008, 02:06 PM

Thanks Masel. I'm climbing the walls with this 2ww thing.
#103 of 107 Old 11-01-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 View Post
I had my first IUIs last Thursday and Friday and have a question. It's a week later, and I'm not noticing any pregnancy symptoms. Does that mean it didn't work, or can you not have any symptoms at all during the 2ww and still be pregnant? The only thing I noticed was some cramping a couple of days ago, but it only lasted one day and then was gone. Nothing since then and I'm feeling as though it likely didn't work.
Daisy Mae - I wouldn't worry about not noticing any symptoms. You may be the lucky pregnant woman who feels fantastic with no sore breasts or morning sickness. I'm crossing my fingers for you! : I hate the 2ww. My 2ww is almost over (this coming Monday). I'm going nuts. I'm driving my dh nuts.
#104 of 107 Old 11-01-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbarr1174 View Post
Daisy Mae - I wouldn't worry about not noticing any symptoms. You may be the lucky pregnant woman who feels fantastic with no sore breasts or morning sickness. I'm crossing my fingers for you! : I hate the 2ww. My 2ww is almost over (this coming Monday). I'm going nuts. I'm driving my dh nuts.

I'll be thinking about you on Monday kjbarr! When I told my mother I was concerned about not feeling anything yet, she reminded me about those women that don't know they're pregnant until they sit down and give birth on the toilet in a public restroom. Ha ha! I got a good chuckle out of that. I'm going nuts as well, but I think DH prefers this kind of nuts to the Clomid kind of nuts (absolute hysteria) that was going on a couple weeks ago. Thanks for the reassurance!
#105 of 107 Old 11-04-2008, 10:59 PM

Well i'm out. af is here.

#106 of 107 Old 11-05-2008, 12:31 AM

So sorry Momtoalexis. Just awful.
#107 of 107 Old 11-07-2008, 12:58 PM

Just came back from re. No good news, he says there is a cyst on my right ovary probally from all the meds. Anyone have this due to clomid. Says we will have to skip this month and the cyst should go away on it's own(99% of the time), he won't due iui with no meds. So we decided to just wait till after the holidays to go back for one more iui then on to invitro. Good luck to everyone else.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page