The OCTOBER Infertility ONE Thread! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 259 Old 10-30-2008, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wtg4miracle: this is the website I used to prepare for the initial RE consult.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#242 of 259 Old 10-30-2008, 01:42 PM

Lola- I'm sorry.

Songbird- YAY!! : That is a great number!!

Wtg4miracle- Good luck tomorrow! Try to relax, write down all your questions, take something to read while you wait. Keep us posted!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#243 of 259 Old 10-30-2008, 02:39 PM

Songbird That sucks! When did they say they will do your first ultrasound?
#244 of 259 Old 10-30-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
LibbyLou, I am not moving myself to the graduates yet. I want to see a heartbeat first. So youll have to do it for me.
I completely understand...whenever you're ready.

By the way, I'm super excited for you!!!!!! : : :

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#245 of 259 Old 10-30-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
wtg4miracle: this is the website I used to prepare for the initial RE consult.
Thanks so much for the website. Great quuestions to ask. I have been really numb to write any questions down. As of this minute I have not written anything down. I feel like I am in denial. Right now my immature side will say to the doc, darn it get me pregnant now. But I know realistically its not going to happen right away and it might take time if its going to happen at all.

Nummies - thanks for reminding me to take something to read. I just hope its not a long time to wait...

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#246 of 259 Old 10-31-2008, 05:41 AM

Lola- I am so sorry

Wtg- Best of luck with your appointment

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#247 of 259 Old 10-31-2008, 06:14 AM

Lola Sorry AF arrived!!

AAM 5dpo and reminding myself why I shouldn't poas!! I did really good for 2-3 months in a row and didn't poas @ all!! Not really sure how I did that, but I am determined to NOT poas until @ least 12 dpo- and only if I don't have AF symptoms!! My friend gave me her left over digital CBE and I really don't want it to say "not pregnant" Those are the worst words ever!!

Song How many follicles did you have?
#248 of 259 Old 10-31-2008, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

They didn't tell me when they'll do the first ultrasound. I guess they'll decide that after they get the 2nd beta results.

I don't remember exactly how many follicles. I know there was at least one on each ovary, and one was much larger than the others. I'm thinking 3, maybe? One at 23mm and two around 17mm.

I was telling dh today that our odds of having a baby are now better than 50-50. And then I realized how jaded I have become. In some ways infertility has been good for me, in that I think I'm more sensitive and less judgmental than I used to be. But in some ways I think I have been irrevocably damaged. I lurked a bit on the pregnancy board and I just can't relate to the level of optimism that I see there.

ETA: I never tested before 15dpo. Negatives are like stabbing myself in the heart.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#249 of 259 Old 10-31-2008, 01:28 PM

Its kinda ironic- you hope and pray for a bfp, but when someone who has dealt w/ infertility actually gets a bfp... you feel like you can't celebrate b/c it might be yanked out from under you @ any second!! I can understand being cautiously optimistic until you see a heartbeat... but don't let your struggles w/ infertility rob you of the joy of being preg... You will ALWAYS be fearful when it comes to your baby, so just enjoy while you can!! It took me a long time to figure that out...

AAM I told DH the other day that I don't think I will tell anyone for a couple of weeks when I get preg... not even him!! He said "like i won't notice when its supposed to be CD12 and you aren't wanting to have sex" lol
#250 of 259 Old 10-31-2008, 03:07 PM

I got home from a business trip last night and had a voicemail saying DH's SA results are in. The nurse who called me isn't working today, so now I have to wait until Monday to find out what they are. She said she was going to put them in the mail also, so maybe they'll come today or tomorrow. She sounded cheerful in the voicemail, so hopefully the results are positive. I'm totally grasping at straws here! lol

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#251 of 259 Old 10-31-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
They didn't tell me when they'll do the first ultrasound. I guess they'll decide that after they get the 2nd beta results.

I don't remember exactly how many follicles. I know there was at least one on each ovary, and one was much larger than the others. I'm thinking 3, maybe? One at 23mm and two around 17mm.

I was telling dh today that our odds of having a baby are now better than 50-50. And then I realized how jaded I have become. In some ways infertility has been good for me, in that I think I'm more sensitive and less judgmental than I used to be. But in some ways I think I have been irrevocably damaged. I lurked a bit on the pregnancy board and I just can't relate to the level of optimism that I see there.

ETA: I never tested before 15dpo. Negatives are like stabbing myself in the heart.
I totally understand. Been there done that. I didn't start enjoying my pregnancy until after I heard the heartbeat. And even then, I was cautious. In fact, I wasn't really sure that I was going to be a mother until his birth. My infertility, miscarriage, and IVF were just too much. It was hard to be hopeful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLou View Post
I got home from a business trip last night and had a voicemail saying DH's SA results are in. The nurse who called me isn't working today, so now I have to wait until Monday to find out what they are. She said she was going to put them in the mail also, so maybe they'll come today or tomorrow. She sounded cheerful in the voicemail, so hopefully the results are positive. I'm totally grasping at straws here! lol
Hoping for good news!!

DH's SA is tomorrow. We won't find out the results until our appointment on Wednesday.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#252 of 259 Old 10-31-2008, 11:57 PM

Well, I had my appt with the RE after 3 rounds of clomid and 2 IUI failures so now he wants me to do 2 rounds of injectables and then if neither one of those 2 work it is on to IVF (or so he says, not sure what the bank account says!!!!). So my question is... Is gonal F the same as Follistim???? I thought i had heard that somewhere. I know Gonal F Pen is more expensive I think, so i didn't know if i could ask for the Follistim instead. Anyone have any input on which one is better and why?????? He had recommended the Gonal F Pen. TIA

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#253 of 259 Old 11-01-2008, 04:09 AM

I am taking care of a girl that just had twins a couple of days ago... she has identical boys (she said she was shocked to find out she was preg... bigger shock that there was 2 babies coming!!) Baby A is 8lb 3 oz and baby B is 8lb... she had 16 lbs of baby!!! Good grief!!

2 ww?? who all is in the 2ww?? i am 6dpo, and going insane intermittently. Had my progesterone level checked yesterday but won't get results till tonight. hopefullly it is nice and high!!

well, this night is NEVER going to end!! And tonight is going to be even worse.. I hate daylight savings time. My usual 12 hour shift is going to turn into a 13 hour shift... yay me!!
#254 of 259 Old 11-01-2008, 10:49 AM

I'm in the 2ww too. Next Friday is the day.
#255 of 259 Old 11-01-2008, 11:40 AM

Come join me in the November thread.

#256 of 259 Old 10-13-2013, 04:47 PM

Ugh is anything worse then trying for 7 years to become pregnant as all ur friends become pregnant easily and unexpectedly, going theu every possible procedure, enduring pain, financial ruin and still not becoming pregnant and then finding out that both ur sisters are pregnant for the first time the day before I find out i will need a total hysterectomy!? Iam completely devestated;-( can anyone offer words of comfort or hope!?
#257 of 259 Old 10-16-2013, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post

Meadowmom: I see Dr. Corfman a week from today.

Best of luck on the BETA. I would have a hard time concentrating on anything else if I was in your shoes.

Crystal-Mommy: Waiting truly is the worst. While I was getting my SHG done yesterday, I was stareing at a poster on the wall that had a the development of embryos on it. I had ot laugh when I saw they had marked on it that implantation occurred at 3 weeks and a postive test wouldn't occur until 5 weeks. All I kept thinking was..obviously the person who made this poster never had infertility issues.
#258 of 259 Old 10-16-2013, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello im testing 10/17/13 my tww is over i pray that it sticks its our fourth time fet im 45 dh 43 late bloomers lol just pray for us i will do the same for you be blessed
#259 of 259 Old 10-31-2013, 07:40 AM

Infmer77 - It looks like you have posted in an old thread....That said I'm so sorry for everything you have gone through.  There is always hope....and sometimes your journey to happiness is different from others.  

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page