The OCTOBER Infertility ONE Thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-02-2008, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
October

The Infertility ONE Thread

A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Trying to Conceive

biomama TTC since November 2007. Waiting for a fall IVF.

blueyezz4 - Trying since July 06'. Started on the drug/IUI route in July. On hold with IUI in September due to being away on vacation at the prime time, but have plans to get back on the wagon in Oct.

christophersmom - TTC#2 since November 2005. Multiple rounds of Clomid, two HSG's, 1 IVF in November 2007 (twins miscarried in January 2008), miscarriage in September 2008. Trying IVF again.

Crystal-mommy TTC #2 w/ PCOS on and off for 3 yrs. 2 clomid cycles-BFN, 1st cycle w/ femara

Curly Sue - age 27, dh is 30. TTC for 15 months with slight endometriosis, low count, poor morphology and motility. Starting IVF with ICSI.

DaisyMae08 - TTC for 15 months. Trying Clomid + Ovidrel trigger.

FayeO Tired mama to DD (1/03). TTC #2 since November 2005. Recently diagnosed with MFI (antisperm antibodies). Currently TTC with unmedicated IUIs. Had 3 failed IUIs prior to diagnosis and 2 failed IUIs since diagnosis (2 medicated, 3 unmedicated). On hold with IUI in August and September due to being out of town at prime time (what luck!).

future_mom2b 24 and ttc for 2 years. Diagnosed with PCOS in January 2007. Trying with Clomid and Metformin.

gumby74 - ttc #2 with just the use of folic acid and baby aspirin. If not successful, we will do the hormone IUI route starting next cycle.

hope4light TTC since March 2006 with MFI and slightly low progesterone. Currently TTC with IVF with ICSI, cycle 1 round 1 and 2 canceled. Round 3 left me with a BFN.

Katie34 - 35 yrs old, IF due to toxins from periodontal surgeries. Trying chinese herbs and sweats and other natural ways to make the body healthier.

kparker - TTC with MFI after testicular cancer and radiation. The remaining testical has varicocele. Trying naturally for a few months before seeking treatment.

LibbyLou TTC with PCOS. Cystic fibrosis carrier. Waiting on DH's blood test results to determine the next treatment.

lola88 37 years old (38 in December). TTC since October 2005. Finally got BFP in March '08 only to m/c at 9 weeks. Started first round of clomid 3 days ago, and starting first IUI in September.

MeadowMom - TTC#2 with PCOS and fibroids. Using Letrozole and HCG trigger.

natrualmom - TTC#3, new MF issues. IUI #4 with letrazole/injectibles/trigger/IUI

Needle In the Hay - Experiencing unexplained secondary infertility for 5+ years. Starting IUI's this cycle. Also dealing with hypothyroidism; started treament for that about a year ago.

nummies - 25, TTC #2. Conceived 17 month old son from IVF/ ICSI. MFI with 0-1% normal sperm morphology. Currently saving for IVF sometime next year.

organitarian - 29 y/o, been trying to concieve for 3 years. Metformin didnt work and tracking didnt work. Do not ovulate, overweight, currently using diet and exercise.

poetgirl TTC since October 2006 with low progesterone, possible LPD and hypothalamus dysfunction. Removed polyp 3/08. On 22nd cycle, doing IUI, acupuncture and pre-O cleanse. Progesterone in LP

songbird45 TTC #1 with PCOS since January 2007 - Two failed Clomid cycles and no longer a candidate for Clomid. 3 failed Femara/IUI cycles. Still trying.

wtg4miracle - MFI and older, I am 38 and he is 43. We just failed our 6month of ttc and waiting to see an RE.

Taking a Break

EastbayK Taking a break while still hoping and dreaming

Held - TTC #1 since 2005 (although no prevention since late 2002). Dealing with mild MFI (low motility) and unexplained. Currently taking a break. :

Julia'sMom TTC#2 with PCOS. DD1 conceived with met, clomid & hcg. No response to clomid this time. Recovering from miscarrying twins after IVF. Trying naturally until IVF in January.

kristenok18. TTC#2 since 2004, taking a break.

lovebug - TTC#1 for over 3 years, but on a break while DH is in Iraq.

::: MIA :::
(These people did not post in September and will be removed if they don't post in October)

barose TTC since 1999 (with intermittent breaks), 1 30wk MC, PCOS (treated with diet/ lifestyle) and Hypothyroid.

OrganicSister - I have a 9 yr old son; TTC (my #2, his #1) since Jan of '03. We're just starting an IVF cycle this month.

Pookietooth - Jennifer, 42, married to Bill, 43. Diagnosed with PCOS 12 years ago, 1 DS (5 1/2). Tried to use diet, supplements, homeopathy, and herbs to conceive again, but then on my 42nd birthday decided to once again go to an RE. So far tried clomid, femara, and currently trying Follistim (supplementing with acupunture).

shastasue - 31 and living in Kansas. TTC for 2 years as of the end of June. Diagnosed with PCOS (insulin resistant), secondary to hypothyroidism caused by surgery and and radioiodine ablation for a tumor, and secondary autoimmune disease (Grave's). Had a lap done in April to remove a fibroid, an adhesion on the left ovary, and to remove a chocolate cyst on the right ovary and repair a ruptured cyst on my right ovary that was bleeding. DH has low motility as well (40%). Currently on Metformin, and was taking clomid before the cysts.

Tandy~36 yrs.~TTC #1 for 4 years (2 years with doctor and 1 year break) after 2 miscarriages due to hypercoagulation (blood clotting) solved by taking a blood thinner when i get pregnant again...taking Metformin 1500 mg daily...and natural progesterone cream after possible conception every ovulatory cycle...shouldn't take clomid due to a mood disorder so trying to avoid it...weight/nutrition issues due to other medications but now getting it under control by tapering off those medications and eating better and exercising...

::: Graduates :::
(May everyone who passes through this thread find their way to this section)

Aly22681 TTC #1 since January 2007, 3 MCs. --> July 2008

Kiki99 TTC #1 since Apr 2007 (unexplained infertility) with DH. 1 unmedicated IUI - failed, 2 Clomid IUI's - failed and had my 4th IUI with injectables. --> July 2008

mischievium :TTC since February 2007 with MFI (antisperm antibodies) and possible mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Currently TTC with Clomid and IUI. --> July 2008

Jelly Bean TTC #2 since April 07. one unmedicated IUI, one month of just clomid, one month of clomid and 2 IUI's and this month we did injectibles and 2 IUI's. --> July 2008

Corikodjo 39, TTC since August of 2007,1 Chemical Pregnancy 11/07, on 2nd IUI --> August 2008

blueRhino TTC #1 since June 2007. TTC with Chinese herbs and acupuncture. --> September 2008

oregonduck - age 34 and DH, 31. TTC #1 since June 2007. In the beginning stages of infertility testing. Have done one Clomid cycle so far. --> September 2008

jasminewb After five failed IUI's, starting my first (and hopefully only!) IVF cycle with Lupron supression on August 30th. --> October 2008

Voltige - TTC #2 since 7/07; Recently diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS but trying to conceive naturally for a few cycles post surgical laparoscopy --> October 2008

PLEASE let the threadkeeper know if there is anything you would like to add/ delete/ change from your synopsis above (including silly things like not liking the color your username is in) either by bolding the information you want changed/ updated in your post or by sending the threadkeeper a PM. And PLEASE check to make sure that the correct chart is linked to the chart icon in front of your username.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008, 10:39 AM

songbird- thanks for the new thread!!! And for your last post in the Sept thread. We deal with this attitude from dh's family as well, and it is beyond infuriating. And so disappointing to find judgement where there should be unconditional support.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:42 AM

I can't believe this year only has 2 months left!! Where has all the time gone?? Pretty sure most of my time has been @ the dr's office!! how sad is that!?!?

How is everyone doing??
Old 10-02-2008, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the new thread Songbird!

I'm still around. Made it through the baby shower ok; it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I did post on my blog one day, in a fit of anger, about not wanting to hostess the shower and, lo and behold, she read it. I didn't even know she read my blog. She got all huffy about it. At first I apologized saying that my IF wasn't her fault but I was taking it out on her, but then I realized here I was hosting a shower for her and she never even bothered to send an email when we were going through cancer treatment. My other friend agreed. I'm so done with her.

I don't know how people just "take a break". I still think about TTC all the time and I'm still hoping we'll have some miraculous occurance, even when we are actively trying to avoid. How does one stop thinking about something they desire so much?

On to October...

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
Old 10-02-2008, 02:16 PM

Updates I know about:

Juliasmom lost her twins to MC and Corikodjo got a BFP in... August?

K

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
Old 10-02-2008, 03:11 PM

I'm back from the RE. Apparently my b/w looks good- estradiol was 320 on Tuesday, same day I got my pos OPK. My u/s indicated that I have indeed ovulated and probably just recently. The follie was still there, down to 12x16mm from 21.5mm. There was fluid deep in my pelvis. Now we wait I guess.

I still didn't get any more info about my Hashi's dx. The doc is so vague and I'm not pushy. I need to get over my inhibitions about asking questions until I'm satisfied with the answer, even if I might be annoying.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastbayK View Post
Updates I know about:

Juliasmom lost her twins to MC and Corikodjo got a BFP in... August?

K
Yep. Please remove me from the success list. We'll try again as soon as possible. I'm still recovering from the mc but am anxious to get going. Dh and I are praying for a little of that mystical "1st cycle after mc" fertility we've heard about. If not, then in January we should be able to start ivf again. I think we're definately transfering one this time because we're too scared of twins again and I think the stress would do us in. I don't think I'll post too much, just lurk, since we really won't be doing anything (other than dtd) until next year. Good luck to all you ladies, may you not be here in 2009.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 10-02-2008, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm still around, kind of. Well, I haven't been since Late August, and really I think only 1 or 2 times since just after my BFN.

I'm not sure if I'm taking a break or not. I just can't figure out what to do, so it is sort of an involuntary yet voluntary break. Dealing with all those horrible feelings and issue's that arise out of lovely IF.

I hope everyone else is doing well, you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 10-02-2008, 06:00 PM

I just got back from refilling my Clomid Rx, and almost had a meltdown right there in the middle of the pharmacy. I am not the kind of person who gets emotional in public, so it totally caught me off guard. I was waiting to pick up my Rx, and a very pregnant woman came in. They called my number, and it was the same pharmacist who's given me all my Clomid scripts. He gave me this really sympathetic look as he handed me my little bottle of pills, and I just about lost it. I'm sure its all in my head, but it kills me to think that my situation is so sad that the pharmacist is feeling sorry for me. I feel totally ridiculous, but I knew you ladies would understand.

I'm on CD20, and still no ovulation. I need some good news.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

Old 10-02-2008, 06:31 PM

HI Friends~
I'm still here, was just offline most of last month in between moving from San Fran to MI, not the easiest transition. Things got v. sticky for me when our Aug. IUI never happened because I never got an LH surge. Then I thought I O'd based on temps and took progesterone but I actually don't think I ever did, then I went off the prog. and that induced a period, then I O'd on cd4 after the induced period, then the next cycle I decided (what was I thinking???) to test my fsh again even though things were so screwy, who knows what was up and lo and behold the # had doubled in 11 mths. which devastated me, but wasn't totally reliable at the same time. I've just O'd the latest ever (due I think to moving stress) cd18 and I'm set up to see a new OB and RE, hopefully do an inject. cycle in 08. That's a mouthful.
Looking forward to simpler, quieter times now.

And yes, what the hell happened to this yr? We were all supposed to grad, right? Hoping many of us still do. to all
and : to Songbird for threadkeeping.
Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 10-02-2008, 07:00 PM

Juliasmom: I'm sorry to hear about the twins. DH and I might be heading towards the IVF route and have considered only transferring one embryo, but under the statistics the doctor has listed it says that they have never transferred only one embryo. Does that even seem possible? Makes me very nervous! The kind of luck I have, I would end up with quads.

Poetgirl: Glad to hear the move went well. Sorry to hear about the crazy cycle stuff. Maybe a new RE will give you more hope!

Day1 for me here. My SHG is scheduled for the 8th and then the new RE on the 16th. Here's hoping for more answers.

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Juliasmom: I'm sorry to hear about the twins. DH and I might be heading towards the IVF route and have considered only transferring one embryo, but under the statistics the doctor has listed it says that they have never transferred only one embryo. Does that even seem possible? Makes me very nervous! The kind of luck I have, I would end up with quads.
Our RE would only transfer one for us, if we wanted. He recommends two, since it ups the success rate, but is willing to go less. For us personally, it seems we just have problems with ovulation. So long as there is an egg somewhere, anywhere, we dont' seem to have issues fertilizing or implanting. Thus, I feel better with 1. If you infertility is more unexplained (ovulating but still no success) then the chances for twins for you personally may be less. Definately clear it up with the RE before starting. There's nothign like being hormonal from all the drugs and trying to make that important decision. Besides, hopefully you won't even get that far.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 10-03-2008, 09:32 PM

Julia'smom I'm so sorry.

gumby, did you get in With Dr C?

AFM I'm smack dab in the middle of my 2ww. And going out of my mind. I am just itching to poas already.

Baby dust to all!

JenaMom to ds & dd Proud to
Old 10-04-2008, 12:44 PM

Hi everyone..... AF came for me on Thursday...... so I guess I O'd?? I don't know. It seems like my cycle was more "normal" before the Clomid. We have decided to definitely do the IUI this month. It will be our first. I am just afraid that I will miss my surge or not O like what happened this month, and our clinic is 3 hours away............too much stress!! I just keep thinking of my friend, who has TTC for 5 years, and just got her first BFP on her first round of Clomid, so I guess I will have a little faith for a little while longer......... just want to get through October and November, maybe with a little GOOD news!! Baby dust to all!!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:46 PM

Hi Everyone.....I am new to this site...I'm 27 DH is 30 TTC for 15 months, with an RE since Feb 08. Slight endometriosis for me, low count, poor morphology and motility for DH. Mostly we've been TTC naturally. Last month we did our first clomid IUI cycle. RE said that continuing on this path is a waste of time and money as he is giving us about a 4% chance.

We are now starting IVF/ICSI. I am being supressed by BCP starting tomorrow for 26 days. On Halloween we start the stims provided blood work comes back fine. My RE is thinking to only transfer one embryo if we can make it to that stage...hopefully. My DH and family is thinking that it is a lot to go through emotionally, financially, and physically to transfer one embryo. I am confused and don't know what to think. If I had my choice I would rather have one child at a time (financial reasons mostly), but it's most important that I have children, if they come two at a time I would just be thrilled to be a mom! Our insurance covers some of our IVF/ICSI but it is limited. Does anyone have their own experience with deciding how many to transfer and has anyone transfered just one? I'd love to hear opinions of what to do too!
Old 10-05-2008, 01:33 PM

Curly sue: real quick, why did the RE give you only a 4% chance? Did something change between when they rec. the IUI/Clomid and now?

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

Old 10-05-2008, 10:35 PM

Hello everyone. . .

I just had a wonderful agility weekend with my dogs, accumulated a couple of new titles, enjoyed the PERFECT weather, and didn't think about TTC or IF even once! Somehow I managed to have a mental break and it was exactly what I needed.

Of course, now I'm back to obsessing about being in the tww and wondering why on earth I'm so crampy. It feels like AF could show any moment and I'm only 4DPO so I'd be shocked if she did. I go back to the RE on Friday for some more blood work. If AF does indeed show, we'll soon be discussing our next step- meds of some sort I imagine.

I hope the weekend was kind to everyone.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:41 PM

I don't think I have ever responded in this thread. We have been TTC #2 since November 2005. Multiple rounds of clomid, two HSGs, one IVF in November 2007 (twins miscarried in January 2008), miscarriage in September 2008. We are doing IVF this month. Fingers crossed!

Carly, mama to DS C (5th grade), DD Miss M (07/09, fostered 1/10, adopted 08/10), and Little Miss C (11/10, fostered 01/11, adopted 11/12). Foster Son, Mr. A, age 11 placed 10/13.
My angel babies , ~01/08~ (twins), ~09/08~, and ~01/09~.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

EastbayK - Different circumstances mean that a break works differently for different people. If "trying" means that you are taking pills or shots and running to the RE's office for u/s every other day, "taking a break" just means that you don't have to do all that. I admit I think about IF much more than I should, even on a break, but it's nice to not have to *do* anything. Even if you're just bd'ing, not having the pressure of timed sex for one month can be nice.

LibbyLou - .. people get sympathetic looks for allergies too, it's not that your situation is that sad! But I completely understand.

Juliasmom: I'm so sorry to hear about the m/c. No words are enough but my thoughts are with you.

Curly Sue and christophersmom: Welcome! I hope you find the support you are looking for here!

Me: My sister got married last week! Everything went well although I am exhausted. It came at a convenient time in my cycle - no monitoring or anything to worry about. I should ovulate late this week, so... I guess we're jumping back in now.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:10 PM

Hi all....i have been posting a little in the ttc board...but i dont think that the gals in there are very sympathetic to woman with infertility problems.....

So after looking around....i felt at home here....so you can say that i have relocated....heehee

well....im 24 and ttc for 2 years and diagnosed with PCOS in january 2007.....it was a rought ride went to 3 gynaes and all said that i need to loose weight and come back....after a while i found a doctor that can perfprm miracles......: and weight was not an issue for him, and he also understood how hard it is to loose the weight...wellll....i met a client of mine last week that is also a patient of him....she is 380 pounds or more...and she is pregnant......i was so hopefull after speaking to her!!!! wow:

welll im on my second round of clomid and 1500 met and going strong...i have lost a bit...and im happy and hopefull.....

sorry for the novel....but i feel so at home here!!!

thanks for listening
Old 10-06-2008, 05:58 PM

Hello-Had baseline US and estrodial blood draw. Got the green light to start the letrazole. We then will do injectibles-then u/s and bloodwork, and go from there. Like futuremom- my doc is the 'miracle worker' around here.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Old 10-06-2008, 07:21 PM

Got my progesterone level back this afternoon, I think I would be better off not knowing what my labs are... but then I think I would obsess knowing "somone" had results that I didn't know about!! My progesterone was 13 today.. not great, but so-so according to my dr. I am trying to stay hopeful, but I am so tired of this crap!!! I was @ the dentist when my friend looked up my results for me, and I started to cry!! Who does that!?!? I think I am about ready for a "break", I had planned on taking December off, just because of all the holidays but it seems silly to restart in Jan and have to pay all my deductibles again... so I guess I will take off Jan.

Welcome to all the new ppl... hope your stay is short!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Curly sue: real quick, why did the RE give you only a 4% chance? Did something change between when they rec. the IUI/Clomid and now?
Hi Gumby, the RE only gave a 4% chance due to dh's count, motility, and morphology on the day of the IUI.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:43 AM

Curly Sue: Thanks for clearing that up for me. Given that, I guess I can understand why they want you to go through the IVF route. I think my IF doc wants me to go through the IVF route because he doesn't feel like dealing with me. I really wonder if he only keeps the people who have the best chance of conceiving so that it makes his numbers look better. Oh well, I meet with the new doc on the 16th and am hoping for a happier outcome.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

updated to here

Old 10-07-2008, 04:16 PM

Can I join?

My name is Mandie. I am 25. I have a 17 month old son from IVF/ ICSI. We have MFI with 0-1% normal sperm morphology. We are currently saving for our next IVF cycle sometime next year.

Nice to find all of you but so sad that we are all in this boat.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 10-07-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Hello-Had baseline US and estrodial blood draw. Got the green light to start the letrazole. We then will do injectibles-then u/s and bloodwork, and go from there. Like futuremom- my doc is the 'miracle worker' around here.
Natrualmom, best of luck to you this cycle!

JenaMom to ds & dd Proud to
Old 10-08-2008, 06:02 AM

I know I just got here but will you go ahead and remove me from the list.

My mind is just racing and I have to find myself before I can think about having a family. It seems very odd to feel this way after spending so long focusing all my energy towards getting pregant but I've lost myself in the process. I think it's just a vacation...but I hope if I come back that none of you are here!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
I know I just got here but will you go ahead and remove me from the list.

My mind is just racing and I have to find myself before I can think about having a family. It seems very odd to feel this way after spending so long focusing all my energy towards getting pregant but I've lost myself in the process. I think it's just a vacation...but I hope if I come back that none of you are here!
Being at peace with yourself is the best thing you can do for yourself and any future baby. You have been through a lot.....it's completely understandable why you would think you needed to focus on yourself.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

nummies, welcome! I hope you find the support you need here.

SimplyRochelle, s and I hope you find peace in whatever path you end up on.

sigh. I have an appointment to talk to the RE on the 24th, but in the meantime we're doing one more IUI, probably this weekend. The nurse checked with my insurance and apparently Follistim is covered with a $20 copay, so I guess financially if we move to injectibles it won't be too bad. But every step we take represents more emotional and financial investment, and it just makes me so sad that we're even in the position of contemplating this. I guess even though we're on month 22 I still haven't really come to terms with this whole thing.

User Tag List