Mothering Forum banner

Help!BFP on HPT!!! Scared it could be wrong!

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Kabes 
#1 ·
Hi, I am 9dpt on my first IVF (after 4 failed IUI's) and just got a BFP on a an EPT Centainty test...I am so thrilled (SO THRILLED!!!!) but at the same time scared beyond belief to be happy...what if it is a false positive? Is it possible the HCG is still in my system (triggered on 9/21).

Anyone had a false positive? or better yet anyone POAS 9dpt and have it be true??

I'm freaking out!!! So much so I can out of lurkdome. Which by the way lurking here and reading all your posts has been an incredible help to me over the past year. So thank you!

Jasmine, TTC #1 for 3 years.

Well..I just read a thread with a lot of negative information about digital tests...so its off to the drug store to buy a different kind..or two!

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply!!! I just took another ...this time clear blue with the +/- and it shows the faintest line..i mean really faint. Now we're just about hyperventilating! I did drink a ton of water before the 2nd test and its late in the day. Tomorrow morning I am taking both again first thing.

This is so nerve wracking...I will never sleep!

#4 ·
Jasmine, your trigger shot should be out of your system in 7-10 days so I'd say you're definitely past that. Congratulations!!
:
:
: My hpt test that I took the morning I had my blood work drawn wasn't super dark either and my hcg levels were 166. Hope you can get some sleep tonight

#5 ·
That's great! I agree I think the trigger shot should be out of your system by now. After you take the tests tomorrow AM call your RE to make sure there isn't anything else that could be making it a false positive.

Let us know how the tests look in the AM (or you can do what I did last time I had a faint positive which is to drink alot of water before bed so that I wake up to pee around 3AM!!! I couldn't wait till morning!

#7 ·
Always use first morning urine when testing especially that early as the highest concentration of hcg is in the urine then.
: and

#9 ·
I am so overwhelmed by the support here that I'm crying...which isn't that rare an occasion for me lately! Thank you.

Two tests this morning showed the same result ...BFP on the digital EPT and faint line on the clear blue. I feel euphoric. Still wont relax until the blood on Wed (they are making me wait) but for now I feel like I have reached the end of the longest road I have been on in my life and am so greatful, excited, thrilled, eager, ecstatic..everything!

That is the only way to decribe it. And to anyone who is reading this that hasn't gotten the BFP yet please hang on because it is all worth it!

Baby Dust to All!! I'll let you know when the official word is in.

Jasmine
(I don't know how to make one of those positive HPT signs but I would if I could!!)

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jasminewb View Post
but for now I feel like I have reached the end of the longest road I have been on in my life and am so greatful, excited, thrilled, eager, ecstatic..everything!

That is the only way to decribe it. And to anyone who is reading this that hasn't gotten the BFP yet please hang on because it is all worth it!

Baby Dust to All!! I'll let you know when the official word is in.

Jasmine
(I don't know how to make one of those positive HPT signs but I would if I could!!)
Your words just made me very happy! It seems like such a long, horrible road at times but then I hear stories like yours and I am reminded that it CAN happen. Thank you for giving me positive thoughts!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.