The November Infertility ONE Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 275 Old 11-10-2008, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
songbird45--thanks for letting me know that this is not our fault. I keep thinking what did I do wrong, what did i do to cause this.
The single most helpful thing that anyone told me was, "this is not your fault. nothing you did caused it. nothing you could have done would have prevented it. you should not be looking at this as personal failure." and while that's not maybe 100% true (I'm not convinced that the PCOS is totally out of my control) it did remind me that I have done everything to the best of my ability and knowledge, and beating myself up over what-ifs is not a productive way to go forward.

Sometimes there just aren't reasons.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 275 Old 11-11-2008, 07:35 AM

Hi girls....I am Maya :-)
I am 34 years old and and been for the last 3 months treated by Eyal politi from Israel...well i got to say that its amazing that he took my FSH levels and really lowered them from 9-10 to 7-8 along side to stress reduced and very important -he did prevent weight gain(u know all the hormones ...)
i am not pregnant yet but the overall picture looks good...
#123 of 275 Old 11-11-2008, 11:58 AM

welcome maya!

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#124 of 275 Old 11-11-2008, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome maya! Would you like to be added to the front page? If so, just post or PM me a few sentences about yourself and your TTC journey, and I'll get you added.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#125 of 275 Old 11-11-2008, 08:51 PM

Welcome Maya!

IUI today, so/so sperm numbers. Awful experience. So I am just going to cry for a bit.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#126 of 275 Old 11-11-2008, 08:58 PM

Thank you all for your support. I am actually looking forward to taking some time to just be together with DH and enjoy each other, at least through the holidays. I am anticipating jumping back on the wagon in January, so I'll see you all then (or then again, hopefully not!). Good luck to ALL of you!!
#127 of 275 Old 11-11-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Welcome Maya!

IUI today, so/so sperm numbers. Awful experience. So I am just going to cry for a bit.
Oh no! I'm so sorry.
I hope you are okay.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#128 of 275 Old 11-11-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Welcome Maya!

Oh no! I'm so sorry. If you don't mind.......what happened?

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#129 of 275 Old 11-11-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Welcome Maya!

So sorry natrualmom. Sometimes good things come out when times go bad. Maybe all not lost. I hope you are ok.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#130 of 275 Old 11-11-2008, 10:41 PM

My story is posted in the`November IUI thread. Sorry I don't want to retype it

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#131 of 275 Old 11-11-2008, 11:13 PM

I hope it is alright to join you all here in this thread.

My name is Heather. I am a 33 yo mom to one DS conceived naturally after 11 months of TTC. We have been trying for 19 months this time around. I have recently been diagnosed with blocked fallopian tubes and am now contemplating surgery and IUI or going straight to IVF. Our insurance covers surgery and 6 cycles of IUI but I am nervous to do the surgery and cause further damage and/or further lengthening the time of TTC.

So howdy! Hope to gain lots of info from you all and REALLY hope to not be here to much longer!

~Heather, loving my DH and DS with my whole heart. Our newest addition DD July '10
#132 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:
My story is posted in the`November IUI thread. Sorry I don't want to retype it
No problem.....I will go there to read!

Welcome Heather. How lucky you are to have insurance that covers so many IUIs!

#133 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 12:35 AM

How do you tell your SO that another month is a bust. I just told dh that this month is a bust, confirmed with BFN and a drop in temp. Every pasting month its gets harder to tell him. I never knew I can cry so much. We just got in a arguement when I said I had to go for tests now and I have to manage with my work schedule. As I am typing this, I am still sobbing. We were hoping that this month was a fluke before we were going to do IUIs.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#134 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 12:49 AM

wtg4miracle, it's awful isn't it? I got used to it every month when we were trying on our own. 6 mos, a year, 15 mos, eventually it just seemed inevitable each month as awful as that sounds. Oct. was our first IUI. I had my blood test last Friday morning and when I walked in the house Friday afternoon to tell DH he had the biggest smile on his face and had assumed we'd gotten a BFP since he hadn't heard from me during the day asking him to take me to sushi (I did ask eventually). I saw the smile and just burst into tears.
#135 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I read your story on the IUI thread. It is horrible what they did to you. I'm so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapi2help View Post
I hope it is alright to join you all here in this thread.

My name is Heather. I am a 33 yo mom to one DS conceived naturally after 11 months of TTC. We have been trying for 19 months this time around. I have recently been diagnosed with blocked fallopian tubes and am now contemplating surgery and IUI or going straight to IVF. Our insurance covers surgery and 6 cycles of IUI but I am nervous to do the surgery and cause further damage and/or further lengthening the time of TTC.

So howdy! Hope to gain lots of info from you all and REALLY hope to not be here to much longer!
I'm sorry that you're in a position to have to join us, but welcome! I've added you to our first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
How do you tell your SO that another month is a bust. I just told dh that this month is a bust, confirmed with BFN and a drop in temp. Every pasting month its gets harder to tell him. I never knew I can cry so much. We just got in a arguement when I said I had to go for tests now and I have to manage with my work schedule. As I am typing this, I am still sobbing. We were hoping that this month was a fluke before we were going to do IUIs.
For me, it gets harder each month. Last month, I couldn't even get the words out without breaking down. DH is so sweet. He just lets me cry and says "Don't worry, we'll keep trying".

AFM, 11 dpo with no spotting yet and temp is still up! (I have to celebrate the small victories) Best case scenario is obviously a BFP eventually, but I have zero symptoms getting my hopes up right now. Even if this cycle is a bust, at least the B Complex I'm taking has lengthened my LP and I ovulated much earlier this cycle. I'll get some small amount of comfort from that.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#136 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 12:48 PM

Well, ladies, I think it's time to admit it - there was a heartbeat this morning, so this is finally beginning to seem real to me! You all have been wonderful, and I will be reading and cheering you on. I couldn't have made it this far without you.

:::

#137 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Well, ladies, I think it's time to admit it - there was a heartbeat this morning, so this is finally beginning to seem real to me! You all have been wonderful, and I will be reading and cheering you on. I couldn't have made it this far without you.

::CONGRATS songbird::

you give me so much hope

#138 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 01:02 PM

Yay songbird! You give me hope. Congrats!!! :
#139 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Yay! : : : This is such great news!!!!!

Are you ready to be moved to the graduates?

#140 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLou View Post
Yay! : : : This is such great news!!!!!

Are you ready to be moved to the graduates?
I think I am. It may still not work out, but RIGHT NOW I am pregnant and I'm determined to enjoy the moment.

#141 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 03:24 PM

Songbird- What was your sperm count with your BFP?

#142 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Songbird- What was your sperm count with your BFP?
I think it was 20 million.

#143 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I think I am. It may still not work out, but RIGHT NOW I am pregnant and I'm determined to enjoy the moment.
:: You deserve all the happiness in the world. Congrats! I can't wait to hear if you end up with a little boy or a little girl. Are you sure there is only one in there?::

#144 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 07:13 PM

Hi all, I've been lurking around here for the past few days... I introduced myself in the Fall thread so I think I'll quickly re-introduce myself here...

My husband and I started TTC in June '07, but nothing happened, despite me having perfect charts. We finally got him in for an SA last June, and discovered in July that he only has about 200-300,000 sperm per ejaculation. This puts us directly onto the IVF track. After taking a few months to figure things out, we've scheduled our first consultation appointment for December 5th.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better, despite the circumstances!

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#145 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Are you sure there is only one in there?
lol. you're all too kind. I'm sure. The ultrasound was mostly grainy nothing from my perspective, but the u/s tech assured me that there is one sac and one embryo.

#146 of 275 Old 11-12-2008, 08:02 PM

songbird YAY!!:: Good luck!!

AAM I saw my Dr @ work today and told him I wouldn't be coming to see him for a month or two. He said that is a reasonable idea. Then he asked if my preg test was negative. I said "duh, if it was positive I would have been in your office the very next day!!" I saw him again a little bit later and he said it can be very discouraging and can drive you nuts. once again.. DUH!! pretty sure i know both of those things!!
#147 of 275 Old 11-13-2008, 03:46 AM

Hello friends!

songbird just wanted to pop on and state a huge Congratulations to you and your hubby : : : : So very thrilled for you and what a blessing, the month you step down from doing the thread, you are blessed

I am praying many sticky blessings for you and bean

Praying for all my dear friends here.

Still on my break and enjoying it although babies are still on my mind I am now working at an organic health food store! My eyes have been opened by so many things and I am hoping we can get that natural BFP, if not, like songbird we will be moving to ART next year. Cannot afford the TCM doc just yet so we are on our own.

Anyway just had to pop in and give my love and best to songbird and you all.

Don't give up believing my friends, all is possible to those who believe

Blessings and love,
#148 of 275 Old 11-13-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:

Enjoy your pregnancy!!!! Live in this moment! :

AFM: Af showed this morning. After a really long and weird cycle. Hopefully things get back on track so that our IUI in January will go smoothly.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#149 of 275 Old 11-13-2008, 01:01 PM

I'm in the throes of PMS now, 13dpo. I cried during the Vetran's Day parade on tuesday, last night was an all out cryfest due to my frustration with TTC (two more pregnancies announced by friends). I swear the PMS is worse now than it ever used to be. Even through we are taking a break, I'm still wanting everything to magically work out...

When DH was first diagnosed with cancer, they said he would have about a 20 year life expectancy. That means that he's not even expected to make 60 years old, let alone retirement age. It feels like there is so much pressure to get on with life and get the most out of it now.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. I've concieved without trying twice, why is it so hard now? I just don't get it and it is so painful.

kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#150 of 275 Old 11-13-2008, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastbayK View Post
I'm in the throes of PMS now, 13dpo. I cried during the Vetran's Day parade on tuesday, last night was an all out cryfest due to my frustration with TTC (two more pregnancies announced by friends). I swear the PMS is worse now than it ever used to be. Even through we are taking a break, I'm still wanting everything to magically work out...

When DH was first diagnosed with cancer, they said he would have about a 20 year life expectancy. That means that he's not even expected to make 60 years old, let alone retirement age. It feels like there is so much pressure to get on with life and get the most out of it now.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. I've concieved without trying twice, why is it so hard now? I just don't get it and it is so painful.

kim
No words of advice...just s

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page