The November Infertility ONE Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 275 Old 11-16-2008, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oregonduck, I'm sorry for your loss. It's one thing I'm scared of, esp after everything we've been through.

poetgirl, that's awesome. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! I actually didn't do any injectible cycles. I was on Femara, which is an alternative to Clomid. I didn't even have a trigger shot - they just waited for the LH surge and then did the IUI.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#182 of 275 Old 11-16-2008, 08:14 PM

Christophersmom- Wow, what bad luck. I'm sorry this cycle is a bust. Take care of yourself

Wgt- I completely understand what you mean regarding the donor thing. I hope you don't have to make the choice, but I think your proactive thinking is very positive. Peace with that will be.

LibbyLou- How are you?

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#183 of 275 Old 11-17-2008, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
LibbyLou- How are you?
My temp was up again yesterday, so I caved in and tested...BFN. I had a BIG temp drop this morning, so I'm guessing AF will show today or tomorrow. I have an appointment with my OB/GYN on Thursday. I know he mentioned wanting to do an HSG or Lap at my last appointment, so I'm a little nervous about that.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#184 of 275 Old 11-17-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLou View Post
My temp was up again yesterday, so I caved in and tested...BFN. I had a BIG temp drop this morning, so I'm guessing AF will show today or tomorrow. I have an appointment with my OB/GYN on Thursday. I know he mentioned wanting to do an HSG or Lap at my last appointment, so I'm a little nervous about that.
Sorry about the temp drop.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#185 of 275 Old 11-17-2008, 02:26 PM

LibbyLou--sorry about the temp drop. This happened to me last cycle and that cycle was promising.

AFM: Just got back from the docs. The bw was not that bad. 5 vials given. Testing everything that is known to man. (well almost) They did an us and found 3 huge cysts on my left ovary. They were going to start clomid today and do IUI this month but they decided that these cysts have to go. I am on birth control pills for a month and then hopefully they are gone and we can do IUI next cycle. They wrote scripts for clomid, hcg shot and progesterone cream when my body is cooperating. So in a sense it went alright. I am not to shock about the cysts cause after I ovulate my left side hurts like heck. Now I know why. Do you think these cysts were my main cause why I was not conceiving?

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#186 of 275 Old 11-17-2008, 04:14 PM

From what I understand, most cysts do not cause infertility issues. It is mostly cysts associated with PCOS that can be problematic.
#187 of 275 Old 11-17-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 View Post
From what I understand, most cysts do not cause infertility issues. It is mostly cysts associated with PCOS that can be problematic.
Thanks DaisyMae08--after I left the clinic, it occured to me that I should have asked the question if I have PCOS. More than likely its not but I am not sure. There were 3 big cysts on my left ovary right next to each other. Why couldn't go on clomid right now? Are they are afraid they will burst. I think I need to be educated on pcos. I just realized that I have been delayed a month or two cause of this, argh

I just took my first day of birth control pills. WOW last time I took pills was way back when I was a teen. I feel like my own body is a natural birth control. My dh said all those yrs that we were protecting was crazy.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#188 of 275 Old 11-17-2008, 11:12 PM

Clomid can cause cysts to rupture and can also create cysts. So if you already had a few, it makes sense to wait for them to go down. How frustrating to be delayed though!!!

My DH says the same thing about all those years of birth control. What a waste!
#189 of 275 Old 11-18-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
I just took my first day of birth control pills. WOW last time I took pills was way back when I was a teen. I feel like my own body is a natural birth control. My dh said all those yrs that we were protecting was crazy.
I can't even to begin to tell you how many times I have had the conversation with DH.

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#190 of 275 Old 11-18-2008, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

I'm officially admitting that I have no idea what is going on with my cycle this month. I am really curious to see what tomorrow's temp brings.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#191 of 275 Old 11-18-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I'm officially admitting that I have no idea what is going on with my cycle this month. I am really curious to see what tomorrow's temp brings.
Hmmm...not sure either! I will be watching for tomorrow's temp.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#192 of 275 Old 11-18-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
thanks daisymae08--after i left the clinic, it occured to me that i should have asked the question if i have pcos. More than likely its not but i am not sure. There were 3 big cysts on my left ovary right next to each other. Why couldn't go on clomid right now? Are they are afraid they will burst. I think i need to be educated on pcos. I just realized that i have been delayed a month or two cause of this, argh

i just took my first day of birth control pills. Wow last time i took pills was way back when i was a teen. I feel like my own body is a natural birth control. My dh said all those yrs that we were protecting was crazy.
hello. Just chiming in about the cysts. I have had no cysts and after 3 months of clomid now i do and i we are also on hold due to the cyst, waiting for our 3rd iui. Makes me think abouting taking the clomid again though. It seems so horrible to skip the whole month but it comes at a good time with the holidays and all. Hugs to all those that need it.:d

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#193 of 275 Old 11-18-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
. I am not to shock about the cysts cause after I ovulate my left side hurts like heck. Now I know why. Do you think these cysts were my main cause why I was not conceiving?
We were TTC for a year when I started seeing and RE who found two large cysts on my left ovary. They were cysts related to endometriosis. I had a laparoscopy, he was able to completely remove one of them. The other was too involved with my ovary, but he was able to reduce it. We conceived on my 2nd full cycle post surgery without any other interventions. So yes, I do believe that cysts can cause major fertility issues. My RE says that *anything* that is involved with the female reproductive system that's not supposed to be there can cause problems.
#194 of 275 Old 11-18-2008, 10:46 PM

MOMTOALEXIS- are you taking anything for the cysts now? I am on birth control pills now so hopefully they will go bye bye. Yes, the holidays puts a stress on us. We might be doing IUI in dec and I might fall right before or on xmas day. YIKES. Then dh needs to see his family overseas in jan so that month is out. Yup, I am a basket case waiting for the right time and all along I am so mad that this should happen on its own. Oh well. Is Injectables your next step if you decide not do clomid?

Voltige--oh thanks for telling me that anything can disrupt our fertility. Not that I want these cysts to be a problem but I would like to know if they are causing IF. Then I can move on and treat them.

DaisyMae08--yes its frustrating now esp when I am on birth control pills. Totally opposite of what we are trying to achieve here But the only thing is that pressure is off. Kind of relieved of not doing temps, monitor and opks.

gumby74- me with depo provera with condom, how much prevention can anyone do. I keep reminding dh how ironic this is. He was so afraid (he was SO not ready at the time) I would get pregnant and now we are trying so hard its not happening.

#195 of 275 Old 11-18-2008, 10:50 PM

wtg4, it is nice to have the pressure off a bit, isn't it? When DH and I started treatment I got to stop doing the monitoring and all of that. It was certainly a welcome break. The other thing is that our sex life returned to normal. There's no pressure involved with sex anymore. We can actually enjoy it again.
#196 of 275 Old 11-18-2008, 11:00 PM

Wtg4, I had clomid-induced cysts, two very big ones and acupuncture helped the biggest one rupture and resolve. I know because we did a point that corresponded and it was very painful then that night I felt more pain on that side. A few days later it was confirmed by u/s, from 5 cm to 1 cm. My TCM doc also gave me some chi detangler formula, bupluerum, I think. If that's helpful. GL! Also, I hear you on the spiel we get about "advanced maternal age" and all that...really hoping though that the fsh comes back fine.

Libbylou, Hmmmm, I will be watching your chart too!

Christopher''sMom, I am SO sorry your cycle got canceled. I really hope you get to move forward soon. How completely frustrating. Take good care.

So I found out my estradiol read the day before the iui was 1046, seems to corroborate with the u/s. My bbs are really big and sore which usually doesn't happen this early but I think it's probably a side effect of the trigger shot.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#197 of 275 Old 11-19-2008, 12:04 AM

Poetgirl- How long does it take to get results for fsh. I am so afraid to call the docs. I will call tomorrow just for the fsh level and have them mail rest of the tests done on me.

How does everyone gt there bw and other test results. Do you have them fax or email them or by snail mail. Does anyone use fax to email? If you do which site is good.

#198 of 275 Old 11-19-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Poetgirl- How long does it take to get results for fsh. I am so afraid to call the docs. I will call tomorrow just for the fsh level and have them mail rest of the tests done on me.

At my first place, I just went online and they were there 24 hrs. or so after the draw. Here I have been calling into the office to ask. FTR, I put off making the fsh call for a few days and finally I was ready to know. :

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#199 of 275 Old 11-19-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Yeah, we were on BCP before we got married. In the seven years we have been married we haven’t had to waste any $$ on BC, my body does it naturally 

Quote:
How does everyone get there BW and other test results. Do you have them fax or email them or by snail mail. Does anyone use fax to email? If you do which site is good.
Our MD has a message line, we call an 888 number, then enter our provider and patient ID, then get a voicemail. I guess it is good in one way because I can make sure I am somewhere I can cry or laugh or whatever when I get the results. But it is hard cause it is a message and you can’t ask questions until the next day. I get my results after 3PM, but before 5PM. I was stalking the message line the day I had BW after my first IVF to see if it was successful.

Poetgirl, still thinking positive vibes for you!!!!

Quote:
I have an appointment with my OB/GYN on Thursday. I know he mentioned wanting to do an HSG or Lap at my last appointment, so I'm a little nervous about that.
It is hard not to be nervous, but hopefully they will do some good. I had a lap in November 2002 and got pregnant on my own in January 2003. I had major adhesions, so knowing that I know we never would have been successful without it. The HSG was before that and I miserably failed. I had two more HSGs since and both were fine. Your stats for getting a positive go up after the HSGs, but it didn’t work for us.

I did get preg on our own after a saline ultrasound, but miscarried right away. I think it was probably a morphology issue with that loss, but who knows. My January miscarriage, the results came back as a normal baby girl, but that was IVF.

I am just waiting it out until we can go back to MD, probably this Friday for just BW, then wait for a period if Estrogen is going down. Then we can start again. I continued on the Lupron. Looking like *maybe* a December IVF. If something doesn’t go wrong.

Carly, mama to DS C (5th grade), DD Miss M (07/09, fostered 1/10, adopted 08/10), and Little Miss C (11/10, fostered 01/11, adopted 11/12). Foster Son, Mr. A, age 11 placed 10/13.
My angel babies , ~01/08~ (twins), ~09/08~, and ~01/09~.

#200 of 275 Old 11-19-2008, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

christophersmom, I'm so sorry that you've been through so much. I hope everything works out for your December IVF. :

AFM, CD 1...I woke up to AF. It looks like the B Complex I took this cycle lengthened my LP by a full 7 days and eliminated the spotting that I've had the last couple of cycles. Incredible, right? I was on b/c pills for 10 years, so maybe my poor body was just ridiculously deficient in B vitamins. I start Clomid again on CD 3 unless the Dr. tells me something different at my appointment tomorrow morning.

#201 of 275 Old 11-19-2008, 02:36 PM

LibbyLou-Very sorry for AF.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#202 of 275 Old 11-19-2008, 02:53 PM

I haven't been around here in a few days. Decided to go check out the loss support forums also. Nice group, but it makes me so sad.

The heavy bleeding appears to have stopped and I am now only spotting. I have a doctor appointment today, so I will see what she has to say about getting ready to try again and when I can get on Clomid. I think the days are getting easier, but I can still be set off crying for almost no reason. It has to get better...

Sorry to see those cycles that went bust this month. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for all of us next month!

cd.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif
Our dream come true, Chloe Aleksandra arrived on 9-10-10.
#203 of 275 Old 11-19-2008, 07:29 PM

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all a very "Positive" hoilday next week!! We are going out of town, and even though we are "on a break" I still finf myself thinking..."Ok, what days are better to bd, and will we be in a place that it's ok to do that??", etc....Hard to make my mind stop!!!!
#204 of 275 Old 11-19-2008, 07:58 PM

Today I started having some cramping - feels like ovaries. It's cd10, and I don't go in for an u/s to check follicles until cd12. Could this just be an effect of the Clomid (which I last took on Sunday)? Or should I be concerned that I might ovulate early? For what it's worth, last month I had my cd12 u/s and had to wait an extra day before doing the trigger and didn't have my IUIs until cd14 and 15.
#205 of 275 Old 11-19-2008, 08:24 PM

Daisy- It could just be the clomid, but taking a page from Poets book, maybe you can call the office tomorrow if you think you are ready.

#206 of 275 Old 11-19-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
momtoalexis- are you taking anything for the cysts now? I am on birth control pills now so hopefully they will go bye bye. Yes, the holidays puts a stress on us. We might be doing iui in dec and i might fall right before or on xmas day. Yikes. Then dh needs to see his family overseas in jan so that month is out. Yup, i am a basket case waiting for the right time and all along i am so mad that this should happen on its own. Oh well. Is injectables your next step if you decide not do clomid?

voltige--oh thanks for telling me that anything can disrupt our fertility. Not that i want these cysts to be a problem but i would like to know if they are causing if. Then i can move on and treat them.

daisymae08--yes its frustrating now esp when i am on birth control pills. Totally opposite of what we are trying to achieve here but the only thing is that pressure is off. Kind of relieved of not doing temps, monitor and opks.

gumby74- me with depo provera with condom, how much prevention can anyone do. I keep reminding dh how ironic this is. He was so afraid (he was so not ready at the time) i would get pregnant and now we are trying so hard its not happening.
hi again. I'm not taking any birth control, re said 99% of the time cysts caused by clomid will go away on their own, suppose to go back when af comes next month to see if they go away. So i'll go back for an u/s then and take it from there.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#207 of 275 Old 11-20-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Daisy- It could just be the clomid, but taking a page from Poets book, maybe you can call the office tomorrow if you think you are ready.
I think I'll call and just check in. I'd be hard pressed to actually get there today for an u/s, so that may just have to wait until tomorrow. DH and I did give it a go the natural way last night just in case.
#208 of 275 Old 11-20-2008, 12:18 PM

Hi everyone, I've been away for a bit. But we are back on track. I have 3 great follies, 1 @ 18 and 2 @ 15, triggered this am. But only had a lining of 3. Hoping it thickens up nicely for us.
I was so worried this cycle would get cancelled again, but we are gtg!

ps looks like I have a lot to catch up on.

JenaMom to ds & dd Proud to
#209 of 275 Old 11-20-2008, 01:07 PM

Meadow- Wow, ummm... 3 mm is really thin for a lining. What drug are you using? My doc says the lining should be at least 7mm, over 8 mm is ideal. We are on injectibles, which don't thin the lining at all. Hope it works out for you though:

#210 of 275 Old 11-20-2008, 02:28 PM

Naturalmom, I am on letrozole/femera, and ovidrel for a trigger.
Last cycle we did my lining was 8. So we are keeping our fingers crossed, that the extra time will help. We are also hoping I can try some progesterone suppositories to help out.

JenaMom to ds & dd Proud to

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page