The November Infertility ONE Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 275 Old 11-25-2008, 05:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Crystalmommy- Are you reading 'high' becuase of your PCOS? I understand you have elevated LH much of the time with PCOS. Have you heard this?

Wgt-I hope you can do your IUI with your cervix

AFM: Af came EARLY!!!! Got set up at the clinic with donor sperm. What an odd thing. I wish I never had to make these choices.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 275 Old 11-25-2008, 08:53 AM

natrualmom sorry about AF!! and about having to make hard decisions. Did you have trouble conceiving your other children?

AFM not sure if my pcos is a factor right now, my dr said that my pcos is under control. I had 28 day cycles even before starting on the clomid/femara, and have ovulated on my own even before the meds. I have had + opks before. I got another high reading today, nine days! I didn't think I would get tired of poas... but I am!!
#243 of 275 Old 11-25-2008, 09:10 AM

Crystalmommy- I am actually pretty fertile. My story is on the male infertility thread.
Whats up with the moniter??? There is a thread in TTC that is devoted to the clearblue easy fertility moniter. Its called CBFM and they have a monthly thread. Maybe those mamas can help.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#244 of 275 Old 11-25-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Crystalmommy- Are you reading 'high' becuase of your PCOS? I understand you have elevated LH much of the time with PCOS. Have you heard this?

Wgt-I hope you can do your IUI with your cervix

AFM: Af came EARLY!!!! Got set up at the clinic with donor sperm. What an odd thing. I wish I never had to make these choices.

My god, I am so sorry natrualmom. I don't know why these things happen. Its not fair. I am thinking about you and hope your family is at peace.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#245 of 275 Old 11-25-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post
natrualmom

AFM not sure if my pcos is a factor right now, my dr said that my pcos is under control. I had 28 day cycles even before starting on the clomid/femara, and have ovulated on my own even before the meds. I have had + opks before. I got another high reading today, nine days! I didn't think I would get tired of poas... but I am!!
That happened to me last month. I had 10 days of high before I saw a peak reading.

Quote:

I am really sorry.

Well I had a peak reading on my monitor today. Our IUI is tomorrow! Hoping that it goes well. I will update afterwards. Thanks for all the support.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#246 of 275 Old 11-25-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post
this is my first cycle w/o medications using my fertility monitor. I am ready to throw the freakin thing out the window. I have had eight days of "high" readings, still waiting for the peak reading. Is this normal??

Yes this is normal. Sometimes I have 10 days of high and then suddenly I get a peak. I have been using the monitor for over 7 cycles now. Is this your first month using it. Then this will be normal and its getting to know you.

Oh I was wondering if I can use the monitor if I am on clomid and HCG trigger shot next month. I am not sure if it will get confused.

Also if I am on clomid, never been on clomid, can my body surge(LH) by itself without the trigger. I am worried we might miss the ovulation time. I am totally freaking out right now.

The upcoming holidays are very sad and painful for me. I am teary eye as I right this and it sucks to be a work also feeling like this.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#247 of 275 Old 11-25-2008, 04:11 PM

I think they say not to use the CBFM when taking Clomid. It doesn't work correctly.
#248 of 275 Old 11-25-2008, 04:13 PM

Here's what I found for what it's worth.

Can I still use the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor if I am taking Clomid?
You may still use the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor if you are taking Clomid, but please be aware that the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor may not reliably detect High Fertility. However, it may still be possible to detect Peak Fertility. Therefore, if you are taking Clomid and trying to conceive, you may still benefit from using the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor, but consult with your physician first. In a recent study on patients using the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor while taking Clomid, some patients did experience more High Fertility days when taking Clomid but their Peak Fertility days were still accurately identified.

From: http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com...ityfriend.html
#249 of 275 Old 11-25-2008, 06:37 PM

NATURALMOM- So sorry about AF. I wonder every day why life is so unfair to all of us here. My prayers are with you through your next step.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#250 of 275 Old 11-25-2008, 07:47 PM

GL tomorrow Nummies

NatrualMom, Again, so sorry. Please take extra good care of yourself tonight. :

AFM, I'm 10 dpo, temps look good. Just had a rough day bringing a friend to a colposcopy in a VERY small poor town. There were 3 preg. teenagers in the waiting room (one with a kid already). I'm sorry, but it was so freakin hard for me. We'll see what happens in a few days. I was feeling hopeful for a while and then somehow when I was in that room, I had the feeling that I did not belong in that club, kwim? Maybe it's just the pain of waiting for so many years now. One grandma (who looked like she could be the mom) was talking about adopting her granddaughter from her daughter and visitation rights and all kinds of messed up stuff. I couldn't help thinking how much I (all of us) have to offer a child, then some girl in Hannah Montana jammie bottoms goes in for her u/s.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#251 of 275 Old 11-25-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
GL tomorrow Nummies

NatrualMom, Again, so sorry. Please take extra good care of yourself tonight. :

AFM, I'm 10 dpo, temps look good. Just had a rough day bringing a friend to a colposcopy in a VERY small poor town. There were 3 preg. teenagers in the waiting room (one with a kid already). I'm sorry, but it was so freakin hard for me. We'll see what happens in a few days. I was feeling hopeful for a while and then somehow when I was in that room, I had the feeling that I did not belong in that club, kwim? Maybe it's just the pain of waiting for so many years now. One grandma (who looked like she could be the mom) was talking about adopting her granddaughter from her daughter and visitation rights and all kinds of messed up stuff. I couldn't help thinking how much I (all of us) have to offer a child, then some girl in Hannah Montana jammie bottoms goes in for her u/s.

Thank you for the good luck wishes!

And I know what you mean about the pregnant teenagers. I have a 17 year old cousin who is pregnant. She is really immature and drinks/ smokes/ and does drugs while pregnant. It makes my heart hurt.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#252 of 275 Old 11-25-2008, 11:00 PM

I teach high school, and one of my sophomores just found out that she's pregnant. She's 15 yrs. old. It's VERY hard to take.
#253 of 275 Old 11-26-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 View Post
I teach high school, and one of my sophomores just found out that she's pregnant. She's 15 yrs. old. It's VERY hard to take.
Oh, Daisy : That's dreadful.

So the therm pretty much just burst my bubble on being preg this cycle. There goes my great chart. I had been noticing how my TCM pulses were so different and strong too, and thought this is the pregnancy pulse. I guess it's better I get let down now, the last few days are when I get so excited I start naming the darn baby. God help me.

#254 of 275 Old 11-26-2008, 03:01 PM

Poetgirl- Sorry about the temp drop.

My IUI went well this morning. Initial counts are ok. We won't know until Monday for the actual counts as they take a couple of days to do it I guess. Anyway, now we wait.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#255 of 275 Old 11-26-2008, 03:16 PM

Poetgirl--don't lose hope. Its only one temp. Many things might of caused it to drop. Wait for a few more days. You never know. You are still game as far as I can see.

#256 of 275 Old 11-26-2008, 04:08 PM

poetgirl that could be an implantation dip!! good luck!!

Wtg4miracle this is my second cycle using the fert monitor. I took Femara last cycle and it didn't give me any "high days" just went straight to peak. My dr said that was normal cause w/ the estrogen suppresant meds (clomid and femara) it couldn't pick up the "high" part, but was still accurate for the LH surge, which is all that matters anyway.

as for the pregnant teens, @ work we are amazed if we get a mom/dad that is over the age of 21!! We had 2 different girls last year, 14 and 15 year old girls that had twins!!! WTF?!? that part of my job is really hard to take sometimes!

AFM I am on day 18 and still no ovulation!! The last I have ever O'd on my own is 16 or 17. But this is the first time in 7 months I haven't taken pills so I guess my body is wondering what the hell is going on! sooo frustrating!! Cause that means my period will prolly be late, which will give me false hope!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Lots of turkey and pie!! :
#257 of 275 Old 11-26-2008, 08:48 PM

Poet- Please hold out hope. Do you POAS?

Had my baseline US today. Big cyst. BCP until Dec 22, then a recheck.
Praying for it to be gone. Anyone with this experience? Picked out a donor. Hoping for a Christmas present.

#258 of 275 Old 11-26-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:

Praying for it to be gone. Anyone with this experience? Picked out a donor. Hoping for a Christmas present.
I am on bcp for 3 big cysts on my left ovary. My first IUI delayed cause of this. It feels like a waste and unproductive month. I am also hoping the cysts go away this month so I can move on......

#259 of 275 Old 11-26-2008, 09:46 PM

Wgt- Is this your first month on BCP's? Your cysts are Clomid induced, right?

#260 of 275 Old 11-26-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Wgt- Is this your first month on BCP's? Your cysts are Clomid induced, right?
No clomid, never took clomid in my life. I have been off birth control for over 2 years now!! For the past 2 years I have been having regular cycles. I never knew I had cysts. I have no clue what caused them and what they really are. I don't know why I have them. Very interesting for me.I will be asking my doc when this pac of pills are gone. I am kind of hoping they are causing my if issues.

EDIT info: This is my first month of birth control pills, the cysts were noticed on my cd3 u/s. Nurse at the time said we could do clomid/iui and then when the us tech did the scan she saw the 3 big cysts, right next to each other. The us tech said I am no go for clomid this cycle the cysts have to go and they started me on bcp. I was so bummed. I was so ready and it was a major let down. DH is like this is ridiculous, its very unproductive in a sense. We can dtd every day and no chance of pregnancy. So ironic

#261 of 275 Old 11-26-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:

Thanks you guys. You're the best, keeping my hopes up when I am feeling so mopey. I did poas at like 5pm today to see if the trigger was out of my system (11dpo) and there was a very faint line so I think that's the remnant of it. The crampiness has subsided too so I think that was a trigger shot effect.

So sorry about the cysts. When I had really awful clomid-induced ones, acupuncture REALLY helped and thie chinese blend of herbs that is chi detangling bupluerum or something like that, FWIW.

#262 of 275 Old 11-26-2008, 11:32 PM

poetgirl uhhh when I had a trigger shot my poas was negative after 8dpo.
I thought trigger shots only stay in your system for 7 days. Keep
keep poas and see if the line gets darker!! Keeping my fingers
crossed for you!!
#263 of 275 Old 11-27-2008, 02:47 AM

Really, Crystal? I thought it stayed longer. This is my first one so I guess we'll find out how I metabolize it. But tech I guess I am 12 dptrigger. I am really not handling this very smoothly
One side of me is saying "but your temp sunk this morning" and the other side is saying "12 dptrigger and with 5pm pee...hmmm."
This happened to Lola last time...so we'll see what tomorrow brings but I am so sensitive to meds I have a strong feeling it's the trig.

Happy Thanksgiving :. I am thankful FOR YOU!

#264 of 275 Old 11-27-2008, 06:17 AM

Poet- Like I said in our other thread, you should have cleared the trigger by 10 days post trigger at the latest. Cautiously optimistic for you

#265 of 275 Old 11-27-2008, 06:50 AM

So I was having some thoughts on IF I thought I could share here, because you all understand. This whole IF journey has been things I never wanted. I never wanted a probe stuck up 'there' every waking moment. I never wanted the whole office staff to see my crotch. I never wanted to take drugs to alter my hormones. Never wanted a tenaculum, a balloon catheter, hormone shots or BCP's! Never wanted donor sperm. But I want to be pregnant, so this other crap really doesn't count. Seems unbalanced. But here we are, doing all of this to achieve our hearts desire

#266 of 275 Old 11-27-2008, 02:50 PM

hmmm well no line at all today w. fmu, part of me really expected to see one.
though temp did jump up again today.
we'll see tomorrow.

#267 of 275 Old 11-28-2008, 12:20 AM

Happy thanksgiving to all! Got stuck working today, 12hrs so that stunk. Hope everyone had a good one.

naturalmom- i of course now how u feel. I've been off this month due to clomid induced cyst and it's so upsetting to waste a month but i don't miss sitting in that re office with everyone just staring at the walls. I've never felt emotions like this in my entire life. I am an er nurse in an extremely poor neighborhood and had an hiv+ girl on heroine pregnant for the 9th time with 7 prior abortions and 4 months prego with no prenatal care and actually asked me if prenatal care is important, not to mention the prisoners that come in prego, and the girl who tried to kill herself is prego, and the multiple girls high on heroine that can't even stay awake to give me their name are prego too. This i see a couple times a week. I want to scream and choke every single on of them. Sorry to ramble on but we are all feeling the same way here, and none of us are alone obviously. I conceived my daughter on a slip with my first husband and am very greatful for her but my husband has no children and my daughter begs for, a sibling everyday, it's heartbreaking, all i think about and dream about is being pregnant, people tell u to stop thinking about it and it will happen. Screw them it is impossible to do that. Well glad i got that out.

Good luck to all in the 2ww, it's excruciating.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#268 of 275 Old 11-29-2008, 05:55 PM

Natrualmom--I hear you girl. I never thought in my life I would be showing my crotch to so many docs and nurses. Theres a nurse at the RE office who I knew from long time ago who worked at the hospital I work at. How weird is that. She is an excellant nurse, very kind and caring but man she has to see my private stuff after all. Oh well if this what it takes to get pregnant then thats how its going to be.

AFM--got the mail just now, 3 page report, basically I was so scared to open it but screw it I needed to know what is happening.

FSH is 5.6 (I am so happy that I was so worried that I would be above 10)
Testosterone was high 0.49. It should be less than 0.1. Everything else is within normal limits. Doctor did wrote "left" next to the testosterone on the lab report. This is the only thing that is abnormal. I do have 3 cysts on my left ovary. So something is going on here but not sure. I am on bcp for this month so I can get rid of them. What does all this mean cysts and high testosterone?

#269 of 275 Old 11-29-2008, 06:54 PM

When I was tested for high testosterone they told me it could be an indicator that I was produceing abnormal quality eggs. It ended up that I didn't have high testosterone, but they were convinced at first that was what was going on with me.

POET: How are you doing today?

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#270 of 275 Old 11-29-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
When I was tested for high testosterone they told me it could be an indicator that I was produceing abnormal quality eggs. It ended up that I didn't have high testosterone, but they were convinced at first that was what was going on with me.

POET: How are you doing today?
Hi Gumby, thanks for asking. Here's my update from the IUI thread:
So yeah, I really think I'm out. BFN today.
I just found out my sister's 4th ivf attempt has been cancelled again and she says it appears she is going through 'rapid ovarian failure.' I feel terrible for her. I think we will try one more inject/iui cycle (so I'm not doing ivf during the holidays) and then try ivf in Jan.
We had 3 follies and 42 mil sperm. Even though this last fsh read was 6.9, I am wondering if something is wrong w. my eggs

I'm not very hopeful because at this point, I think it's just the progesterone keeping my temps up.

Wtng4, That is an incredible # for fsh! Wow
Have they checked you for pcos? I believe there can be a link between high test. and that. Otherwise, I am not sure how that would affect things. I have low test. but I've never been told that is a problem.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page