The November Infertility ONE Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 275 Old 11-01-2008, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
November

The Infertility ONE Thread

A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Trying to Conceive

blueyezz4 - TTC #1 since July 2006; Have done 3 rounds of clomid (1 - 100mg and 2 - 50mg), 2 failed IUIs and now moving onto injectibles/IUI if this "somewhat natural" cycle (used a trigger shot) doesn't work.

christophersmom - TTC#2 since November 2005. Multiple rounds of Clomid, two HSG's, 1 IVF in November 2007 (twins miscarried in January 2008), miscarriage in September 2008. Trying IVF again.

Crystal-mommy - TTC #2 w/ PCOS on and off for 3 yrs. 2 clomid cycles-BFN, 1st cycle w/ femara

Curly Sue - age 27, dh is 30. TTC for 15 months with slight endometriosis, low count, poor morphology and motility. Starting IVF with ICSI.

DaisyMae08 - TTC for 15 months. Trying Clomid + Ovidrel trigger.

FayeO - Tired mama to DD (1/03). TTC #2 since November 2005. Recently diagnosed with MFI (antisperm antibodies). Currently TTC with unmedicated IUIs. Had 3 failed IUIs prior to diagnosis and 2 failed IUIs since diagnosis (2 medicated, 3 unmedicated). On hold with IUI in August and September due to being out of town at prime time (what luck!).

future_mom2b - 24 and ttc for 2 years. Diagnosed with PCOS in January 2007. Trying with Clomid and Metformin.

gumby74 - ttc #2 with just the use of folic acid and baby aspirin. If not successful, we will do the hormone IUI route starting next cycle.

hapi2help - I am a 33 yo mom to one DS conceived naturally after 11 months of TTC. We have been trying for 19 months this time around. I have recently been diagnosed with blocked fallopian tubes and am now contemplating surgery and IUI or going straight to IVF.

Happily Blessed - I am 39. We dealt with IF for 7.5 years before conceiving via IVF/ICSI/AH for my little man who is 22 months. We are now TTC #2 with IUI. This is the second IUI we have done with Femara, the first was with Follistem, and this one was with straight Femara. When we did the IUI on Monday, the 27th, it was with 1 #20mm follie. I am praying this one works. I also have PCOS, APA, and MTHFR factors. Dh is just fine but we still put him on Fertility Blend for Men for this cycle.

hope4light - TTC since March 2006 with MFI and slightly low progesterone. Currently TTC with IVF with ICSI, cycle 1 round 1 and 2 canceled. Round 3 left me with a BFN.

jasminewb - TTC #1 since Oct 2005, IUI's 1-4, BFN! IVF #1, BFP-Chemical. IVF #2 Nov-Dec 08!

kparker - TTC with MFI after testicular cancer and radiation. The remaining testical has varicocele. Trying naturally for a few months before seeking treatment.

LibbyLou - TTC #1 since Sept 2007 with PCOS. Cystic fibrosis carrier. Currently trying Metformin + Clomid.

MeadowMom - TTC#2 with PCOS and fibroids. Using Letrozole and HCG trigger.

natrualmom - TTC#3, new MF issues. IUI #4 with letrazole/injectibles/trigger/IUI

Needle In the Hay - Experiencing unexplained secondary infertility for 5+ years. Starting IUI's this cycle. Also dealing with hypothyroidism; started treament for that about a year ago.

nummies - 25, TTC #2. Conceived 17 month old son from IVF/ ICSI. MFI with 0-1% normal sperm morphology. Doing our first IUI in January

poetgirl - TTC for 25 cycles. Low progesterone, possible premature ovarian problems, LPD and hypothalamus dysfunction. Removed polyp 3/08. 4 failed Clomid/IUI cycles, doing Follistim/IUI this month and then IVF.

wtg4miracle - MFI and older, I am 38 and he is 43. We just failed our 6month of ttc and waiting to see an RE.

Taking a Break

EastbayK Taking a break while still hoping and dreaming

Held - 39 years old, TTC #1 since 2005 (although no prevention since late 2002). Dealing with mild MFI (low motility) and unexplained. Currently taking a break. :

Julia'sMom TTC#2 with PCOS. DD1 conceived with met, clomid & hcg. No response to clomid this time. Recovering from miscarrying twins after IVF. Trying naturally until IVF in January.

kristenok18. TTC#2 since 2004, taking a break.

lola88 - 37 years old (38 in December). TTC since October 2005. Finally got BFP in March '08 only to m/c at 9 weeks. Started first round of clomid 3 days ago, and starting first IUI in September.

lovebug - TTC#1 for over 3 years, but on a break while DH is in Iraq.

oregonduck - age 34 and DH, 31. TTC #1 since June 2007. Have done one Clomid cycle so far. Taking a break after m/c.

::: MIA :::
(These people did not post in October and will be removed if they don't post in November)

biomama TTC since November 2007. Waiting for a fall IVF.

Katie34 - 35 yrs old, IF due to toxins from periodontal surgeries. Trying chinese herbs and sweats and other natural ways to make the body healthier.

organitarian - 29 y/o, been trying to concieve for 3 years. Metformin didnt work and tracking didnt work. Do not ovulate, overweight, currently using diet and exercise.

::: Graduates :::
(May everyone who passes through this thread find their way to this section)

Aly22681 TTC #1 since January 2007, 3 MCs. --> July 2008

Kiki99 TTC #1 since Apr 2007 (unexplained infertility) with DH. 1 unmedicated IUI - failed, 2 Clomid IUI's - failed and had my 4th IUI with injectables. --> July 2008

mischievium :TTC since February 2007 with MFI (antisperm antibodies) and possible mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Currently TTC with Clomid and IUI. --> July 2008

Jelly Bean TTC #2 since April 07. one unmedicated IUI, one month of just clomid, one month of clomid and 2 IUI's and this month we did injectibles and 2 IUI's. --> July 2008

Corikodjo 39, TTC since August of 2007,1 Chemical Pregnancy 11/07, on 2nd IUI --> August 2008

blueRhino TTC #1 since June 2007. TTC with Chinese herbs and acupuncture. --> September 2008

Voltige - TTC #2 since 7/07; Recently diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS but trying to conceive naturally for a few cycles post surgical laparoscopy --> October 2008

songbird45 - TTC #1 with PCOS since January 2007. Pregnant after 22 months and 4 medicated IUI cycles! --> October 2008

PLEASE let the threadkeeper know if there is anything you would like to add/ delete/ change from your synopsis above (including silly things like not liking the color your username is in) either by bolding the information you want changed/ updated in your post or by sending the threadkeeper a PM. And PLEASE check to make sure that the correct chart is linked to the chart icon in front of your username.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 275 Old 11-01-2008, 12:04 PM

Thanks Libbylou for starting a new thread! A fresh start for a new month. Wow its November already.

Yesterday we had our first RE visit. Nothing huge went on. No tests were performed, just questions. It wasn't so horrible as I thought it would be. The RE just asked basic general questions. I mentioned to him about dh severe morphology and he wasn't putting to much emphasis on it. He said the lab we used was probably using old machines. He thinks the SA was not based on krueger or WHO. He thinks they were using there own standards. So dh will be doing another SA at the RE office. I pushed the Re for another SA, he wasn't to concerned to much about dh. He was more looking at me. Hes little concerned of my age and he wants to do more tests.

So he wants me to test call when cd1 comes and I come in and they will do tonsof bloodwork on cd3 and ultrasounds. Then somewhere around cd5 and cd7 he will do the HSG and some other procedure where they do saline. Then he will start a plan for us. He thinks after our "interview" he wants to do clomid/ IUI for 3-6 cycles, then injectables/IUI for 3-6 cycles and then onto IVF. But he said we can do whatever we want do.

He only gave me 3-6% chance of pregnancy for clomid/IUI. 15-20% chance with injectables/IUI. 30% chance with IVF (kind of lower cause of my age).

Now, my debate why do clomid with only at best for 6%, I am thinking of jumping into injectables first. I ovulate on my own with no problems so using clomid will be mute.

I would like to know what others did with these options. What would you do if you had a choice?

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#3 of 275 Old 11-01-2008, 01:50 PM

wtg4miracle - I would definitely do the HSG and sonohysterogram to make sure tubes are open and healthy. I see that you say that you ovulate, but there is LUFS - lutenized unruptured follicle syndrome which would be helped by the trigger injection to make sure you produce an egg when you ovulate. Does that make sense? I agree with you to possible go straight to injections/IUI. You could even look at possibly do Femara/injectable/IUI. That is what we have done.

I am new to this thread and seeing that it is the first day, wanted to join on a fresh thread.

I am 39. We dealt with IF for 7.5 years before conceiving via IVF/ICSI/AH for my little man who is 22 months. We are now TTC #2 with IUI. This is the second IUI we have done with Femara, the first was with Follistem, and this one was with straight Femara. When we did the IUI on Monday, the 27th, it was with 1 #20mm follie. I am praying this one works. I also have PCOS, APA, and MTHFR factors. Dh is just fine but we still put him on Fertility Blend for Men for this cycle.

laural
#4 of 275 Old 11-01-2008, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the new thread, LibbyLou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post
Well, I had my appt with the RE after 3 rounds of clomid and 2 IUI failures so now he wants me to do 2 rounds of injectables and then if neither one of those 2 work it is on to IVF (or so he says, not sure what the bank account says!!!!). So my question is... Is gonal F the same as Follistim???? I thought i had heard that somewhere. I know Gonal F Pen is more expensive I think, so i didn't know if i could ask for the Follistim instead. Anyone have any input on which one is better and why?????? He had recommended the Gonal F Pen. TIA
Two things. First, Gonal F and Follistim are both injectible FSH, so it doesn't hurt to ask for Follistim if that's what you want! Second, Why only 2 IUI's? My RE wanted me to move on after 3, but we decided to do 6 because we knew the Femara was making me ovulate and wanted to give it a fair shot at working. I conceived on try 4. If you feel ready to move on, I don't want to second-guess that, but I just wanted to say that you shouldn't feel pressured by your RE to move on if you're not ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
He only gave me 3-6% chance of pregnancy for clomid/IUI. 15-20% chance with injectables/IUI. 30% chance with IVF (kind of lower cause of my age).

Now, my debate why do clomid with only at best for 6%, I am thinking of jumping into injectables first. I ovulate on my own with no problems so using clomid will be mute.

I would like to know what others did with these options. What would you do if you had a choice?
With the age factor and the difference in success ratio I think it makes sense to try the injectibles IUI for 3-6 tries. That will also give you a good idea of how you respond and whether to move on to IVF sooner or later. In my case I knew my problem was ovulation so it made sense to try to induce ovulation and try to conceive as naturally as possible.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#5 of 275 Old 11-01-2008, 04:56 PM

Thanks songbird and happily blessed. I will do all my tests once af shows up and then I will take it from there. I will be leaning towards injectables but still open to clomid. I have a few weeks to think what is best. I will ask my docs opinion on it. I just want to be a little more aggressive since I don't have much time left.

Please anyone jump in and let me know what worked best for you. I am all ears and eyes. thanks

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#6 of 275 Old 11-01-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Thanks for the new thread, LibbyLou!

Two things. First, Gonal F and Follistim are both injectible FSH, so it doesn't hurt to ask for Follistim if that's what you want! Second, Why only 2 IUI's? My RE wanted me to move on after 3, but we decided to do 6 because we knew the Femara was making me ovulate and wanted to give it a fair shot at working. I conceived on try 4. If you feel ready to move on, I don't want to second-guess that, but I just wanted to say that you shouldn't feel pressured by your RE to move on if you're not ready.

Thanks for your response!!! I've actually done 3 rounds of clomid (1st 100mg - thinned my lining way too much, and then 2 rounds of 50mg which didn't seem to get enough good follicles just one or so). So the RE thinks we need to increase our number of follies to help improve our chances of getting the egg. That is why we have only done 2 IUI's. I could have done one actually today (natural with only a trigger shot no clomid) but we decided to just trigger and go "old school" (as my DH likes to call it now) this month and if we don't get our BFP : then next month we will head for the injectibles (I'm a little scared, but hope that they don't even affect me at all just like the clomid didn't . I wish I could use Femara, but the practice I use won't use it!! I did ask since I know it doesn't thin your lining like clomid so it seemed like it might be perfect for me - but it was a no go.

So Gonal F and follistim are both injectible FSH...Is one the generic for the other or are they two different brands??? Wonder if one is better than the other or if most people use one over the other for some reason??? That Gonal F pen seems pretty convenient though, i have to say. Let me know if anyone has any more info on the two. Thanks.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#7 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 01:15 AM

I am having a hard time being as positive as I was @ the beginning of the cycle... my progesterone was 19.1 which is good. But doesn't mean a whole lot unless I get that BFP this month!! My dh is being an assmunch, which makes things hard. Sometimes I feel like the only reason he is agreeing to TTC is b/c he really doesn't think it will ever work. very frustrating!!

what do you guys do?? do you believe till af shows that your preg... or be cynical like me and be convinced that it didn't work?? I am TRYING really hard to believe I am preg this month- but, I am afraid its going to make AF that much harder. (not being very positive if I am already worrying about af showing! I am hopeless @ being positive!!)

I just want to climb under a rock and hide!!
#8 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 02:59 AM

Crystalmom- I would like to chime in and say this time I waited for AF because I did not want to see the BFN. It feels like an insult to see the snow white pee stick or the dreaded words 'not pregnant'. It did hurt to see AF, but not as much as BFN. Anyways, I felt I made a good decision for me.

Wgt- My doc says the reason for the lower chances with Clomid is because Clomid binds all estrogen receptors which thins the uterine lining out so much. He says Femara(Letrazole) has a higher sucess rate because it only binds some of the receptors, hence, a better uterine lining. The best results were from injectibles (Follstim or Gonal -f, same thing) because it does nothing with the estrogen.

AFM: IUI #5 with letrazole until monday, Gonal f Tues and Wed, U/S on Thursday. I thought last month was my month. I'm losing hope here. I started Dong Qui tea. Anything at this point.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#9 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Thanks Libbylou for starting a new thread! A fresh start for a new month. Wow its November already.

Yesterday we had our first RE visit. Nothing huge went on. No tests were performed, just questions. It wasn't so horrible as I thought it would be. The RE just asked basic general questions. I mentioned to him about dh severe morphology and he wasn't putting to much emphasis on it. He said the lab we used was probably using old machines. He thinks the SA was not based on krueger or WHO. He thinks they were using there own standards. So dh will be doing another SA at the RE office. I pushed the Re for another SA, he wasn't to concerned to much about dh. He was more looking at me. Hes little concerned of my age and he wants to do more tests.

So he wants me to test call when cd1 comes and I come in and they will do tonsof bloodwork on cd3 and ultrasounds. Then somewhere around cd5 and cd7 he will do the HSG and some other procedure where they do saline. Then he will start a plan for us. He thinks after our "interview" he wants to do clomid/ IUI for 3-6 cycles, then injectables/IUI for 3-6 cycles and then onto IVF. But he said we can do whatever we want do.

Sounds like it went really well. I like your plan of action. If it were me, I would obviously get all the testing done, then skip over to inject/ IUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happily Blessed View Post

I am new to this thread and seeing that it is the first day, wanted to join on a fresh thread.

I am 39. We dealt with IF for 7.5 years before conceiving via IVF/ICSI/AH for my little man who is 22 months. We are now TTC #2 with IUI. This is the second IUI we have done with Femara, the first was with Follistem, and this one was with straight Femara. When we did the IUI on Monday, the 27th, it was with 1 #20mm follie. I am praying this one works. I also have PCOS, APA, and MTHFR factors. Dh is just fine but we still put him on Fertility Blend for Men for this cycle.

laural
Welcome!!! Good luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post
I am having a hard time being as positive as I was @ the beginning of the cycle... my progesterone was 19.1 which is good. But doesn't mean a whole lot unless I get that BFP this month!! My dh is being an assmunch, which makes things hard. Sometimes I feel like the only reason he is agreeing to TTC is b/c he really doesn't think it will ever work. very frustrating!!

what do you guys do?? do you believe till af shows that your preg... or be cynical like me and be convinced that it didn't work?? I am TRYING really hard to believe I am preg this month- but, I am afraid its going to make AF that much harder. (not being very positive if I am already worrying about af showing! I am hopeless @ being positive!!)

I spend most of the month preparing myself for the worst. I hate the 2ww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
AFM: IUI #5 with letrazole until monday, Gonal f Tues and Wed, U/S on Thursday. I thought last month was my month. I'm losing hope here. I started Dong Qui tea. Anything at this point.

AFM: DH had his SA on Saturday. All went well, we find out about our results at our RE appointment on Wednesday!

LibbyLou- Thanks for starting the thread!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#10 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 01:07 PM

Af showed her face today............and I am hosting a baby shower. Coincidence????

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#11 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 01:10 PM

Crystal-mommy--I know the 2 ww is very hard. Especially when we were let down many times with a BFN. Its like negative feeback. If you stay positive and hopeful and you get a slap in the face when AF shows. I know the feeling, why bother at times. You try to guard your feelings so that it will not hurt so bad when AF shows up. Its like being hopeful but not being to much hopeful.

Naturalmom--don't lose hope yet, try few more IUIs. How many follicles do you have when you do the IUIs? Thanks for mentioning Femara. I will ask my doc about this. I might give clomid/femara a try first. I am still debating on this. I will take one day at a time and wait for all my test results come back.

blueyezz4--good luck this month on the "old school". I had to smile when you said this. I am in the beginning stages of preperation for IUI.

nummies--good luck on SA. thanks for the advice on using injects/IUI. I think this where I am leaning towards.

Afm-I am 6dpo and feeling nothing going on. No cramps, no twinges, nothing. Its not like I should give my hopes up anyways. Its that our chances of regular "old school" is next to nil. So why do I even bother putting my hopes up. Now after reading someones post mentioning that you can have all the surges and you might not pop out the egg. I am thinking this is happening to me. I have the buildup leading up to ovulation and then when the time comes it doesn't want to come out. hmm

I am wondering can our temps go up without actually releasing the egg?

#12 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Af showed her face today............and I am hosting a baby shower. Coincidence????
I am so sorry. Lifes cruel joke. One day it will be your day. I was in your situation many times. Have a few mimosas(sp) if you drink. Or have tons of coffee.

#13 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happily Blessed View Post
Welcome! I've added you to the first post.

Quote:

I tell myself every cycle that I'm not going to believe every little twinge means I'm pregnant, but I find it very hard not to get my hopes up. My heart doesn't seem to want to listen to my brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
s That's crummy.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#14 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 07:21 PM

Into week 2 of the 2ww here. I go for my test on Friday. Today I helped throw a baby shower for one of my good friends. The only time it was really hard was when everyone started talking about when they plan on starting a family and who will be the next one to get pregnant and then of course asked me when DH and I plan on having children. I had to come home and take a nap after that.
#15 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 View Post
Into week 2 of the 2ww here. I go for my test on Friday. Today I helped throw a baby shower for one of my good friends. The only time it was really hard was when everyone started talking about when they plan on starting a family and who will be the next one to get pregnant and then of course asked me when DH and I plan on having children. I had to come home and take a nap after that.
Big hugs to you. Even though I now have a son, and am trying for #2, I still refuse to go to babyshowers. I will buy them a present but that is about the extent of it all. I didn't even enjoy the one I had. Hate the little affairs.
#16 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 09:17 PM

I'm new to this thread - but I've been following your stories for the past two months. I've been ttc for 2 1/2 years, been through 3 cycles of clomid, changed doctors, been diagnosed "unexplained infertility", and just went through a cycle of clomid + hcg shot + IUI. Last Monday, my bloodwork showed progesterone at 134.5. Tomorrow I go for more bloodwork to check for a BFP... but AF has already started to show signs of coming. I started spotting. And I'm cramping. I had such high hopes this month, and now I've been crying all day.

Hugs to all of you that attend/host baby showers. Those events make me a wreck, too. I like Happily Blessed's idea: just send a gift.
#17 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 10:19 PM

I think if the shower had been for anybody else, I probably would have just sent along a gift. For this friend, I felt like I really needed to be there for her.

DH and I were just talking about how hard it was and he told me his experience visiting one of his college buddies yesterday, whose wife is due in Dec. They asked him about having kids and he told them we planned on it and would start trying eventually (he didn't really want to share) and his buddy's wife started giving him fertility tips (what to eat, take zinc, etc). He said it was really hard. People mean well, but sheesh.
#18 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 10:32 PM

just started my 4th round of clomid...yuck!! does this stuff make anyone else nauseous? i think we are going for the iui this month, if i don't O at Thanksgiving since we'll be out of town, which i shouldn't.....we'll see. Good luck to all y'all in the 2ww!
#19 of 275 Old 11-02-2008, 10:46 PM

kjbarr, so sorry about AF. Such an unwelcomed visitor.
#20 of 275 Old 11-03-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I am wondering can our temps go up without actually releasing the egg?
My dr said that you can NOT ovulate and still get a rise in your temp- he said some ppl just have a natural rise in temp about midcycle. He said I didn't need to temp- but I could if I wanted to. I haven't temped in a few months-it was more stressful scrutinizing my chart and then getting AF.

kjbar my progesterone my second month on clomid was 115. everyone was sure I was preg... BFN!! sucks!! hopefully AF won't show and it's your baby "burrowing" My bff is 7 weeks preg and was sure she was getting af b/c of all the cramping- she was wrong!!

gumby for 3-4 months in a row the day AF showed I would get news that someone else was preg... talk about devastating!! One month I found out my sis' friend who doesn't have custody of her 1st kid, is mildly challenged (I am trying to put that nicely- there is really something wrong w/ this girl!!) is preg again!! I thought I was going to come unglued! Another month it was DH's friend who is having a 3rd baby- they can barely pay for the 2 they have... it seems like it is never-ending!!

DaisybWhat cd will you be on friday? I will be 12dpo friday so I think I might test... not sure yet. I would like to hold off till monday, but I don't know if I can hold off that far. I usually get AF sx about 4-5 days before she shows, so by wed or thurs I will have a better idea of what might be going on.
Good luck!!
#21 of 275 Old 11-03-2008, 02:46 AM

kjbarr- hold out! Its not over till AF is here!

dasie-good luck and a fast 2ww. I hate the 2ww the worst

gumby- sorry for af, the b&@#$%

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#22 of 275 Old 11-03-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
DaisybWhat cd will you be on friday? I will be 12dpo friday so I think I might test... not sure yet. I would like to hold off till monday, but I don't know if I can hold off that far. I usually get AF sx about 4-5 days before she shows, so by wed or thurs I will have a better idea of what might be going on.
Good luck!!
I will be cd 29 on Friday and I won't test myself beforehand. I can't stand doing them at home anymore. It's too devastating to be told no by that darn stick. In fact, sevefal months ago I just started waiting for AF. So this month, I'll just wait for the blood test required by my doctor.

Normally I have AF symptoms a week ahead, but I don't this month which may just be a result of the drugs. I don't know. Guess I'll find out on Friday one way or the other.

Good luck to you too, Crystal-mommy!
#23 of 275 Old 11-03-2008, 09:53 AM

Daisy- I'm with you on this. I am not going to POAS until AF is good and late.
Good luck to you!! I had no AF sx last cycle and then she came right on time... I blame the drugs too

#24 of 275 Old 11-03-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 View Post
I will be cd 29 on Friday and I won't test myself beforehand. I can't stand doing them at home anymore. It's too devastating to be told no by that darn stick. In fact, sevefal months ago I just started waiting for AF. So this month, I'll just wait for the blood test required by my doctor.

Normally I have AF symptoms a week ahead, but I don't this month which may just be a result of the drugs. I don't know. Guess I'll find out on Friday one way or the other.

Good luck to you too, Crystal-mommy!
After what happened to me this month, I think this is a great idea to wait. I POAS two days BEFORE AF was to arrive, and got a false positive. Talk about devastating!! Good luck!
#25 of 275 Old 11-03-2008, 12:36 PM

ok.. you girls have talked me into waiting. I am going to try to not poas until next monday. That will be 15dpo. That will actually work out ok b/c I am off this weekend and don't want to be bummed in advance. altho I had TWO very vivid dreams that I was preg. 1st one was that I was leaking milk everywhere, and the 2nd I had taken 3 pregnancy tests in like a 5 minute period and they were all positive!! so...

I blame first response company for a lot of this nonsense!! They have a "counter" that counts down to the "test day". I am 8dpo and it says I can test right now!?! unless my baby implanted @ 5 or 6dpo there is a very very slim chance it would be + right now. That is insane!!
#26 of 275 Old 11-03-2008, 12:59 PM

We are not doing our first IUI this month as the dr. didn't see any sign of ovulation. It could be that it's late (I tend to have longish cycles) but since I'm on CD 18 and there was no follicle in sight she gave me dydrogesterone to bring on AF (I take it for ten days and then AF should come soon after) and then serophene to take CD 3-7. Then I'll go in for an u/s around CD 10 and we'll go from there. If ovulation looks good I think we'll be doing an IUI.

Like others, I don't do the hpts either. I haven't done one since spring 2005 when I got a BFP (and a week later m/c).
#27 of 275 Old 11-03-2008, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck to everyone who's close to testing! Hopefully this thread will have a flood of happy news over the next couple of weeks!!!

AFM, the nurse called today to let me know that DH's SA came back fine. She didn't give me exact results over the phone, but said she put them in the mail last week. We should get them in the next day or two.

I was very excited because I thought I Oed on Saturday, but today's temp was way down. I had O pains Saturday morning, and then my bbs got sore. Those are my tell-tale signs normally. My bbs are still a little sore today, so maybe I'm going to O in the next few days or maybe today's temp was a fluke. I guess I'll know more tomorrow.

#28 of 275 Old 11-03-2008, 05:07 PM

Thanks LibbyLou for the new thread. I think I need to update my bio:
Please change to:
TTC for 25 cycles. Low progesterone, possible premature ovarian problems, LPD and hypothalamus dysfunction. Removed polyp 3/08. 4 failed Clomid/IUI cycles, doing Follistim/IUI this month and then IVF.

So.. my chart looks good here at 13 dpo but polar bears could have hibernated in my stark white bfn. I had a rough day yesterday, I guess I was really hoping this would be our "fluke" cycle. Last natural one before the inject and so forth. A friend said the other day she really felt "things would work out" and I thought to myself, they already haven't worked out. Like even if someday I get pregnant, this did not "work out." I've been depressed for over a year, our marriage is strained, I feel isolated from other women my age, so on and so forth. Even IF the miracle happens (and of course I hope it does), you can't erase the emotional turmoil of not being able to have children by making love. KWIM?

Also, I was supposed to talk about POF (premature ovar. failure). Well, it's not too common. I don't know of anyone here on MDC yet who has that diag. It is when your ovaries age rapidly in you 30's causing premature menopause. It is genetic says my RE and he is worried (as am I) because I had two aunts who entered menopause around age 37, my mom did at 43 and my 38 yr old sister is not responding to high amounts of drugs with ivf. Last year we were not worried about it as I had an fsh read of 6. This # may have double during the past year though (we're not sure how accurate the day of my last test was which came back as 12.1). We're testing it again my next CD3 and I am nervous. Assuming I am falling into this same pattern, we are doing 1 follistim cycle and then moving onto ivf.
Hope that helped explain it a bit. It really quite blows.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#29 of 275 Old 11-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Why in the world does Kmart carry about 15 different types of preg test?? I was shopping and the pretty boxes called my name!! I didn't buy any, just stared @ them. First response has a new one that detects 2 different types of hcg levels... anyone heard of this?? I think its first response gold. just wondering.

poet sorry about your bfn- but you aren't out till AF shows her ugly face! good luck!! your right about not being able to forget all the turmoil we have gone thru to hopefully get our babies. I am sure if/when I do get preg I am going to treat myself like a very very fragile piece of glass!! will be terrified it isn't going to stick!
#30 of 275 Old 11-03-2008, 07:00 PM

Thanks for including me. I started my IVF cycle in September. My protocol is BCP, then add in Lupron, then stop BCP, add in Follistim, lower Lupron, add in low-dose Ovidrel and so on. Well, I got a few days into the lowered Lurpon, low-dose Ovidrel, and Follistim. I got very c=sick and called the pharmacy again (had caleld before first dose of Ovidrel since packaging looked different) and found out I was overdosing on the Ovidrel, basically giving myself Lupron for suppression, stims, and a trigger shot every day I was pissed. So I had to stop and wait for a period and now am starting Lupron again on Thursday.
So it has been a big mess and I am still mad at Pharmacy.
I had 4500 units of Follistim that expired in October 2008 that I had really wanted to use. I still can't bring myself to throw it away. The pharmacy is supplying me all my meds for this cycle free and reimbursing me for my time in clinic and all money paid for that failed cycle.

Carly, mama to DS C (5th grade), DD Miss M (07/09, fostered 1/10, adopted 08/10), and Little Miss C (11/10, fostered 01/11, adopted 11/12). Foster Son, Mr. A, age 11 placed 10/13.
My angel babies , ~01/08~ (twins), ~09/08~, and ~01/09~.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page