Frozen Embryo Transfer Cycles (FET) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 56 Old 11-14-2008, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
C'mon, I know you're out there. I am on bcps and the nasty supression stuff, day 16 of my cycle and trying to be grounded and healthy. I guess transfer will be 2nd week of Dec? I can't get the dates straight in my head. Then will come the dreaded 2ww. I would love to have some FET cycle buddies!!! Tell me your stories. Send us all some : Share tips!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#2 of 56 Old 11-15-2008, 02:39 PM

Hey CRM, as you may know I am having a fresh cycle with ER scheduled for Tuesday, but just wanted to let you know that I am here for you and will be a 'cycle buddy' for you! I have a totally different perspective on IVF after everything I've gone through the last few weeks!
#3 of 56 Old 11-15-2008, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck on Tuesday!!!! And thank you so much for your support.

#4 of 56 Old 11-16-2008, 06:00 AM

Good luck on the FET. I had 2 frozen embryos transferred last June, and am now pregnant with twins due in March. And these were frozen for 10 years, so it can work very well.

I think it's actually alot nicer when you're just doing the transfer and not having to go through the whole IVF thing along with it.

Let me know if I can do anything for moral support.

Single mom to the Crunchy Froglets, Keith and Carlin, twin boys born 1/30/09. Frozen for 10 years, now unleashed on the world.
#5 of 56 Old 11-17-2008, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for even posting!! I really liked having cycle buddies during my IVF run in July, I miss just having someone care where I'm at!! I have only told 2 friends IRL and now I don't even see them that much!

Btw, my dd is the result of our last FET, and they transfered THREE as that was all the survived the freezing and they weren't great quality (but she sure is!!! : )

#6 of 56 Old 11-17-2008, 11:33 AM

Hey CRM! I'm not a cycle buddy (only wish I was), but I wanted to send you lots of Hopefully SR will poke her head in here to join you. Keep sane and know that I'll be praying for you.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#7 of 56 Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 PM

Here I am! My transfer is scheduled for 12/4 as long as it all goes as planned. I am excited, hopeful but also a little scared it won't work. What is your protocol looking like, CRM? I am on estrogen now and I start the PIO shots on November 30th. Are you doing the progesterone shots? My clinic only does shots with FET's.

Julia'sMom: I see you have 2 angels in your sig. I am so sorry. I remember cycling with you this summer. My heart goes out to you.

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#8 of 56 Old 11-17-2008, 01:36 PM

I'm still in the deciding stages as to whether or not I'll do an FET in January/February. Do ya mind if I stalk you to see what it all entails?

Good luck, CRM and SR! :
#9 of 56 Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Julia'smom : backatcha.

Wow, SR, you have so much more predictability than me! I've been on the suppression nose spray for a week and I have 3 more bcp's to go, and then I call the clinic when AF shows up and find out when to start Estrace and prometrium. Then they monitor things and decide when to do the ET. No making plans for me! Actually now that I'm thinking about it, the unpredictability is stressing me out, I'm going to call them and get some answers!

You are welcome to come along for the ride OrganicSister, I sure learned a lot from stalking IVF cycle threads.

I am tired and unmotivated and grumpy. Can't tell if that's winter, the drugs or the fact that I'm weaning myself off of caffeine!

#10 of 56 Old 11-17-2008, 09:56 PM

Oh good CRM... I thought I was the only one who was tired, unmotivated and grumpy. Glad I'm not alone! I can't wait for this all to be over. I really had NO idea how draining this IVF stuff would be when I started. I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me.

Hope you all are doing well...
#11 of 56 Old 11-29-2008, 08:42 PM

Hi everyone. I am just trying to keep this thread afloat. I had my u/s to check my lining last week and it looks good. I start the progesterone shots tomorrow evening. Tuesday am I have blood work taken and Thursday is the transfer day!!! I am feeling a little nervous tonight because my husband just left for a whole week (work related) and I am going to be alone. My mom and sister said they will be coming for the transfer but I have never been alone without him since we moved to this house. I feel pretty anxious. I am worried we will get some big snow storms or something that will make the week difficult.

CRM, what's going on with you?

#12 of 56 Old 11-30-2008, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

Hey pinkfriend. Hope you are doing well. IF can be a full time job if you do it right (lots of naps!)

Hey Sri Rahda, that sounds crummy. What a bummer time for your dh to be away during this time. I hope it is all sunshiney weather for you. Do some nice things for yourself and take it easy easy easy.

Of course I am not following my own advice. I have been really confused about the timing of all of this and now I have committed to work things that I may have to cancel. I am doing estrace, just increased my dose today (yay, bring on the extra crazies!). I am tired and just low energy. Loving the accupuncture, though. And I have been trying to fit in extras like massages. I go for an u/s on the 9th and then if all is well with the lining thickness, my ET could be the 11th or?? They say 2 to 10 days later...wth? Seems pretty variable. I won't be doing shots, but progesterone suppositories. And then we can look forward to the 2ww and betas in the Christmas season, I just realized that! Oh my.

to you and plenty of : Let me know how you are doing. I am glad you posted, I have been feeling like this is so much less of a big deal than the full IVF cycle, because it's easier on my body, but I am dwelling and hoping just as much, kwim?

#13 of 56 Old 11-30-2008, 02:30 AM

Hi everyone, Good luck to all of you.

CRM ~
Thinking of you. Estrace and "extra crazies" is so true. I wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. You'd think I loose some weight from it, but noooooo just crazies and I am already a nut.
#14 of 56 Old 11-30-2008, 11:03 AM

CRM: To me an FET is a big deal. Yes, it's a little easier on your body but mentally it's the same to me. I have been exhausted , too. I think it's the estrace although the lupron doesn't help either. I had my last dose of lupron this morning and I get my first progesterone shot tonight. Since my husband is away there is a nurse in town that will be coming over every night to give it to me.

It sucks that my husband will be away but he ran it by me a few months ago and I said fine because if my body was "normal" I would have had the damn transfer by now. I thought this was the safe zone. My period took FOREVER to come and it held up the whole process. My IVF nurse thought maybe I decided not to do it!

I really hope we both get BFP's out of this. That would be a great Christmas miracle! My nurse asked me ahead of time if I wanted to wait until after the holidays but I said no way! If I get a negative I will be very upset regardless of the holidays. I think I will find out on the 18th. They hold the first beta number at my clinic because if it is below 50 they really don't have a conclusive answer. I guess they want to make sure it doubles. I might give in and POAS by then.

How many are you transferring? I am transferring two. Keep me updated!

#15 of 56 Old 12-02-2008, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone!
The crazies are getting worse, I have such a short fuse! My dd is watching far too much TV but that is how we are coping.

Hope your nurse is wonderful Sri Rahda. I hated having to wait to get started too (your IVF cycle was July, too, right?) My dh was talking about taking a short trip later this month and I gave that a big NO. I don't want to be home with the kiddo alone, possibly dealing with a BFN or even just during the waiting.

The cycle that got us our dd we transferred THREE. I never would have planned that ahead of time, but the day of (there I am in the stirrups) they said that they had thawed 3, I guess due to the quality. It was all that survived the freeze and of course they can't refreeze them! So we transferred 3 and here she is! This time we have a lot more frozen and plan to transfer 2. Twins is a lot scarier to contemplate now that we already have one, but it's worth the risk to us. And we will likely have another shot if this cycle doesn't work.

I am crossing my fingers for BFP's for both of us too!!! My first possible date for ET would be the 11th, so I guess I wouldn't have a beta until after Christmas???? I really did not look ahead at all the dates, we wanted to get started asap, but doing this during the holidays is going to be weird! I might have to break my own rule and POAS if the clinic is closed!

Keep me updated! And let's all take a nap, sounds like we all need one.

#16 of 56 Old 12-04-2008, 11:13 PM

Hi CRM. My progesterone level was too low when I was tested on Tuesday so they had it retested on Wednesday. Luckily it came back high enough and I am having my transfer tomorrow. So I was delayed by one day but that's ok I guess. Yes, I had the IVF cycle in the summer but wasn't able to transfer anything because I was at risk for severe OHSS. I was so worried my progesterone wasn't going to be high enough when I was retested but thankfully it was! Sometimes I feel like if something out of the ordinary is going to happen it will happen to me!

I have all the dates figured out already! I will find out the beta results the afternoon of December 19th. I am so hoping we will both get pregnant this cycle and be in the same due date club! That would rock.

#17 of 56 Old 12-06-2008, 09:39 PM

Hi ladies, just checking in.

Sri Radha ~ How did your transfer go?

Crazyrunningmom ~ How are you doing?
#18 of 56 Old 12-07-2008, 10:05 AM

I thought I posted here about my transfer. I guess I didn't!

The transfer went as planned. You need to go in with a full bladder and I drank too much water too early and I had to pee before they took me back. Then I got worried and drank more. By the time I went back I was actually in pain from having to pee so bad, they let me go and let some out. For the procedure my bladder was still really full, they seemed impressed! LOL! I transferred 2 embies, one 8 cell and one 5 cell both grade B. They assured me lots of babies are born from grade B and even C embryos but I think I would have felt better with grade A! (I just looked up online that frozen embryos are rarely an A as they usually have a small amount of fragmentation, so I guess it's good). Afterwards I had to lay there for 15 minutes and I peed myself! They had a wee-wee pad under me so I guess it was ok but it was embarrassing! I couldn't stop it. It just came out. I did too good of a job filling my bladder. My step-daughter thought it was hysterical. I was laughing, too. If I didn't pee right before the procedure I would have peed on the doctor! The nurse said that has happened before. LOL. It was fun to have my step daughter in there. She was so sweet.

My beta is 12/14 and 12/16. I won't know the results of the first one. They freeze it and run it on the same day as the second. So I will know 12/16.

Now the obsession begins. I am already worried but hopeful! They thawed 3 and only 1 didn't make it. So I still have 16 left. I just hope they are getting all snuggly in there and cozy-ing in for 9 months!

#19 of 56 Old 12-07-2008, 08:34 PM

Congrats on your transfer Sri! I hope its sticky!
#20 of 56 Old 12-07-2008, 08:49 PM

SR ~ Sounds like your transfer went well. Grow embies grow! Omg you must of been suffering thru the full bladder. My re does not ask for a full bladder so I am peeing up to the last second and even then feel like I'll pee on him. You did awesome .
#21 of 56 Old 12-09-2008, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

: to you Sri Radha!!! Now I'm all worried about the full bladder aspect, though

I went for my u/s today, 13.5 mm which is apparently good. But my ET is not scheduled until next Wednesday!!! Grrr. They only have so many spots and they are winding down til they close for the holidays. So, still doing the nasty suppression stuff for a few more days AND I totally thought it would be this week so I'm going to have to figure out what to do about all the work stuff I have booked for next week. But I will not stress about it! Then over the holidays, they only phone with beta results on certain days. I am predicting that I will break my own rule and POAS.

#22 of 56 Old 12-10-2008, 09:05 PM

You still have a week to wait? Bummer. All the waiting is so hard. I am now 5 days past my transfer and I hope the embryo(s) and implanting and snuggling in! Are you transferring blasts or 3 day?

I read it is really important to have a full bladder for the transfer because it helps them get the embryos where they need to go. So if this cycle works it will be worth peeing myself!

Have you seen this? It's the approximate schedule of what happens after a transfer:

this is what happens in a 3dt :

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT

this is what happens in a 5dt :

-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT

#23 of 56 Old 12-10-2008, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Cool! What exactly does "dpt" mean? I should be able to figure it out from context, but I can't. Still on the crazy drugs and yes, the waiting is suck-ola. We don't have any blasts frozen (none made it that far), we have 6 day 2's and 7 day 3's. We had lots of eggs, so they froze some at day 2 because apparently the earlier they freeze them the more likely they are to survive.
Sticky sticky vibes to you....

#24 of 56 Old 12-10-2008, 11:30 PM

dpt = days past transfer
#25 of 56 Old 12-11-2008, 11:40 AM

Sri Rahda : I am amazed at how calm you seem during the tww.

CRM Aarrgghhh, it is so hard to wait! I hope it goes quickly for you and the holidays are a great distraction from the tww.

: and to everyone!

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#26 of 56 Old 12-11-2008, 06:32 PM

Thanks, Julia's mom! I have been pretty calm, mostly because I haven't expected to feel anything yet. I did have a few bouts of fear...like I was sitting in front of a space heater and I became terrified that I heated my body temp up too much and hurt the embies! I even called my IVF nurse and she assured me I was fine. I have been feeling some twinges today but I know I have a bigger focus on that area of my body so it's probably nothing. I don't know how calm I will be waiting for the results of my beta on Tuesday. I will be at work so hopefully I will be a little distracted!

CRM: I am thinking of you! I hope you get a New Years baby! I am guessing your beta will be after Christmas if your transfer is on the 17th.

#27 of 56 Old 12-12-2008, 06:54 PM

Hello Friends,
I am now 7 days post 5 day embryo transfer and just took a home pregnancy test that was negative. Is this too soon and is there a possibility this was inaccurate? :
#28 of 56 Old 12-12-2008, 06:59 PM

Gigibean: According to the chart I listed (which is approximate) it would be too early to show up on an hpt. So try not to be sad about it. It is most likely too early.

#29 of 56 Old 12-13-2008, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGibean View Post
Hello Friends,
I am now 7 days post 5 day embryo transfer and just took a home pregnancy test that was negative. Is this too soon and is there a possibility this was inaccurate? :
Yes, it's too early and it very likely is not accurate. ( I am basing this on my memories of others on this board doing POAS and getting a negative and later finding it was really positive. )

: to you

#30 of 56 Old 12-13-2008, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeecharmer View Post
dpt = days past transfer
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
Sri Rahda : I am amazed at how calm you seem during the tww.

CRM Aarrgghhh, it is so hard to wait! I hope it goes quickly for you and the holidays are a great distraction from the tww.
I know, Sri Rahda sounds so chill. And I am a lunatic with no brain power. And looking forward to not getting beta results right away because the clinic is basically closed for the holidays.
Thanks for the cheering and good wishes. Hope you are doing okay. Keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Radha View Post
Thanks, Julia's mom! I have been pretty calm, mostly because I haven't expected to feel anything yet. I did have a few bouts of fear...like I was sitting in front of a space heater and I became terrified that I heated my body temp up too much and hurt the embies! I even called my IVF nurse and she assured me I was fine. I have been feeling some twinges today but I know I have a bigger focus on that area of my body so it's probably nothing. I don't know how calm I will be waiting for the results of my beta on Tuesday. I will be at work so hopefully I will be a little distracted!

CRM: I am thinking of you! I hope you get a New Years baby! I am guessing your beta will be after Christmas if your transfer is on the 17th.
Thanks for the good wishes. I hope your twinges are extra twingey and meaningful. Good luck with the beta on Tuesday and keep us informed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page