Mothering Forum banner

Homestretch

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nemodori2084 
#1 ·
Whelp it's the final weeks... Everything this pregnancy seems to be wrapping up as smoothly as it can with GD. Dealing with leg pain, mostly from medicine that helps control blood sugar. Weekly appointments, where I get to take a non-stress test and get an ultrasound down.
I'm debating about getting a tour of the hospital just because I've never had a reason to visit this one. Plus it's a lot bigger than the one I delivered in 1,000 miles away :/ I've gotten into a good cleaning mode. Hubby can't do nearly as much as I nor can he keep up. So it's up to me. Should be ordering the last of the baby item's needed, like carseat and swing probably next week.
Had the Strep B swap done on Tuesday, I've always been negative for it, so I don't think this time should be any different. My OB even offered to check and see if there was any dilation yet (not that feel any BH or anything unless I'm on my side at the wrong time) He said I'm ruffly 1/2 cm dilated. I don't count that for much, but I keep telling baby she has to wait for her due date or she wants to be nice so I can get an extra paycheck in she can wait up to a week and no more.
I found out I qualified for FMLA so I'm going to the 12 weeks this time around. No need to stress over pumping or buying bottles right away will be real nice. But I plan to work up until the day I labor so I get the most out of my leave ;). Just gotta figure out how to put that on the paperwork. I have another growth ultrasound on Tuesday, as it stood earlier this month she was estimated at 5lbs and 2 days ahead. And since blood sugar is control (95%) of the time and I'm on my treadmill up to 5 times a day depending on my legs and how baby is positioned, I don't think she should of gained too much weight. Brothers were both 8lb 8.6oz and 8lbs 14oz, So she would be somewhere around there too.
The only that bothered me this last appointment was the OB commented that he hopes I go into labor naturally. So I retorted, it happened the last two times and I was barely active first pregnancy, really active until the last 4 weeks of last pregnancy, and trying not to be too lazy with a desk job this time around. I say my chances of normal labor (not induced) are pretty darn high.
So anyways, if I want to set up a tour with hospital so I know what I'm doing (especially if it's middle of the day, always went to hospital at wee morning hours) how would I do that? In a general sense. Thanks :) Sorry for the long update :wink:

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm 37 weeks today. Last week I felt awful, and found myself dreaming about going into labor a lot. Like I felt that I couldn't handle being pregnant anymore. I was just so tired and cranky, and had HORRIBLE joint pain, especially in my hips. Sleeping was so hard. I was rolling over every hour and it hurt so much. I'm not sure what was going on, because I actually feel pretty good this week.

I have been getting braxton hicks for months with this baby. They are definitely worse when I am not drinking enough water. I think baby is posterior right now, and I have been trying to encourage her to flip around. I will ask my midwives about it on my appointment Monday.

#4 ·
I don't feel most of the BH that I have. Every once in a while I get a tightening sensation on my whole abdomen but thats about it and it's not really all that uncomfortable, just feels weird. (Must be all the extra fat from before pregnancy). Anyways, I'm starting to think me having GD might of been a testing error or something :/ I was put on some medicine last month to help control my once a day spike which ended up with loads of symptoms, that can't really be dealt with my a doctor. But after having my talk with my doctor about him inducing me (hell no on that), I decided to take myself off the medicine to test a theory I've had for while. And now that I'm off the medicine, my fatigue has mostly retreated, my legs are bothering me and the swelling is slowing stopping, the baby is moving at lot more than before, and my sugars are all normal. So normal that I think the medicine was giving me spikes and high readings. (I'll bring it up to him next week)but my readings where in 110's-120 for a normal safe reading, and now that I stopped I usually stay below 100. I don't know if it's a coincidence since before and after I've been walking a lot more to help the insulin resistance. But I told the diabetes counselor that I figure it was DD in the wrong spot when they did the tests which prevented the insulin from doing it's job. And it's not like my diets changed all that much. But I have my suspicions... and I don't feel nearly as heavy as I felt the last month or so since I brought up glucose testing. Here's to convincing dear old doctor that he might of been wrong. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.