Had Mirena removed now bleeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-20-2008, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a Mirena put in a week ago Thursday. I had not yet had a PPAF (my son is 7 months) due to EBF. I had several side effects from the IUD and had it removed yesterday. Now today I am having heavy menstrual type bleeding. So my question is did the Mirena jump start my cycles again or could this just a fluke? I'm charting and will assume that I fertile again just because we don't want any more babies right now. But I'm just wondering if the progesterone had an effect on me like that. I was really hoping it would have taken a little longer to get AF back. Oh well I guess.

Katana - Full time student : and SAHM to 5 kids
Boy / Girl Twins born 5/5/2010!!!
#2 of 7 Old 12-24-2008, 06:09 PM

I could have written this post word for word. I had mine removed yesterday and am bleeding fresh blood like a menstual bleed. I am wondering the same thing and came to post this exact question. I hope someone will check this post today even though it's christmas eve.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#3 of 7 Old 12-24-2008, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

southernmommie,
I don't know if this is helpful or not but my bleeding lasted 4 days just like my normal period. It just stopped yesterday and today I had sticky CF so I'll have to wait until mid cycle to see if my CF changes to a more fertile pattern. I know one thing though, I'm so glad to have the IUD out I felt better within a day of havign it removed.

Katana - Full time student : and SAHM to 5 kids
Boy / Girl Twins born 5/5/2010!!!
#4 of 7 Old 12-24-2008, 10:58 PM

I hope it helps. I am due to have my regular period in a couple of weeks. I wonder if it will throw that one off. Either way I am going to have to pay special close attention since we are charting to avoid.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

#5 of 7 Old 12-25-2008, 01:02 AM

Ok I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple of months ago. I had mine removed (I hadn't had a PP AF either), and bled about the length of a normal period. I was expecting and dreading getting my period the next month, but I never got one and it's been almost three months. : Obviously, I can't guarantee anything for you ladies, but my theory is that it's just the body reacting from the drop in hormones. Hopefully this will be the case for you as well.

I'm charting too and for the first few weeks after getting it removed, my temps were all over the place just fyi.
#6 of 7 Old 12-26-2008, 03:45 PM

TMI... I'm having clumps in my blood. A lot of them. I even bled on my pants as I was pulling them down to go pee.

m/c '97 and in '03

#7 of 7 Old 12-26-2008, 04:09 PM

I bled for over a week after removing the Mirena.

Then I went 4 months before getting my periods back (got it back because my daughter night weaned)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page